Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire and Wereanimal Politics ❯ Whats your claim to not quite Humanity? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

I was scared as hell; it seemed it might become a permanent thing for the night, maybe longer at the rate I was going.

Omi's eyes widened a bit as he glimpsed the fear in mine. "Serena, please calm down." His hand reached out for me.

"Omi, what's happening to me? What are these, these," I was having a hard time figuring them out in my panic. "These sounds?" I moved farther away and the noise died down quite a bit. I could pick out different sounds, instruments. I currently heard a bell, a gong and drums, an orchestra, just incomplete.

Omi, his eyes flooded with concern, stepped closer to me. A tiny bell like the bell on a cat collar, pushed it's way forward in my mind, until the prominent sound was the tiny bell.

"Step back, please." I whispered. He responded and even backed up a bit for me. The bell receded.

"Omi, what are you? Something isn't right." I was confused but was beginning to get an inkling of something.

Omi replied, "I don't know for sure, but I believe it has something to do with your belief system changing in some way. As if you believe in something you never had before."

I was being to get slightly hysterical. "What is it? What do I now believe in? What, Omi?! What are you?"

"I don't know, Sere. Maybe you're just more open minded now." Omi said gently.

"I will only ask you one more time, Omi. You don't want me getting angry with you." My voice had taken on a hard, sharp edge. One that might have made the stranger proud.

His shoulders sagged as he drew in breath to reply. "I'm a were, and have been for most of my life."

"A were?" I looked questioning at him.

"I'm a were animal, a leopard. I turn into a mass of fur, claws and teeth once a month. Remember when we had gone camping that first time with Nonna? When I wondered off and no one could find me for a while. I had been attacked by a giant black cat. I had blood running down my body something fierce. The leopard changed right before my eyes, into a man. He threatened to kill Lantis and Nonna and me if I didn't cooperate. He said he would make you one of him. All I had to do was say nothing." I could see the tears streaming down his face as he continued on.

"Oh, god, I'm so sorry," I hugged him. It almost felt as if I would lose him forever if I didn't hold on to him tightly. I didn't know what else to say so I left it alone, for a few more moments. "Omi, who was it?"

The steel was back and making my voice hard as hell.

"It doesn't matter, Trowa, my Ninmre-raj, pard leader, took care of the bastard a few years back. He made sure the man never got close to my family." His eyes glittered with something I couldn't name.

"Trowa's a good guy. We, the pard, are very lucky to have him as our Ninmre-raj. He challenged the old leader, and won. We are no longer every one's meat." There was conviction in his face that made me feel, somehow, proud of him. Omi then closed himself off from me.

It kinda hurt, but it also gave me the opportunity to do some math. He had been seven when the incident had happened, shit. For thirteen years he dealt with it and I had no clue. Needless to say I was beginning to get very irritated by what they had never bothered to inform me of.

I gave him a big hug before I moved on to our older brother. The bell started to fade as a gong became much more prominent and in the forefront.

I stopped right in front of him, swaying a bit, and stared straight into his shielded deep eyes. "Ok, your turn, Lantis."

"I'm your common werewolf. I have been since I was nine. Since the day Mom and Dad were killed. I was left for dead by the creature. It didn't know you were upstairs with Omi, napping. You were the one to find me."

He watched my face as I struggled. Struggled to keep a lock on the box of my memories in my head. I won but only after several moments. I didn't think those would help me right now.

"My pack leader was killed in a car accident, not that we believed it was an accident. The killer became pack leader and made us all in to every one's meat. We weren't allowed to defend ourselves against whatever he had planned."

"We are rallying behind Himura Kenshin, the second in command. He is a fair man and we hope soon he will be strong enough to save us all."

Lantis began to back off before he finished his long piece. I think he said more in the last hour then I can remember in the last six months or so. Not good.

They were in a loose circle around me again, the sounds were all in the background as I forced myself to think. For 20 years Lantis had to deal with this, and yet again I had no clue. They really need to stop doing that to me.

I took a step toward the man. He took a corresponding step back. And another. His steps echoed mine until he stood at the edge of my staircase.

"The stairs are your next step." I informed him.

His velvety voice slid over my skin, making me wish I could just wrap myself up in its comforting warmth as he replied, "I know." There was a wealth of knowledge in the response.

I held my breath as I took that step, the one that made him choose. Going down or standing his ground. He stayed put. I came to stop when my face couldn't have been more then three inches away from his chest. I could have kissed him if I was so inclined, the fact that I was but didn't do it, proved that I was a good girl. Not that I didn't sorta regret not doing it.

I had to tilt my head back to see his gorgeous purply eyes. The eyes made of cold amethyst had thawed greatly and it made a great difference to his appearance. His hair, darker then blood, hung long in front and around his eyes but cut short in the back.

I reached my left hand out to stroke the glossy hair so close to my face. As I did so, I began to hear a beat. A steady fast drum beat in my head, one I had managed to ignore as I had stared at him. "What's your claim to not quite humanity?" I asked as I ran my fingers through his oh, so incredibly soft hair.

"My heart is trying to match the beat set by the tom-toms in my head. It's so fast." I whispered up to him.

"I really don't think you should be doing this, Miss Serena," He said in a hushed voice.

"It's Ms." I replied, with out thinking. That jolted me out of my little world. I looked at him, really looked at him, and blushed sheepishly.

"What are you?" There was an edge, panic, in my voice.

"They call my kind of magic necromancy. I raise the dead. And slay them." His voice took on a chill. "I'm your friendly neighborhood vampire hunter/executioner. Believe me, vampires are real. And they are legal. A few months ago, I could kill one and not come up on charges. If I killed one now without an order of execution, then I would be charged with murder." The chill traveled from his voice to crawl down my spine.

"That's what they were, weren't they? The men tonight, they were vampires?" Not good, so not good. I was beginning to believe that vampires existed. And were legal citizens.

Omi broke from the loose circle, to give me a hug. Maybe they thought tonight had been too much for me. What it was beginning to do was piss me off. I broke away from Omi and stared at the stranger.

"What is your name?" The panic was replaced by something harder, something uncaring and I couldn't figure it out. I had made up my mind and determination wasn't about to let me back down with out all my answers.

"Fujimiya, Aya Fujimiya." He finally answered that question. The name meant something to me and I had to take a moment to think about it.

"Your name isn't Aya. Aya was in my art classes in high school, every art class we could get into, together, we took. I know Aya and there is no way you are Aya. Because there is no way you are female." Steel, cold and sharp was how my voice felt, even to me, as if my voice could become a sword and slice at things, at people like him.

"Aya was my little sister. She was attacked by vampires a few years ago. One decided that I had done in too many of his flunkies and went after what was near and dear to my heart. He almost finished her off. Your Darien is the master of the city. The head blood sucker. The one most of the vamps in the city call master. He is an evil son of a bitch. And he almost killed my little sister. Almost made her one of them, only because she was my sister and it would hurt me to do so!" He was beginning to shout and I was getting ready to jump him if he moved. He was a scary thing to behold, when he was angry.

"Teach me." The startled look was there for all to see before he could go blank.

"No."

"Yes. If I'm going to hunt down that bastard then I need help. I need to know how. I want to, I need to do this. Please, help me." I was almost ready to cry, to beg, if need be.

"The only way I'll even consider it, is if you can promise me that you will follow my every order. Never question those orders until the end of the ordeal. The only thing I can guarantee is that you will see more blood and violence then you ever thought possible. I can't even guarantee that you or I will live through this, or that we will even get the vampire." His voice went from bland to passionate. I knew that he meant what he was saying and that I had better be dead serious.

"Sere, I really don't think this is a good idea." Omi had his hand on my shoulder, almost as if to keep me from leaving.

"I forbid you to go, Serena!" Big brothers will never change. "Or, at least, please let Omi and I take care of it. But don't go, we don't want to lose you as we did Nonna." His eyes welled up with sadness and it overflowed to his face. If I hadn't known any better, I would have thought

Lantis was going to cry.

"I'll be fine, trust me. This is something I feel I have to do. It was my fault so I need to fix this. This will be my good-bye to Nonna." My way to atone for all the things I hadn't known and subsequently put both me and my brothers in danger. Nothing short of death was going to stop me.