Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Ayashi no Kijutsu ❯ two: uncovering the past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

- Amichan - kurisutarusakura@hotmail.com - http://www.geocities.com/thecrazyfangirl/ -

Notes and copyright information are at the end.

This chapter is dedicated to Sherry (for being Sherry and doing all she did for me as well as type up stuff for me), Richard (for encouraging me all the time even though I'm such a horrible friend), Johnny (for trying to make me feel better at times and for being strange and amusing me), and Edwin (yes you, Edwin, for being an awesome friend even though you don't admit it nor want to be a good friend to me).

the night falls
and the stars fade
as the epic begins
and the story is told

of how the two worlds
shall come together
one, undivided
forever in peace

of the two fated ones
with faith and courage
friends and allies
and their destinies

Fate played its part. A chanced meeting between Hitomi and Suzumi stirs up the past, while, at the same time, Van discovers other lost Draconians who told him about the destruction of the first civilization on Earth. The secret of the creation of Gaea and the races involved is about to be uncovered.

And this is how that uncovering came about....

AYASHI NO KIJUTSU
(Eerie Magic)
Chapter Two: Uncovering the Past

"Ah," Aya gasped in response to her cell phone ringing, "please wait a moment," she said to Hitomi.

"Hello?" a familiar voice was heard over the phone, "Aya?"

"Yuuhi!" Aya gasped in pleasant surprise, "How are you?"

"Why," Yuuhi muttered in annoyance, "did 'nee-san give me yet another one of those 'Tennyo Protecting Bands?'"

"..." Aya sweat dropped, "Erm..."

---

The birds sing to the empty sky...
The seas turn slowly...
The past begins to unfold...
The sky turns dark...


---

"There was another race---a race of women, perfect and smart," the old Draconian continued, "No one ever told us what connection there was between those women and the old empire, but I have a feeling that they had something to do with the destruction..."

---

A chapter is opened...
A page is turned...
The story begins...
The legacy resumes...

---

Yuuhi hung up the phone in annoyance---Aya's feeble erms and ers were not particularly helpful. There was something going on, and he wanted to know what.

---

Stories unfolded
Hidden things told
Secrets revealed
The clock turns


---

"So..." Aya said slowly, "there's a whole other world also with heavenly beings?"

"Yes," Hitomi nodded, "but they're a hated race. It took a war to get them to trust Van."

"And you were stuck in the midst of all of it?"

Hitomi laughed, "I guess you can put it that way. I wish the war never ended, in some strange selfish way."

"I see," Aya muttered to herself.

---

Don't know what to do
Don't know where to go
Don't know what to think
Don't know what to feel


---

"Hitomi," Van sighed, "I guess..." he broke off. He held the pendant in his hand, and prayed that everything was all right where Hitomi is, because he had a strange feeling that...

---

Plans taking shape
Obstacles forming
Lives changed
Things remembered

---

Hitomi took a sip of coffee. She savored the bitterness for a moment, "Eh..." she added another half packet of sugar and a bit of cream.

"Well," Aya tilted her head, "Do you have any idea what connection there might be?"

"Mm..." Hitomi took another sip of coffee and tilted her head while she analyzed the flavor and studied the mug carefully, "Perhaps..." she stopped there and added another fourth of an ounce or so of coffee from the pot to her mug to balance out the flavor of the sugar and cream.

"Perhaps...?"

"I..." Hitomi paused thoughtfully, "I heard a rumor while at Gaea," she continued examining her cup slowly, "that Gaea itself was created by ancestors of Draconians, who were from Earth..."

"So there might be some real connection from the past after all. I wish I can ask Ceres about it..."

---

Don't know who I am
My true identity
Who I'm really am
What I really am

---

"Na!" Baby Aki cooed. He watched with giant round eyes every movement of his father.

Funny, the baby thought, the man who is always holding me---Aki squirmed a little---looks funny. The shape of his mouth looks funny. It looks all stiff and... and...

A vision of a man appeared to the baby suddenly, shining a light upon everything. To the baby, everything else suddenly faded away...

"Aki..." the man with pretty eyes and a kind voice said, "your mother... watch over her like I never could..."

Who are you?

"I am... Aki Mikage... the Aki Mikage you were named after," blood-red ear rings seemed to shine brilliantly for a moment.

---

What's purpose?
What's destiny?
Does fate choose
Or do I choose my fate?

---

Touya looked down at the suddenly silent baby, who seemed to be staring at something.

"Aki?" he said softly, smoothing out the baby's hair.

"A-" the baby struggled with the word, "A... Akeeeeehh."

Aya sweat dropped, "..."

Hitomi looked interested, "How old... is this baby?"

"..." Touya stared, "Three months old."

Silence followed.

---

Don't know where I am
Don't know who I am
Don't know what is waiting
Don't know anything

---

"Looks like," the man murmured, "the time has finally come." He stood up. "Gentlemen," he began, "and ladies," he added, "the time has come finally. What we have foreseen for so many years has happened."

Muttering was heard through out the room.

"I would like to announce that," he paused, fingering his mustache, "the secret of Atlantis has finally begun its uncovering."

The room went into a state of chaos.

---

The planning has begun
The outcome unknown
But the goal is clear
To make path for a new world

---

"One day," the man said, pouring himself some wine, "someone will find the connection between the Tennyo and the Draconian. And they will do something about it."

"But what do you think would happen?" Van inquired.

"I think..." the man looked downcast, "there will be great chaos."

---

A new era has begun
A new story
A new life
The action begins... now

---

BAM

"What...?" Aya looked startled and her eyes naturally looked towards the door that was just knocked down.

Hitomi made a startled noise as the first man who entered loaded their handguns and pointed it at her.

Touya pulled out a replica of his old knife from when he still had the mana, and sailed into the leading man who had his gun aimed at Hitomi. Aya kicked one of the men in the shin, while Hitomi quickly pulled out a metal folding chair and smashed it into one of the men. But they had the advantage of surprise, and soon, Hitomi found herself grabbing for the baby and failing miserably in trying to get a firm grip on the baby while the last intruder left snatched little Aki and pointed his gun at the baby.

"Aki!" Aya slid to the floor in horror. But Touya didn't hesitate to drive the dagger into the arm of that man. The man, panicking, pressed the trigger, but it missed, barely, scraping the baby's left arm before it hit one of the folding chairs stacked against the wall, went halfway through the metal of the chair, and fell to the floor at last.

Touya, still unhesitating, deftly drove his elbow into the man's stomach, sending the man down heavily onto the floor.

"Aki!!" Aya rushed to pick up the baby, who Touya had failed to catch and had slid softly to the ground after the man had fallen and had finally let go of him.

---

Don't know what is happening
Don't know why it's happening
Don't know how to stop it
Don't know hot to end the pain

---

"So they didn't manage to get the baby after all. We have to get the baby. He's the key to all this. I know it. He wasn't born without a purpose!"

A Word To the Reader About This Chapter

I'm so sorry! That was a random and short chapter. It was only 18 kb, as opposed to the 25 kb of the last chapter. But I really didn't want to include the next part of the story so soon. This is, I guess, the real beginning of the story, where stuff is actually happening. And you might wonder why Hitomi managed to act so well even when she's in shock. Well, Hitomi being Hitomi...

Let us just say, she has been taught more than "Allen is not for me and is a pretty boy and Amano isn't for me either" on Gaea. IMHO, she has become much stronger than the girl she was at the beginning of the series... But in the movie, that's just... ugh...

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed that, at least. I was never good at writing stuff with action in it...

Author's Random Ramblings:
Waii! I'm so happy! Next weekend equals LAKE ARROWHEAD weekend! I'm so excited! I know it's just a small 3-day-and-two-nights trip, but I can't help it! The thought of smashing a wad of snow right smack into Jonathon's face is just too funny! I'm just kidding. And no, that's not the Jonathon who's dead.

But it really will be fun! The forecast says that there'll be lots of snow so we get to have a snow fight like last year! Last year, I just sat around doing nothing and avoiding snow and cold. But this year, I have become stronger and braver! *cheers for Amy* Yeah! ^^ And they tell me that they'll drag me onto the dance floor no matter what at the dance this year. It's okay! I'm no longer afraid of dancing! Duahahaha!

^^ After so many dances with the other Jonathon, anyone would get over dance-phobia...

Anyways, I can't wait for next weekend. I already have 7 pages or so in my little organizer written full of "general things to bring," "mangas to bring," "CDs to bring," "people to remember to smack with snow," "people to call while at L.A.," "people to write while at L.A.," and "what clothes to wear when." I'm so obsessed, ne?

Hahah. It's gonna be so interesting...

And...

The whole point of that rambling was to tell you that I won't be updating this fanfic or the site for the fanfic at all next weekend, since I'll be gone for almost all of it. I'll be gone from 1 pm Friday to around 6-10 pm on Sunday. And I'll be pretty dead when I come back. Ugh. The bus ride was dreadful last year. o.0 I almost suffocated, literally. I'm serious. There was a gas leak or something and we were delayed about 4 hours, and I almost coughed myself to death. I swear. I couldn't breathe and all...

And Sherry tells me that I should be okay, as I managed not to die last time anyways...

Ramblings About the Process of Writing This Chapter...
The Process of Thinking and Writing was long and tedious. Ugh. I'm surprised I managed the Friday deadline. -_- Aiya. I hate being rushed, but I need some goal or another to keep me going. I hope this chapter doesn't actually seem boring and forced because I sort of rushed myself a bit with the writing. Other authors will know that being rushed seriously effect the quality of the output of emotions and the story itself...

Chapter Two Notes:
1. This chapter may seem boring, I know, but it connects the first and third chapters so that the connection between them could be sewn a little more solidly.
2. The usual thanks go to Sherrychan, Sapphy, Silver, Pat, and everyone else.
3. This chapter is dedicated to some wonderful people. To Sherry for supporting me all the time and being Sherry. To Richard for being a wonderful friend and sweet even though you probably don't feel like being understanding to me just now. To Johnny for trying to make me feel better at my most depressed times, and for being pathetic (which cheers me up ^^). And to Edwin, even though you might not agree, for being a friend and listening to my various ramblings with little complaint (note: I say little complaint, because you DO complain).
4. Thanks to everyone for reading! Please review/e-mail me!

Overall Notes:
1. I assumed that the original Escaflowne cast did not know about Gaia's origination, which was from the drama CD(s?), I believe.
2. The layout, location, technology, history, and theory of Atlantis and its interaction with other places in the world is from The Atlantis Blue Print, a facinating book by Colin Wilson and Rand Flem-ath, even if I don't agree with their theories on the Christian aspects of their analysis. It's a great book.
3. Escaflowne belong to... I don't remember---I think it was Bandai. But Ayashi no Ceres belongs to Watase-sensei.