Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Happy Sequel To Escaflowne ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SCENE 43: Int. Schoolroom. By the ages of the kids, who are all assembled there, it is about two years later. CELENA is sitting on the floor, holding a book, the kids are all seated around her.

CELENA V.O.: So....it's been about two years since that INTERESTING incident with the cabinet, and now that the children are a little older, we have formed a small school for them. I'm teaching literature, Allen is teaching sparring, Eriya, Naria, and Merle are teaching a nature/ wilderness survival class, Van assists with Allen's class, Millerna teaches rudimentary healing, Dryden teaches economics, and Hitomi is teaching a class on the country that she comes from. Shesta....is just being a general nuisance....but an amusing one, I must say. So.....

CELENA: So, today, we are reading the story of Beauty and the Beast. Yukari, do you want to take it from here?

YUKARI is four and a half years old. Her hair is shoulder-length and in two pigtails. She looks a lot like Hitomi, except that her eyes are brown. She is wearing a rose-colored dress.

YUKARI: Okay!! So...the...fairy said....said that...that...the pwince....

0CELENA: Prince

YUKARI: Prince....would hafta' find a girl that would....would love him even though he was ugwy....

CELENA: ugly

YUKARI: Yeah...ugwy....

VARIE: It's UGLY! And so are you!

CELENA: Please Varie, it's not nice to say things like that. Could you please apologize to Yukari-chan?

VARIE: But...but...my daddy says mean stuff to my uncle, and he doesn't apologize...

CELENA: Well....sometimes we have to behave even though other people don't. I tell your daddy to apologize, too.

MARLENA: You're just not old enough to not listen to her.

CELENA: Marlena, would you please not advocate corruption?

MARLENA: I'm a princess. How come I hafta' listen to you!

YUKARI: I'm a princess, too, and I don't act like you, Marlena!

ENICIA: Marlena, Yukari, Varie, shut up.

CELENA: Enicia, shut up is not a nice word. I thought I told you that.

ENICIA: But daddy said it was okay to say....

CELENA: (under her breath) Shesta....!

YUKARI: Shall I get back to reading?

CELENA: That would be very nice, Yukari.

YUKARI: Anyway...so he was ugwy...

VARIE snickers. YUKARI continues

YUKARI: becawes he was in the shape of a...of a...of a...a...

CELENA: beast

YUKARI: Beats! Yeah, he was ugwy because he was in the shape of a beats! And he had the time 'til tree years.

CELENA: three

YUKARI: Yeah, tree years, until the rose that was fwoating in the gwass jar w...w...w...

CELENA: wilted.

YUKARI: will-ded, and if the beats didn't find any girl ta' love him afore then he would have to stay as a beats for the west of his wife!

MARLENA: The 'west' of his 'wife'?

CELENA claps and gradually the other kids join in.

CELENA: A wonderful job, Yukari-chan!

YUKARI: Awigato!

CELENA: Now, let us talk about the symbolism in...now...wait...I think I should save that lesson for a couple of years...now...let's see, how about we read a poem!

THE KIDS: Yay! A poem! (and similar exclamations)

CELENA: Now, one kind of poem is called blank verse. It is written in iambic pentameter. Many poems from the Mystic Moon were written in this style. One type of poem written in this style is called a sonnet....the sonnet has fourteen lines....

ALLEN enters.

ALLEN: Hey Celena, are you done with that book that you borrowed yet?

CELENA: No, not yet.

ALLEN: All right. By the way, there are two types of sonnets, not one. So you were wrong.

CELENA: Allen...first you interrupt my class with something that could have waited, then you tell me that I'm teaching my class incorrectly! This is my class, you know.

VINCENT: Sibling rivalry?

ALLEN: No, that's Van and Folken. Well....see you later, Celena.

MARLENA: He didn't apologize.

CELENA: I'm sure that he's busy....

CELENA V.O.: ALLEN.....

SCENE 44: Int. Sparring Classroom. ALLEN and VAN are teaching the children how to hold wooden practice swords.

ALLEN: (walking around, correcting people's stances) Now Marlena, stand this way, yes, that's better. Very nice Enicia, very nice! And good job Samech! You two look just natural!

VAN V.O.: Uh...oh.

ALLEN: Yes, very nice Damien, very nice Tara, no...Vincent, that's not the way to hold it....

STEPHEN: How come Enicia's better than Vincent and she's a girl?

VAN V.O.: I REALLY don't want to know!

CELENA enters, holding a book. Her expression is slightly annoyed. SHESTA is with her.

CELENA: Hey Allen, here's your book back.

ALLEN: I'm in the middle of a class. Couldn't you have waited?!

CELENA: Well..I took it from YOUR actions that you didn't see anything wrong with interrupting a class AND telling the teacher what she's doing wrong. Would you like me to show you that you were doing something wrong?

ALLEN: (in a mocking tone) well, you've already done the first half, why don't you do the second and be my sparring partner and show me what I'm doing wrong? As if you could, imagine that.

CELENA: I accept your challenge

SHESTA: 0.0

VAN: 0.0

SHESTA: Maybe you uh...don't want to do that, Allen....

ALLEN: You idiot. Do you really think I would hurt her? Of course, she'll loose within a matter of seconds, it's not like it'll be a real match or anything.

SHESTA V.O.: She looks mad. If I were you Allen, I'd worry about GETTING hurt!

ALLEN tosses a sword to CELENA. She catches it by the handle, her hair falls over her face, and she goes into a swordfighting stance.

VAN V.O.: Wait...does she actually know what she's doing?

ALLEN V.O.: I'm not going to knock the sword out of her hands too hard, although I'll do it hard enough to give her a little shock...

CELENA starts running towards ALLEN. ALLEN casually stands where he is, sort of snickering that he is sparring against his sister. CELENA swings her sword at ALLEN and he ends up blocking it with his sword nearly falling out of his hands.

ALLEN: What the *heck*!!!

VAN V.O.: Is she STRONGER than him?!

SHESTA V.O.: Hold on.....

CELENA knocks the sword out of ALLEN's hand, shoves him against the wall, and puts the sword up to his neck. CELENA brushes her hair out of her face and all can see that her eyes are red.

CELENA: (her voice sounds slightly weird) The first mistake that you made was to underestimate your opponent....Allen Schezar.

ALLEN is standing against the wall, too shocked to react. SHESTA is wondering whether he should run and get help. CELENA raises the sword once again, a psychotic expression in her eyes, then suddenly she passes out. ALLEN takes the sword out of CELENA's hands and watches her anxiously.

SHESTA is still standing there when SAMECH walks over to him and begins tugging at his sleeve.

SAMECH: Daddy! Is Van dead?

SAMECH points over to the other side of the room, where VAN is passed out on the floor, surrounded by the children.

SHESTA: No...uh...he's....taking a nap.

SAMECH: Is Mommy taking a nap, too?

SHESTA: Yeah...(glances over at Celena) Hey, how about all of you kids go down to the kitchen for a snack!

KIDS: Okay!

The kids troop out of the room. SHESTA looks over and picks up CELENA.

SHESTA: I told you not to fight her...

ALLEN: (voice is shaky) How the *heck* did you know she was going to do that?

SHESTA: She usually doesn't get very irritated. It's not in her personality.

ALLEN: Are you saying that you think that...with certain emotions...she is incapable of expressing them herself so she takes on...HIS method of expressing them?!

SHESTA: I don't know. but I know that you were purposely ticking her off. You were kind-of asking for it.

VAN wakes up.

VAN: What the *heck* just happened?

ALLEN: I...don't...know. You okay?

VAN: Yeah....I think I was hallucinating or something--I thought I saw Celena's eyes turn red!

SHESTA: That was no hallucination.

VAN: NANI?! You mean she....

CELENA's eyes flutter open. They are blue.

CELENA: Nani...?

ALLEN: Are you all right, Celena?

CELENA: I don't know....after you handed me that sword, everything went blank. Did I pass out then?

ALLEN: You don't remember?

CELENA: Remember what...? (looks around) Hey...where'd the kids go? What happened?

JAJUKA runs in

JAJUKA: Sheesh! The kids just had a snack five minutes ago! (sees the scene in front of him...ALLEN and SHESTA hovering over CELENA and VAN looking extremely weirded out.) What's going on here? Are you okay, Celena?

CELENA: Yeah...I think I'm okay...so what happened?

SHESTA: I guess I should tell you because the other two seem too traumatized...

ALLEN: You were scared too...

SHESTA: Yeah, but someone has to tell her and you're not very good at that.

ALLEN: Hey!

SHESTA: Would you rather tell her?

ALLEN: Oh go ahead.

CELENA sits up

CELENA: So.....

SHESTA: Uh...you almost KILLED Allen.....

CELENA; I WHAT?! Why...?

SHESTA: He said a whole bunch of things to tick you off, and I guess...you couldn't express your anger on your own...so...your eyes turned red and you almost killed him.

CELENA is shocked

ALLEN: What's the most disturbing thing about this is that Shesta can talk about this casually.

SHESTA: Well...I learned from the expert....

VAN: Damate RIGHT NOW

SHESTA: Oh...so you are awake? I thought you were asleep with your eyes open

VAN: What the *heck*??

CELENA: I'm really sorry....I....I'm...

ALLEN: It's okay Celena. It's not your fault.

SHESTA: (mimicking ALLEN) Omae o korosu, Dornkirk! Even though you are a ghost, I will still accomplish my goal, because I am a knight....

ALLEN: Damate, Shesta.

SHESTA: Why?

CELENA: Shesta, please don't.

SHESTA: Of course. Sorry Celena.

VAN: 0.0

FOLKEN enters

FOLKEN: What's going on in here? Why does everyone look so tense?

ALLEN: That's a long story.

SHESTA: (perposely overexaggerating casualness) Oh...Celena flipped out and almost killed Allen. Nothing much.

FOLKEN: Shesta, that is REALLY disturbing. The last thing we need, if that is the case, is you acting like Dilandau.

SHESTA shrugs. FOLKEN sighs

CELENA: Well...anyway....I'm really sorry...

ALLEN: Well, I'm not challenging YOU to a sparring match again!

FOLKEN: You challenged HER to a sparring match? I wouldn't challenge anyone to a sparring match!

SHESTA: That's because you stink at it.

FOLKEN: Thank YOU.

CELENA: Shesta, could you please come here?

SHESTA comes over to CELENA and takes her hand.

SHESTA: Are you okay?

CELENA: Yeah....Although...I'd feel better if you sat with me...

SHESTA: Of course....

FOLKEN V.O.: Did she PURPOSELY manipulate him there? Nah, can't be!