Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Reload Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Great Glare-Off ❯ And the winner is... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(peeks up from behind the sofa, the missiles no longer flying) Wow, done already. Alright, we've reached the necessary number, and I know you people have waited long enough. So… on to the winners!
 
Standard disclaimer: we still do not own Weiß Kreuz, nor do we own Gundam Wing or Saiyuki. Much to our dismay.
 
 
“What is taking them so long?” Heero paced back and forth, Sanzo was leaning against one wall with Ran against the opposite one. They had been stuck in this room for an unknown amount of time. During that time, they had managed to figure out that their respective glares were being compared against one another. Heero gazed at the door, willing it to open. To his surprise, it finally worked. In filed Goku, Duo and Ken, each one looking a little sheepish. Duo spoke up, evidently their representative.
 
“Well, we finally reached a decision. The person with the best glare is…” Duo paused, smirking slightly now that he had their attention. “Why don't we start with third place instead.”
 
Goku muttered something under his breath, refusing to repeat it when Sanzo asked.
 
“Right, since no one objected,” Duo rubbed his hands together, perking up when no one tried to kill him. “Sanzo, you have a good glare, really you do. But it didn't seem like you really cared about this whole thing. And from what we've heard from Goku, you just don't care about a lot of stuff. So, good on the threat, good on the follow-through, very bad on the passion behind it. You get third.”
 
“Sorry Sanzo,” Goku mumbled, wringing his hands as he waited for Sanzo's reaction.
 
“Keh!” Sanzo turned his head, eyes closing in disdain.
 
Ran and Heero glanced at eachother, their eyebrows raised, both wondering just who had won.
 
“Alright, now for the two of you.” Ran and Heero turned, facing Duo, their eyes twin icicles. “Jeez guys, save it for later. Alright,” Duo heaved a sigh, wondering how come he was the one to speak. “The both of you have really great glares. You've got that cold anger thing nailed and the promise of imminent pain, if not death, is quite apparent.” Duo rubbed the back of his neck, feeling as though he was in someone's crosshairs. He was very correct.
 
“It was very difficult trying to decide between the two of you,” Ken spoke up, saving Duo from some of the wrath directed their way. “But, eventually, we did managed to figure out just who was better. Sorry Ran.” Ken smiled sheepishly, shrugging.
 
“Yep, in a close, very close battle, Ran gets second place and first place goes to the Hero of Humanity, the Savior of Earth, Heero Yuy.” Duo mock bowed, face split by a wide grin, enjoying himself thoroughly. “And don't you dare glare at me any more.”
 
“Congratulations.” Kanzeon smirked, appearing in the doorway. “I knew this would be fun. Now, all of you have your respective missions to get back to; don't let me get in the way.” She smirked once more, vanishing as suddenly as she appeared.
 
“And just how,” Heero grated out through clenched teeth, “are we supposed to do that?”
 
“I shall assist you in that, Yuy-san,” Kanzeon's assistant, Jiro Shin, bowed slightly from where he stood, just on the other side of the door. “Along with your companions, Maxwell-san and Chang-san. Fujimiya-san and Hidaka-san, I shall send you to your world as soon as I return these three young men. Please wait here until then.” Jiro bowed once more, gesturing for Heero and Duo to follow him. He slowly walked away, waiting until the two were indeed following before returning to his normal pace.
 
“When we get back,” Heero promised Duo, “we are going to have a long talk.”
 
“Whatever you say Heero-buddy!” Duo's grin widened, proving the impossible was surprisingly possible. Heero merely glared, promising himself he'd get back at the trickster.
 
Several minutes later, tense ones for Goku and Ken, Jiro returned, escorting the two Weiß agents back to their world. Silence once more reigned in that small room as Sanzo stared at Goku's bowed head.
 
Sanzo was the first to break the silence. “Let's go. This little side trip has cost us time.” He strode out, brushing past a startled Goku.
 
“You're not angry with me?” Goku hurried, walking beside Sanzo, peering up anxiously.
 
“Why should I be? You're not the one to plan this.” The two fell silent once more as they walked down the hallway, eventually arriving at the entrance room. Hakkai and Goyjo were packing up the last Mahjong tiles, Goyjo complaining loudly.
 
“I can't believe that little twerp beat both of us! He couldn't have been older than Goku! Just how …” Goyjo continued to sputter, Hakkai just absently smiling.
 
“Now now, we were the one to agree to those rules,” he tried to pacify the red-head, Hakuryu chirruping in agreement.
 
“Feh! Now the damn dragon's turned on me.” Goyjo dragged out a cigarette, lighting it as the four left the temple. He took a deep drag, slowly blowing the smoke up into the air. “How far to the next town?”
 
“Yeah, I'm getting hungry!”
 
Amidst their usual bickering the four resumed their journey west, secretly glad for the small break.
 
 
A/N
That's it. And nobody complain about the winners; remember, you voted! Hopefully there won't be any more silliness coming from the two of us for a while; we both have other fics we're working on. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I did find rules online for a three-person game of Mahjong, so it is possible for just Hakkai, Goyjo and Wufei to play without a fourth.
 
Ja ne!