Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ The Oracle Of The Phoenix ❯ The Watchful Eye ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

 

The Watchful Eye

 

 

*****

 

 

Hitomi was lying in a cell on the floor. For the first while she kept banding on the bars and kicking at them. Then Dilandau tied her ankles to her thighs, so that she was kneeling in a very uncomfortable position. He then tied her hands up behind her so that he fingers were rendered useless. Although he bounded her hopeless, he didn't gage her………yet.

 

`Listen, I'm sure you don't need to keep me in here and with such savagery. I don't need this. I'm very sore tied like this. Can't you let me go? You seem like a nice guy, why would you tie me up in here like I was an animal?' She complained in a whining voice.

 

`Would ye shut up?'

 

`NO! This is mad! You should be put in jail for this. I'll make sure of it.'

 

The door opened to the cell and Hitomi shut up.

 

`Pitiful, ye land loving brats never learn.' He kicked her in the side of the face and she fell in a very painful position. Even more than the one she already was in.

 

Her cheek was already starting to swell and tears were threatening to fall. `Ow.' She whispered.

 

`What was that ye said?' Dilandau said brazenly. `Did I hurt ye? Good. Maybe then you'll listen.'

 

`Listen to what?' she sobbed. She was lying on her side and her dress was almost showing too much. She was wishing now that she had of stayed in her dress.

 

`Well,' He said squatting down beside her head, `yer a very important part of this………world.'

 

`I am?'

 

`Unlike that other twerp that came here years ago, yer actually are the prophet, she jus' told us about you, then we made her walk the plank.' Dilandau recollected and a smiled played on his face.

 

`You're going to kill me if I don't "help" you out is that it?'

 

`Naw. I'm going ta kill ye either way, yer goin' ta help me actually, then I'm goin' ta kill ye.' He laughed slightly.

 

`Heh, heh, heh………' Hitomi laughed nervously. `I'm sure you don't need to kill me, I'll help you with whatever you need.' She pleaded.

 

`I don' need yer input on the conversation girl.' He grabbed a piece of cloth from his pocket and started to shove it in her mouth. The last understandable words were `No it can't be sanitary………' then he tied another piece of cloth around her head and mouth to prevent her from spitting it out.

 

`That's much better. Now listen carefully, there is a treasure out there, and ye need that necklace around yer pretty little neck.'

 

Hitomi attempted at saying something but it only came out in a mumble.

 

`That girl told us ye were coming, the prophet she said, the one who will find the treasure of the Phoenix Ocean. The one is ye.' Hitomi mumbled again and it resembled the words "A treasure?" He cheek was even more swelled and was slowly making her vision in her right eye go blurry.

 

`Well, as long and we be clear on that.' He got up and left. `Have a nice sleep.' He said snidely. As soon as he two other men came down and for the first time, she noticed another figure in the cell beside her. The two med sat idly near the cells backs turned and were talking loudly.

 

`Hey!' Hitomi heard the whisper. She tried looking with her let eye and saw the covered figure moving closer to her on the other side of the bars.

 

`Shhh.' The figure whispered again, but Hitomi could barely hear her. The figure stuck its arms through the bars and started to work on the ropes that bound her hands in place. It was tough; the figure was pressed against the bars so that it was just touching the rope enough to untie it. Once freed of the ropes, Hitomi started working on her ankles, which was pretty hard. She untied the bind around her head and spit out the gage that was inside her mouth and sucked in partially fresh air.

 

`Who are you?' asked Hitomi in a hushed voice. `I mean thank-you.'

 

`I'm Galaphile.'

 

I'm Hitomi.' She whispered back.

 

`I'm sure ye met Arrow righ'?' Hitomi made an angry face.

 

`Yes. I know her. That's why I'm in this mess.' Galaphile laughed and removed his hood. Hitomi stared at him. He had long hair. Down to his backside and was in a loose ponytail. It was light grey in color, but he wasn't old. He was older than Hitomi by about five or six years. He had high cheekbones and dark, dark eyes. His lips were thin and he had a very thin nose. He wore black cloths, pants and shirt and shoes and the cloak he was wearing. In Hitomi's opinion, he was very, very attractive.

 

`Oh?' He whispered to her, interest clearly in his voice.

 

`She sold me!' Hitomi said her voice raised.

 

`Shhh……… don' worry, I was one of her crewmembers, and she called me too proper, not fit for a pirate. I didn't fight too well either. I knew how to fight mind ye, but I screwed up and she locked me in here. I can' blame her, she's crazy or close to it and then I heard fighting and then there was Dilandau. He keeps feedin' me for some reason. I guess he wants me alive.'

 

`Probably wants someone to torment.' Hitomi shrugged.

 

`Shut up both of ye!' one of the pirates that were guarding. Hitomi looked back at Galaphile.

 

`We have to get out of here before he uses me and then kills me.' Hitomi says.

 

`Don't think like that. Dilandau won't kill you until he knows that he has all the treasure he can get, and then yes he'd probably kill ye.'

 

`Come on! We can get out. You helped me and I'll help you know. I'll Dilandau that him that I won't take him to his treasure unless he lets me go. And I'll make sure he'll let you go too!'

 

`He don' make deals'

 

`Well, I'm sure we'll think of something, I'm sure we have a lot of time.' Hitomi turned around and leaned on the bars, back facing Galaphile.

 

`I think yer righ'.' He said. `Get some sleep, ye'll need it.'

 

Hitomi took his advice and lay down on her left cheek, her other one, where Dilandau had kicked her, was really starting to hurt. She was sure she could trust him; he was so much more proper than the others that she had met. He also wasn't an insane freak that would flip a coin in trade for her life.

 

 

*****

 

 

AH HA the plot thickens………uh ok maybe not. Anyway tells me whatcha thought about it. Leave reviews WA HA, HA MY GASOLINE! Ahem anyway

 

 

REVIEW

 

Yours truly,

 

Sweet roses