Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Escaflowne Survivor ❯ Over Dangerous waters ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Escaflowne Survivor

Part 3: Over dangerous waters

"I feel sick," whined Allen, leaning over the rail. It was true; his face now took the color of an unripened tomato.

"I just love the fresh sea air," breathed Merle facing into the wind, still holding her catnip mouse between her teeth.

"I'm confused… so we are in a boat, crossing a cat. And there is an ocean on board? Shouldn't we be sailing on Merle?" Millerna asked, nearly going cross-eyed from her reasoning.

"Meow?" questioned Merle.

"Forget it, Millerna," Van commented, quite annoyed.

They were all on the deck of a cruise ship, except for Dilandau who was still in his straightjacket in the cabin. Hitomi looked up from where she was sunbathing. "You guys should try to have some fun. We're on a cruise boat… at least try to relax," Hitomi closed her eyes again.

"I don't like just waiting here. We should be forming some sort of strategy. And I don't like not knowing who else is going to be there, for all we know we could be doing some sort of concert there instead of survivor," Van said with a dour look on his face.

"There wouldn't be any use for a strategy if we were doing a concert, would there? You might as well listen to the little lady, and try to relax," Dryden sleepily stated.

Folken put on his new cloak. "At least Dilandau is in the cabin where he can't get into any trouble," he stated.

"Yeah, poor guy. He really didn't want to ride on this boat," Hitomi sighed. "I think I'll bring him a treat. I'm sure they have something flambé."

"No!" Everyone else said together. "At least bring 'Millerna the firefighter' down with you," Folken said.

"Okay!" cheerfully Millerna said. She then grabbed his cloak and proceeded to follow Hitomi.

"Hey! That cloak is new! You cannot use this one! Come back here, you stupid excuse for a princess!" Folken shouted at her. Noticing no response, he chased her and grabbed his cloak back.

"Then how am I supposed to put out the fire?" Millerna asked.

"I don't know, but you can't use my cloak! These things are expensive!" Folken said.

A little *coughdimcough* light appeared over Millerna's head. "I have an idea," she said. Suddenly Millerna grabbed Merle by the tail and pulled her.

"What's the big idea?!" Merle hissed. "LET GO OF MY TAIL!" Merle began to struggle, but Millerna's grip was stronger.

"What are you doing, Millerna?" Hitomi giggled.

"Since Merle is an ocean, I thought I'd bring her to put out the fire," Millerna cheerfully stated, proud of her newest idea.

They all sweat-dropped. "Okay… whatever… Come on Millerna, let's get Dilandau a treat!" Hitomi skipped off, trying to ignore Millerna's stupidity.

They found their way to the dining area. "What can I help you with, miss?" The man behind the counter asked.

"Do you have anything flambé?" Hitomi asked.

"I'm afraid not. Allowing fire on here like that is a liability. Is there anything else I can help you with?" He asked.

"What do you mean it's a liability? We're on the ocean… it's wouldn't be that hard to put out a fire!" Hitomi began to lose her patience.

"Actually we're on a cat! This is an ocean!" Millerna said, pointing to Merle.

The man gave Millerna a look that was a cross between disgust and confusion. "I'm sorry ma'am, we have nothing flambé."

Hitomi had one last trick up her sleeve. She whispered her plan to Millerna, who nodded in agreement. "Oh!" Millerna pretended to fall.

Merle knew this freedom that she finally had from Millerna's grip would be short lived. But she couldn't bring herself to run away, curiosity had her and she wanted to know what Millerna was doing.

"I think I may have hurt my leg, will you take a look at it?" Millerna asked the man, pulling up her dress a little.

"Ma'am, please refrain from doing that. I'll go get a medic," the man then went to his phone, but was stopped by Hitomi slapping him.

The man's face turned red with anger. "Miss, please remove yourself from the dining area, or I will be forced to call the captain," he said between gritted teeth.

Hitomi sighed. Slumping down with defeat, she quietly said, "I guess I'll just have hot and spicy Buffalo wings."

"To go," the man added and then placed the order. Five minutes later they had the food and were ready to go.

Merle hid behind Hitomi while they went back to the cabin. "Here Dilandau, we brought you some food," she said upon getting into the cabin. "I'm afraid that they didn't have anything flambé, I hope this will do."

A mischievous grin spread across his face. "We can make it flambé," he started. "Just grab my flame-thrower."

"I don't know," Hitomi said hesitantly.

Dilandau made puppy-dog eyes. "Please, Hitomi. I'm all locked up in here, and fire Buffalo wings would really put me at ease," he whimpered.

"Alright. I'll just have to be careful," she grabbed his flame-thrower. "How do you work this thing?" she asked.

"Turn the big knob all the way to the right, and then press the trigger," he said.

"Are you sure it's to the right?" she asked worriedly.

"Of course I'm sure! I know that flame-thrower like the back of my hand!" Dilandau said.

"Okay… I guess you must…" she agreed. "Merle, can you hold this plate for me?"

"Sure, Hitomi. Just be careful," Merle said, grabbing onto the plate.

"Okay, here goes," Hitomi pressed the trigger and a huge wall of flames emerged from the flame-thrower, engulfing Merle and the Buffalo wings.

"Oh dear," Millerna sighed. "What is Merle now that she's gray? Not a cat or an ocean…" She looked at the pile of Merle ashes with two eyeballs sitting on top.

"BURNT! YES! THOSE BUFFALO WINGS ARE PERFECT!" Dilandau shouted.

"Dilandau, you little rapscallion!" Hitomi scolded.

Dilandau whimpered and made puppy-dog eyes again *AWW… HOW CUTE* "I guess you've already gotten the punishment that you deserve. Millerna, scrape up Merle and put her in a bucket, I'm sure that Folken will know how to bring her back to normal," Hitomi said.

They prepared to leave. "Hitomi?" Dilandau whimpered.

"What Dilandau?" Hitomi asked.

"What about my Buffalo wings? I can't eat them in my straight jacket," he whimpered.

Hitomi sighed and started feeding Dilandau his spicy ashes. "What about me?" Merle's ashes hissed.

"Just be glad that I'm not feeding you to Dilandau, Dusty," Hitomi teased as she finished feeding Dilandau. Hitomi got up and started to follow Millerna (and Merle) out the door.

"Thank you, Hitomi," he grinned.

Hitomi returned the smile and then they went back up to where everyone else was. "What took so long, Hitomi?" Van asked.

Hitomi didn't have time to answer before Allen looked at her bucket. "How thoughtful of you, Hitomi. I got tired of leaning over the rail," he said grabbing the bucket. The then *you know* vomited into it.

Merle started sobbing. "This just isn't fair," she sputtered.

"Merle?" Van asked.

"That's what I was trying to say," Hitomi explained, grabbing the bucket from Allen. "Merle got fried as we tried to make Dilandau's food flambé. We were hoping that you could bring her back to normal, Folken."

Folken looked in the bucket and nearly vomited himself at the mixture of cat ashes, Merle's tears, and Allen's vomit. "I'll do what I can," he said and raised his hands over the bucket, which he placed on the ground. Bright blue beams came from his hands and Merle appeared in the bucket nearly good as new (though covered in vomit.)

"How did you do that?" Hitomi asked him.

"Well, I was a sorcerer for Zaibach. Though this was a little out of the ordinary casting that I would do for them," he explained.

"EWW!" Merle exclaimed. "I'm going to go take a shower!"

"Aren't cat's supposed to clean themselves?" Hitomi teased.

"Oh, shut up!" Merle shouted as she stomped off.

"I think I'll go back to what I was doing before this interesting turn of events," yawned Hitomi, lying back down in the chair next to Dryden.

"I'm going to go find the pool," said Van.

"Ooh! I'm going with you!" Allen said.

"Fine, just keep your clothing on! And no vomiting in the pool," Van said, walking off. Allen followed.

Folken sighed. What could an incredibly smart sorcerer possibly do on a cruise ship? "I guess I'll just go get a drink. Maybe Dilandau would like to come with…" Folken then went down to the cabin to get Dilandau.

"Folkie!" Dilandau exclaimed upon seeing his friend.

"Hey little buddy, I was going up to get some drinks, and thought I'd check to see if you wanted to come," Folken explained.

"Sure, Folkie," Dilandau said, and then looked down at his straightjacket.

"Do you think you can behave if I take the straightjacket off?" Folken asked, reading his mind.

"Um… I don't know, that water is all around the deck…" Dilandau hesitantly said.

Once again, Folken knew what had to be done. He blindfolded Dilandau using his cape, and carried him upstairs and to the bar. Upon reaching the bar, he let Dilandau down and uncovered his eyes.

"Wow, this place is nice," Dilandau breathed looking at the elegant floor and walls, as well as the tables, chandelier, and waiters.

"How can I help you, sirs?" the barkeep asked.

"I'll have a glass of champagne," Folken said.

"And I will have a bottle of your reddest wine," Dilandau said.

"Do you have I.D.?" the barkeep asked them.

Folken showed his ID. "How about your friend here?" the barkeep asked again.

"Um… here," Dilandau said, pulling his ID out of his pocket.

"Oh…um… I guess this will work," The barkeep said, looking at the two pictures. He then left to go get their drinks.

"How in the world did you get him to accept it, you're only 16?" Folken asked Dilandau quietly.

"Celena went through a phase where she was a tramp, and got a fake ID. I can't blame her, after all… she is Allen's sister," Dilandau explained.

"Good thing the psychiatrist got you some medication to get rid of her," Folken casually said.

"Yeah, it was difficult to get him to understand that I am the original, not her!" Dilandau said with conviction in his crimson eyes.

Folken sweat-dropped. The barkeep came back with their drinks. "Here you men go," he said.

Folken started sipping his champagne. "Hmm… this is better than the stuff that we usually get on Zaibach," he said as his worry started escaping from his mind.

*2 hours later*

"Thish shtuff is good. HEY BARKEEP! Give me another round over here!" Folken slurred. Already empty glasses surrounded him.

The barkeep returned with another glass. "I've never seen anyone put that away as fast as you do. That stuff is strong. It has taken down some of the strongest men with only one glass."

"Hmm… hmm...mmm," Dilandau hummed as he was scratching on a bottle with a rather large knife. Finally rage consumed him and he threw the knife at the bottle. "I hate it when they make me wait!" he screamed.

"Whasha waitering for… wittle buthy?" Folken drunkenly asked.

"More wine!" Dilandau answered.

"But sir, the bottle that you just smashed was half full," the barkeep responded.

"No buts! Give me your reddest wine… FLAMBÉ!" Dilandau yelled and began to laugh maniacally.

Folken began to giggle with him.

*Same time, on the deck*

Hitomi woke up from her sleep. Sunbathing had left her sleepy and now her shoulders were burnt. "Oh great. How come my shoulders always burn and the rest of me doesn't even tan?" she muttered.

She noticed Dryden still sleeping in the chair next to her. "Dryden," she whispered into his ear. "Wake up, you're burnt!"

"Beautiful things belong in a natural environment," he responded and then kissed her, while he was still half-asleep.

Hitomi slapped him across the face. Dryden screamed and then got up. "What was that for?" he demanded, grabbing his very red face which had just been slapped. "I had a sunburn there!"

"For kissing me, you dirty old man!" Hitomi responded.

"What? Like I'd kiss you! You are such a tomboy. Maybe if you wore decent clothing, and had longer hair, or were a mermaid, but not now!" he replied.

Hitomi slapped him again for his insult. "Ow!" he screamed.

"Come on Dryden, let's go find the others," Hitomi said.

"Maybe we should split up," Dryden said, holding his cheek.

"Fine," Hitomi glared at him, and then headed toward the bar. "Maybe Allen is in here," she muttered to herself. "Then again, I may not want to see him drunk," Hitomi started picturing a naked Allen dancing on the bar, and then stopped. "Really bad picture," she muttered.

"Here's Hithomi! How ya doing?" Folken shouted to Hitomi when she got there.

"Hey Hitomi!" Dilandau said too, and then went back to yelling at the barkeep. "Where is my wine flambé?!"

"Join us, here have shome of this," Folken handed her a glass of champagne. "Ish really gooth," he giggled.

"I don't know," Hitomi stammered. "Well, I guess one glass couldn't hurt."

*Same time, at the pool*

"Here you guys are, Hitomi and I have been looking for you," Dryden said upon finding Van and Allen. "Why aren't you swimming, Van? And what's wrong with the pool? It looks like a bubble bath!"

"Allen decided to wash his hair," Van sourly said.

"Chlorine water turns my hair green!" Allen protested.

"Let's go find Hitomi," Van said trying to ignore Allen.

Dryden, Van, and Allen started scouring the ship, looking for Hitomi. 15 minutes later they had been through almost the whole ship.

"Where could she be? She's not old enough to be at the bar," Van reasoned.

"But Folken is," Dryden said.

"Right," agreed Van, and they started walking toward the bar. When they got there, the sight that he saw horrified Van.

Hitomi was hanging all over Folken. "Can you believe the nerve of him wanting me for my powers?" Hitomi said loudly as she was holding onto Folken and the two of them were giggling.

"Brother! What are you doing with my girlfriend?" Van demanded.

"Huh? Whasha talkin' 'bout, wittle brudder? I ain't doin' nothin' wif your girlfriend?" Folken stammered.

"Oh geez," Dryden said, "He is so drunk."

"I'm not pished," denied Folken.

"You just said pished," Dryden told Folken.

"No I didn't, I said pished," Folken said.

"See, you just said it again!" Dryden said. "We'd better get them into bed. All of them are drunk."

"What? So you want to sleep with my girlfriend too, Dryden?" Van accused.

"What? No, I just said that we should get them into bed, since they can't seem to do it by themselves," Dryden said. Then he grimaced upon thinking about how that sounded.

"So you want to sleep with my brother too?" Van accused. "And Dilandau?!"

"No! I just said that we should help them get to bed. Come on," Dryden said, and he picked up Dilandau to carry him back downstairs.

"I'm not leaving without my wine flambé!" Dilandau screamed at Dryden.

"Excuse me, sir," the barkeep said, "these two men haven't paid their bill yet."

"How much is it?" Dryden asked.

"20 thousand," he answered.

"20 thousand? How much could the three of them possibly drink? Never mind, I don't want to know. Just put it on my tab. I'm Dryden of Asturia, the son of Meidan: King Aston's advisor," Dyden said.

"Yes, sir," the barkeep said.

Dryden then left still carrying Dilandau, who was still yelling about wanting his wine flambé. Allen grabbed Hitomi to carry her downstairs. "Allen, unhand my girlfriend!" Van yelled at him.

"Van, don't be such a bore! I'm going downstairs with Allen!" she giggled and managed to grab a half-empty bottle of wine before Allen carried her away from the bar.

"Fine, I'll help you downstairs, brother," Van said to Folken.

"You're such a good little boy, Vannie," Folken drooled on him.

Van supported Folken as they walked downstairs. He found Dryden tucking Dilandau into bed, and helped Folken into bed as well. "Where's Hitomi and Allen?" Dryden asked Van.

"Oh, I'm so going to kill Allen for this!" Van stormed out of the room in search of Allen.

Van found them. "Tell me a bedtime story," Hitomi yawned.

"Well, okay… Once upon a time…" Allen started.

Van sighed and left the room, now knowing that he had no reason to fear. Van passed Millerna's quarters, and Merle's on the way to his own. He noticed that they weren't there, but didn't pay any attention. He then went to sleep.

*Same time, dining area*

"I'm so glad that I finally washed that out of my fur! It was so gross!" Merle said over her fish dinner.

"Yeah, that's gross. I remember one time that Allen vomited on me. We were at this party…" Millerna started.

"Madams, I came here to inform you that it is Limbo Night in the ballroom. We would be delighted if you joined us," the waiter told them.

Merle and Millerna looked at each other. "LIMBO!" they shouted at the same time. The two of them limboed * limbod? Limbed? I don't know! * the night away.

"Have you ever seen an ocean limbo this well?" Millerna asked many of the waiters, who were quite confused by the remark. Eventually they went to bed.

* The next morning *

"Oh, my head," groaned Hitomi. Then she looked down at Allen who had fallen asleep on her bed while telling her a bedtime story. Hitomi screamed!

"What is it, Hitomi?" Allen asked.

"We didn't!?" she screamed.

"What?" asked Allen confused.

Hitomi screamed and left the room to go find Van. He was still asleep, so she just snuggled up next to him and started crying. "I'm so sorry, Van," she sobbed.

He woke up. "Sorry for what, Hitomi?" he asked.

"I-I… slept with Allen!" she sputtered.

"You what?" Van asked.

Hitomi just started sobbing. "I'm so sorry."

Van ran into Hitomi's room, where Allen was still sitting on her bed, confused. "You slept with my girlfriend!" he accused.

"What?" Allen asked. "Why do people keep accusing me of sleeping with Hitomi? Geez… all I did was fall asleep while reading her a bedtime story."

"I know how you are! I know you wanted to!" Van accused.

Allen looked into the mirror and shrieked. "My hair! I have bed-head! Must go find brush!" Allen ran out of the room.

Van went to go chase after him, when Merle found him. "Oh Lord Van," she sighed. "I had such a fun time at limbo night! Oh, did you see that we are approaching an island?"

"Really? That's great! Finally off of this ship. How far away is it?" He asked.

"I'd have to say about 10 feet," Merle said. The boat came to an abrupt halt. "Make that 2 feet."

* * *

Everyone got their luxury items, and got ready for what was waiting on the island.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Author's note* Sorry that it took this long to get the next part out. I'm currently working on this, a short story for honors English, and a book that I hope to eventually get published. And on top of this, my reading is really falling behind. So please forgive my tardiness in getting the next part out, as I'm nearing an end to my short story for English, I will have more time to work on this.

A few other apologies: This chapter is my first one that really earned its PG-13 rating, the rest of mine have pretty much been G (but I have rated all of my writings PG-13, because that is the rating of Escaflowne.) I am very sorry for the grossness, especially surrounding Allen. I must be in a very odd mood today. Hopefully I'm not the only one who finds this funny ^_^ Please read and review.