Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ As Time Goes On ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Slayer



By, TigerWolf



Note from author- Dilandau, is not a girl, when he became Allen's sister, they acutely split into two people. Also Falcon was stolen out of his grave and given life again, same with all the Dragon slayers that died.

Part 1- As time goes on


My name is Maya, and this is a story about discovering were you belong. My best friend is Hitomi who I meat three years ago when we discovered we were to share a dorm room. We became instant friends for one reason, we both had a pendent that was almost exactly alike, but my pendent was an aqua blue color, and hers was a reddish-pink. It is acutely pretty strange, she left hers on a planet called Gaea when she was 15 but it magically showed up the day we might. Yes I know all about Gaea, she told me the whole story, and I believed it. You are probably wondering were my pendent came from and well the answer is I don't know. I have always had it sense I was a baby, I was found with it. See I'm an orphan and was found after a freak storm in a middle of a filed by a lady called Kita Dowel. But to me she is Master Kita. See after I was adopted she always stayed in my life, she taught me much in the marshal arts, so hence the reason I call her Master Kita.

~~ Hitomi at this age ~~

As time went on Hitomi grow to become a beautiful young women. It had been six long years since Hitomi left Gaea. The first few months of her old life had felt strange to her like she was not suppose to be here. Hitomi was almost scornful of the people here, who were so pampered by their saucier lives. They never thought about how lucky they are. Girls she once thought of as friends seemed surreal and thought two much about how there hair looked. Without the foundation and identity she had before, Hitomi drifted, looking for somewhere to stand. She felt like a stranger in her own life, everything was turned upside down. So Hitomi buried herself in schoolwork and track, she even took up a self-defense class and Kendo to help her relax and distract her mind from the pain that she felt day after day.
She was always able to reached out to Van, but it seamed he was too often busy with something that was more important then a touch of reassurance, and when he would reach to her it was the other way around. They both withdrew to a world tangled with grief and frustration, but they continually reminded each other that they were there for one another. But the desire to be able to touch, smell and fell each other was almost unbearable. So she dealed with her pain by masking it.

~~~~~

Van meanwhile was busy rebuilding Fanelia, and creating a future for it. He also like Hitomi hid his pain in the work that had to be done. He tried to hide some of his feelings to Hitomi; he did not want her to know he was being procured to take a wife. At first everyone on Gaea knew about Van's love for her, but after a couple of years passed so did peoples hope of them fade, a love on the Mystic Moon was not going to give Fenelia a hair. More and more was he was showing his anger because of this frustration, his advisers were the only ones who knew how angry he could get. To the people of Fanelia he was looked at as a gentle but sad king, who helped the people.

~~~~~

Hitomi was now over at my apartment I owned on the out skirts of the city by the forest. I just finished giving Hitomi lessons on ridding a horse, and we were walking back to the apartment, and she was telling me about what happened last night.

~~ Hitomi the night before ~~

She sat down on her bed in her apartment and began to cry sadness clawed its way out of an abandoned heart. As she cried she remembered Van in more detail the shadow that now seamed to cloud his image was leafed. She loved Van, and always will, and she accepted that, she missed him so much.
Van was sitting out in the gardens and felt Hitomis sadness; Hitomi could fell his concern but it only mad her cry harder. She had always missed him but it had hurt to miss someone so much. She wanted Van here with her and she didn't care where here was if they were there together.
Van did not know how to react to that. All Van wanted to be able to do right now was to comfort Hitomi and to see her, but he keeps this hidden from her mind. Inside he sent her love. But Hitomi could fell what he was truly felling.
Hitomi, cried a little longer then calmed herself down, and fell asleep.

~~~~~

"Hitomi, can I ask you something that I always ask you but you avoid the question?" I asked her
"Yeah," she said wiping away her tears.
"Why do you say here? Your not happy, I know your not, and you love Van, and you miss each other. I understand why you came back in the first place, but why stay know and punish yourself with such sorrow?"
"I'm afraid, not of leaving earth, but of being there. What if after all the time that passed we discover we don't like the people that we became?" Hitomi said
"Well is it not worth it to find out, give it a chance, and if it doesn't work then you can always came back, as far as I now."
"Yeah, but then there's the fact if I do marry him, I'll be a Queen, I don't know if I can take that kind of responsibility."
"Hitomi, relax, at first you will fell lost in your new responsibility, not know what to do fell helpless, but after time you'll know what to do, and I have complete confidence in you that you would be a great queen." I said.
"Your right."
"So then what's holding you back?"
"I don't know, nothing I guess, just all the what ifs, It's time I got passed them." Hitomi said.
"Are you saying what I think your trying to say?"
"Yes, I'm going back." She said. Then a pillar of light came down on both of us and lifted us up.

~~~~~

Hitomi woke on the ground, to see someone leaning over her. "What the heck, Get of me!" she yelled
"I'm sorry, I.."
"Who are you anyway?" She asked not happy about this, the person voice sounded familiar, but when she looked at him his face was hidden in shadows.
"Are you hurt at all?" he asked, and helped her up.
"No I'm not." She said. "My name is Hitomi, what's your..?"
She barley finished the question when he span her around, "Get of me!" Hitomi yelled. He did not let go, she struggled with him then tripped him down, he rolled over so he took most of the fall, she was about ready to punch him in the face when he caught her hand and rolled her over. Hitomi looked up into his eyes, "Van?" she whispered. He nodded. "I am so sorry." Hitomi started to laugh.
Van hushed her laughter with a kiss, and the world seemed to stop. The kiss was sweet and soft, and expressed every emotion they ever thought of, Hitomi and Van had never imagined it would be so wonderful.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this," whispered Van against her lips after they caught their breath some. Then he stood up and helps her up into his arms.
"I missed you so much," she said. She started to look around, she was on Gaea, but where is Maya? She kind of pulled away from Van, "Maya." she yelled. She herd nothing, "Oh, my, were can she be?" she said
"What, someone came with you?" Van said
"Yeah, well she was lifted in the pillar of light with me, she's my best friend, oh, my, her pendent! Van she has a pendent like mine. She could be anywhere if it's trying to lead her somewhere like mine did to me."
"We should get back to Fenelia if that's the case."
They walked into a large field; Escaflowne the dragon was in front of them. To Hitomi Van looked the same but different. He was about as tall as Falcon now, but she was also taller and they could almost see eye to eye. His hair was a little longer and tamed some, but just as jet-black. His mussels were more defined and built and his eyes were the same, but his voice was deeper. He wore a white shirt now and black pants.
To Van Hitomi had grown to be a beautiful young woman. Her hair was allot longer at lest past her shoulders but she had it French braided into two so it was hard to tell the length (he had to admit he liked it longer). She had grown taller like him and her body had changed to be more curved, and she looked more mature. Her eyes were as green as ever though. She was simply beautiful. She was warring some blue jeans and a dark green tank top to match her eyes.
"Why is Escaflowne awake?" she asked
"I'll tell you on the way, one word sums it up really, Zaibach."
"Look over there." Hitomi said a pillar of light was dropped down.
"That's were the Dragon temple is, that might be her." Van said steering Escaflowne that way.

~~~~~

I woke, I was laying on the middle of a floor, and in the middle of a circle, in what looked like to be some type of temple. I stood up and looked down at myself. "What the.." I said quietly, I was wearing something completely different form what I was on earth. I was wearing a royal blue sleeveless shirt, black pants, and black boats and gloves, I also had a sward on my side in a black case with royal blue gems around the sides, and last of all a royal blue cloak with a dragon on the back. I felt my short collar length brown hair (witch had blond and red highlights) and noticed it was pinned back into two parts, but my hair was now wavy not straight. But the weirdoes thing was on my upper right arm there was a royal blue mark of a dragon facing you belly side up with its wings spread. "Well I guess Gaea comes with a new wardrobe, a very blue wardrobe."
I looked around at the walls, there were pictures of dragons being slain, and pictures showing dragons to be the power of Gaea. Out side the circle I stood in the floor had pictures of dragons helping a person with a mark, the mark on my arm. It showed them giving her their power. Then the pictures changed and showed the person with wings of an Angel, and a pendent being given to her, the pendent I had. "This is a story with me?" I said in a whisper. I herd footsteps behind me; I turned around to see who it was.
"Hitomi." I said with a sigh of relief. "What happen, I know we came to Gaea, but why was a brought here and given all of this, and this mark, it seams the temple tales of it and there," I pointed to the picture of my pendent, "and my pendent."
"You've been chosen." A man said that I just noticed who was standing by Hitomi.
"Who are you? And I have been chosen?" I said
"I am Van de Fanel, king of Fenelia, and you are in the temple of the Dragon Slayer. And you have been chosen to be the Dragon Master, why you I do not know, but it dose call for some questioning, because this right runs only in my family line. It has been told that one day one of us would be chosen to fight and protect all of Gaea from a unknown foe."
"Well I always knew I was going to do something great, now I know what that something is." I said, "Well Hitomi it looks like your back, and you took a friend with you." I said
"I guess so."

~~~~~

Hitomi and Van rode Escaflowne back into Fenelia. I wanted to stay to look at the temple more, after all it was about me. Van arranged a horse to be outside. All the pictures that portrayed me I noticed had no since of identity but looked more male then female. 'Typical' I thought. I wanted to get a better idea of what this 'foe' was but there was barely any mention of it. But I did discover that I was to have protectors, and I would know them by a mark they would have on their hand. 'well at least I'm not in this alone.' I had my fill of looking around, now, so I went outside. The sun hanged in a setting sky, and the whole area was lush and green. The city was beautiful, parts were still being rebuilt but it still was breathtaking.
A beautiful brown horse was whiting for me outside, saddled and everything. Van said to just follow the road and a guard at the gates would take me to the palace. So I did, the ride to the gates was peaceful and enjoyable. (If you looked at me, I looked like someone very important, I sat straight and my royal blue cloak flowed down on my back and sides and the Dragon stood out on my back like a code of arms. My new sward was visible, but the mark on my arm was hidden slightly by the cloak). When I reached the gates I could see two people whiting for me on horse's, I rode up to them. One of them looked like a guard, I very important guard by the quality of his wardrobe. The other looked like someone important, he had long blond hair, and carried a sward. "Good evening, I am Maya." I said to the two, giving them a smile.
"Hello, I am Allen Sazarar a knight of Austria." The one with long hair said.
"And I am Kedo, one of the generals of Fenelia." The other one said.
"It's a plusher to meat you." I said politely.
"If you don't mind Miss. we need to see the mark on your arm before we continue, for security reasons only." Kedo said.
"No, I do not mind Sir." I brushed the cloak of my shoulder, so the mark was visible. I heard allot of muttering around me. That was when I noticed a crowed forming and all pointing at me. Now don't start thing I am blind of something, from not seeing Van earlier and now this, it's just my mind was distracted by the shock of everything.
"Thank you Lady Maya, will you come with use now." Allen said. Being called 'Lady Maya' surprised me.
I nodded, Kedo went a head a couple of paces, and Allen rode back with me. As we rode I saw many people pointing at me and going out of their way to see me. I asked Allen. "Why are all these people so interested in me?"
"They are interested because they know your the Dragon Master by the dragon on your cloak, plus the was you are dressed, they don't see women caring a sward around often, and because the General and I are escorting you." Allen replied
"Well, I wish they wouldn't, and why are you escorting me, I mean I'm honored, but it seams a little extreme just to get to the palace."
"Kedo and I actually volunteered, when we herd who you were, we wanted to see it for ourselves."
"Oh, can you tell me something?"
"What do you want to know?"
"Well, Van did not get married or anything did he? Tell me I did not convince Hitomi to come back to get her hart crushed, did I?" The question was eating me up. Allen smiled.
"No, he is under preacher to take a wife, but hasn't chosen yet."
"Now that's the best news I have herd all day."

~~~~~

Once I got to the palace I asked to be shown to Hitomi, and so I was, she was in a guestroom. I knocked then entered.
"About time you got here." Hitomi said.
"Well sorry, a loss of identity crises came over me, so sew me." I said sarcastically.
"Na, really?"
"Hitomi seriously, I don't like this at all, I need you to promise me something. I need you to promise me if I get taken away or anything like that you won't go out of your way to worry about me, or to find me. I have a large puzzle in front of me and I don't know how it's going to come together. But I have a felling it's not going to be here, I have a feeling something bad is going to happen. Also, stay with Van, you did not come back here for no reason, remember. Just promise me this, and I'll try to be there for the weeding, I here he's available, and deeply in love with you." I said looking her in the eye; she blushed a little at the end.
"I promise, but were is this coming from?"
"It's just a feeling I have."
"I understand." Hitomi said, very aware of how true 'feelings' can be here.
"Come I think 'king Van' is whiting for us in the throne room."

~~~~~

"A dragon awakens and clouds are Ideal future. This is a new power, a power different from before, it must not be with Fenelia. This power is shifting into our favor, get the power before it is beyond our protection! Also this power can not be taken so we must get the holder to be with us, willingly! Falcon don't under estimate this power."
"Yes, Lord Dornkirk." Falcon answered.

~~~~~

"Maya any idea how were suppose to act in here, so were not disrespectful?" Hitomi asked.
"A little, just follow my lead, and address him as Lord Van." I replied.
We reached the doors to the throne room. I waited for the guards to nod us in. "OK here goes nothing. I just can't figure out if we should bow or knell." I said under my breath to her. "I think kneel, what do you think?"
"I'll go with Kneel." she said under her breath. Van was sitting on a throne in a bright room, witch was very large, and the mark of Fanelia was above him on the wall. We got to the end of a carpet that led up to him, And we knelled before the stairs leading to his throne.
"You wanted to see us, Lord Van." I said
"Yes, you may stand." He replied, we stood and I looked him in the eyes. And that was the last thing I saw before a pillar of bright blue light came down on me. "Not again, Hitomi remember what I said! Van take care of her!" I said. I let my body relax thinking only of remaining conches I figured fighting it is what made you go unconches, I closed my eyes.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

Well that was it for this chap. I'm not the best speller, so sorry for the mistakes, because I know there are, I tried to catch them. Have fun reading the rest and please review when done, I love hearing you reviews.