Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Meru Puri, Fanelian Prince ❯ Enter Grans and Tomi ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Dam, not another love card. This is really becoming ridiculous.” said a rather peeved girl.

Her shoulder length waves of brown hair, her flashing and startling emerald eyes, and her tight lip could easily give away the mood she was in. After all Hitomi Kanzaki was not one to doubt on such frivolous things as taro cards and fortunes of love yet today she had woken up with a goal in mind. A goal that she thought she was wasting her Saturday over. No matter how many different ways she shuffled the cards the love card always came back while her mind was out to read her fortune. However as she drew a card for her friends they all got something different. So when she drew for herself again she was hopping it had past but was sorely mistaken.

“Ah, that’s it I give up these stupid things, they don’t work. There is no way Hitomi Kanzaki is going to fall in love or have any stupid love come her way.” she growled at the innocent enough deck.

“Tomi your losing it, seriously losing it.” said a friend to her left.

“I told you we should have gone to see that movie.” said another positioned on her bed, head hanging over one side feet off the other.

“But I just wanted to try it. After all my grandmother was so into them and all. She had more faith in those dam things than she did in her car.” she said placing the cards back into the desk drawer.

“But wasn’t your gran’s car on its last wheels, I’m sure she had more faith in everything else except for the old bug.” her bed friend piped in.

“Right whatever, lets get out of here. This old house has always scared me and I can’t seemed to get comfortable here, plus we can probably catch the late showing if we hurry.” she said shivering to add to the effect.

“I bet the reason why you can’t get comfortable is because your to lazy to unpack all your things.” said her friend on the left as she got up to look at her watch.

“Oh, of course you would want to go do something now that I can’t. My mom is going to kill me if I get home late again. I don’t get her problem but she seriously needs to lighten up, it’s not like I have anything to do at home anyway.” said her friend as she sat up on the bed.

“But if you go then I will to.” whined her other friend.

“Oh well to bad miss daring wanted to try and play seer so now we have to leave. Thanks for the great time Tomi, I really had a blast.” she said snidely and left the room.

Her other friend said goodbye a little less harshly but it still had a bite.

“Oh, who cares about them. I’ll just go and watch some TV.” she said and flung herself on the couch.

Watching TV was a poor excuse of a Saturday night and the reruns weren’t that good either. Sighing and deciding that she needed to go and blow off steam she raced out of the house. A run always helped her to clear her head and even better was it gave her an excuse to take another shower with her body all sweaty.

As she raced down to sunset park, so rightly named because it was the best make-out place with the best view of the sunset you could get anywhere, she tried to push her limits in her speed. Running as wildly and quickly as she could with all the bends and turns in the path. She easily made her way up the steep hill that overlooked the city and finally paused as her chins began to act up. She loved to run but hated her chin split. It sounded a lot more painful than it actually was. Every time she thought about this she pictured her legs as they were cracking open her bones sticking and judging out of their original place painfully. She shivered at the image and rubbed unconsciously at her legs.

Not only was she in pain but she needed to shave as well. The small hairs were already beginning to poke out and brush roughly against her hands. She sighed life really was quite boring especially when she had no one to deal or relate with except for her bum of friends and her crazy old grandmother. Don’t judge her to quickly she would die for the women but she knew her sanity must be low if she actually believed in her cards more than in the sun rising.

After the pain had dulled and only became a small throb she easily began her way back down the hill. No longer did she feel like pushing herself, she only wanted to get back home and take a nice hot shower.

Soon she was back at home most of the lights were turned off but the kitchen and her grandmothers room remained on. She sighed as she looked into her draw and easily found that the taro cards were missing from her drawer and she sighed again in exasperation.

“Really ma, taking the cards again.” she mumbled something about self dignity and walked into the bathroom.

She filed the tub and soaked for about an hour allowing her days many adrift thought to be stored or trashed in her mind and soon after she had become a shriveled prune she left the shower and wandered into her room. Grabbing panties and strawberry bra she was about to turn and leave when a light over by her desk caught her eye. She picked up the ruby pendant and looked as it glowed like a beckon. Bright dull, bright dull.

“What the…?” she asked as she stared at its pretty red and pink glow.

Thinking it could change into a light up stick she was about to put it back when she was surrounded by blue light.

“What’s going on!” she gasped and was crushed as a body hit hers head on.

Dazed and unsure of what had just happened she laid on the floor her short towel wrapped around her just barely covering her butt in order to conceal more cleavage. Her hair askew around her and her arms flapped open wide. Soon she felt someone movement and gazed up into a pair of crimson eyes. She had never before in her life seen anything more fascinating than the eyes now looking down at her. Reds with flecks of brown and gold played around dark pupils, with raven hair masking their shape and width. He was quite attractive for a little boy as she could now tell.

What was it that had just happened to her again? Was she really questioning her sanity because she had seen her pendant light up? Was she really just going to lie there all night in nothing but a towel and allow the kid to stay on top of her?

This question seemed to snap some sense into her as she felt his hand move from its original position. She was tempted to hit him for groping her, but he was only a little boy after all and she didn’t feel quite write in beat the crap out of a kid, but if he had been older… she pushed the boy off all the way and decided her reasoning was because he was rudely staring at her immodest dress.

“What?” she snapped.

He shock his head as if that should give her an answer and continued to stare. After a minute more of this she final stood up and was about to march out when he grabbed onto her hand. His hand was so small compared with her own and strangle comforting.

“What are you doing?” she asked with a bit less bite.

He held his hand out to her and she looked at what he tried to offer her. It was an old piece of paper, rolled and sealed with some important looking emblem . Her teenage mind couldn’t help but think that it looked oddly enough like something a king from the mid eighteen hundreds would send out like an invitation or something on that matter, plus the way the boy held himself it strangle reminded her of a royal prince.

“This is for you.”

“What is it?” she asked as she took the offered paper.

The boy shrugged and continued to stare. She squirmed a little under his eye and then turned, plan in mind of what to do next. She left and walked down the hall to where a door was closed but the TV could be heard blasting inside.

“Grans, grans are you in there?”

“Yep, come on in.” the woman replied.

The door opened to reveal a woman who appeared to be in her mid forties but no one could know how old she really was, she never told a soul and when her birthday came the cake always said twenty one plus. Hitomi shook her head and glanced at the television which was currently an exercising program. Her short brown curls and her hazel eyes that spoke well enough of the woman’s mischief and pride. Her lips were thin in concentration and her slightly bent nose which Hitomi guessed had been broken once or twice while being a Yankee or in a bike gang in earlier years in life, was currently flared at trying to keep her body in the position salutations to the sun. A move which stretched her back muscles and tightened her legs and arms. The only memories that Hitomi could remember of her parent were their hugs and when her father talked about how much he loved that his mother in-law was a wild woman in her teens and still was all the ball of fire. After the woman turned upright Hitomi took a deep breath.

“Right well I don’t really know how to say this grans, so I’m just going to come right out and say it.” she said immediately flushing at how this was going to sound.

However she had no doubt that her grandmother would believe her, after all she believed a bunch of cards so why not her own granddaughter.

“Honey are you about to come out and tell me that your gay?” the woman asked sitting up slowly with worry in her eye.

Hitomi blinked at her not quite getting the meaning of her words. Still to busy trying to figure the right words for her problem, words like ‘this prince-y kid’ and ‘bright-flashing-glow-stick-pendant’ just wasn’t doing it for her. Then as her grandmother sat down in the plump cushion chair, the movement seemed to hit her words with full on force. That chair was her grandmothers worry comfort chair. Comfort because when seated in this particular chair it felt like someone was trying to hug you because you sank in so deep, worry because of the hideous green that the color was and it usually made all your other worries disappear because the color gave you everything to worry about. If Hitomi could she would have dyed it blue or something years ago.

“HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLE THINK THAT I AM GAY! HAVE I EVER LEAD YOU ON IN ANYWAY TO THINK THAT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN GUYS!! NO, I DON’T THINK SO, AND I AM POSITIVE THAT I WOULD KNOW IF I WAS GAY OR NOT!!!” as the bomb like noise died down from her granddaughter, the neighbors quietly left there shelters and returned to they nightly lives.

If anyone later asked about the unknown occurrences and why the military wasn’t swarming the countryside in search of the terrorist, they would reply Hitomi and crazy grans. Any and all who would have heard of them would easily understand and continue on with their lives in total and complete ignorance.

“Now calm down dear, you know sometimes you don’t think before you talk. The way you were going on just moments before the bomb explosion, anyone would have thought that you were about to confess your feeling on your relationship and where you stand sexually.” said her hypocritical grandmother.

Hitomi flinched at her grans ease in speaking about sex or anything relating to it. It defiantly wasn’t natural for a woman to be speaking about this to a very hormonal teenaged girl. Hitomi released her breath of fire.

“And I knew that you weren’t gay dear. It was highly impossible because your mother and I were always quite the play girls. I taught her everything she knew, and she was actually better at it than me. Nearly broke your fathers heart twice, but after the second one she realized that he was serious about her and not just wanting her for her body. Which as you know was hot.” she said grinning dirtily at the memories of her youth and her pride of how beautiful her daughter had turned out.

Hitomi was quite use to this perverted talk with her grandmother after all she had heard it so often that she was use to it. While everyone else was freaking out and telling off her grandmother who was rudely laughing at them and their ‘modesty’ nonsense, while Hitomi apologized over and over again blaming the medication that her grans was supposedly taking. Hitomi snapped back as her grandmother continued by talking about how hot her grandfather was and such nonsense.

“Grandmother.” she stopped her ramble to look at her granddaughter, she only called her that when she wanted her to be serious.

Seeing that she now had the woman’s attention, she continued, “There is a boy in my room. He fell from the sky or maybe it was the roof, but there is no hole. He had a soft landing on ME and the next thing I know is that I am looking into these red eyes. He actually has these really great eyes, they really draw you in, I‘ve never seen anything so intriguing in my life and he… what’s wrong?” she asked looking at the reddening shaky form of her grandma.

Finally being noticed, her mouth dropped open and the room was filled with loud hysterical laughter. After what seemed like ages of it she quieted to a giggle and hic-up while wiping at her eyes daintily.

“That’s a good one. Boys falling from the sky, never heard that one before. Listen I remember what it was like being your age and all, but I just have to say. You didn’t need to come and tell me.” she said standing up and leading Hitomi to the door.

“I-I didn’t?” she asked confused.

“No, its your life if you feel your ready, then you get to it. You don‘t really need my permission.”

Hitomi stared back at her still very much confused by what was happening. Didn’t she understand what Hitomi was talking about?

“Hang on I don’t think you…”

“Just don’t make too much noise and remember to use protection, I don’t want any kids running around the house while I try to hold another bingo party.” she laughed at herself and closed the door in Hitomi face.

She stumbled back to her room, her mind trying its hardest to place everything in. She looked at her clock. It was past ten. No wonder she couldn’t think strait, after nine her brain shut off to leave room for her “other self” as her friends put it as. She was always a lot different after ten and to her disgust a lot more like her grandmother and her mothers perverted side, in other words much more horny and dense…oh well, might as well get to bed, if her grandmother wasn’t worried about a boy being in her room, then why should she. She happily closed the door and realized that she was still in her towel.

Besides, her mind pressed as she searched for PJs, boys didn’t fall from the ceiling and they certainly didn’t have red eyes that made you feel like you were drowning in them. She blamed her insanity on the hour and on her recent crazy ideal of reading cards for the future. She giggled and turned. Man she must really be losing it, the boy was still there. She saw him lying on top of the covers of her bed. She sighed, how come he got the bed, she asked herself a little deflated.

After going to the bathroom and getting dressed in her black silk PJs with red cherries scattered all over she happily looked at the bed and moved him. Surprisingly he didn’t wake but was a little heavy. She tried to switch his weight fully onto one arm so she could work the bed with the other. With a little difficulty she one handed pulled the covers down and crawled in bed with his little body next to her. Tomorrow she was positive that he would be gone because it just wasn’t natural for boys to be falling from the sky. It could indeed be normal for her pendant to start to glow and work like a light up stick but not a boy falling from the sky, that was just too far fetched… wasn’t it?