Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The King of Sorrows ❯ Return to Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: Return to Me
"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her."
-Anonymous-
By: shiro*tenshi

Disclaimer: I don't own lots of things. First of all, the title I used above is NOT mine, Escaflowne is not mine (as well as its characters) and the quote is not mine. I also do not own Oxford University, or Jordan College, which in in Oxford, at least I think so. Anyway, enough with the disclaimers, read! I also do not own the Anne Rice novel I will mention.

The sun rose again, dawning anothere day in Fanelia. Its bright rays shone proudly, illumintaing the country and warming every face of its citizens. It had been a lengthly five years since the love of Van and Hitomi changed the fate of Gaia, when the Zaibach Empire fell and a world found peace again. Dragons fly amongst this rebuilt country no more, for everyone has accepted Fanelia's fate and present.

Atop the regnant palace stood Van Slanzar de Fanel, King of all Fanelia. Since the Great War, he accepted his and Hitomi's fate. When the cursed dragons' blood made contact with his sword, he knew he would be king and accepted governing a broken country. From the moment the war ended, the citizens as well as Van have been rebuilding their now vast country, living the future they thought they could only dream of.

Sitting in the Imperial Gardens, overlooking the market bazaar, Van pulled out Hitomi's pendant, his omen of her. He swung it back and forth, reminicing on Hitomi's amazement in telling him how it kept every cycle of time in perpetuity.

Van smiled as he watched the pendant swing back and forth. "It has been too long," he said with a solemn smile on his face. He never noticed a person coming into his room with a dagger in his hand.

¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*Ear th¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*¤*

Hitomi was frantically sorting through her collection of books, trying to find the one she was reading. To her annoyance, she was unsuccessful.

"I'm in my second year in university and I'm still not organized!" she exclaimed.

After her departure from Gaia, Hitomi returned to school and was now in university, majoring in journalism. Although Hitomi still enjoyed track, she took greater interest in the arts. Hitomi had evolved since her last encounter with Van, yet some feature still remained the same. Her hair was now a golden brown shade. It was shoulder-length and rich with a pleasant scent. She maintained her lean figure and her creamy white skin. Hitomi had grown taller in the past years, still loving Van. Her attitude became more justified considering she took leadeership in almost everything and yearned to become a successful business woman.

Finally, Hitomi found her book and dashed out the dorm to find a quiet café to eat and read.

Hitomi, like her old self ran through the street of Oxford and spotted here favourite café, The Spotted Cow. (really it is, my mom says so!) Ignoring the boisterous crowd, Hitomi found her favourite seat in the café, off to the side with a comfortable couch and a table. She ordered some sweets and tea while opening her book, Pandora by Anne Rice. Soon, people came rushing in with their business suits and briefcases. She even spotted some of her fellow University schoolmates.

"Hey, did you see that huge flash of light yesterday? It was all over the news and no one seems to know what it is,' said one of Hitomi's schoolmates.

This made Hitomi look up from her book. The descriptions from her schoolmate made it seem familiar to her somehow.

A/N: I know this was weird, but I had to dos omething, so excuse some errors and stuff. Some of it may have many spelling errors, so notify me if I'm wrong. I had to wright this is Russian first because my little sister was looking at it. Anyway, I know the schoolmate seems stupid, but it's my fic and I can do what I want! Also, they probably don't take science or astronomy! Anyway, it's suppose to be a new thing that no one knows about. The spark is suppose to symbolise Van's being almost killed. Hitomi was supposed to come (hence the title) and other crap that I'll mention in the next chapter! Arigotu for reading! Thankies!

By: shiro*tenshi
©2001 by shiro tenshi
The King of Hearts