Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Object of Desire ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: Gomen ne for making u wait Imuoto-chan, it took me long enough ne.

Object of Desire

Usagi knocked on the door to the Peacecraft residence, tapping her foot, waiting for someone to answer, a little impatient due to the fact that she was in a hurry to give Yuuichirou the Casablanca's before they began to wilt. "Any day now…….." She mumbled, rolling her eyes.

The door finally opened a few minutes later, and an elderly bald headed man with a white mustache answered the door. "May I help you Ms." The butler asked, eyeing Usagi.

Usagi stood up straighter, clearing her thought. "A delivery for Ririna Peacecraft sir." She said in a sophisticated tone, holding out the bouquet of roses.

The butler took them. "Thank you." He said, and went back into the mansion without waiting for a reply.

"Your welcome." Usagi muttered, frowning slightly at his low manners, and headed for the Hikawa Shine.

Duo paced back and forth around the American Restaurant that he owned, frustrated from the comment Yohji had given him. Usagi was going on a date with him. How stupid of him not to have asked her first when he had the chance. "He's nothing but a playboy." He shook his head, saying the words with a mixture of distaste.

"Who's a playboy?" Makoto asked, walking out of the kitchen to take her fifth teen minute break.

Duo grinned sarcastically at her, and sat down at a booth, resting his chin in his palm. "This guy that works at Kitty in the House."

"You mean that flower shop that always has a lot of girl customers?" The brown haired girl asked as she got a soda from the cooler.

"Hai." The braided youth nodded. "Would you grab me a soda too Mako-chan."

"Sure." She answered, grabbing another bottle of Coka-Cola, and headed towards his table. "What's his name?" She asked, handing him the beverage, and sat down in front of him.

"Yohji."

Makoto arched an eyebrow at the name. "Yohji ne."

Duo nodded. "Know him?"

"Iie. I've heard the name before. My former next door neighbor Asuka used to be his partner."

"Partner?" Duo raised his eye brows, interested.

"Hai, they were detectives."

"Hmmmm………." He was about to ask more when a group of jocks came walking in.

"Looks like my break is over." Makoto sighed, reluctantly getting up, and walking back to the kitchen. She was after all, the head chef.

He watched her leave, and sat there moment thinking. 'Asuka?' Who was she? He'd find out later, for now, he had a restaurant to attend to, since he was the owner. "Hilde, you have some customers on table seven." He pointed to the four guys sitting at a table, laughing about something, as he got up, passing by the dark haired girl who was one of his waitresses, walking back to the cash register.

"Hai." Hilde said, picking up her note pad. "Mako-chan is obsessed with thinking that her boyfriend is cheating on her, you know, the one in England."

"Yeah, yeah, tell me about it later. Get to work." Duo chuckled, knowing Hilde was trying to get his attention, as always. But he didn't have any interest in her; to him she was just a friend, sort of. He let out a long breath, and looked though his account book, not bothering to check if Hilde was serving the customers, his mind was on Usagi.

"How do I look Luna?" Usagi asked, staring at her image in the mirror.

The small feline eyed her, smiling faintly. "You look great Usagi-chan." She stated, studying the girl's outfit, which was a simple white spaghetti strap dress, short skirted, with white sandals. "Do you have a hot date?" Luna added humorously, glad to see Usagi happy the way she used to be.

Usagi blushed at the comment, and bowed her head. "Sort of." She chuckled. Luna grinned, about to ask with whom, when the door bell rang to their apartment. "That's my date, I'll tell you about it later. Ja ne." She said, before grabbing her purse, and heading for the door.

"Feel like American food tonight gorgeous?" Yohji asked his date as he opened the passenger's door to his white car, gesturing for her to climb in.

"Sure." Usagi smiled at him, and got in, waiting while he walked around to the driver's side and got in himself.

"Good, I know just the place." He smirked as he started the car.

Duo sighed, tired, the restaurant had been very busy that day. "Just a few more hours." He said to no one in particular, noticing that the sun had just set.

"Yeah." Makoto agreed, coming up behind him.

He glanced at her, then back at the place, leaning against the counter. "So what's up with your boyfriend Scott?" He had to ask, curious if she really was all that jealous.

Makoto shrugged. "Studying I guess." She said flatly.

"You mean cheating............." Duo raised an eyebrow.

"Iie." The browned haired girl frowned. "I think…………..USAGI!" She smiled.

Duo's attention was instantly on the couple that just walked in, eyeing them as they made their way to a table. He watched as Yohji seated her, and then sat right across from her. The playboy must have noticed the glare Duo was giving him, because all he did was meet his gaze with a smirk.

"It's a challenge Yohji." Duo said to himself, before approaching them.