Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Chapter One and Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: First things first, I don't own Weiss Kreuz and this fic is just something that popped out from my imagination. I'll be calling Aya Fujimiya (the guy) Ran to avoid confusion with Aya-chan. Hope you guys will like this…

 

*************************************************************** *********

In the dead of the night, four silhouettes walked stealthily towards the low gate of the abandoned plantation. With a quick movement, they landed with a soft thud on the other side. With swift glances and a nod, the four ran to different directions. Unknown to them, three shadows are watching them closely…

 

"Well, there they go." A girl's voice said.

"Yeah. And that means our cue is near." Came another girl's voice.

"They're inside. Let's go." With that, the three came out of their hiding place and ran to the plantation.

*************************************************************** *********

 

"Well, I must say they are not bad after all. I thought they don't know how to fight." Yoji said letting go of his prey.

"Come on, enough on that. The big fishes are upstairs." Ken snickered.

 

Yoji and Ken ran to a flight of stairs and after some time disappeared from view. When the coast is clear, three girls jumped inside the house through the window and looked at the bodies scattered on the floor.

 

"They sure make a nice, clean kill." A raven-haired girl said looking at a corpse.

"Come on, we won't see any action if we hang around here. Besides, you guys know our mission right? So let's go!" Another raven-haired girl said looking at her companions.

"You can't fool us girl, you just want to see how they do their work. You don't care about the mission a bit. You said it was boring." The third girl smirked.

"Enough with that, and on with the mission. You guys know the orders, no one must be seen." The two other girls nodded and they too went up the stairs.

*************************************************************** *********

 

Only the moon gives light to the dilapidated plantation. The blade of the katana, the gleam of a bugnuk and the momentary flashes from arrows and wires could be clearly seen cutting the darkness, yet a fight ensued. It only took a while before Ran and the others were able to kill their targets. One by one, dead bodies started falling limp to the cement and again, another mission accomplished.

 

"Looks like we can sleep early tonight. This is one of the easiest missions we've ever had." Yoji said lighting up a cigar.

"Come on let's go back. I have a class tomorrow." Omi yawned.

 

As they walked away, they didn't notice the sinister figure coming out of a dark corner of the room. It walked cautiously to them with a gun in hand. Ran stopped in his step and listened intently.

 

"Wait, there's another one." He said in monotone and the three stopped.

"Yeah." Ken mumbled in agreement.

 

Ran quickly turned around to slash the guy in half but three streaks of silver were seen in the darkness followed by a thud and a shriek. Ran saw the man fall to the ground and he bent down to look at it.

 

"What was that?" Omi asked looking around.

"Looks like we're not the only ones here." Yoji answered looking at the railings and the window behind it above them.

"What?" Ken asked trying to see what Yoji is looking at.

"Come on. We've killed our targets. Let's go." Ran mumbled getting up.

*************************************************************** *********

 

"Ne Omi, you okay? You're not paying attention to any class we had. Something wrong?" a classmate asked as they prepared to leave the room.

"I'm okay. I just lack sleep. Let's go to the cafeteria first. I'm starving." He yawned sleepily.

 

The boys continued to walk as Omi's vision started to blur. He didn't notice how slow he's walking or that his classmate has already reached the bottom step, and that he's already in front of the staircase ready to fall any minute.

 

"Hey Omi, watch it!" His classmate shouted at the foot of the stairs.

 

The warning came a bit late as Omi made a step. His classmate knowing what will come next rushed to climb the stairs again to help him. Omi lost his balance, but fortunately, someone was able to pull him back just in time. His classmate reached him and helped him to his feet.

 

"Don't you dare scare me like that ever again Tsukiyono!" His classmate scolded as Omi regained his balance.

"Whew! That was a great way to wake me up." Omi said shaking his head.

"Where's that girl?" his classmate said looking around.

"What girl?"

"The one who jerked you to safety, for goodness' sake!" Omi understood as he too looked around.

"She's just behind you a while ago…"

"You didn't see where she went?"

"No. I was helping you when she disappeared. Maybe went up or something." His classmate shrugged.

"Well, whoever she is, I owe her one." Omi said as they walked down the stairs.

*************************************************************** *********

 

"A flower shop?!?!?" an auburn-haired girl exclaimed to her companion.

"Yup. Come on, let's go inside."

"Are you dead serious? You're going to buy flowers?!?!? Is that you Yuki or what?!?!" Yuki laughed.

"I'm serious. The house needs something to liven it up. I thought some flowers might do the trick. So, are you coming Jelmerie?"

"I'd like to, but Ryoko's calling me. I'll just wait here…" Jelmerie replied as she took out her phone.

 

Yuki shrugged before going inside the shop where an old lady greeted her. After some time, she went out holding a bouquet of chrysanthemums and handed the pink roses to Jelmerie with a disappointed look on her face.

 

"Here, be sure to put it inside Ryoko's room. I'm sure she'd love it." the girl said.

"What happened?" her companion asked confused.

 

As the two was about to go on their way, they heard someone calling them and stopped. Yuki's face lit up at seeing the one running towards them.

 

"Miss, you forgot your book." A girl called.

"Thanks a lot! I just borrowed that from a classmate. Where did you find this?"

"Beside the red roses." The girl replied with a smile.

"Yeah, I was looking at them, they're so beautiful. Thnaks again for returning this!" Yuki said as they waved goodbye.

"Aya… She's alive I knew it. But where's Ran?" Yuki muttered under her breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. I just remembered that they'll be needing the report and we have to give it to them before the day ends or we'll rot with boredom tonight."

*************************************************************** *********

 

 

"So, what happened during the day?" yuki asked as she, Jelmerie and Ryoko gathered around the sitting room that night.

"Nothing much. Met my new classmates, teachers and stuff like that. Nothing exciting really. How bout you Ryo?" the auburn-haired girl asked.

"Tch. You know that member of Weiss, the youngest one? He nearly fell down the stairs. Good thing I was able to take hold of his uniform or he's in a hospital right now. By the way, who the hell placed those filthy flowers inside my room?!?!" the two laughed.

"Like it?"

"It's not funny Yuki. Pink?!? Kami-sama! You know how I h-a-t-e that color!!!" the raven-haired girl spat.

 

Yuki was about to argue when the phone rang. Jelmerie picked it up and after a few seconds put it back and nodded to her friends. Ryoko turned off the lights as Yuki reached for the knob of the cabinet near her. They put on a headset and adjusted the mouthpiece. Moments later, the portrait in front of them vanished and a face of a woman appeared.

 

"Well, how's life on your own?" she asked with a smile.

"A piece of crap! Not one of us knows how to cook remember? We have to buy our own." Ryoko snorted.

"You'll get used to it I'm sure." The woman laughed.

"When will you join us here? We are desperate for your recipes." Jelmerie added with pleading eyes.

"Don't worry. As soon as I receive the order, I'll fly there immediately. But you girls have to be careful with your missions okay."

"You call tailing them like we're their shadows a missions?!?! Come on, Sora-san you know it's a complete bore!" Ryoko complained.

"I know. But as long as there are no final word, you have to do just that."

"What if Kritiker refuse?"

"Yuki, you know they won't. When we sent you three, we already know that it has been approved personally by Persia. They just have to put formality in it. So for the meantime, follow the rules." She explained sternly.

"So, any mission tonight?"

"Just a simple one…" Ryoko rolled her eyes at what she heard.

"I know that. Follow them and don't let anybody see us." Ryoko mumbled.

"Right. Anything else?"

"Yeah. Where are they living now?"

"You've checked the old flower shop right? Well, their exact location is classified and I can't reveal them to you now. You just have to wait until I get there." She winked.

"Well, any more questions from the body?" Sora asked lively.

"Okay, I think the mission is clear. You know what you have to do. I'll be waiting for the reports."

 

They took off the headset and turned on the lights, Jelmerie stood up and yawned while Yuki flopped down to the couch. Ryo on the other hand went directly to the door and turned around when she saw her friends about to fall asleep.

 

"Hey, we have a mission guys…"

"I know. You go get ready first." Yuki yawned putting a throw pillow over her head.

"Yeah. She's right. We'll follow as soon as we can. Besides, it's too early." Jelmerie said softly.

*************************************************************** *********

 

"Do you really think it's wide to follow them? I mean, this is not part of our mission."

"Jel, we don't usually follow our mission guidelines." The other girl smirked.

"Yeah. What do you say we spark a little fire?" Ryoko snickered.

"That's the thing we won't do."

 

They continued to follow the four they entered a dark road. With their instincts telling them that something's not right with the picture, the three continued. Meanwhile, the four have already raised their guards and are ready to take on anything. It is lined up with old buildings and flickering lamps. After sometime, the four stopped.

 

"You think they're still following us?" Yoji asked.

"Think so. I keep on hearing steps behind us. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being cautious." Omi shrugged.

 

Ran looked sideward to the others and they prepared to attack. Meanwhile, Yuki, Ryoko and Jelmerie, now knowing the situation looked at each other.

 

"They know we're here."

"This is getting exciting."

"Shut up Ryo. They will attack as soon as they turn around. Remember the wires and the darts. Be careful with them." Yuki reminded clutching her weapon.

"We have to split up and find an escape route as fast as we can. We'll see each other at the house." Ryoko said with a glint in her eyes.

"Ryoko, this is not part of a mission, we will only do defense. If they attack, just avoid it." Jelmerie prompted.

"Guys, at the count of three. One…" Yuki whispered.

"Two…" Omi said.

"Three…"

 

Omi threw his darts as far as he could while Yoji used his wires. Ryoko and Jelmerie managed to avoid the attacks while Yuki ran to a dark alley with Ran closely behind her. Omi and Ken ran after Jelmerie who disappeared at a crossroad. Yoji who nearly caught Ryoko with his wires found nothing when he reached the topmost step of an old apartment. The four went back to their flower shop/van without luck.

 

"That was one unlucky chase." Ken sighed as he threw his gloves off.

"Yeah. They managed to slip just like that. They must be someone."

"They sure are. They have followed us for two nights and when they realized we know that they're here, they kept their cool. And I won't be surprised if they knew we set them up. For young girls, they sure know a lot of things." Yoji explained.

"How did you know that?!?!?!" Omi blurted out.

"Don't ask anymore questions Omi. You know what kind of guy Yoji is."

"What did you say Kenken?!?!"

*************************************************************** *********

 

"Whew! That was close." Jelmerie sighed as she sat on the sofa.

"Yeah. But I sure wish we fought them. I mean, that would be si much fun!"

"Sorry we screwed up. I should've been more careful. I forgot how sensitive feline senses are." Jelmerie nodded.

"Yeah. Specially that one in the white trenchcoat, he knew we were following them. Creepy guy."

"I'm tired. Let's call it a night shall we?" Ryoko said getting up.

*************************************************************** *********

Chapter two:

 

Yuki emerged from the theater's main exit together with two other girls. While other spectators from the theater walked rather quickly out of the building, the five girls took their time and stepped slowly while talking about the play.

"Honestly, it's only now that I've seen a play with an all girls cast. It's great really. Not to mention the classes were suspended due to the play." Yuki remarked.

"Yeah. I like the one who played Zach." The one beside her chimed in.

"Me too. But add Paul, Cassie, and the girl in ponytail. They're great." Yuki added as they finally stepped outside the building.

"So, where're we headed?" the other asked.

"Well, since it's quite early, why don't we show Yuki around?"

"Uh, haven't I told you guys, I frequently go here during summer. I still know my way here. Besides, I'll have to buy some flowers for our house. It still looks dull." Yuki reasoned.

"Flowers you say? Hey Kanoe, why don't we take her there?" the one beside Yuki called.

"Good idea Venn. But we better hurry or else we won't be able to get through the swarm of girls flocking it." Kanoe smirked.

"What? Hey, wait, where's that place?" Yuki asked as the two dragged her away.

******************************************************* *****************

Jelmerie entered the bookstore and walked between the shelves looking at the displays. She took book after book and glanced at it for sometime before taking it back. Her search ended after fifteen minutes as she read the back cover of a book while walking to the counter. Absorbed as she is, she didn't notice the girl in front of her and bumped her.

"Really sorry for that one. I was busy reading this I didn't notice you. Are you okay?" Jelmerie apologized.

"I'm okay. It's nothing really. I wasn't looking to where I was going either." Aya-chan smiled

"Say, you're from the flower shop right? The one who returned Yuki's book? Hi! I'm Jelmerie." The auburn-haired girl said holding out her hand.

"I'm Aya Fujimiya. Nice to meet you Jelmerie." The other girl smiled as they shook hands.

"I'm off to the counter to bag this. How bout you?" Jelmerie asked holding out the book.

"The same."

After having their goods packed, the two walked out of the store talking lively. They passed by an ice cream stall where each bought an ice cream cone and sat down a nearby bench.

"So, you came here from England?" Aya-chan asked looking at the girl beside her.

"Yeah. I'm living with two close friends, our guardian will be here soon. She needs to fix some things first. I'm starting to adjust here. And when I say adjust, it means that I'm starting to remember each street and turn I make. I nearly lost my way to our school yesterday. Good thing I was able to remember some of the instructions given to me." She laughed as she finished her cone.

******************************************************* *****************

"Good, there are no sign of girls anywhere. Come on." Kanoe said looking around.

"Where're you two taking me?" Yuki asked as Venn continued to drag her.

"You said you want to buy flowers for your place, well here we are."

"This is a flower shop?!?!?"

Kanoe and Venn led Yuki nearer to the flower shop and went to the back of the trailer where the flowers are displayed. They stood there for sometime and when no one came, Venn and Kanoe decided to look for the florists.

"Hi there!" Yuki heard a voice behind her.

Yuki turned around and came face to face with Omi. She took an involuntary step away from the brunette when she felt somebody behind her. Her eyes widened in shock when she saw Ken behind her who flashed her a smile. Confused, she glanced for possible escape routes and when she's on the verge of running away, Kanoe and Venn appeared on each of her, blocking her path.

******************************************************* *****************

Yoji casually walks along the sidewalk looking around the bust street. As usual, he's on the lookout for any good-looking lady he can ask for dinner. Unfortunately, after strolling down three or four blocks, the poor blonde still can't find the right one. Glancing at his watch, he retraced his steps and decided to go back to the shop. As he passed by a nearly empty street, a girl in roller blades zoomed past him and he stop and looked at her.

"That girl's going to be in big trouble if she continues in that speed, especially when there's a row of cherry blossom trees down there." He said to himself. After a while, his eyes grew wide and he started to run after the girl.

"She'll surely hit the trees. And if she manages to avoid them, she'll end up in the middle of the road." He said to himself as he sees the girl.

Running at break-neck speed, he was able to grip the girl's wrist and pull her back just in time. The two fell on the pavement due to the force of the pull and after a few seconds, the girl struggled to get up and Yoji knowing how hard it is to do that in roller blades, helped her regain her balance.

"Thanks a lot mister." Ryoko said as she looked at the one who saved her.

"That's nothing, but be more careful next time." Yoji smiled.

Ryoko recognized the man in front of her and with one last word of thanks, zoomed away. Yoji remained at his position as he saw the girl disappear. After a few seconds, the blonde shrugged and went on his way.

******************************************************* *****************

Persia's silhouette disappeared from the screen and the lights inside the trailer went on. Omi went to his laptop and opened it, and a few seconds later, Manx's face appeared on the monitor.

"Hey, don't tell us, some bad guys got you again." Yoji joked seeing Manx.

"Definitely no. I'm away on official business but I'll be back soon. Is everything going smoothly with every mission?"

"Actually, we'd like to ask you a few questions." Omi began.

"Eh? What questions?"

"Well, it's not really a question. But for the past two nights, we were tailed by three unidentified persons. We managed to corner them but they made a quick slip and we lost them. We don't have any ideas on who they might be. All we know is that they are all girls. Well, that's according to Yoji-kun." Omi narrated.

"You're being followed? Hmm, we'll get down to that soon, but for now, you have a mission to attend to. Besides, if they are just a group of girls, then there's nothing much to worry about right? Forget them for a while, you have a mission to finishe" The woman said with a gleam in her eyes before the screen went blank.

"If they are ordinary crooks yes, but we're talking about trained girls here." Yoji mumbled.

******************************************************* *****************

"Hey, no getting into trouble this time okay. Understand Yuki?"

"Got it Jel, no need to fret."

"Don't be a spoil sport Jel.." Ryoko whined.

"No. It's better if we stay away from them for some time. We don't know what can happen if they catch us." Yuki said looking at Ryoko.

The three waited until the four disappeared before they too went on their way. Unknown to all of them, four shadows are watching from the top of a building.

"So, they really are here." Schuldich said looking at Crawford.

"Yeah."

"Good, we'll have more toys to play with."

******************************************************* *****************

The next day, Ryoko found Yuki standing near the school's gate waiting for her. Yuki flashed her a mischievous smile when she saw her.

"What brings you here?" Ryoko asked.

"Nothing, I just want to drag you somewhere." She smirked.

"Where exactly is that "somewhere" you're talking about?" Ryoko shot back with a suspicious stare.

"It's not far from here. Just follow me."

The two walked until they reached the trailer that is surrounded by a crowd of girls. Knowing that it will be hard to get through, Yuki pushed Ryoko away from the trailer and bought some snacks for them. After whiling the time, the two went back and much to Yuki's delight, the girls are nowhere in sight.

"A flower shop?!?!? You're getting crazy over flowers nowadays Yuki!"

"It's not just with the flowers, look at the florists…" she snickered.

"Kami?! Is that Hidaka Ken I'm seeing? And, oh no, Kudou Yoji. Are you crazy Yuki?! We're marching straight to their territory!!!" Ryoko whispered hysterically.

"Just calm down for a sec okay. And where's your sense of adventure Ryo? Besides, they don't know us yet."

"That's just it Yuki they mustn't know us yet!"

Ryoko stopped when she found herself being dragged to the trailer. She looked at Yuki for the last time who answered her look with a smirk. It's not that she's against Yuki's plan but after being saved by Yoji, she doesn't want Yuki to know that. Unfortunately, the girl is now dragging her closer to the trailer.

"That's her! The one who pulled you from the stairs" Omi's friend said pointing to Ryoko.

"What?!" the two girls looked at each other.

"Thanks a lot for saving me the other day." Omi smiled as he and his friend alighted from the trailer.

"T-that's nothing." Came the reply of Ryoko

"So, you saved a kitty from destruction eh?" Yuki whispered.

Omi's friend departed after telling Yuki the full account of how Ryoko saved Omi. Ryoko, who is near to killing the said boy glared at Yuki each time their eyes meet.

"Ne, Omi-kun, can you give me the same flowers I bought yesterday. They look great in the living room. And a separate bouquet of Coreopsis, thanks a lot." Omi smiled and busied himself with the flowers

"And Ryo, since you've been so kind to me and to Omi, I'm giving you the privilege of choosing what kind of flower to be put inside you room."

"I don't need anything for my room!" she retorted.

"But it looks dead!" Yuki pointed out.

"Here, maybe this can help…" the two girls looked sideways and saw Yoji holding some lilies and giving it to Ryoko.

"Thanks, but like I said, my room doesn't need any flowers at all."

"If that's' what you say. Good thing you're not in your roller blades now, but always be careful with it, you'll never know what's sitting around the corner or down the street." he reminded as Ryoko looked nervously at Yuki whose eyes are shining.

"Say, let me ask you a question…"

"Oi Yoji, what are you up to now?" Ken asked walking towards them.

"Nothing. It's just that I've never seen anyone who roller blades down that street because of the cherry trees but you went straight to it. Are you new here?" the blonde asked tipping his glasses

"We just moved here a few days ago." Yuki answered when Ryoko nudged her.

"From where?"

Ryoko glanced at Yuki who disappeared from her side and went to the rows of pots leaving her alone to answer the blonde's question.

"England." Yoji smiled and nodded.

"So that explains it. Next time you go roller blading, avoid that street if you don't want to be squashed okay?" Yoji smiled and glanced at Ken then to a pot of flowers near him.

Yuki went back to Ryoko's side carrying a bundle of flowers. She handed the pink roses and Coreopsis to Ryoko while she held on to the amaryllis and a bouquet of assorted flowers. Ryoko glared at the pink roses knowing what the girl will do with them but carried it anyway.

"Hey, we know it's a bit late but take these… it's a gift from us here." Ken smiled holding a bunch of wisteria blossoms.

"Thanks a lot." The two went on their way carrying their bundles when Ran came wearing his usual scowl.

"Manx called. We have a mission tonight." He said in monotone.

******************************************************* *****************

"And he saved her?!?!" Jelmerie asked in disbelief as she began to laugh loudly.

"Great twist of fate ne? Ryo saves Omi, and then Yoji saves Ryo. It's quits for them. Actually, I'm beginning to feel that we're not going to have any problems with them." Yuki said as she put the wisteria inside a vase.

"Why is that?" Ryoko snorted.

"They've welcomed us already. See?" She smiled holding the vase in front of her.

"What???" the raven haired girl asked irritated.

"Ryo, the wisteria means "a cordial welcome". Isn't that a good sign?"

"Well, they don't know the real us yet, so dream on, snow girl."

As usual, the phone rang and the three immediately knew what that means. The lights went off, the three donned their headsets and after a few moments, Sora's face appeared.

"Hiya Sora-san! Wazzup?" Jelmerie greeted.

"Hi. Before I tell you what's in store for tonight, are you girls following the mission protocols that were given to you?" the three looked at each other uneasily.

"Yeah." Yuki lied.

"Well, reports came to me that you followed the hunters one night and went into a little fight with them. Is that true?"

"Well, yeah. But they attacked us first." Yuki reasoned out.

"They won't attack you if they don't know you're there. Good thing no one recognized or saw any one of you. But because of that, I'm afraid you won't have any missions for tonight and other nights for a while." The three gaped at her.

"What!?!?!?"

"Well, what you did is a deliberate disobedience of rules, so it calls for some sanction. I'll call the next time you have a mission. Ja!" she said and her face disappeared from the screen.

"What the hell! This is your fault Yuki! If you didn't urge us to follow them, we won't be bored tonight!" Ryoko spat.

"If I remember right, you loved the idea too and agreed with my plan Ryo. It's just that those kitties screwed us up." The gril shrugged.

"But how did Sora knew about that?" Jelmerie asked walking to the window.

"I'm sure Kritiker gave her the infos. That's it, I'm going to my room, at least I can have a good night sleep." Ryoko said as she closed the door behind her.

"Ne Jel, I'll be out for a night ride. Be sure to close everything okay and I'll bring my keys with me. I just want to roam around the city for a while. And don't worry, I'm not planning anything stupid." She added as she caught Jelmerie's glare.

******************************************************* *****************

"I think that was a bit unfair Sora, suspending their missions even if it's not an official order. Besides, they were not seen." Manx said as Sora turned off her laptop.

"You still don't know them Manx, they're just as stubborn as the four kittens you have. I bet they will find a way to tail Weiss, especially if Yuki is to the brain behind it. I'm dead sure she was the mastermind of following the four. And with Ryoko who will agree to anything risky, I won't be surprised if they end up having a fight with the four sooner or later. Good thing Jel's still manageable." Manx laughed.

"Honestly, I'm starting to like the three already. So, when will we come back to make things official?" Sora looked at the calendar and back to Manx.

"Well, how 'bout tomorrow?"

******************************************************* *****************