Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Master ❯ Endings ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dragon Master




By, TigerWolf


Part 15- Endings





I was walking outside my apartment in Japan. The sun was rising slowly over the mountains in the east, and the morning dew still coated everything with a soft mist. The air smelled crisp and clean and the birds chirped their wonderful songs. I could not help but think how luckily I was; I used to be so lost in who I was not knowing the place of witch I came. And then one day through the love of a friend I was taken from this place to live out a destiny, and discover where I belong. If fate would have it that way. Fate that's an interesting word, the power supposed to determine the outcome of event before they occur. But it also means so much more, entire belief structures can be built of it. Personally I believe in fate, I believe the major key stone events in your life have already been made out for you, but how you get there is up to your own choices. My fate ended up taking me to Gaea, to become the Dragon Master and the Dragon Justice, and to tame the heart of a general. Dilandau, it's funny how things work out, the girl that he could not understand ended up changing him forever. It's jest funny.
"You're up early." A soft voice whispered in my ear, as two strong arms came around my waste and a soft kiss was placed one my neck.
"Could not sleep to many thoughts were in my head. So did you sleep well Dilandau?"
"Yes, this is such an interesting world you have here. As a kid and even now I stared up at the Mystic Moon wondering what it was like. The curiosity was eating away at me. And now I know, all thanks to you." He said whale turning me to face him.
"Yeah, all thanks to me, you mean thanks to your stubbornness. Your the one who refused to let me out of your sight once I came back from the dead, to you, two weeks ago."
"Well you did not expect me to just watch you go after you left me before."
"Well, yes acutely. You knew I would come back, you knew I was just coming hear because this is were I can regain my energy. On Gaea I just would have become unstable again. I swear people can be so lucky, not having to keep then body and mind together, it just works out for you guys. But no, when I became Justice, I have to learn to control the balance of being a human or an immortal. You people are just lucky."
"And were lucky to have you, after all you did save us all." Then Dilandau leaned in to kiss me. Within his arms, and the touch of his lips, made me forget about everything else that seamed to trouble my soul. After pulling away from the wonderful kiss. We just stud there and hugged each other, enjoying each other's presence. "So you ready to go back?" Dilandau asked.
"Yes. I'm ready. After all we do have obligations there as two of the fore Generals of Fanelia." I said, "But here." Two swards appeared in our hands, and our cloths we wore changed back into Gaeaen cloths. Both of us wore black pants and boats, he wore a red shirt and red armor, and wore a blue shirt and armor.
"I swear I am never going to get use to that." Dilandau said.
"Trust me, you will. I mean its not every day I can control the balance of things, and now that I can, I'll use it responsibly, don't worry, but I also like to use it some. So ready to go."
"Yes, let's go home." With that I caused us to dissipate to Gaea, not through a pillar of light, that was a different power. My power was different. My power was based of the elements around me and the feelings I hold.
~~~~~
I walked out to the gardens to think. My life has changed so much since I came here. Now I was one of the Generals of Fanelia, the head General, and also the crowned princess. I looked down upon a chine that hung around my neck with the symbol of Fanelia. I tried to deny this, but Van insisted that I was to be crowned and it to be know that I was his sister. I sighed. Then I was all so to be wed next month. I could not help but smile when I remember when Dilandau proposed to me. It was the night after Hitomi and Vans weeding. He took me to the lake at with at one time my barrel ground. I could tell he was more nerves then anything. I bet to him this was more difficult then fighting a whole army single handed, because at least at that he knew what to do. When he asked, there was no saying no, I loved him too much, after all that love kept me from drifting and dyeing completely.
What happened to me in the two months after the battle, no one knew because I have told no one. Only because, it was secret to me, because I did really die that day, and the journey in witch I went through to bring my life back, was to hard to even talk about. And also, I know things now that no one should know. I also have great power now in witch I must use wisely and only for judgment in a time of need. I am not Gaea's problem solver; they need to solve them for them selves. I just keep the balance. And is I told people about those months I would disturb that balance.
I could hear two people sparing with swards and a crowed around them of in the distance. Once I got closer. I realized it was the Dragon Slayers, I mean Knights, and Dilandau was sparing against Gatti and Megul. They were sorely loosing to him. I pushed my way to the front, by either pushing the person away forcefully or kicking them in the shin. Dilandau just unarmed them both. The Knights started to clap. "Hey, Dilandau, why don't you pick on someone with your own skill." I said to him, while interring the sparring area surround by soldiers. I had not fought Dilandau since the forest, and no one here has seen me fight, unless I saved there ass during the battle. They all knew I could fight, but no one thought me as at the same skill as Dilandau, they thought of me as Justice. The crowed kind-of muffled a laugh at me, thinking I would get my ass beat.
"Maya how nice of you join us. If I want to fight with someone of my own skill I would have five of these Knights attack me." Dilandau said mockingly. This was still the Dilandau I loved. Don't get me wrong we might love each other and are engaged, but that doesn't stop us from sowing the same aditude we did on the Vione, are fighting and arguing is what made our love so strong, and interesting to others.
"Oh, Dilandau, I see you're still arrogant and afraid to take on a girl." I replied with the same tone of voice.
"Me, afraid, No. I guest don't want to hurt that beautiful body of yours."
"Well it is my body to put in danger. Come on, lets fight, we still need to see who's better, and fight in the forest did not really have a winner. So let's fight unless you scared that I might bet you."
"I accept, let's fight." All the Knights widened the circle. And prepared them selves to watch a short easy fight.
I drew my sward, and Dilandau and I started to play a little dance. We circled each other, then he attacked. I blocked and expecting that he wanted me to this exact thing I flipped to avoid his counter move. Then I attacked him to the side he blocked and I side kicked him in the gut like I planned, he left it wide open. Dilandau stumble back a step and I came at him again. Then he blocked more aggressively, and his moves quickened. This continued for about five minuets, the dance had begun. We would back his way then mine. Dogging each other's swards and counter attacking as planned. "Come on Dilandau I know your better this." I whispered in his ear as we had our sward lucked. He then Kicked we in the gut, making me stumble back. To prevent from falling on my butt, the worse place to be, I arched back and back flipped just right so I could kick him in the jaw. I looked at him and he tasted the blood on his lip. Then he came at me. His blows more powerful. Are bodies were sweating and our eyes might for a moment. He was so sexy to me right now, but I pushed the thought from my mind. I need to bet him, I had to. With that, my every move became more farce and quick.
Our sward locked again and this time he whispered something in my ear, "I see your holding back also, you really are beautiful when you fight, it's going to be so much fun when I win."
"You wish." Then I used my wonderful balance and flexibility to, take my left foot and round rouse kicked him in the face, the momentum made our swards unlock him to almost fall to the ground and me to spin fully. I was hoping I would catch his wrist to knock his sward out also but I guess he expected that and moved his hand. The fight continued for another ten minuets or so. He had managed to almost brake my ribs from a kick and give me a gut on my arm. All the Knights watched forcefully, the fight turned out to be fare, and not a quick and easy fight. I could also nodist some others joined the circle. But I did not take to much noddice to this.
I just blocked a counter blow from Dilandau and then I saw it. I spoon to my right and stopped. "Dead." I said loud and clear. My sowed was pointing right at his chest less then two centimeters away. I smiled, and stayed there for a few moments to declare that I had won. And backed away a few steps. The look on Dilandaus face was priceless. He stood is shock and anger. He put his sward away and so did I. The crowed was clapping. There was allot more people there then I thought. Some of the royal guard had come over to watch and people that were just walking by. I smiled.
~~~~~
Diner had just finished and I hadn't seen Dilandau since the fight. I was hoping he wasn't mad at me or anything like that. If he was then that was pretty childish of him. But still I can see how it could look bad because I bet him. Oh well, he has to deal I don't hold the same standards of every other person here, and I believe I am just as strong as any guy is. I found myself walking out to the gardens. I found myself out hear allot lately. It seamed the only place ware things were calm. Every day I had to go to the Advisory meetings with Van and the others. I found that funny, normally women were not allowed it there, but because it was me and I WAS the head general, a was ALLOWED to go. I thought that funny 'allowed' to go; they were lucky to have me in that dame room. I was growing to hate those meetings with every day, half of it was just non-sense. Then after the everyday meetings I went to train the solders or went of somewhere to settle an augment around the country. Then there were my duties of being a princess. I had already had to go to a few other countries and convince them to be our allies and help become pant of what was to make peace on Gaea. I of course got sent to the countries that were most reluctant. I seamed to convince them better then anyone else could, mostly because I was the Dragon Justice. Just my average day, I loved doing it though. To know I was helping others and that just made me happy. But it still did not change the fact that I always ended up in these gardens. And I also had my own little spot I all was went to. It was on the far side next to the forest line and some sunflowers and a bright blue colored rose bush. I all wase managed to get there and sit against an old tree of some kind.
"I thought you would be here." I looked up from my thoughts.
"Hi Van, is there any thing you need." I asked
"No, Just wanted to talk to you." He sat down besides me.
"So what do you want to talk about?"
"I heard about your sparing earlier today, acutely I saw most of it from the castle. You did not get hurt did you?" He asked
I heisted on answering. "Well, define hurt. The Doc-, I mean Healer said I had a few bruised ribs and the cut on my arm would hell. But I could have told him that. But that doesn't really bother me, I don't mind pain. I just wish I could find Dilandau, I hope he's not made at me."
"Maya," He got a protective look on his face, I new Van would not be happy about this, he's been trying to make me act more like a princess lately. "You know you can't go getting yourself hurt like this all the time. You're a General I know that, but you're a Princess too. It doesn't look good if the Princess is walking around all bruised up. I know, I know. You like to fight, you like to be adventures," He added, looking at the look on my face. "And dangers, it's who you are. But please don't make it a habit, you are the only family I got and I don't like seeing you hurt."
"I now, I now. But I just had to. It's how Dilandau and I work, and also we never had a real ending to our fight in the forest because we both became too tired at the same time. And also all this god dame sexism is driving me crazy. I gust had to fight him even if I did lose, I gust wanted to fight and prove I can."
"I know and I am sheer Dilandau understands, he went off to the next city on some important matters, he should be back very soon. You two sheer are an interesting pair. But it is weird how much he has changed, for the good, I would never dream of having my sister be married of to him before, even tough, I had only know about having a sister for a short period of time." He said and sighed.
"Well, you do." I said
"Well, I promised Hitomi I would met her in a little bit." Van said standing up. "I hope you heal up, see you in the morning."
"Bye." It so weird how once he doesn't have to act like a king, he doesn't he just turns into a great friend. I sighed, then regretted it. As mush as I put on that my ribs did not hurt they hurt allot. Breathing, adomitale movements caused a lot of pain. But I just dealt with it. I lifted up the end of the shirt I was warring and looked at my black and blue sides. The healer put a bandage over my inter stomach, to help with the pain. I sat up straight and slowly uncoiled the bandage. Once it was gone I could feel the difference in pain, it tripled. I looked at the bruises thinking it was well worth it.
"Women are just so fragile." A familiar voice came from the side of me.
"Well not this one." I said looking up and Dilandau.
"Yeah you are, look at you. You're all black and blue." He said coming to me and kneeling decides me. I pushed one his stomach and watch him cringe with pain,
"If I'm weak then so are you. I bet your stomach doesn't look to good either, or the side of your face." I said looking at a bruise on his lower jaw and a cut beneath his eye." I began to replace the bandage so it was tighter then before. Once done I leaned against him, carefully, on the side of the tree." He put his arms around me, and rested his chin on top of my head. Everything was right between us.
"You know I love you right, and I'm sorry about your stomach area." Dilandau said, kind of guilty.
"Of course I know that, and I love you to. And it's OK, its what you get when you choice to spar you. And it's not like I did not give any back. Forgive me?"
"Of course, how can I not, I would kiss you but it would hurt to much to lean over you." He said slyly.
"It would hurt to much. Dilandau I would never see you as one not to do something because it would hurt." I said mockingly
"Well, It would hurt, and I am." He said
"Then I would have to turn around to kiss you, since I am obviously not afraid of a little pain." I turned around, to meet his eyes. A few pieces of his silver hair were covering them. I pushed them a side. And felt Dilandau move into a kiss. Our lips meat, and again it felt as everything was left up from us. I was pure love
~~~~~
As life might turn curl or just seamed to be flipped upside down. Life seams to keep going. The felling of not knowing what to do next hunts your every next step, but you have to believe that Fate will bring you to something. I discovered where I belonged, just like every other person will in the end. My fate brought me to Gaea, to lead a destiny I would have never imagined, and to fall in love. This could happen to anyone never rule out the impossible, for the impossible can always happen.





~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~ <>~
Thanks everyone for reading my story. I will after a while write a sequel or something like that. Thanks for all your reviews and your comments and I gladly will except more. I hope you liked it. And thanks Phantom Angel; you've been such a great friend through it all.
Disclaimer- I do not own The Vision of Escaflowne
There I said it for you all, I kind of hate disclaimers, I find them annoying, and it doesn't fit right with me and that's a long discussion I don't want to type. So have a good day, :)
-TigerWolf
REVIEW IF YOU HAVE NOT PLEASE
If you are reading this at animeshack.com look at my web site for a edited vershion of this story and the newest updates on the sequel to come and other storys I have writen at- http://www.geocities.com/tigerwolf_25/Escaflowne.html?996633887970
Than k you.