Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Call of the Angels ❯ Return ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Escaflowne: Love and Fate

By: Heavens Requiem aka Aeonian Dreams

A/N: Alrighty, letz get the show on the road! I loved Escaflowne but didn't quite feel the same way about the ending so I decided to change things a little…okay a lot so sue me! NO WAIT don't sue me! I don't have any money!

Disclaimer: I no own, you no sue!

Chapter 1: Return

Hitomi Kanzaki sat in the bleachers along side the track staring off into the cerulean sky her thoughts somewhere else. It had been a month since she had returned to Earth from Gaea. Though she was happy she was home and that the war on Gaea had ended, sorrow still stained her heart. Her thoughts were of Van. No matter what she could not stop thinking about him. Those thoughts swirled around her mind like cherry blossoms in the lonely spring winds. She sighed heavily, she wanted to be with him but she knew that her place was here with her family. However now whenever her thoughts were of Gaea a troubling feeling gripped her soul. She looked down at her hand. Within it's grasp was the Tower card, something bad was going to happen.

She looked towards the track that she usually ran on. There was no practice today, but she still felt the need to come there. She began to walk down the bleachers and approached the track. It wasn't so long ago when she had run this very same track and had for the first time met Van. Her thoughts lingered on him. She looked to the sky and to the world she knew existed there. She wondered what was going on in Gaea and to all the friends she left behind.

~~*~~

Van sat in the garden behind the palace in Fanelia and looked up to the Mystic Moon. His thoughts were of that of Hitomi and what she was up to. Van sighed and lay back onto the soft ground, putting his hands behind his head. He wished that she was here with him and would never leave his side. He knew better, she was happy back home where her family and friends were. But those thoughts brought him no joy, only an aching deep in his heart. He fingered the necklace Hitomi gave him and closed his eyes. He could still see her face clearly in his mind. He wanted so badly to touch her and hold her in his arms. However a voice brought him back from his reverie. "Lord Van." A soft voice called to him.

He opened his eyes to find Merle. She looked like she was going to burst with excitement. "Merle, what's the matter?" he asked.

"Guess what, guess what, Allen's here! They wanna see you!" Merle bounced up and down pulling Van to his feet. "Come ON Lord Van! Let's go see him!" She took Vans hands and began to pull him towards the newly rebuilt castle.

"Merle, wait a minute!" he sputtered as she dragged him through the garden through the halls and into the library where they were waiting. Merle flung the doors open and shoved Van into the room. She closed the doors behind them and bouncing over took a seat next to Allen

"Hello Van, long time no see." Allen smiled as he shook Van's hand and pulled him into a backslapping hug.

"Yes, it has. What are you doing here?" Van asked taking a seat next to Allen.

" Don't you know?" Allen asked looking a little confused.

"No, what's the matter?" the serious look upon Allen's face wasn't encouraging. Cold fear sank to the bottom of his stomach and settled there. HE had been feeling like something horrible was going to happen but he didn't want to believe it.

"It's Zaibach." Allen said softly not looking away from Van's piercing gaze.

"What about it?" Van asked trying to combat the fear that was rising in him. Peace had finally come and now it was already being threatened? It wasn't fair.

"Someone claiming to be the son of Emperor Doinkirk has reawakened the Empire." Allen answered with a steady voice.

Van Jumped up out of his seat, "What!? Who!? How!?"

Merle pulled Van back into his seat, "Listen to him Lord Van."

A frown creased Allen's handsome face, " He calls himself, Gideon and he says it is by divine will that he will take over Gaea and resurrect the true Atlantis."

"Resurrect the true Atlantis? What does that mean?" Van asked desperately wanting answers.

Allen shook his head sending his long blond hair swaying behind him. " I don't know. That's why I came to you, I need your help. We need Escaflowne."

Van wheeled back at those words. Escaflowne was needed. Those words rang out in his mind. Only a month…one month and the peace that was paid for with the lives of so many innocents were gone. He closed his eyes. Van trembled with rage. It just wasn't fair. Why did this have to happen now? Or even at all? Why? In his minds eye his saw the face of his brother Folken. He knew then his answer to whether or not to act. Van looked into Allen's blue eyes; "I'll help you. We must keep the peace."

Allen smiled at Van, "Thanks, Van."

Van returned that smile, "let's go check on Escaflowne, it's been a while since I've checked on it." Allen followed Van as they wandered through the halls of the castle as they went to find Escaflowne. They finally came to the room that housed Escaflowne. There it sat as if waiting for the time to once again return back to the battlefield. Van stepped up and touched the foot of Escaflowne, "Hello old friend."

Just then Escaflowne's energist crystal began to glow bright. Allen brought his hand up, "What the…?!"

Van brought his arms his arms to block the blinding light, "What is this?!"

~~*~~

Hitomi walked the track some more, trying to work out the feelings in her mind. She came to the start of the track and stood there looking down at it. It was there that the greatest adventure of her life. She knelt down and touched the track with her fingertips. She wanted so much to see Van again. She stretched her arms wide. If only she could grow wings and fly. She smiled. She could fly. She dropped down in the ready position and looked up, ready to run on the track. She closed her eyes and prepared to run.

She got ready and in her mind said go. She began to run, pumping her arms and legs hard. She felt the wind whip around her and it almost felt as if she were flying. Once again her mind drifted back to Van. She remembered all the times she was flying with him on Escaflowne. She reached her arms out wide and willed herself back to the time when she was with Van. Suddenly in front of her there was a pillar of light. She couldn't believe her eyes there in front of her was a pillar of light. She ran towards the pillar her arms wide and as she was enveloped in that light she let his name fall past her lips, "Van…"

End Chapter 1

A/N: Please read, review and tell me what I can to do to make it better and if I should continue. Next time on Escaflowne: Reunion. Please look forward to it! Ja na!