Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets ❯ Discussions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Secrets

An Escaflowne Fan fiction

Chapter One

Discussions

AN: This is something I've had on my mind for ages. I wrote it down a long time ago and I threw it away and I now I realise I like it very much. This intro may seem a little weird but it's important. Please remember that this is a fan fiction and I don't follow the plot completely in this story. Never have. Review me. Please!

********

"Dilandau," she called into the darkness. She knew he was there; it was where he always was and wanted to stay. Not if she had anything to say about it.

"What?" he asked as he appeared behind her suddenly. She did not jump or flinch or gasp at his sharp response, instead she turned easily to face him. He was leaning against something solid but it was not visible to the eye. It was simply there.

It was dark. The space around them was pitch black but they were able to see each other as if it were high noon. But there was no light there, not a single flame or flicker or ray of light. Nothing bright reached the place where they stood.

He stood, decked fully in his black and red Zaibach armour, staring at her with cold and disinterested red eyes. She stared back at him, dressed in the exact same outfit only slightly modified to fit a few more of her feminine traits.

"I need to speak to you," she said, her voice commanding, like that of a sovereign.

"Why?" His attitude was unbearable sometimes.

"You know fully well why," she almost spat back. Even for fully trained ladies who knew how to keep their composure at all times, Dilandau was just too much sometimes.

"So?" he asked using his best I-don't-give-a-donkey's-rear-about-this expression. Though he was still being extremely rude, he showed whatever abstract respect he had for the woman standing before him by simply listening. There were many days when he would never give her the time of day. Today, he was not only interested but also obligated to be at this particular meeting.

"So?" she asked changing the expression only slightly to I-don't-give-a-donkey's-rear-about-your-attitude.

"Milady Schezar, do you not know that whatever my opinion may be, it does not matter? You are the supreme entity and I am simply the darkest part of your soul given shape? Do you not know that?" he asked, his voice rising slightly to the maniac pitch that had once been his trademark tone.

"My Lord Albatou, I want to know if you are ready to accept my proposal; simple as that. If you feel, however that you are not, don't even bother," her sentence lost its professionalism and nobility to become a plainly disgusted statement with the last three words.

"Very well then, what is it you want, Celena?" he asked standing straight.

"I want to die, Dilandau." It took him a few minutes to process this statement. This frail, weak and strong, beautiful and revolting woman that stood in front of him was asking to die after showing the full force of the strength she possessed by simply reclaiming her body from his iron clutches. She wanted to DIE?

"Why?" Not only did she want to die, she was going to kill him too.

"I don't deserve to live. I'm not a nice person," she sounded very naïve. She knew she did but she had nothing to hide from him, he knew her inside out, he was…her very soul.

"You sound like a child, Lady Schezar," he said flatly. "The question is, why have you come to tell me this? It does not matter if you I die for you are the person, I am the secret."

"I want to be the secret," she whispered. "I liked being the secret. I could never deal with people the way you did and I hate it! I hate living this lie of a life that Allen has created! Your existence is never mentioned; the fact that I had even ever been gone from this place he calls my home is made a lie. I can't stand it! I HATE BEING HIS LITTLE TOY SISTER!"

She wasn't throwing some little rich girl tantrum. She was screaming with all the force and malice that Dilandau screamed with if not worse. Dilandau watched and was amazed. Maybe, he had never been the stronger one. Maybe he had not lost his physical self in a moment of weakness; maybe he had simply lost it to the stronger entity.

"So you have come to get my approval to end your life? You feel guilty about killing me because, in your mind, I have always been a person," he said. He began walking towards her and she stood there not caring about his movements, only his words. "You don't want to die a killer and so you are asking me to sign my own death certificate. You really are something you know."

Her attire had changed. She was now in a simple sleeveless black gown that billowed out around her and covered her toes. 'How did that happen?' she asked herself. She had not thought about changing nor had she felt the need to or the impulse. She was at ease in the Zaibach armour just as much as Dilandau was. Then she realised she could not see Dilandau.

A hand reached out from the darkness behind her and grabbed her arm. It spun her around and she found herself pressed against Dilandau who was now in a white shirt like Allen's, black pants and black knee-high leather boots.

Celena had never been so close to anyone, male or female, in her life. Even Allen didn't hold her so close and so tightly when he hugged her and Celena suddenly realised that this was what she wanted; she needed it and she needed him. Close human contact, if one would go so far as to call Dilandau human.

"You have always intrigued me, Lady Celena Schezar. Do you not know that?" he said.

In all honesty, Celena was unable to think at the moment. When, finally, she managed to realise what he had said, it struck her that although she knew of everything he thought and saw and did and felt; she had never taken the time to gauge his opinion of her. In fact, the idea that he had an opinion of her had never crossed her mind.

"Actually," she breath out, pushing him away from her, "I never knew you thought about me. But I need to clarify one thing. I am not asking you to die. I'm asking to be the secret."

Oh.

********

AN: BTW, I'm not an Allen hater but he did get slight bashing in this chapter. Oh, yeah, one more thing you should know for later on, I HATE Dryden. I don't know why, I just do. (Allen/Millerna fan… ^-^; hehe. So sue me!)

REVIEWS, FLAMES, COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. LEAVE THEM IN A REVIEW AND THANX FOR READING ^-^!

Got nothing else to do with my time here.