Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ "Owari" The Sequel to "Midnight Dies" ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Owari"

A Schwarz tai Weiss Story, and the Sequel to "Midnight Dies"

Here it is, Menithe, Owari, just like I told you. The magical notebook-o-fiction is starting to give up it's secrets. and It might end up containing the next three chapters of "Demonology 101" with the way my brain has been stuck on it recently.
And, to all other reviewer's : I love you too.

-+-

Crawford let Youji, who was a fair bit more intoxicated that he was, use his shoulder as a crutch. He still hadn't figured out exactly why he'd let the blond talk him into this whole outing. Or dressing like he had. Or into wearing his infrequently used contacts, for that matter. For some reason the blond man was extremely talented at drawing out of character behaviors from him.

"Ne, Braddy?" The blonde's alcohol slurred voice interrupted Crawford's thoughts. "Why so serious?"

"Just thinking, Youji." He shook his head, smirking slightly.

"Shouldn't think while you're drunk. makes you depressed." Youji swayed on his feet, clinging to the American for balance. "You're good for keeping upright."

"Nice to know I'm appreciated." Crawford had to make three distinct attempts to get the key into the lock, then had to pause and regroup before he managed to get the key to turn.

"I appreciated your ass in those pants, remember?" The trashed blond didn't seem to be phased by the fact that a sober Brad would have hit him for such comments.

"I happen to remember you groping it." There was a frown on his face as he shoved the door open with what was far more effort that Crawford remembered it to require.

"Touch is a form of appreciation." The slurred declaration by the blonde was accompanied by a slim fingered hand in Brad's hair. "I appreciate your hair, all soft and shiny." Then the fingers drifted down, brushing softly over the lids of his eyes. "And your eyes, cause they're all dark and knowing." The appreciation would have continued if they hadn't been walking through the Pet Shop's backroom, where they ran into a pile of boxes. The stack went tumbling to the ground, the tin cans scattering from several of the open lids.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ken shifted, trying to guide Schuldig's mouth downward faster than the Telepath was obviously intending to move, judging by the judicious amount of attention he was paying to the soccer player's abdomen. Things would have continued on that course if the crash downstairs hadn't happened. "No, Schuu," Ken reached for his lover when he pulled away. //Ignore it.//

//But it's Crawford and Youji.// Schuldig grabbed the extended hand. "Let's go check it out." //Crawford's Toasted.// Ken gave up and grabbed his visor from the nightstand before reaching for his pants and following Schuldig out into the hallway. It was an easy trip downstairs to the backroom, where they found Youji and Crawford in a heap on the floor, surrounded by cans of dog food. Schuldig made no effort to stop the laughter that boiled into his chest, clinging to Ken as both of them nearly collapsed with mirth.

"Crawford, I didn't know you had it in you." Aya growled, quietly padding down the stairs. Both the fluffy Chihuahua puppy, Kaijuu, and the bandaged Irishman, Farfarello, followed close at his heels, while a sizeable black myna bird called Camui perched on Farfarello's shoulder. "Youji is the one I expect this sort of thing from."

"Stow it, Aya." Youji removed a can from underneath the small of his back and lobbed it in the direction of the redhead. The throw was easily a meter wide of it's mark. "Save the lecture until we're sober."

"Youji, get your elbow out of my stomach." Crawford rubbed the back of his head, the part which seemed to have hit the ground the hardest, and pushed on Youji's arm. "And get up off the floor." He added when all Youji did was scoot far enough away so that his lanky frame had room to sprawl on the floor. Unsteadily, Crawford rose, trying to regain his dignity in the face of a situation that clearly left him with none.

"I..." Schuldig choked slightly on the laughter in his words. "I think you've made hell freeze over."

"You're drunk." Ken snickered, pointing and wishing he'd thought to bring Omi's video camera before coming down. "I didn't know you were gonna let Youji get you drunk."

"I didn't LET Youji get me drunk." He reached up to straiten a pair of glasses that he wasn't wearing, then tried to cover the gesture by running his fingers through his hair.

"Don't pick on Braddy." Youji finally managed to rise to his feet, where he swayed until the miraculous idea to use Crawford as a crutch again struck him.

"Braddy?" Schuldig broke down into giggles again, while Crawford tried to glare the Telepath to death.

"Don't call be Braddy."

"But Youji can?" Ken was holding his laugh far better than his lover, but Crawford was fairly certain that the Silver and Black eyes were dancing behind the Visor.

"Youji is drunk." Crawford stalked towards the stairs, giving Fujimiya and Farfarello a dirty look as they moved. The bird on Farfarello's should gave a sharp, high pitched squawk, then started mimicking them.

"Braddy's drunk, Braddy's drunk."

"Shut the bird up, Fujimiya." The oracle glared as best a drunk man standing with his even drunker friend using him to stay upright could.

"Fuck off, Drunk." Camui fluttered from Farfarello to Aya, who was smirking slightly.

"Swearing birds hurt God." Farfarelllo nodded sagely. Crawford glared at the Psychopath, who only smirked back.

"I'm going to bed." The announcement didn't curtail the snickering over half of the group was doing, but they did clear the stairs. Considering his and Youji's inebriated stats, they made pretty good time up the stairs. There wouldn't have been any problems at all, if Nagi hadn't been standing at the top of the stairs holding a video camera while Omi blinded them with a digital camera. Brad honestly wished he could glare more effectively at the moment and ignored the teenaged pair, instead dragging Youji towards the room they shared. As he slammed the door in the faces outside, Youji pulled some of his wits together and tugged him close. "Ne, Braddy, can we have some fun tonight?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Crawford groaned, burying his face in the pillow to hide from the sunshine that poured in the window. Between the gnomes banging drums in his temples and the summersaults his stomach was turning, he didn't think he'd be doing very much today. In addition to the hangover, he was far too warm, particularly for someone who'd gone to sleep nude.

"Huh?" he forced his eyes open, but found it impossible to focus in any detail since he had slept with his contacts in. He was able to made out the other figure curled in bed with him : Wavy blond hair, long limbs, green eyes. "You're awake."

"No, it's way too early for that." Youji closed his eyes and rolled closer to Brad, burying his face in the crook of the American's neck and shoulder. "Turn the sun off."

"Sorry, all I can do is tell you that it'll turn itself off sometime tonight." Crawford wracked his brain, trying to remember exactly what had happened the night before. He clearly remember Youji asking him to go clubbing, then Youji making him dress up for it, followed by the two of them grabbing a cab and leaving. After they'd gotten to the club, Crawford had started drinking to deal with the noisy and irritating crowd. Things started getting a little fuzzy around then. By the time they took a cab home (Something he only only vaguely remembered going) things were down to just a few images. "Youji, what did we do last night?"

"We went clubbing." The blonde barley mumbled. "Don't you know what 'too early' means?"

"I mean after we got him." He would have whacked Youji on the head if that hadn't required moving. "And exactly what happened to my clothes?"

"Lemme see..." The Green eyes opened, smirking at Crawford. "I remember... Flirting at the club... Then some fun here. Too bad we were too drunk to do anything."

"Thank the fates for small mercies."

"Hey, I thought you liked me!" Youji looked indignant.

"I do." This time Youji got smacked despite the required movement. "I just prefer being in my right mind for such activities."

-+-

Did you know that contacts really go all blurry when you sleep in them? Trust me, as a contact wearer who's slept in hers, I can tell you that is a genuine condition the morning after sleeping with them in.

Additionally, Do you know that I type like I'm drunk... I swear I'm a dingbat behind the keyboard... Half of the spelling errors I have to correct before I post things are because I type like a reject. yet I type pretty fast, it's sad. I don't know if I'm sacrificing accuracy for speed, or I just keep forgetting where keys are or what.

Anyways, Nighteyes Timeline is officially over. There is nothing more to be written... Except a few One shots with the characterizations this series has brought about... But I don't know if I'll even be un-lazy enough to do them. So, Sayonara Nighteyes, You're Owari!

kitkit@kitsufox.com