Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Memento Mori ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Make God suffer by hurting those he loved, what an idiotic notion! Tatsumi paused in the shadowed doorway and adjusted his glasses. Yes, that Farfarello was a classic example of utter insanity and it would be best to simply ignore his rantings. Tatsumi never considered himself malicious. Tight-fisted, heartless, but never malicious. He always had a reason for completely destroying someone.
 
Well...
 
Usually.
 
He stepped out onto the dimly lit platform and peered around the room. “Good evening ladies and gentlemen-”
 
There was a loud and pointed clearing of the throat from the front row.
 
“And neither,” he conceded. “Welcome to our weekly auction.
 
“The first set up for bid is a true rarity. I received it in exchange for writing off a rather large over-expenditure of funds for personal reasons from two of our Shinigami in Hokkaido. It sounds much better than 'I confiscated it', doesn't it?” He paused for the polite titter, knowing everyone in his shadowed audience was instantly intrigued.: the secretary was not known for beating around the bush. “It had my personal guarantee of the highest quality.” The murmurs steadily increased. “However...”
 
Here Tatsumi produced a convincing expression of regret. “Our rules forbid display of pictures prior to bidding.”
 
“Y'all could at least give us somethin' to go on!” The brown-haired secretary nodded towards the voice.
 
“Indeed. This collection of pictures features a single person. His blond hair and rare eyes create an illusion of innocence, although in reality he has a tendency to be antisocial and ill-mannered. He has, on occasion, been witnessed wielding a firearm. My apologies, but that is all I can say. We will start the bidding at ten thou-”
 
“One million!”
 
Tatsumi smirked. “Thank you Kanzeon-sama. Do I hear 1.1 million yen? 1.1, do I hear 1.2?”
 
“One and a half.”
 
“One and a half million to Homura-san. Do I hear-”
 
“Two.”
 
“Two million to Mister Hazel-”
 
“Three.”
 
Three million to Hom-”
 
“Throw in the contact information of the artist for 5 million.”
 
“Five million, going once, going twice, sold to Kanzeon-sama for five million yen.”
 
'It's not Konzen,' Kanzeon thought, a smile playing at the edge of her (His? Its?) lips at the disgruntled faces of the other bidders, 'but he will do.' The smile grew into a delightfully evil smirk after the first few pictures. She/he idly glanced at the contact card Tatsumi slipped into the packet. 'Looks like I'll need to send some extremely good luck to this Tsukiyono. Mmmm.. such a delicious model...'
 
xx
 
Somewhere, Hisoka sneezed.
 
xx
 
“Next item up for bid is an exquisite set of virtually unbreakable handcuffs, intricately designed and crafted by Dragon-Lord himself...