Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Robotia:City of Robots ❯ Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I always have trouble getting ideas on paper, but here it is. Wow, I take so long to update. As usual, I'm not claiming to own anything from this show. Someone said that I should make the bite infectious. That is just gross, but I don't need to add it because the regular bite will serve its purpose. That was no sick dog by the way! Also, this story is about to end. There are just a few more chapters, leading to the big battle! Well, enjoy this latest chapter, hope I haven't upset any fans of this story.
 
Robotia: Chapter 4: Revealing Love
 
Hitomi drudged into the office, holding a bandaged arm behind her back. Only one person eyed it curiously: that was the technological bureau head, Mr. Dryden. He was the only one who knew she was, for he was the only one still around from the time Van's father bought her from the auction. Since then, she had always had some feeling for the boy, and it had steadily grown ever since. She and Van used to play a lot together in the past. But his friends always made him feel uncomfortable when she was around, it caused him pain and she didn't like it. That was why they grew apart as the years went by, but she longed for it to at least to be the same as it once was, for they would never be together.
 
-A robot is never capable of having feelings. It is the perfect tool and has no capability to rebel.-
 
*Flashback*
 
“Hitomi! HI-TO-MI!! Where are you?” A twelve-year-old Van Fanel called.
 
When he discovered young Hitomi waiting by the sycamore tree, he smiled gleefully.
 
“I was looking all over for you! I'm so glad to see you!”
 
“Van…” Hitomi said solemnly.
 
“What's wrong Hitomi?”
 
“Do you like… Hanging around with me? I mean, you are always crying after your friends talk about you like that. I don't want to cause you any pain.” Hitomi said, on the verge of crying, but didn't realize it.
 
-Robots can never be involved with a human. They cannot experience emotions. They are the perfect weapons.-
 
“Of course I do!! I can't leave you alone Hitomi! You are my friend, and I care for you. I don't care what my friends think. After all, I am the only one who realizes that you are human!”
 
“Yeah,” Hitomi said, smiling slightly.
Then hand in hand, they walked back to class.
* End Flashback*
 
Hitomi smiled at the memory. They were the most cherished memories of her life. She wondered why she even had memories. They weren't in the capacity of a robot to have memories accompanied with feelings?
 
-She was no ordinary robot.-
 
What had drawn her to the well in the first place? Nothing had ever changed. She herself hadn't changed. She wanted to be Van's wife. He was alone, and always grumpy with a stern expression. He hadn't smiled for years, unlike the elementary school years when they would meet by the sycamore tree. Who had determined her awful fate? She wondered, was the well cursed? The first time she visited it, Van was still ok. The next year however, he had changed for the worst. Would she even have been able to make Van happy if she was turned to a human?
 
*Flashback*
 
`What's this?' young 12-year-old H.i.t.o.m.i. thought.
 
Her eyes flickered over the chipped stone well, covered with moss and dandelions.
 
`It's so ancient! Is the water still fresh?” She gazed with marvel at the artifact.
 
It was located in the middle of the park, close to the elm tree where she thought her life about.
 
`Maybe I should make a wish” she thought. `Ok, let's try it!'
 
She tossed a coin from her pocket into the clear water, creating a soft splash.
 
“I wish…um…that I could make Van happy!” she said in a loud voice.
 
After nothing had happened, she sulked and walked away. `I shouldn't have expected anything to happen…'
 
*End Flashback*
 
`Ok Hitomi,' she ordered herself. `Enough contemplating the past. Let's turn in that V619 driver part!'