Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ the moons shadow ❯ meet the dragon ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello!

MIND EVERYONE THAT HITOMI IS A LITTLE… DIFFERENT IN PERSONALITY. THIS IS A AU AFTER ALL. I’LL TRY TO KEEP HER IN CHARACTER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THOUGH!
Disclaimer: said it once I’ll say it again… no owning this show or characters…. He he he how sad!

~*~

Hitomi stopped shrieking as she looked down. The beauty captivated her. The forest was thick with greenery, yet on one side flames engulfed the majestic beauty. Below her a huge lake sat waiting to engulf her. She started to fall at a rapid rate. She wasn’t looking down though… she was looking straight ahead where two guymelefs stood facing each other. Both in the fire and facing off against each other.

Hitomi suddenly shrieked in surprise as a group of blue gunmelefs were flying towards her. She didn’t notice the two gunmelefs were staring at her, and ignoring each other. Hitomi eeped as a sudden shot of silvery goo wrapped around her like a wrap. Hitomi looked down at the stuff as it didn’t harden very much, enough to keep from dribbling down, and NOT ruining her cloths in the slightest way. Yet soft enough not to hurt her… much.

Hitomi looked at the stuff in wonder… it was like… metal. Yet liquid metal. She winced as she banged her arm against the gunmelefs clawed hand like thing. Her glaive though didn’t fall out of her grip. Neither did her bag. Hitomi coughed as she attempted to get her breath back. She looked up at the gunmelefs visor. “thank you.” the gunmelef either didn’t hear her, or he choose to ignore her. Hitomi sighed as she watched the red/black gunmelef and the gunmelef known as Escaflowne fight each other again. (a/n she doesn’t know who these things are and what’s happening… I just don’t want you confruzed!)

Hitomi looked at the gunmelefs in disgust. Or more rather she looked at the white and blue gunmelef in disgust. He could handle the sword very well. Even very professionally really. He could block and all that. Yet slightly sloppily. Hitomi realized that the liquid metal was retracting as they were closer to the ground. She landed cat like and gracefully considering her hands were full. The gunmelefs settled down next to her and the cockpits opened up. Revealing 5 men. The one she was saved by had golden hair. She pulled her glaive to a resting position between her shoulders and neck as she set her bag down. The boys/ men maybe her age or a little older walked towards her with a furrowed eyebrows. Furrowed with fear, anger of confusion Hitomi couldn’t tell so she thought of them all mixed into one emotion. A brown haired man stepped forward, armour adorned each mans body.

Hitomi bowed politely as they nodded in return. Hitomi broke the silence with a sentence. “I’m Hitomi Kanzaki , and you are…?” the men each answered her politely. Still not sure if she was foe or friend. “I’m Miguel.” the golden haired boy smiled faintly. “im Shasta.” Hitomi nodded with appreciation as she looked towards the other boys. They all talked In a monotone voice. “viole, Gatty, and Dallet.” Hitomi nodded and bowed slightly to each man. She looked over at the two fighting gunmelefs. “what’s going on?” Miguel answered instantly. “Dilandou~sama and Allen are fighting.” he spoke Allen with disgust. Hitomi cocked her head. “where are we?” the men looked shocked. “we’re in Gaea right now.” Hitomi shook her head in confusion. “I’ve never been here before. I’m from earth.” the men stared at Hitomi in confusion and she shrugged.

Hitomi would of asked another question but a roar echoed behind them. She whipped around and gaped. There stood a dragon about 50 feet long from tail to nose. A small one but Hitomi didn’t know that! (~_*) she grasped her glaive in her arms and slid easily into a defensive position. The dragon spotted her and if she wasn’t mistaken a couple drops of saliva dribbled down it’s chin. It was a black dragon. She smirked and watched as it quickly closed the gap between them. The boys/men stepped back in awe as the saw the most amazing thing in the world… besides Dilandou when he fought.

Hitomi smirked and back flipped out of it’s range. She ran forwards and sliced the side of the dragons neck. The dragon roared in fury and rage and it’s tail whipped out. She jumped up but the dragon followed her, and the tip brushed against her side, Hitomi shrieked in pain, knowing a bruise would form soon, and yet continued to dodge it. She looked at it’s neck and found what she was looking for. Jumping back a couple of feet she charged towards the point where the dragons neck met it’s chest. Forcing her glaive up, the blades slid easily into the dragons tender flesh. Effectively killing it instantly. The dragon slowly started to turn into ash and blow away into the wind. The only thing Hitomi saw that remained was a light pink ball the shape of her fist, and slightly bigger. She picked it up in wonder and pocketed it secretly.

She turned to the boys and smiled innocently. Then Hitomi shifted her eyes to look at the two fighting gunmelefs. “why are they fighting?” Shesta stared with wide eyes. “didn’t you know! They’re mortal enemies!” Hitomi stared at the two fighting intently. “who’s in what?” Gatty answered immediately. With pride in his voice. “the one red and black gunmelef is our leader Dilandou~sama.” he then spat in disgust. “the one in the white gunmelef is know as Sheherazade. The pilot is known as Allen Schezar.” Hitomi blinked slowly. Her emerald green eyes shining innocently. “what’s so wrong?” Shesta looked appalled. “Allen is the evil man trying to bring down our emperor lord zaibach!” Hitomi rolled her eyes. She gathered her bag and pointed to Dilandou’s gunmelef. “I’d warn him to watch his back. In a minute of so.” Miguel blinked then rapidly jumped into his gunmelef. He contacted Dilandou and warned him. Dilandou must of understood because he blocked his back in time from Allen’s surprise attack.

Shesta stared at Hitomi with wonder. “who are you? And what side are you one?” Hitomi smiled broadly. “I am Hitomi Kanzaki and I’m a 16 year old girl. With the power to sense danger. I have chosen no side. Because this game is pointless. I’m leaving now.”
She watched as the white gunmelef fly off, disappearing into the clouds and out of sight…. Sheherazade started to fly off.

The red and black gunmelef settled nearby and a half crazed looking man jumped out. Hitomi shrugged as she started to walk off, he glaive held protectively in front of herself. She didn’t even go when the man stopped her. He just ran in front of her and Hitomi studied his with a look of disinterest. Even though on the inside her heart fluttered slightly. The boyish male had short~ish/ long~ish stunning white hair. Acrossed his forehead a gold plate like thing with a jewel shining brilliantly in the center. And his eyes… Hitomi stared into his eyes for a couple seconds and liked the coloring of his eyes.

They were a bloody red with a strong fire burning brightly in them. Hitomi blinked. The man smirked sadistically slightly. “who are you?” Hitomi shrugged and with her shoulder pointed to the group of dragonslayers. “ask them.” she stared to walk around him. “the warning…” Hitomi stopped and stared at the boy. “ that warning, was…. Unexpected.” Hitomi shrugged again as she looked around. “her… I think it was… Dilandou, where is the nearest village… or city or whatever you have here?” Dilandou looked around and smirked even more sadistically as he saw his beautiful fire engulfing and killing everything. “a long walk from here. The villages nearby are…. Inaccessible. for awhile.” Hitomi rolled her eyes. “thanks.” she stared to walk off into the forest but once again Dilandou stopped her. “where are you going girl?”

Hitomi sneered. “my name is Hitomi. Hi-to-mi. use it. And for your question. I need to find a place for the time being to stay. So I can figure a way out of here-” She sighed. “And get some help here.” Hitomi blew her bangs out of her face. Shesta stepped forwards. He kneeled to Dilandou and shakily stated. “w-why doesn’t s-s-she come w-with us. Dilandou~sama. S-she D-DID save your l-l-life!” Dilandou seemed to ponder it for a minute as he looked into the flames. “fine.” he turned to his Alseides gunmelef and entered it. Before the door closed he turned to them. “coming?” the five dragonslayers quickly entered their gunmelefs and got ready. Hitomi stared shakily at Dilandau with a loom of questioning. He ground out. “climb onto this Alseides shoulder where a bar is at. Then hang on.” Hitomi sighed as she jumped up gracefully. She spotted the bar and gripped it just in time as Dilandau took off.

Hitomi eeped as her stomach felt like it was dropping…

Hitomi watched in fascination as she looked at the ground, being able to finally look down without worries of falling… maybe she spoke to soon.

A white and blue gunmelef stood in midair (Allen), yet again. He must of been “talking” to Dilandou because they stood still facing each other. The white gunmelef charged forward and scarcely missed Alseides’s side. The other one from which Hitomi stood tightly holding onto. The white and blue gunmelef must not of seen Hitomi ‘cause that is where he attacked next with his sword. Hitomi screamed as the blade rapidly drew closer. Not in fear. Well yes slightly in fear, but mostly in shock as the red and black gunmelef she was holding onto flew to the side, so his other shoulder took the blow. The sudden movement through her off. She stared in horror as the two gunmelefs were rapidly moving up, or she was moving down she couldn’t tell… but she could tell that her pocket lost it’s bulge as the dragons stone flew down and towards the ground.

~*~Dilandou’s pov~*~

I stared insanely as the sword was slowly moving towards where Hitomi was. that girl was going to be killed. he switched around and took the blow to his other shoulder. A scream pierced the air and the two gunmelefs looked around… then down. There Hitomi was falling rapidly (A/n, I like the word rapidly. So I know im using it lots!) she had a look of horror in her eyes. Even though I felt my shoulder burning from whence the sword hit me. All I saw was the strange girl.. Hitomi falling… and what?!? A energy stone fell out of her pocket and down below. Where a black shape stood.

~*~my pov!~*~

Hitomi looked down and gasped, even as difficult as it was. She did. There in the mountains off to the side a black object was rapidly closing in onto her. She whipped her eyes shut and waited for pain… but none came. Only a soft thump and she wasn’t falling anymore. She peeked one eye open and then the other and looked into the sky. The two gunmelefs at least two hundred feet above her. She looked around and gasped. Her waist was being clutched by something hard and felt like plates. She looked forward and shrieked in fear. Their…. A dragon face stood looking at her intently. It was a pure black in color and wings spread a giant wingspan, with gold glowing eyes, and red plates spread out in a perfect pattern. partly shielding the dragons torso. She realized something… two things actually. He (the dragon) looked exactly like the dragon Escaflowne turned into. Yet he was black and slightly shorted then Escaflowne.

Hitomi looked and spotted a word in kanji. She tilted her face and read it slowly. “Kassatsu…?” the dragon slowly nodded and lightly flapped. Instead of scales the dragon had black plate like armour (like Escaflowne) the dragon slowly moved Hitomi under it and nearly curled up around her except its wings stayed stretched out. Hitomi small a slightly glowing ball and gasped. It was the stone she had taken from the dead dragon.

She shakily pulled a hand free and shifted towards the stone. Stopping her hand right in front of it she stared with uncertainty. the dragon’s newly discovered claws gently wrapped around her and pulled her forwards, aware of the bruise in her side and made her touch it. Hitomi gasped as the dragon started to shift. Hitomi felt her energy drain and she started to slump forward. The dragon at the last minute uncurled and arched, it’s tail touched it’s neck and Hitomi was set gently onto the dragons neck, where a groove stood smooth with a spot for someone to sit in. Hitomi slumped forward and her eyes lazily opened. There right in front of her, her bag and glaive sat! in perfect condition. Hitomi scooted forward and gripped the dragon tightly with a vice like grip. Her items trapped between the dragon. And her body.

The dragon shot up and forward, straight towards the white and blue gunmelef. It’s mouth opened and out shot a blazing… no scorching fire engulfed allen’s gunmelef. It continued towards the white + blue gunmelef completely ignorant of the Alseides. It wrapped around the Sheherazade, and it’s claws gripped the Sheherazade’s head. It’s head was curved from behind the Sheherazade and was looking down at it. Still aware of Hitomi, who was nearly laying on his neck. (an… it IS a male now…. Well rhetorically speaking. I mean the surprise is later!) she was laying in a daze, aware of everything… yet not really. She looked ahead and spotted Alseides. She tiredly smiled and waved. In a whispered voice she spoke. Thanks to Alseides Dilandou could here her. “meet Kassatsu gunmelef….” Hitomi rested her head again and looked down kassatsu’s head. She spotted the Sheherazade between his claws. She shook her head tiredly. “Iee. Kassatsu, let him live. No one should die for being innocent.” Kassatsu slowly released the Sheherazade’s head and unwound it’s body. He started to glide towards Alseides. The red gunmelef stared at her through it’s visor and it slowly turned. Where it stared to fly forwards. It turned slightly towards Hitomi and motioned for her to follow.

~*~END~*~