Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Hold Me! ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Note: This is a short fic dealing with Van's emotions after Hitomi leaves and receiving comfort from another. I've had this story idea for the longest time and I finally just had to write it. Well I hope you all enjoy this and please review.
Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne or any of the original characters from the series.
**************************************************************** ********
`I lay in my bed looking out of the window at the Mystic Moon "I wonder how she's doing?" I think out loud to myself. "Is she too looking out of her window, up at the night sky and thinking of me as well? Does she even remember me at all?" `I feel a stray tear slide down my cheek as I think of my Hitomi. Ever since she left I've been in pain. I miss her so much. Oh why? Why did I ever let her go? I can't even sleep at night because I always dream of her, then I wake up and realize she's gone, and it hurts so much. By now I am in tears. They slide down my cheeks before landing with a soft plop on my pillow. I shouldn't have let her go I need her. I need to hold her in my arms, breath in her sweet scent, feel her warm body, hear her sweet voice that sounds so much like music to my ears, look into those so beautiful emerald eyes of hers, I-I…' It was just too much for me to handle and I broke down and cried into my hands.'
`I heard the door to my bedroom suddenly creep open and the sound of heavy footsteps as the person silently walks over to my bed. I don't look up to see who it is, I just continue to tremble and cry into my hands. I feel the bed shift as the person sits down next to me. I have a fairly good idea who this person is, and those thoughts were concluded as I felt him slide two strong arms around me. One soft and warm the other hard and cold. I don't need to open my eyes to see whom it is holding me. I choke out his name as he pulls me into a tender embrace.' "Folken."
"Shush,” He whispered to me "just rest."
`I can't help feeling embarrassed for letting him see me like this, so weak and pathetic like. Folken must have sensed that too, because he suddenly leaned down and whispered in my ear.'
"It's okay to be upset Van its okay to cry. You don't have to hide your emotions from me. I won't tell a soul."
"I miss Hitomi," I whimper.
"I know you do, it's okay," he replies softly.
A small smile caresses my lips as I snuggled up to his body warmth `Ah my brother, I could always depend on him for comfort. Whenever my brother would hold me and wrap his strong arms around me, I felt safe and loved. And the feeling of love and safety would grow ever stronger at every passing moment.'
"Brother," I sigh as he strokes my hair with his good hand and rubs my back with the other.
"Hum?" He whispers in reply.
"Thank you," I answer.
"For what?" he asked.
"Just for holding me," I answer softly "I really needed to be held."
"Anytime Van," He replies "Don't ever hesitate to find me if you need to be held, cause I'll gladly do it my brother."
"Thank you," I sigh as I snuggle up to him resting my head on his shoulder as he gently rocks me in his arms. `It isn't to long before I drift off into sleep for once totally at peace and rest.'
The End
**************************************************************** ********
AN: I know that Folken died in the series, but I really wanted to write a story about him comforting Van. I hope you all enjoyed it and please review. ^_^
~Charlotte~