Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Escaflowne Performs MACBETH ❯ Setting the Stage ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Tenkuu no Escaflowne or Macbeth. So, Bandai, don't sue me. Ghost of Macbeth, don't haunt me.

Author's Note: I -hope- this is funny, but I have no clue if it actually is at all. This is my first Escaflowne fiction, so please don't flame -too- hard. Constructive criticism is very much welcome. Oh, and I don't know much at all about Princess Eires, having never gotten the chance to actually see the Escaflowne series (a matter which I hope to soon rectify). So, if I get her wrong, I'm very, very, very sorry. Please let me know, and I'll try to set her straight in the next chapters, er, acts. And practically everyone gets at least a little bashed in this. It -is- a parody, after all. Sort of. Onward!!

SETTING THE STAGE

**A young girl with short brown hair and green eyes enters the room. She is NOT Hitomi. With a wicked smile, she snaps her fingers and a beam of light shoots down, depositing Hitomi Kanzaki, Dilandau Albatou, Van Fanel, Merle, Princess Eires, Allen Schezar, Princess Millerna, Folken Strategos, Prince Chid, Gaddess, Chesta, Dalet, Gatti, Migel, and Guimel. The girl speaks up first to the confused group**

Feye (for it is indeed your authoress): OK people! Places please!

Dilandau: Nani? Who the heck are you?

Feye: I am the authoress. Hear and obey, miserable peons.

Dilandau: ...

Van: Why are we here? Where are we? This looks like a stage. I though we were supposed to be doing Escaflowne!

Feye: Fox Kids killed your show in the USA. You're now doing MACBETH.

Allen. Oh. I hated the English dubbing anyways.

Dilandau *fuming*: yeah! I sounded like a six-year-old bratty kid!

Van: And...

**Dilandau twitches. Allen chokes, trying not to laugh. Feye senses a Dilly flamethrower rage.

Feye: Umm...OK PEOPLE! Listen up!

**The Esca cast listens**

Feye: Have any of you read MACBETH? Hitomi? You're from Earth...

**Blank stares**

Feye: Oh. Wonderful.

**Feye hands them each a script**

Feye: Read.

**Time passes. An uncomfortable silence reigns when they all finish reading. Millerna has a slightly disgusted look on her face. Allen looks confused, as usual. Dilandau is avidly rereading his favourite parts**

Allen: Hmm. They weren't very chivalrous.

Van: How very weird.

Dilandau: I LIKED IT!!

**Everyone looks at the albino**

Van: You -would- you bloodthirsty pyro.

Dilandau: Too bad there wasn't more FIRE. Oooo. Moero...

Feye: Ok. I am -confiscating- your flamethrower.

Dilandau: NOOOOOOOO!! **Dilandau twitches. His Dragonslayers come up behind him. It looks to get ugly**

Gaddess: How about Dilandau keeps his flamethrower, but promises -not- to use it?

Dilandau (a little too quickly): OK!

Feye: >_<

Van: So what were you saying about parts?

Feye: Right. Now we have to assign roles.

Hitomi: But there weren't many women in MACBETH.

Feye: I worked it all out. Speaking of you, Hitomi, you're the Witches.

Hitomi: WHAT?!?!

Feye: You and your tarot cards can predict the future. You're perfect.

**Hitomi sputters**

Dilandau: HA HA! LOSER! *Doubles over laughing*

Feye: And you, Dilandau, are Macduff.

**Dilandau chokes and goes into a coughing fit**

Van: NANI?!?!? How is -Dilandau- Macduff?

Feye: I'm saving the best reason for last. (AN See is you can guess what it is. But don't put it in your review, because it would spoil it for other people. E-mail me if you think you know what it is. It's not that hard to figure out.)

Allen: Wait! Wait! What about those 'tragic flaws' you talked about? Macduff's tragic flaw is -loyalty-. How is psycho pyro boy over there loyal to -anyone-?

Feye: He is very loyal to Dornkirk, who, fittingly, is playing King Duncan.

Merle: Oh -this- I -have- to see.

Folken: Lord Dornkirk cannot leave his life-sustaining machine. How can he act?

Feye: Um... videoscreen?

Van: Now wait. If -Dornkirk- is Duncan, who are his sons, Malcom and Donalbain?

**Feye smiles wickedly**

Feye: Folken is Malcom. You, Van-sama, are Donalbain.

Van *whiney voice*: But he has such a small part! **Van looks ready to cry**

Dilandau: Bird-boy's ego emerges at last.

Van: Shut up Dilandau! You're one to talk!

Feye: No fighting! There will be more than enough time for that later!

**Feye glares the cast into silence**

Feye: All right! Let's go through the rest quickly. Merls, you're the gentlewoman. Prince Chid, you're Fleance. Chesta's Lennox, Gatti's Caithness, Dalet is Ross, Migel is Menteith, Guimel is Angus, and the Zaibach Army is Malcom's army at the end of the play.

Gaddess: if Chid is Feance, is Allen Banquo?

Feye: I thought about it, but no. Actually, -you- are Banquo.

Gaddess: But I'm a soldier. I'm not diplomatic.

Feye: Banquo was a soldier too. And you can be fair.

Dilandau: Um, hold a minute. I'm Macduff, right? So, exactly -who- is -Lady- Macduff?!?

**Dilandau looks very nervous**

Feye: Princess Eires.

**The said princess looks ready to kill...Dilandau mainly. Dilandau has turned a sickly shade of green.

Dilandau :OH MY GAWD I'M GONNA DIE!

Feye: Awwww...is Dilly-kins afwaid of a poow wittle Pwincess??

Dilandau: Shut up.

Eires: I am -not- being that monster's wife. **Eires twitches**

Feye: Calm down! *gulps nervously* You two are never in the same scene together, ok!

**Dilandau and Eires are eyeing each other, about to tear out each other's throats.

Feye: OK?!?

**Dilly reaches for his flamethrower**

Feye: Lady Macduff dies anyways! You won't have to suffer more than one short scene!!

Eires and Dilly (with gritted teeth): Fine.

Millerna (indignantly): Hey! You left me out!

Feye: Actually, I was saving the main parts for last. You are Lady Macduff.

**Millerna squeals with joy**

Millerna: Yaaaayyyyy! I get to beat up people!!!

Folken: But, Princess, you kill yourself in the end.

Millerna: So? I get to be a Queen!

Folken: Oooookaaaayyy...And who is the very lucky Macbeth? *cringes*

Feye: Presenting *dramatic drumroll* ALLEN SCHEZAR!!!

**All eyes zoom in on Allen, who is combing his long blonde hair and testing cologne...or is that perfume...?

Feye: Umm...Allen? Yoo-hooo!

Allen: Huh?

Feye: You and Princess Millerna are the Macbeths!

**Allen sends a panicked glance over at Millerna, who is puckering her lips and batting her eyelashes**

Allen: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! **Allen turns blue from lack of oxygen**

Feye (patience exhausted): You're taking the part, or I'm assigning you to play a girl!

Allen *pale*: But-but you -can't-!

Feye: Shakespeare had to use men to play female parts.

Allen: OK I'LL TAKE THE PART!

Feye: *wicked smile*: Good.

Millerna: Oooooh Aaaaaaallen! **Millerna hurtles herself at the terrified knight, batting her eyelashes. Allen dodges to the side, sending Millerna crashing to the floor**

Millerna: *SOB* I BROKE A NAIL!!!!!!

Hitomi: Oh stuff it.

**Millerna bites her thumb at Hitomi. (AN: That's an old Shakespearean insult) Hitomi begins to develop a red aura. Feye senses a catfight**

Merle: Hey!! 'Catfight'?!? I resent that! **Merle's tail bristles**

Feye: Sorry Merle. Hitomi, Millerna, -cool it-.

Hitomi and Millerna: Hrmph.

Feye: Ok everyone! Go get your costumes on!

Allen: Costumes?

**Feye gives him her Oh-my-god-I-can't-believe-you-just-said-that look.

Feye: *patronizingly*: Yes, Allen. Macbeth doesn't wear frilly shirts with puffy sleeves.

Allen: How would -you- know?

**Feye's patience has once again run dry**

Feye [flaming background]: JUST PUT THE STUPID COSTUME ON!!! **Feye's eyes turn red**

Allen *squeaky voice*: Okay! **Allen scurries off**

Dilandau: Cool.

Feye *looking dangerously evil and malignant*: Anyone -else- care to complain?

Esca cast: NO! **They run off into the costumes room**

Feye *rubbing her temples*: I'm leaving to get some tylenol. When I come back, the Cast of Escaflowne will preform the first Act of Macbeth! If they don't kill themselves first, that is...And don't forget to review!!!! Really! I live on reviews! I accept anyonymous ones, so all you hafta do is hit that little button on the bottom of your screen!!

**Feye exits for tylenol**