Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Alone ❯ Fortitude ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Flame of Recca is the property of Nobuyuki Anzai as Weiβ Kreuz is owned by Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiβ.
 
WK/FoR Crossover: Beautiful Alone
 
Chapter 4: Fortitude
 
She's gone...
 
With just a few exchange of words (an argument actually), they took her away from me.
 
After picking myself up from my distraught state in the alley, I returned to the room where I left Ganko. But instead of finding her there, someone else was there. A woman from Child Services. At first, things started off civilly. Sparks flew as her eyes were looking at me as if I were some juvenile delinquent. She must've gotten a hold on my school profile. But when she told me that they were taking her now, I threw a fit.
 
I fought. I told her how this little girl needs me. I told her that she was the only one I have left. But it wasn't enough. I even tried to get a punch in when I held her by the collar. I was immediately pulled away by the guard inside the room.
 
When she left the room, I was about to follow her out to at least try to see Ganko but they must've thought I was going to assault her again and I was restrained by a police officer from leaving the room. I heard her cries from the other side of the wall. She was calling my name.
 
"Fuuko-neechan!"
 
I called back. I pleaded them to let me at least say goodbye. But I guess my outrage made them think twice.
 
I really wanted to hurt that woman. She spoke haughtily and was condescending as we conversed. And to think she was working for Child Services...
 
She also told me that I was to be sent to a foster home since I was underage. But then she suggested that I behave so that I wouldn't be thrown out by my foster family. That time I clenched my fists so tightly that my palms were starting to bleed.
 
When they took their leave, taking the only family I had left, I sunk to my knees in defeat. I didn't cry this time. But I was very, very tired.
 
My breakdown that morning took a lot of energy from me. And after the final blow from my conversation with that woman, I felt all the energy sucked out from my body.
 
I sat on the same bench I was brooding on last night after the fire. I was in the same state and had the same blank look on my face.
 
Cynical... The human race was judgmental and cynical.
 
I didn't let myself get lost in thought so the numbness started settling in. No feeling stirred. Just like a doll, I sat without flinching for the next hour.
 
The whole hour went by. Nobody bothered to come near me. They probably thought I'd bite their heads off after seeing me loose my temper. I was in control of myself this morning. I was handling the lawyer well, too. But after speaking with that provoking bitch, self-control flew out the window.
 
A tap on my shoulder had me awakened from my brooding. The same red hair, red suit, red shoes...
 
"Kitada-san..." I muttered.
 
"I was told of what happened. Sorry... I should've been there to back you up but I was called by my superior," her voice sounded sincere enough for me to keep listening.
 
"That woman had been causing trouble with most of the people she meets with..." she sighed and sat down beside me.
 
I kept silent. I couldn't find anything to say. So she kept talking.
 
"You know, it wouldn't be so bad living in a foster home. It's only for a year and a few months... Until you're 18. I lived my childhood in an orphanage 'til I was 18. Better to have a foster family than being stuck in an orphanage..."
 
I was listening. But I really wasn't interested. Her effort to get my mind out of the gutter was a failure but I appreciated it. So I let the corners of my lips form a small smile.
 
"It's okay, Kitada-san... I'm all right. But I don't think I'd be able to live with strangers..." I said with my voice fading with that last sentence.
 
"I offered you a place to stay for a while. But don't think those people will let you live on your own. They'll probably hunt you down. You have little money in your trust fund according to your father's lawyer. You can't live without financial support."
 
I knew those things already. But I don't want to rely on the bureau to provide me my basic needs knowing there were strings attached. I wasn't willing to let myself be manipulated by the system.
 
"Kitada-san, do you have any idea how it's like to be on a battle ring, fighting for your life and for another's? How each wound your opponent inflicted upon you, hurt to the point of seeing your whole life flash before your eyes? And knowing that everything that you do in that ring is just for the sake of entertaining a bunch of no good elitists who treat you like animals?"
 
She turned her head to meet my face that was blank and unreadable. Though I know she could see my eyes flicker with pent up anger.
 
"I won't let myself be subjected to that again by a different system," my voice started to find its determination again. I might have lost Ganko but hopefully not for long. I was determined to get her back.
 
The woman in red looked at me with a curious gaze.
 
"Well," her curious stare changed into a knowing smirk. I had no idea what was going through her head. It was my turn to look at her curiously.
 
"I just maybe able to help with that..." she placed her hand on top of my shoulder.
 
I raised my brows in interest. Why would a law enforcement officer bend rules to help me?
 
I decided not to doubt her intentions. Whatever help she will be offering, I'd take it. Hopefully I wouldn't regret anything later on.
 
“So…” I tested my words.
 
“What exactly are you offering?”
 
…to be continued.
 
A/N: And there we start the next act. I'm progressing very slowly here but hopefully this plot point would draw more readers in… I want my old readers back. Is it starting to make sense? Is there a lack of drama in this chapter? I need feedback. Review please!
 
>Anna-san