Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Enter the Dragonslyers ❯ Death, Birth, Gain, Loss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

A woman screamed with pain. Her silky white hair was plastered to her face; her pinkish red eyes were on the verge of shutting. She wouldn't rest. She needed this child to live.

"One more push. Milady please you must try!" Said the healer.

She gave it her last push. All of her power went into that last push. She fell to the bed.

"It's a boy." Said the healer. He held the wildly screaming baby in his arms. The baby stopped crying then fell limp in the man's hands.

The woman screamed and almost got up but she was held down by some maids until she fainted.

The child had died.

The healer told the parents that his lungs exploded when he was screaming. The woman was in a fit of tears. Her first born died.

"I suggest you don't try to carry a child again. To keep this from happening again.

*two years later*

The same episode with the child again. The woman was screaming in pain. But her mother called it joyous pain. That's a big oxymoron. She fought even harder to keep holding on to the child's soul. She wanted a child to hold. The past two years had been hell to her with wanting a child in her arms and waking up in the middle of the night to ghostly screams.

The healer wasn't the happiest with her for going against his wishes. But it was his job to deliver the child. Refusing meant death. That wasn't in just Zaibach but all over Gaea. Any healer refusing to give life would be put to death.

Finally the child came free. The healer half expected it to die. But minuets passed and it continued to scream. He covered it with a blanket. He smiled at it.

"It's a boy. A healthy one. He will live. He is a lucky one."

"He will need a name." said the father looking at his wife.

"Dilandau. It came to me in a dream last night."

"The spirit of the great white fire dragon. It fits him well with the fact he is albino."

"Is that so? I didn't know it was heredity." She said with the child in her arms.

*a year later in Asturia*

"Her name will be Celena Shezar." Said Leon Shezar holding his new child up. "Encia, she is as beautiful as you." He continued on how beautiful she was.

"Husband, why did you choose to name her after the Unicorn goddess?" Encia asked.

"She resembles one." He replied.

Encia was out of bed trying to at least get her child from her husband. Allen, the girl's older brother was sitting on a chair. There would be much talk about the beautiful child that had come on the eighth moon in Red. Allen wasn't too thrilled about his new sister. But a part of him just loved her to pieces. He decided to go to his room and play.

"Allen come here. Since your father wont let me hold my own daughter then I'll hold you." She said holding out her arms.

Allen got a happy look on his face, he ran to his mother.

*one year later

Sebastian watched as his wife walked in the manor. She had started a garden. Though they lived away from the city of Zaibach they were still in the country.

"Chandra, you know you shouldn't be out there so long in the sun." He said to his wife. "See you have burned on your arms and back I even see a blister."

"It is ok." She said.

Her second born son, Dilandau was sitting at a table. Only a year and a half old. Chandra smiled at her son, he was examining the cookies at the table.

"Oh `Bastian, you forgot to tell him that it is ok to have a cookie didn't you?" She said walking over to the table. She sat next to her son and told him it was alright to have a cookie.

Dilandau attacked the plate of cookies and snatched one off the plate. His mother smiled.

"I forget that he doesn't do something unless you tell him to. He would be a remarkable soldier, but we need to get past the whole interest with f-i-r-e." Sebastian said.

"He is not going into war." She said "and he doesn't have a problem with fir-." She cut herself off when her son dropped his cookie and ran toward the stove, but Sebastian caught him. Sebastian received a cut for that.

"Dilandau!" Chandra yelled. She ran over to her husband and took Dilandau from him. She cradled the child in her hands, he was thrashing around. "Well that proves we shouldn't stop him from doing something." She said

"It's his name. That boy is a monster." Sebastian said jokingly.

"Hush you. And he is not a monster. Are you?" She asked Dilandau then hitting Sebastian in the arm and taking her child to his room.

Sebastian grabbed her hand. "You're about half right." He said smiling.

Asturia

"GATTI!!!" a woman screamed for her newborn. A raider* carried the screaming child away.

"My dear son. Please my lord bring him back to me." A sword crashed down on her neck cutting away her head.

Zaibach (a year and a half later)

The three year old Dilandau looked at his cousins, Lilly and Marinal Monroe. They were chasing each other around the manor. They ran outside. Dilandau jumped from his seat and ran over to his father.

"Sebastian?"

"Call me father." He wasn't paying much attention. Sebastian was looking at some papers.

"Can I go outside?" Dilandau asked.

"Of course." He said

"Tank you Sebastian"

"Father." He rolled his eyes at his son.

*fifteen minuets later

Two girls, four years of age came in crying. "Uncle Sebastian, we were playing with Dilandau outside and…and… we don't know where he is now!!" the two girls burst into tears. Just then Chandra who had rushed to the girl's crying was out the door and screaming for her son.