Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ On The Path ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Continuation of Episode 26.

~All Character's belong to their respective owners and I sadly don't own them except for the story their forced to act. *sadistic grin* hehehehe....~



Escaflowne

On The Path

The sky of Gaea held dark clouds that were finding their way to cover up the bright and beautiful moons that hung in the darkened sky. The night would have been nice but the wind was piercing, going dead for a moment before racing through the trees and bushes again in spurts. The grass was still as the wind stopped for a moment but even though the wind was not blowing, the grass was swishing violently and suddenly a white pillar dropped.

Hitomi hit the ground on her side and yelped. The pillar was gone a second before she hit the ground. She pushed herself up from the ground and groaned at the soreness from her shoulder to her thigh.

"Well, that was a nice landing." She muttered.

Her eyes immediately darted to the sky where she could see the darkened clouds traveling in front of the moons, making the night seem eerie. A chill ran up her spine. Only in a t-shirt, Hitomi fished for her jacket that was in her duffle bag. She swung the bag that was hanging from her shoulder with a strap and brought it forward and found her tan jacket.

When finished trying to get warm she started forward in the forest that she landed in. Hitomi looked around, hoping to find something that would tell her exactly where she was but there was nothing but tall trees and green grass.

"No time!" She said in frustration. She was so happy that it worked and that she made it over to Gaea safely but she could be hundreds of miles away from Fanalia!

But those thoughts did not deter her from dropping to the ground and crying. She moved forward with determination and she wasn't going to stop until she found him.

Hitomi stopped for a moment, looking back down the path that she had walked for over an hour. With the fast pace that she was marching, she was starting to tire. Not knowing where you are and walking in a blind direction wasn't helping her motivation at all.

"I could be walking away from him..."

There had to be a way to find out where she was. She lifted her head to the sky and prayed.

"Van, please! Help me! I need to find you!" She looked down and noticed something out of the ordinary. Her pocket was glowing. She put her hand and found that the feather was tucked in there. The white feather was glowing a beautiful light that lit Hitomi's face up, her green eyes shone brightly with hope as she stared at the feather. She closed her eyes and began thinking of the one she loved, demanding that the feather will show her the way.

She could feel it! She felt warmth engulf her and concentrated harder. If this was the way then she was going to give it her all. Forward...the feather was tugging her forward...

"If you know what's good for ya, then you will hand over all you're goodies, m'lady."

Hitomi's eyes snapped open in fright. She spun around to see a dark figure, dressed in a black hooded cloak that obscured his face. She began taking steps back but the man didn't like it and she heard a clicking sound.

"I don't think it would be a good idea for ya to be movin', darlin'. How about if you just do as I say and maybe..." He paused. His eyes roamed over her figure and smirked. "Maybe you'll get out of this safely."

Hitomi gulped and started to shiver slighty.

"I...I don't have any money."

"That's not what I was wantin' but if you just listen to me then you'll know and this will go by so much faster."

Hitomi didn't want anything to go by faster, she wanted out. She eyed the man.

'He could just be a bum in the woods. I could probably out run him... but he might have a gun or some kind of weapon...' Her mind was racing with possibilities but the best was to run.

The man started to approach her.

"Good girl. Now put your bag down on the ground slowly, cupcake."

Hitomi grimaced at the name calling but slowly raised the strap of her bag over her head started to put it down and noticed a thick piece of wood on the ground.

'If your going to do it, might as well be now.'

As quickly as she could, she scooped up the wood and threw it at the man with all her might and turned around and started running through the woods. Something was shot and suddenly Hitomi felt a sharp pain on her left ankle. She was going to fall but felt two huge arms wrap around her body. She was forced up against the man's chest. His burly, left arm held down both of her arms and her body up against him while his right hand held a dagger that was pushed up against her throat. She could feel the cold blade digging into her skin and she knew one move on her part would end up killing her.

"Now why would you go and do that? I thought we had an agreement but I guess since you were being a bad girl, you will have to suffer the consequences." He whispered up against her ear and she whimpered. She could feel the heat of his breath on her neck, sending a shiver of panic throughout her body. Her heart was racing. What was she going to do? The blade pressed harder against her throat and he moved the sharp dagger against her skin, causing her pale skin to break and bleed. She felt the cold knife and the warmth of her blood run a small trail down her neck. Hitomi gasped and let out a shaky breath before saying,

"You can have anything you want but I need to get to someone who is in trouble. If I don't get there with the medicine, he will die, please!" Hitomi let the tears slide down her flushed red cheeks and down her neck, the salty tears mingled in with her own crimson blood.

"I didn't say to speak, did I?" He pressed the blade harder against her neck, making the slice, that he made moments ago, larger. Hitomi shook her head as much as she dared. She let her body fall limp in his arms, showing no resistance and letting him know that he was in control.

"I think I want you to step over here and this is where we will decide what your punishment will be, darlin'. Do I have an objection?"

But before she could even think of answering the question, the man began moving, dragging her tense body over to the bushes and into the shadows of the trees. All she could think was that she wasn't going to get to Van and that she was so sorry that she failed. The man hissed in her ear and squeezed her wrist. It was painful but she restrained herself from crying out. He flung her body away from his and with him still holding onto her wrist she was now facing him with wide eyes. He had a devilish grin plastered to his face and jerked her forward and she watched helplessly as his right hand, the one holding the dagger, was thrust into her stomach and a jolt of pain was felt before her sight went black.
The man laughed as the blonde's body fell lifelessly against him. He held her wrist and let her fall to the ground, guiding her to lie on her back and let her wrist drop. Not caring for the girl at the moment, the large cloaked man grabbed a hold of her bag and ripped it open. He began searching through it, wondering what she had of value when a feminine voice startled him into dropping the bag.

"It's not right to steal from people. Have you no shame, begger?"

His head snapped and scanned the trees, anywhere that he could see to search for
the voice that was mocking him.

"I don't see how this is your problem, so leave me alone and go about your own business, unless you want to end up like this lil' darlin' on the ground."

There was a rustle in the trees to his right and he quickly turned to face it when the figure jumped to another branch and another. He grew angry but then he began to chuckle.

"I've must've missed the joke." The monotone voice said.

"The joke is on you, wench! You play these games with me only because you wish to steal my earnings and you have no hold over me. Play the game you will but understand that I am not as weak as you may think."

"Oh, that's right. You are skilled with a child's toy and a dull kitchen tool. Wow, you appear menacing to me."

"Do not mock me, bitch! If ya wish to try me on then do not waste my time with
this annoying chatter!"

"You just had to ask."

There was a thump behind him and the man spun around to see a female, slightly taller than the one he just attacked, wearing a tattered, blue hooded jacket held together by a black belt. Her pants were a bit baggy with a hole showing at her knee. He stared at her face and smirked at her dark eyes and loose ponytail.

"You're gonna wish you backed off." He growled.

"You're going to wish that you minded your own business, bum." She retorted back and the man glared and raced after her. She hopped back as he advanced on her, pulling his fist back ready to strike her. Once he was within reach, he pushed his fist through the air where her figure once was and toppled over from the sheer force he put into it and not having it connect with anything. "Are you serious? I hope that's not the best you could do."

"Shut it, BITCH!"

He spun to face her and whipped a dagger at her but she sidestepped it and raced toward him and ducked low. Her foot came out from beneath her to kick his feet from the ground and flipped up and over him landing her feet in a breathtaking blow to his stomach, making him gasp for air. He rolled to his side, clutching his abdomen but the girl did not stop there. She struck the man when he was down, not giving him a time to defend himself, she threw her punches to his face but his hand struck her neck and squeezed.

The brunette gasped and with his strength he tossed her into a tree. He quickly got to his feet and coughed while reaching for his striker and pulled the trigger, letting loose a metal rock that was aimed at the girl but it hit nothing but grass.

"What?!"

Suddenly there was a sharp pain behind his head and he stumbled forward and turned to see the girl wielding a large branch. Still in his dazed state, he knew she was going to swing again but didn't have time to react because he was on the ground unconscious.

The girl huffed and tossed the branch to the ground.

"That is how it's done." She walked by him and opened his cloak to reveal his belt and a pouch hanging from it. "I'll just take what's mine." The leather pouch was all she was after, whatever he had inside it was hers now. "Yeah, you don't remember, do you?" She kicked him in the leg and attached the pouch to her own black belt and glared at the man on the ground. "Don't ever steal from me again or I will have your head!"

She began walking away but remembered the girl that was there before her. She decided to see if he killed the immobile figure on the ground. She now stood over the girl and reached down and touched her neck to feel the girl's heart beating and knew the girl was okay. It wasn't her fault that the man was after her but she should not leave her there with him when she awakens.

"This is what I get for being soft. She will only slow me down..." But she couldn't help but sling the girls arm over her shoulder and started on the dark path west.

Hitomi's eyes opened to a lamp lit room. It was quiet but she tried to move and her stomach ached horribly.

'Where am I?' She wondered. And it all hit her. Gaea, the evil man... She moved her hand to her stomach and lifted her shirt. Her eyes glanced over her stomach but only saw a horrible bruise forming.

"He didn't stab me..."

"Yea, you're very lucky I was around, otherwise, you would still be with him."

Hitomi looked up at the girl speaking and took in her appearance.

"Who are you? Did you save me?" She asked as she began to gather herself and get ready to leave. Van was her priority.

"I wasn't there to save you. I was getting something that he stole from me. You just happened to be there..."

The girl looked away and started gathering her own things. Hitomi stood from the futon and bowed slightly, out of courtesy.

"I thank you so much for helping me but I need to ask you something."

"Make it quick because I have to get out of here."

Hitomi nodded and watched how the girl dumped something out of a bag onto the small table near the entrance of the room.

"Where are we?"

"Hmph...we're in the town of Bekiaris." The brunette continued whatever it was she was doing as Hitomi's face scrunched up. She had no idea where this town was... She had never even heard of it.

"Do you know where the city of Fanelia is?" Hitomi asked hopeful that the girl knew. The brunette stopped and turned around, giving Hitomi a strange look.

"Why do you want to go there?"

"There is someone that I have to see. It's an emergency and if I don't get to him in time, he could die. Can you please tell me where it is? How far it is from here. Anything will be helpful." Hitomi dropped to her knees and leaned forward on her hands and almost started to cry. "I'm begging you." So much time had passed since she had arrived. She didn't even know how long she was knocked out.

The brunette stared at the girl begging in front of her. Honestly, she was suspicious of her, not recognizing her style of clothing... She looked foreign.

Hitomi waited in silence. Was she going to tell her? Her green eyes opened and glanced up at the girl in front of her and pleaded with her eyes. She watched as the girl blinked and turned around. Her heart suddenly plummeted.

"Please!"

"Alright! Stop begging me. And get up, I don't like beggars." The girl said harshly. "It's not too far from here. As a matter of fact, I'm heading there myself. You can tag alone until we get there."

Hitomi smiled and wanted to jump for joy but she restrained herself.

"Thank you so much. I truly appreciate all that you have done for me."

"Yea, well you better get ready to leave because we're heading out in a few."

Hitomi nodded.

'Thank you. Van, please hang on, I'm almost there.'

Hitomi was following the brunette, who saved her, in silence. They've left the town about a half hour ago and Hitomi had been fiddling with the strap on her bag. It seems like she's never going to see Van and the worst thing that keeps entering her mind is that when she does see him... it'll be too late. She shook her head, her blonde hair grazing her shoulders.

'Don't think like that, Hitomi.'

She glanced at the girl with the ponytail and felt like that girl was her angel. It was so lucky of her to come at the moment she needed her and then so nice of the girl to get a place to stay until she woke up. Despite how she was acting, basically like she didn't particularly care for anything but herself, Hitomi sense something virtuous in the girl. She could have left her there and she did not have to get a room for Hitomi to recover in. But the girl did and Hitomi was forever grateful and in-debt to this girl.

"Say...what is your name?" Hitomi asked nicely. She walked a little quicker to get in-step with her and looked over at the brunette with a small smile. "My name is Hitomi."

She watched as the brunette continued walking with her determined strides and stared straight forward...almost acting like she didn't just hear the girl speaking but after a moment, the brunette's features soften and she glanced at Hitomi before looking ahead again.

"I'm Kai."

Hitomi was making progress so she gathered herself to ask another question.

"So why aren't you with your family now?"

Kai continued walking fast and Hitomi was glad because she didn't want to have this conversation slow her down from her destination but Kai said that it was about ten to fifteen more minutes before they see Fanelia.

"I kinda ran away for a while . . . from my mother when she remarried. I regret it because I miss her. It was really stupid...something that he did that got me mad but he tried to get me to like him but I just...eh. I'll see them and we'll be one little happy family, like she always wanted."

"Oh. What have you been doing by yourself? Where did you go?" Hitomi asked, interested in her story.

"Well, you're a talker." The girl said abruptly. Hitomi blushed and laughed in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to answer the questions. I realize that they're kinda personal." Hitomi said sincerely. She didn't mean to pry, it was just that the girl seemed like she never got to talk to anyone seriously.

Kai sighed and scratched her neck.

"I have been around the city...never gone too far. I've kept tabs on my mother. I've been so close to her without her even realizing it. I returned home on several occasions and one morning, I knew she was home but usually she would be sleeping around that time. My stepfather would be at work already and she was throwing up. I thought she was sick but when I saw her later on in the day she looked fine. I kept spying on her and it seems like she's just getting this morning sickness. I think she's pregnant though I'm not too sure. I don't think she even realizes it yet."

Hitomi watched as the girl held a small smile on her face. It seemed like whatever was bothering her when she first left was now gone and Kai was ready to return home. That was good. She shouldn't have to live on her own, she still looked young.

"I'm glad you are returning to your family. I'm sure they miss you very much even if you think that they might not." Hitomi said. She looked ahead and noticed that they were almost there. She could see the silhouette of the city.

"I know she does. I feel bad for doing it in the first place. I was stupid. So..." Kai's chocolate, brown eyes darted over to the girl next to her. She figured that she would never see her again after they parted ways in the city but it was nice having this conversation with someone. She hadn't had the chance to really speak to anyone...ever since she left. "What's the emergency?"

Hitomi watched as the city got closer and started to walk a little faster.

"Um.. There is someone very dear to me that is sick and I need to get medicine to him. I know that this worl-I mean the city or none near by have the medicine that would make him get better. So it's very important that I get to him."

Kai smiled some as she saw Fanelia.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's hurry over there!"

"Yes, lets!" Hitomi said happily and smiled.

Hitomi's heart was racing and her fear was bubbling up from her gut when she got closer to the gate. She noticed some guards there and as they grew nearer, the guards were very alert and Hitomi turned her head to see Kai's reaction and she was just as surprised as Hitomi was.

"What the hell is going on?" Kai whispered. Hitomi heard and her nervousness rose tenfold.

"Halt!" Yelled the guard.

"Wait but-" Hitomi started but was cut off.

"You cannot enter! Turn back." The solider said fiercely and Hitomi just couldn't believe that they would be doing this to her.

"Listen! Please! I need to see Van!" As soon as the name left her mouth, she did not receive the reaction from the guards that she was expecting. Two other Fanelian guards appeared behind Kai and Hitomi and shoved the girls up against the wall.

"What do you know about the King?"

With her face shoved violently up against the wall, her heart was pumping fast as the guard twisted her arm and she yelped in pain.

"I-I'm Hitomi Kanzaki! I helped save Gaea with Van. Please let Allen know I'm here, or Merle, just please hurry, you know Van doesn't have much time and I have the cure!"

The guards glanced at each other.

"We don't want to hear anymore." They pulled both girls off the wall and they found themselves getting guided into a small building off to the side and shoved them into a cell. Hitomi turned around and grabbed the bars staring at the guards with a fierce look of determination.

"Please hurry. Just say Hitomi and they will know who I am!" Even though she was telling the truth, it seemed like they didn't want to believe her and she didn't know why.

They left Hitomi and Kai alone in the dark, dingy cell and when Hitomi turned around, Kai seemed extremely pissed.

"Don't worry." Hitomi assured her. "We'll be out of here in no time." But as Hitomi finished, the girl frowned at her.

"If you didn't go blurting out all that nonsense about the King then they would have let us go! You just had to go and say something so ridiculous! I shouldn't have come here with you. I could have snuck in and been with my family already." Kai huffed angrily. She turned her back on the blonde and Hitomi almost doubled over at how quickly the girl turned on her. Not too long ago they were having a nice conversation... Things were going well...

"I don't care if you don't believe me but they will come for us and I will get you out of here. I promise. I'm not the kind of person who steals from anyone... Did you think that I was going to do something to you?" Hitomi asked incredulously.

"I've never seen you...your style of clothes before and I've never taken my eyes off of you since I saw you." The girl spat, sitting on the opposite side of the room.

The blonde sighed. She hated it when stuff like this happened but she had more important things to worry about than making friends. Those guards just needed to hurry so she can get to Van.  


Allen just got done checking up on Van. They reported suspicious activity at the front gates that drew him away from the King. He had to head over to see what the guards were trying to tell him.

The tall blond entered his office and noticed the guard waiting upon his arrival.

"What's going on, Benson?" Allen said as he grabbed some papers and studied them. He initialed them and tossed them in a tray.

"Two young ladies walked in through our front gates and one claimed that she knew the King personally. And she knew something about his illness and I thought it was suspicious." Benson reported to the blond but the man was staring at him.

"What were their names?"

"The young lady claiming to know you, the King and miss Merle was Kanzaki, Hitomi."

Allen stood up so abruptly that his chair tipped over.

"Hitomi?"

The solider jumped and Allen rushed over to the door.

"Where is she being held?"

"I-In the temporary cell, sir." The solider noticed the urgency in his commander and rushed out of the castle to grab his horse and Allen hopped onto his black stallion and they road over to the guard house at the front entrance of their city.

Allen ran inside and headed to the holding cell and he stopped in front of the bars. His hands gripped the bars and his eyes widened as he watched Hitomi glanced up at him and smiled. That smile almost made him feel like everything was going to be all right. He took in her longer hair and lighter frame. Her face was an angel at this time to him.

"Open this door!" And a guard was on it, the door swung open and the tall blond rushed in and enveloped Hitomi in a big hug.

"Hitomi. I can't believe you're here." He released her and smiled.

"Allen. I've missed you." She smiled but her bright face grew grim. "Where's Van?"

"He's at the castle's infirmary. Oh Hitomi, he's so sick. They don't know what's wrong with him. Do you think you can help him?"

Hitomi nodded frantically.

"Take me to him!"

"Come on!" Allen shouted as he ushered Hitomi out of the cell but frowned when she turned around and pointed in the cell.

"She has to come out of there! She was with me and she saved my life. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here." Hitomi said fiercely.

Allen turned to the guard and commanded him to release the girl and urgently ushered Hitomi outside to his horse where he hoisted her up and climbed aboard the horse himself and rode quickly to the castle.

As they rode on towards the castle, Hitomi had the chance to glance at the passing by buildings and unique structures that made up the beautiful city and found collapsed buildings and homeless people. They rode by the disaster that had struck earlier on.

"Oh my god. What happened to Fanalia?" Hitomi asked surprised.

"We had an unexpected attack on our city. It was bad, Hitomi. Many people are hurt and lost their homes. Some how they snuck in theses crates with explosives inside and set them up around the city but we were lucky not all of the bombs went off. We found the majority of them, around twenty-five unexploded crates." Allen finished grimly and Hitomi gasped.

"Who could want to do that to Fanelia?" She whispered as her green eyes looked on at the people resting near the castle's walls. Allen growled.

"Whoever did it meant to destroy our whole city but I think that they timed it wrong and missed their mark."

Allen was approaching the castle and Hitomi turned around to look at Allen. He paused before apologizing to Hitomi.

"What are you saying you're sorry for?" She questioned.

"I couldn't take care of Van for you and your arrival was less than pleasant." Allen face was serious but Hitomi shook her head.

"It's all right but we need to get to Van. I don't know how much time it's been."

"Yes, he needs you, Hitomi. I think we all needed to see you here."

Hitomi stared at Allen. What could she do to help everyone? She was only one high school girl.

Allen helped her off the horse and they ran to the infirmary. Hitomi gasped as she saw Van, deathly pale and under the whitest of blankets.

She ran over to him and started to shake but recited the instructions that she was given to help heal Van.

"Yukari's sister said to put the band around his arm for the vain to pop out." She spoke as she did it, grabbing Van's arm that was thinner from what she remembered. Hitomi wrapped the band just above his elbow and went to her bag to dig out a syringe and the antibiotic that she needed.

"Okay... it says 20cc." She stuck the needle inside the small bottle and drew inside the syringe the clear medicine. She did it just passed the mark of 20cc and she held her shaky hand up to eye level and tapped the syringe to get whatever bubbles that were in there to the top and pushed the medicine out until it was at 20cc.

Hitomi gulped and looked at the green vein that was on Van's arm and as carefully as she could, she broke the skin and pushed the needle in at an angle and slowly pushed the medicine out of the syringe into Van.

"Please let me be on time." She said softly. "You can't die on me... You can't."

"Hitomi?" Allen asked. "How long will he be like this?"

Hitomi shook her head almost like she was in a daze as she stared at Van and tentatively touched his face gently, smoothing back his dark locks from his forehead.

"Do you mind if I stay here for a while, Allen?"

The tall blond nodded and left the room leaving Hitomi alone with the man she hasn't seen for over three months. The sandy blonde did not take her emerald eyes off of her love. Her eyes traveled over the contours of his face. She gazed at his closed eyes that she wished he would open and her eyes traveled down to his lips.

"How could you let yourself get like this, Van?" But the man in the bed didn't respond. He only took several deep breaths on occasion.

She held his hand and rested her head on the bed. It'll be sometime before he gets the next injection but Hitomi will make sure that he got it.  


Kai walked down the street to her house and she was starting to become alarmed at the condition of the houses in the area. It looked as though the town was attacked. There was debris in the streets and many people walking around or just sitting on the street corners as if they didn't have homes.

"What the hell happened here?" She didn't want to admit it but she was starting to really worry now.

She continued down the street and spotted her home and quickly rushed in.

"Mama? Mama!" Kai yelled and her mother came from the living room.

"Kaisae? Oh my... Where have you been? Your father... and I have been so worried."

Kai stared at her mother, Leena, and noticed the tired and just depressive state that she was in. This was not how her mother had looked like the other day. Kai frowned. Even with her illness of possibly being pregnant, her appearance would not be this unhealthy. Something had gone wrong...

"What happened, Mama?" Kai asked, never removing her brown eyes from her own mother's tired eyes. They were puffy and red like she's been crying. The dark circles and the stressed wrinkles... She's never seen her mother like this before. Kai began to get scared.

"I-I..." Her mother started but her daughter could see her obvious distress.

"If you won't tell me what's wrong then I'll get Don to tell me." Kai was about to take off to find the older man but at the mention of her stepfather, Leena broke down and started sobbing uncontrollably.

Kai's heart jumped in her throat and immediately was by her mother's side, trying to calm the woman. She hugged her and soothed her all the while wondering what the hell was going on.

"Mom...where's Don?" There was some hiccups and sniffling but she tried again, her nervousness giving away in her voice. "Mama, where is Dontrius?"

Her mother stood up a little taller to look into her daughter's eyes but it was breaking Kai's heart to see her mother so destroyed.

"W-When they bombed the city, your father and I were in a building that was hit and he got..." Her mother placed her shaky hand against her mouth, trying not to cry while she spoke. "He got crushed under a beam that fell." More tears began to fall down her cheeks.

Kai couldn't believe it. It couldn't be true. It just couldn't be. There was so much that she never told him. There was still so much that she wanted to do as a family. There was the baby... A pain struck her badly. Kai suddenly felt that it was her fault. If she didn't leave, they still would have been a family.

"Oh god, Mama. I'm sorry. It's my fault! I-I should've been here with you and dad. I should've, I'm so sorry!" Kai cried, holding her mother tight.

When Kai's mother controlled herself, she pulled away from her daughter slightly.

"What is it, mom?"

"Sweetheart, Dontruis-honey said that...he said that I was pregnant. He said that I'm going to have a baby."

Kai couldn't help but smile slightly.

"I know, Mom. I know." Kai sniffled as her mother looked down at her beautiful long-haired daughter.

"Then can you promise me that you won't ever leave again?" Leena asked.

Kai's jaw set in as she tried not to get hysterical.

"I'm sorry, Mama. I shouldn't have done it and I'm so sorry that I did." Kai tried to bury her face in her mother shoulder but her mother kept her facing her.

"Listen, I love you and so did Dontrius. Dontrius cared for you so much. Please, Kaisae, please understand that." Her mother pleaded and Kai nodded with more tears streaming down her cheeks then she ever thought she could.

"I love you too. I love Don-" Kai stopped herself for a second before saying whole-heartedly, "I love Dad too. I loved him so much."

They weren't the only two souls that were crying that night but their pain had them crying in each other's arms for quite some time. While Kaisae's mother was thinking that they were finally together and that things should be okay, her daughter wasn't thinking that she was finally home but her thoughts were on whoever caused her stepfather's death. Her thought's were, whoever did that to her stepfather will pay. Kai swore she would get revenge for her mother and for Dontrius. She would make up for what she has done and make things right again in honor of Dontrius and the rest of the fallen people of Fanelia.