Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Artemis ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Slayer




By, TigerWolf


Part 8- Artemis




When I entered the archway everything went white, Van was right next to me, but Hitomi and Dilandau were nowhere to be seen. "Wonder were they went?" I asked to no one really.
"They'll be fine." Van replied
I could hear something from ahead of us. It sounded like screaming and also deep breathing, like someone giving birth. I looked at Van, I could tell he could hear it to, and we walked towards it. I could see a door ahead. I opened it. A lady with long black hair was giving birth, a man stood by her side, two women were delivering the baby, but there was also one woman standing in the corner of the room watching like a hawk.
"Mother? Father?" Van said, in a rather loud voice.
"That's your Mother and Father?" I asked, he nodded.
A baby was born. One of the women said it's a boy, and handed the little baby to its father. The guy, Van's Father, held the baby and said, "Welcome Prince Van." I looked at Van he looked shocked, then Vans mother let out another yell.
"There's another baby coming." I heard. Not long after another baby was held "It's a girl, you have boy girl twins." Then the woman who was watching steeped forward. She looked different from the rest, like a beautiful untamed worrier.
"Hand the girl to me." The lady did as she was told, "She has the mark, I'm sorry Varie."
"No! You're not taking my baby!" Van's mother yelled.
"You know this has to happen for the baby's and your protection, by now the Plahoy should since the baby's presents. But you can still name her; she knelt down for Vans mother could see the baby.
"I name her Maya Angela Fanel, fallen angel of Fenelia." Van's mother said, then took a blue pendent of her neck and put it around the baby's neck. Then the lady took the baby and a pillar of light rapped them both as they were carried away in it. Everything went white.
"That was me! She's my Mother." I said in shock, "You're my brother."
"I guess so, you just take after our mother, you have her eyes."
"I know who my family is now, but, that explains one thing. When I first came here you said that the right of being the Dragon Master, runs in your family line, well I guess it dose." I said with a small laugh.

~~~~~

Hitomi and Dilandau walked into a white area. "Were are we, were are the others?" Dilandau said
"I don't know, but do you here that?" Hitomi said
"I do, it sounds like fighting." Then they were both standing in the middle of a battlefield. There were flames and blood everywhere; Maya was walking in the middle of it. She knelt down, blood covered her hand, and she was going into shock, "WHY" she yelled, then she whispered, "why" then she yelled, "NOOO." See was off her knees in a second, and running as fast as she should, to someone. It was Hitomi, she had fallen to the ground, someone was going to kill her, he was starting the blow that would mean death, but Maya stopped him, "You Bastard, how dare you!" She yelled at him. The attacker was cloaked in black you could not see his face. They fought, Maya stumbled, it proved to be fatale, a sward entered her chest, her breath was fading, then she looked up and saw the hidden face, and she fell back dead into Hitomis panicking arms. The attacker turned back to Hitomi, when an arrow shot throw him, the attacker fell forward a foot away from Hitomi. This reveled a person cloaked in black and holding a crossbow steady in one extended arm. The person took the hood of the cloak off, it was Maya! Then the body that was in Hitomis arms disappeared. Everything went white

~~~~~

All fore were together now. I stepped forward and a door appeared I opened it. I very large room surrounded us, five women stood in the center of the room forming a circle. One woman stood in the center, which I recognized to be the woman how took me from my mother, Master Kita also stood as one of the women in the circle. The lady in the middle took a pendent from her neck, the one I wore now. They all started an incantation, when they were finished, a blue light shot out from all of them and went to the pendent. "That is all we can do for the chosen one, we take the power away from us, so when the chosen one receives this necklace the power will go to her. The chosen one is the only one how can use this power. The power of--."
A man ran into the room, "The enemy is here, they will be here any moment now." her told them.
"Varie, take the pendent and go!" Kita said to her.
"Yes, but what about you?"
"Just Go! I'll try and make it out alive, but you must GO!"
"Yes Milady." Then Varie was lifted into a pillar of light. Everything went white, once again.
A woman stood in front of us cloaked in gray. "Master Kita." I said. "I thought I would see you soon."
"Yes Maya you were right. Know you should understand things a little better. When you were a baby that was when you were helpless and most easily be destroyed, they would have stooped at nothing to get to you for there own reasons. So you were sent to earth, the eldest and me have looked after you there and thought you in our ways.
"You are the Dragon Master. Dragons represent the life of Gaea, through them Dragons help power the rest of the people and spread the power of Gaea. Now you have control of this power. You shale be known to all as The Dragon Master, Maya Angela de Fanel, Fallen Angel of Fanelia."
"Fanel!" Dilandau said.
"Yes Fanel." Master Kita said. "Maya I have two gifts for you before you go on your way. One is this energist." She pulled out an energist with blue and white swirls. "This is a Draconean energist, but it is also a part of me, the last thing I can give you is my heart to help you. This energist will power Artemis, your second gift, all you have to do is summon it."
"Thank you." I said
"Dilandau, Hitomi, Van. You are the other three dragons and play an important roll in what is to come, you represent the other three directions in witch all fallow. Although Maya may be the most important direction, what she dose will change you three, and her judgments will be based from you three. So far she is the only one with her color and weapon shown, it is time you face your destines. Maya it is time for you to show them their gifts."
"Yes Master Kita." I said, those all too familiar flashes started to race through my head telling me what to do. "Dilandau, step forward." he did so. "You are the Dragon of Fear, the South." I waved my hand over his face, and his cloths changed to a red shirt, black pants and a red cloak. He now held a spear too, but his sward remained at his side. "Color red and the spear. Hitomi, you are the Dragon of Faith, the East, color Green and the staff." Her clothing changed into the same as Dilandaus but Green, and a staff in her hand. "Van, you are the Dragon of Love, the West, color white and the arrow." His cloths changed like the others but white, and his sward remained, but over his back was a bow and arrows.
"You should all just know how to use your weapons, so don't worry Hitomi." I said
"Maya it is time, you should summon Artemis, and then go." Master Kita said to me. I nodded.
"I Maya de Fanel, Dragon Master, Bind Thai by blood pact to Artemis, awake now and come to my call." I said holding the energist up after I slit my finger so blood could roll onto the energist. A blue light shot down in front of me and a large figure was lowered. It was a Guymellef; it had blue armor with silver underneath, and a long blue cape. One it's chest was my mark.
"That's a Guymellef like Escaflowne." Van said. I looked at Dilandau he looked at it in aww. I walked up to it; it was in a kneeling position. I jumped up to it, so that I was standing in front of the large bluish-black Crystal, were I had to but the energist. I looked back at my master, then at the crystal. With my right hand I put the energist in. It started to turn a royal blue. I could fell Artemis's life. I looked back to see the forest around us, and we were on the other side of the archway. I jumped down and went to the others.
"Van, Hitomi, you need to go. My place is with Zaibach, that is how my destiny will unfold, and yours is with Fenelia. Zaibach will be looking for Dilandau soon, so you must go, next time we meat it will be as enemies." I said looking at Van.
"Maya, Sister!" I cut Van off.
"No, I am not going, my place is with Zaibach. Hitomi please go."
"Maya, were in this together, what is getting into you?" Hitomi said
"We will be together again when we must protect Gaea, but for now I must be with Zaibach. For certain reasons, in with I can't explain."
"I'm not loosing another family member to Zaibach." Van yelled.
"You're not loosing me, there may be a time, if you would let me, I will be by your side, But I have my reasons for needing to stay!"
"Maya, if you do this you're ---" Hitomi said, I cut her off.
"I'm what, A trader, I know that all to well, maybe one day you will understand, but I know it is not this day. Both of you are leaving now! Forgive me, I hope." I said, then my pendent went bright and Van and Hitomi were lifted away in a pillar of light. "All right Dilandau, we better get back to Zaibach, before they come looking for you."
"Your right, do you even know how to pilot a Guymellef?" he asked
"I think so, I have a felling it just one of those things I just seam to know. I saw the others take your Guymellef back so I'll carry you." Dilandau nodded, but I could see him doubting my ability to be able to pilot Artemis.
I went over to Artemis and put my hand over the energist, it worked it opened. I got in, I was right; somehow I just knew what to do. I closed Artemis. And stood Artemis up and moved the hands and took two steps. This was weird it was like a whole book on how to use this thing was racing through my head. "OK, Dilandau, get on." I said offering out Artemis's hand. "Why don't you get on the shoulder." He nodded and stood on the shoulder, and found something to hold on to. I walked to a cliff that was a sheer drop of about 100 feet. "Hold on Dilandau."
"What are you going to do?"
"You'll see." this was going to scare the crap out of him. With that I jumped, Dilandau yelled. Artemis turned into a Dragon, a blue dragon with the same bluish sliver color as my sward with dark blue wings. The energist was shown one the center of the chest, on the head of the dragon there was a cockpit. I found myself there, with controls in front of me, and Dilandau was sitting in a set behind me. All around us, besides beneath us, was something like glass, you could see through it, but it was allot stronger. So you had full vision, but were shielded from the wind and weather. You could hear the outside noises to, but not the wind rushing by. "OK then, I guess Artemis is a dragon, so witch way to the Fortress?"
Dilandau pulled something out of his shirt, it was a tracer, "It's over there to the right."
"OK, lets give them a little bit of a scare, Lets go invisible." I said and so we did, Artemis was filled with tones of little toys. "Just when we get close enough will call in and uncloak, no use to let them think were Escaflowne."
"Your right, I've rather not be stuck in this thing is they attack us."
"Whatever." I started to mess around with Artemis, like a person with a new car or something, trying to see what it can do, and not do.
"It should be right in front of us." He pressed a button on the tracer, "This is Dilandau, unlock the hanger doors, Maya and I will be there momentarily." He said, I uncloaked.
"Sir, I don't see you anywhere."
"Look North you Idiot! Were the Dragon!"
"Yes Sir." I laughed
When we entered the hanger and I turned Artemis back, Dilandau was on the shoulder again, he quickly jumped down. I noticed all the Dragon Slayers were present and staring at Artemis in disbelief. But what through me was to see Falcon there. I was directed to a place to rest my Guymellef by Gatti and Chasta. I opened Artemis and jumped out (it closed by its self). When I reached the ground, Gatti and Chasta drew their swards, and escorted me to Falcon, I could not help but laugh and smile. "What do you think is so funny?" Dilandau asked
"The fact that Gatti and Chasta have their swards drown thinking that it would make a difference." He smiled and drew his sward so that it would be against my neck, if I did not draw by sward and block him with great strength then disarming Gatti and Chasta, before Dilandau was attacking me, then we locked sward to sward.
"Dilandau! Maya! That's enough!" Falcon said loudly. We did not lessen just looked at him and went back to fighting. "I said, That's enough!" Falcon yelled coldly we backed away from each other. "Now both of you come with me." We followed him to his study.
After we both told him our version of events. (Dilandau saying me as a trader) Falcon passed a little. He stopped and spook, "Maya I do not believe you a trader, you just wanted to find who you were, and defend yourself when Dilandau told you what identity you had he was going to take. Dilandau you should not be so quick to judge"
"Falcon I tell you I don't trust her." Dilandau yelled.
"And I tell you I do." Falcon said calmly, "Your dismiss, Maya stay here please." Dilandau left the room, "Child." I said under my breath.
"It seams you change your colors every day now, sister, is there any other colors you would like to revile now?" Falcon said
"No the suprized makes it so much more fun, this way people can't see exactly who I am."
"I see, but it's not always wise to keep yourself a stranger."
"It is wise to the person who chooses to remain hidden. Is there anything I can do for you."
"Yes, Why do you stay with Zaibach?"
"Fore reasons, one, because I pledge to serve Zaibach. Two, The Dragon of Fear is hear. Three, The elders and my master told me my place was here, and fore, because I like it here."
"Very Well. You may go."
"Thank you, sir." I left.

~~~~~

The day went by fast; Dilandau and me were not getting along at all. All I wanted to do was put distance between us. I was on my bed doing work, updating files, learning about Zaibach. I had papers and books scattered around me, and I was lying is the middle reading Zaibach protocols. I heard the door open and how would it be Dilandau.
"Did you ever learn how to use a desk? You do have one you know." He said looking at all the papers. I did not answer, I was sick of reading. I shut the book, and picked up all the papers and put them in the right file then set them on my desk, yes true is was a mess but it was my organized mess, it took me less the a minuet to this. I grabbed my sward and left the room. I did not want to work; I did not want to be in the same room as him. Why, because he called me a trader and threatens my life, stupidly, but also because as much as I hated him something still liked him, I don't know why but I did. Actually I knew why, I just wasn't going to admit it. All I knew was pretty soon this felling was going to win out over all this anger. I kept walking the hallways, wondering what I was going to do; I swear the need a rec. room or something. I ended up going to the empty training room. I messed around a long time doing all sorts of stuff. I ended up practicing some marshal arts blind folded. I was doing a bush of spin kicks, got dizzy, and fell on my butt. I lay down and started to laugh slightly at myself. I herd footsteps.
"Whose there." then someone jumped on top of me, straddling me, I tore the blindfold off quickly, then stooped any struggle I started to give. "What do you want Dilandau?" I said relaxing back on to the floor.
"What no struggle today?" He said
"Nope, why bother, what do you want?"
"Nothing, just came to bother you. It's fun."
"Glad to hear, but you're not bothering me, and you're not going to. So I guess you can just go find someone else." I said, it was true, he wasn't bothering me, I was to relax to let him. I gave him a small punch so he would get off, but he just pushed me bake and put his hands on my elbows, so basically I was pinned. Then he leaned down, and he kissed me, his lip meat mine, and my body tingled. I was shocked; I did not fight it I acutely kissed him back, that's what shocked me more. I could fell my heartbeat go faster and my stomach knot up like I had been weighting an eternity for this moment. He took his right hand off my elbow and placed it on the side of my face. That touch felt electrifying.
Then a load crash was heard and the inter place shock. Dilandau pulled away and stood up cursing, he helped me up. "I wonder what hit us or exploded." I said there was another loud crash and shake.
"I don't know, but we need to find out, I wonder why theirs no alarm?" He said and then we both raced out of the room.


~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~
< br> What's to come? You'll see. Thanks to all those who take the time to review, and thank you Phantom Angel, you've been so nice!