Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ When the Past Return ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Stupid!!!!” Jelmerie shouted as she slammed the shop’s door.
“Hey careful, you nearly took the door off its hinges.” Yuki smiled.
“Onii-chan won’t tell me a single thing about Morgaine’s connection with Kritiker!!!!” she complained.
“Protocol Jel. You know he’s a strict follower. He won’t tell you what he knows even if you threaten to kill him” Yuki shrugged
“I’ll kill him!!!” she glared.

Even before Yuki could say another word, the door slammed again, this time it was Ryoko who did it.

“Be kind to the door will ya?” Yuki reminded.
“That damn stupid school!!!”
“Why, what?” Jelmerie asked.
“There’ll be a dance.” Ryoko mumbled.
“A dance? Are you serious?!?!” Yuki started laughing hysterically.
“Shaddup Yuki or else I’ll kill you!!!”
“A dance? When?” Jelmerei asked, her eyes shining.
“Next, next Friday.” Again, the door opened but it was closed gently by the gloomy Omi.
“Let me guess, it’s a bout a dance eh, kitty?” Jelmerie snickered as she saw Omi’s long face.
“Yeah.”
“And you have to find a partner, is that it?” she continued, Omi nodded.
“Well, that wouldn’t be so hard. Why don’t you two go together? I mean, it’s okay isn’t it?” Yuki laughed harder.
“Are you nuts Jel!?!?!?!” Ryoko shrieked.
“Hey, what’s all the commotion about?” Aya-chan asked as he entered the shop.
“Dance problem.” Jelmerie smiled.
“A dance?” Aya-chan asked as she entered.
“Please stop reminding me of it.” Omi muttered.
“Wait a sec, does anyone of you know how to dance?” Ryoko and Omi looked at each other.
“I guess that means a no.” Jelmerie answered.
“But I won’t go!!!” Ryo shouted.
“You will! It’s only once, don’t be a dork Ryo. And you too, Omi…”
“But I---“ the two started.
“No buts and that’s final!!!” Yuki and Jelmerie said triumphantly.

Aya-chan walked to the portable radio Jelmerie brought and scanned the radio stations until she smiled. She turned the volume higher until she caught the attention of the others, and with a smile, she walked to Yoji’s place.

“Yoji-kun, shall we?” she smiled, reaching out to him.
“My pleasure Aya-hime.”
“Omi-kun, let’s go.” Jelmerie snickered, pulling Omi

Ryoko and Yuki watched as the two pairs danced across the room, miraculously sparing the pots. Yuki smiled as they exchanged partners, while Jelmerie sat down and Ryoko became Yoji’s partner. Ran and Ken entered the shop and the brunette was about to question what’s going on when Jelmerie motioned him to be quiet.
**************************************************************** ********
“So, you finally made up your mind?” the old man asked as Sora, Darwin and Michael finished their cups of tea.
“Yes.”
“And what will it be?” he looked her directly at the eyes.
“I’ll go back.” Darwin and Michael looked at her.
“Even if it means that you must kill your twin?”
“Yes.”
*********************************** *************************************
“Hey, I forgot to ask this earlier, what’s it about the dancing back there in the flower shop?”
“Well, it was Aya-chan’s idea. But it’s a sort of practice for Ryo and Omi for their upcoming dance.” Yuki explained.
“She’s so clever.” He smiled.
“Ken, I hope you don’t mind, but what or who did you remember when you were watching Omi and Aya-chan dance? You were so reminiscent while watching them. I can’t help but ntoice.”
“I-no.. I’m not thinking about anything or anyone. It’s just, they look good together.” Yuki surveyed him as he spoke.
“Whatever you say. Listen to this Ken, I’m not Schuldich. But just looking at you, I knew you wanted to see someone. Perhaps, the one you love.” Yuki said as she went inside her room.
***************************************************************** *******
“Gaine, let’s go for some fun tonight. Who knows? Maybe tonight we can corner the angels!” Todesursache exclaimed, as Morgaine entered the room.
“Leave me out of this one Tod.” She sighed.
“Come on, stop sulking! Even with Nelchael out of they way, you can still have fun!!!”
“Sorry Tod. I really don’t feel like going out tonight.”
“Okay. It’s your choice.” Morgaine gently closed the door.
“Still want nothing else but to finish off Nelchael?”
“Isn’t that obvious Folt? I’ll be waiting until she comes back.”
“What if she don’t.” Morgaine looked at the girl.
“I know her very well Folt. She will come back sooner or later, all set to kill me. And when she does, I’ll be ready for her.”
“Hey,Tod and I have another idea!” Hecate said as she flung the door open.
“And what is that?” Folter asked with a raised eyebrow
“I’ve two of the angels will be out tonight for a party. Why don’t we visit them, say, about four in the morning? We can get the sleeping princess too.”
“Do you know where to find them?” the two nodded
“Then off to them. You coming Gaine?” Folter asked.
“Well, you asked for it.”
************************************************************ ************
Omi stretched and slid off the chair with a cup of hot chocolate in hand. He’s been typing a report for hours and now that he’s finished, he decided to relax for a while. His eyes started to close on their own after finishing his cup and after a few seconds he’s sound asleep. But it didn’t get far because an unusual noise woke him up, he heard shattering of glass. It did not came form his apartment but other noises startled him…

“Jel!”
******************************** ****************************************
“And I thought an angel is agile and alert.” Hecate grinnedseeing Yuki sound asleep.
“Time to die Sachiel…”
************************************************* ***********************
“Hell, what’re you doing here?!?” Yoji exclaimed, seeing Folter inside Ryoko’s room.
“Nothing. I just wanna rid the world of this girl.” She grinned, aiming at the sleeping Ryoko.
**************************************************************** ********
“Stay back Aya.” Ran warned as Morgaine walked closer.
“Come on, we just want to borrow your beautiful little sister for a while.”
********************************************************* ***************
“So, your friend

*********************************************************** *************
The next day, Ryoko reached the basement of the already closed flower shop and found the others deeply absorbed into a discussion. She sat down quietly beside Jelmerie and looked at the others, trying to assess the situation.


“With them knowing our location, it’ll be easy for them to attack us anytime.” Jelmerie said.
“Yeah. We have to be extra careful.” Omi agreed.
“What’s happening here?” Ryoko hissed to Jelmerie
“Aya-chan, will it be okay if we teach you how to fight?” Yuki asked the girl beside her.
“Y-yeah.”
“Teach Aya-chan to fight?! For what?!?!”
“That’s what you get for sleeping heavily.” Jelemrie smirked.
“What?!?!?! I don’t get any of this.” Ryoko whined.
“So, who’s teaching her?” Yoji chimed in.
“Jel and Omi.” Came Yuki’s automatic answer and Ran’s automatic glare.
“None of us who uses close range weapons may teach her how to fight. The Erinyes are tricky and they can grab her if she gets too close. The choices are then lowered down to three, Yoji, Omi and Jel. Well, Omi and Jel are the obvious choice. No offense meant Yoji.” Yuki explained, looking at the redhead.
“Wait! What the hell are you guys talking about and why do I seem to know nothing of it?!?!”
“BECAUSE YOU WERE ASLEEP ALL THE TIME!!!!!!”Jelmerie and Yuki shouted.
“We were attacked by the Erinyes last night.” Omi explained.
“What?!? I didn’t know that?!?”
“That is because you never woke up when that girl crashed into your room. And you stayed asleep even when she tried to kill you.” Yoji continued.
“Yeah. He took a great deal of wounds by trying to save your life and you didn’t even hear the commotion inside your room!”
“And how about you two?”
“Jel knew as soon as she heard Hecate crashing the window of my room. While I woke up hearing the scuffles.” Yuki answered
************************************************************** **********
“Hey Omi.” Yuki called as Omi was a bout to go inside his apartment.
“Favor.” She continued.
“What?” By this time, Jelmerie had come out of the apartment, and Yuki motioned for her to come
“We need you to hack some files for us.” Omi smiled at hearing this.
“What’s it you want me to hack?” he grinned not noticing Yuki’s secret glance at Jelmerie
“Kritiker files.” Jelmerie said.
“What?!? You want me to penetrate the computer systems of Kritiker? But that’s impossible!”
“The computer systems of Kritiker may be well secured but we believe you can penetrate them. We just need to find out something.”
“And what is it?” Yuki fished out the picture in her pocket and showed it to the boy.
“Hey, is this Sora, Manx and Birman?” he asked, uncertainly
“None other.” Yuk ismiled.
“Now, can you identify the one beside Sora?” Jelmerie asked.
“Y-yeah, I think she’s a member of the Erinyes but, what’s she doing there?”
“That’s what we want you to find out.” Jelmerie spoke.
“You need to permeate the all the files of the Rebelling Angels. We believe she’s one of us before.” Yuki answered.
“But wouldn’t that be dangerous?”
“Nah, you can do it ‘mi-kun!!!” the two girls smiled as they tapped him.
****************************************************************** ******
Ryoko sat in her seat, absorbed with the book she’s been reading when she heard her name being called. She looked around but saw the class busy with their own things and so she resumed her reading. Again, she heard her name being called, this time, she asked her seatmate who just shrugged and so she continued reading. On the third time, when she looked up, she saw Calvin standing in front of her.

“What do you want?!” she snapped.
“We still have to settle a score. I’m here to claim my winnings.” He declared
“Yeah? And what is it?” Calvin smirked
“I want you to be my partner for the dance.” Came his answer.
*************************************************************** *********
Hecate walked out of the car and looked around the café. A few moments later, she smiled and turned to Morgaine.

“Hey, thanks for dropping me here. I owe you one.” She grinned.
“That’s nothing. You go to your friend now. Looks like she’s excited to see you.” The woman replied as Hecate closed the car door.

She walked to the café and to the table where her friend sat. She smiled and greeted her.

“Hi Alice, long time no see.” Her friend smiled.
“Same here Yuriko. So, why don’t we eat and tell each other stories?”
******************************************************* *****************
“WHAT?!?!” Jelmerie and Yuki said in unison, starting to laugh.
“Shattup you two!!!” she roared.
“Hey, hey, what’s this all about?” Yoji asked.
“Ryo, she already has a sate for the dance.”
“And who is it may I ask?”
“Calvin Orion!!!” shouted the two.
“Of all people why him?!?!?” came Yoji’s hysterical shout
“I know, I know. But he won over me on that videogame competition we held during Hikari’s party!!!” she whined as Jelmerie and Yuki’s laughter filled the room.
“You know Ryo, that’s what you call destiny!!!” the two girls shouted at the same time, their laughter never ceasing to stop.
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki’s smile was from ear to ear, as she neared the door of the apartment. At last, she and Jelmerie have something to tease Ryoko that will piss her off big time. Not to mention that Oi’s starting to work on the files so that they can know Morgaine’s connection to Kritiker. She pulled out the key from her pocket and fitted it to the knob.

“Ken!” came her voice and that of another girl’s
“S-sorry. I thought you were Ken.” The two apologized to each other.
“Is Ken here?”
“He went out to buy something. Hey Ken!”
“Hi Yuriko, this is Yuki. Yuki, Yuriko”
“I will be going to out for a while.” She whispered.
“Nice to meet you Yuriko!” she smiled, before going out the door.
***************************************************************** *******
Hecate opened the door to their living room with a big smile. Todesursache looked at her questioningly and so did Folter but Morgaine was smiling too.

“So, how did your meeting with your old friend go?”
“Marvelous! And you wouldn’t believe my news.”
“What is it? Folter and Todesursache asked eagerly.
“My friend Yuriko knows one of the hunters!” she said triumphantly.
“How did you know that?” Folter asked.
“When we were inside a shop looking at some things, I just saw her talking to this guys in an apron. I saw him and recognized him as one of the pesky hunters. I called Yuriko on her phone and told her that there’s something that came up and I needed to get home. I stayed behind and followed them. That’s when I learned that they know each other. Looks like they had a short-lived love story if you ask me.” She grinned.
“Who’s the hunter?” Todesursache asked, her eyes shining.
“Sachiel’s charge.”
“Hecate, if it’s okay with you, I would like to propose something…” Morgaine said.
“What is it?”
“We’re going to try and get those two together, rid the hunters one of their member and break an angel. What do you say about it? I promise your friend will never get hurt during the whole process.”
“Call.”
******************************* *****************************************
Yuki stood outside the door, thinking whether to open it or not. She could hear the tv running inside but she could not hear voices. She then pressed her ear to the door to pick up something else when a hand fell on her shoulder.

“Lost your keys? Kenken’s inside.” Yoji said, holding a plastic bag full of beer.
“No. Er, he has a visitor and I don’t want to disturb them.”
“Visitor?”
“Yeah. Yuriko.”
“That girl? She’s here?!”
“Do you know her?” Yoji nodded, then proceeded with telling her their story.
“Okay.” She said, walking away.
“Hey, where’re you going?”
“Anywhere. I just don’t wasn’t to barge in on them when I don’t know what they’re doing. Just isn’t safe. Might see something an innocent girl of my age is not supposed to see. Got what I’m saying Balinese?” she grinned.
************************************************************** **********
Jelmerie flipped on the lights and a small room was revealed. She palced her bag on top of a table and pulled out a laptop

“Omi. I’ll be teaching Aya-chan the basics. You take care of the rest.”
“But Jel!”
“No buts! Aya-chan will be here any minute and we must be able to train her. You’re the expert on this so I’ll leave it to you.” She said.
“Hi Jel! Hi Omi!” Aya-chan said as she closed the door behind her.
“Hi Aya-chan! Ready for your lessons?” she grinned
*************************************************************** *********
Morning came and Yuki sat up immediately. She saw the clock that says 9:30 in the morning and out of impulse, marched out to the door to prepare herself for the remaining class of the day.

“It’s Saturday Yuki. Might as well go back there and sleep.” Ran said from behind his newspaper.
“Hell yeah! I forgot all about that! Thanks! Hey, you’ll be picking up Aya-chan in the training house right?”
“Yeah and you better get ready if you want to come.”

She walked to the door and stopped in front of Ken’s apartment. After a short self-deliberation, she fitted the key and turned the knob. She looked cautiously inside and when she realized that nobody’s home, went straight to the shower. When she’s all ready to go to the training house, she saw Ken and with a smile, greeted him.

“Ohayou!”
“Where’ve you been?” He glared.
“What?”
“You said you were just going out but you never came back!”
“I did. Only that you and Yuriko were here so I decided to wait until she leave.”
“Well. I dropped her off to her hotel room at nine and where were you by that time?”
“I…”
“That was worse than what Ryo did. At least she told Yoji the truth that she went to a friend’s party but you…”
“Okay, so I was wrong, sorry.” She muttered.
“Where were you?!” he insisted.
“With Ran!” she retorted, rushing out to the door.
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko grinned as she entered the shop that afternoon. She greeted Yoji with her usual cheerfulness while she annoyed the almost sleepless Jelmerie who was taking a short nap in the basement. When she went back to the shop, Yuki noticed her good mood and decided to test it.

“So, what happened to the dress?” Yuki asked
“Shaddup snow girl!”
“Then why the happy face?”
“Because that stupid Calvin fell off the stairs earlier!!!!” she cheered.
“Really?!?! Why, you pushed him or something” Jelmerie giggled.
“No. He’s just so stupid he missed a step.” Ryoko laughed.
“Hey Kudou, mind if I throw a little party tonight? Just for Omi, Yuki, Aya-chan Jel and me? I have to celebrtae what happened to that stupid guy.” the blonde blinked several ties before nodding.

Later that afternoon, when Ryoko had finally pestered Yoji into buying all the food for the party, the two prepared to go with Yoji muttering under his breath. Jelmerie volunteered to go with them, aiming to help Ryoko spend the blonde’s money. Just before they go, Jelmerie noticed something.

“Hey, where’s Aya-kun and Ken?”
“I don’t know where Aya-chan’s brother is but Ken, I’m sure he’s out with his girlfirend.” Yoji said, as he and Yuki exchanged grins.
“What?!?!” Ryoko, Jelmerie and Aya-chan exclaimed.
“Tell them the whole story on the way…” Yuki grinned.
“If that’s the case, I’m coming too.” Aya-chan said.
“What’ve I gotten myself into?!” Yoji sighed.
“Come on Yoji, you like treating girls don’t you?” Omi grinned.
************************************************************** **********
Yoji went out for the night under Ryoko’s bidding for her party. Jelmerie, Yuki, Omi and Aya-chan appeared at the doosrstep exactly at eight in the evening and then the party started. After a few movies, talks, and games, Ryoko pestered the others into showing her the picture of Morgaine with the others.

“So, you two think she’s one of us?” Ryoko asked after seeing the picture.
“Yeah. If not, then why are they together in that pic? We know Sora and Cammy as our seniors, so are Birman and Manx, and if Morgaine’s with them, it may be because she’s one of them.” Jelmerie replied.
“Well, granted that it’s true, what made her switch sides?” Aya-chan asked, emptying her cup.
“That’s what Omi’s trying to find out!” Yuki proclaimed triumphantly, hitting the boy on his back.
“Hey, don’t put too much pressure on it!” he whined.
“So Aya-chan, how was your training?” Ryoko asked with a sheepish grin.
“Fine. I have two great teachers.”
“Hey ‘mi-chan, you’re…” Yuki started.
“Don’t you ever dare finish that sentence Yuki.” The boy threatened.
“What’re you so afraid of kitty? By the way, where’s Yoji? Haven’t seen him?”
“I temporarily banned him in here for the night.” Ryoko beamed.
“Er Ryo, do we have to remind you that this is his apartment?” Jelmerie said.
“Well, it’s my party…” just then, the door burst open and Yoji walked inside.
“Time to go to bed little kids!!!” he shouted with a wide smile.
“Shaatup!!! Why’re you here, I’ve banned you right?” Ryoko said, standing up.
“The ban is only effective until 12 midnight. It’s now one thirty in the morning Ryo and I’m in charge now. You kids better catch some sleep.” He answered with a smirk.
“As in now? When we’re about to drink these…” Yuki grinned, tossing a beer can to Jelmerie, Aya-chan and Omi.
“Oi, get them back to the fridge, they’re mine.” He said.
“And we thought you’re going to say it’s bad for us.” Omi smirked, opening his can.

A flash of silver gleamed and Omi found his hand bound by Yoji’s wire. He sighed and raised his other arm in surrender and Yoji stopped the attack. Omi placed the opened can on the table and joined the others as they made their way to the door.

“Hey, thanks for the party.” Jelmerie smiled.
“Just let me know about the progress okay?” Ryoko whispered
“Hey, what’s that whispering all about?” Yoji asked.
“Well, it’s just about how to get to your beers without getting wired.” Yuki winked.
*************************************************************** *********
“Look at this” Birman called to Manx, after reading the message on her email.
“So, she’s returning to field.”
“Yeah. Her flight’s being scheduled already.”
“But do you think she’s ready for it?” Manx asked.
“We both know her. If she says she’s ready, she is.”
************************************************************ ************
“So, what happened?” Ryoko asked, as she and Yuki went to where Omi sits.
“At long last, I was able to find this file. They hid it well enough. It was separated from other Rebelling Angels files.” Omi explained, stretching his hands.
“Maybe it’s because of that.” Ryoko said, pointing to the header of the homepage just above the picture Yuki had shown them.
“ ‘Ladies of Avalon’? A new name for their batch of Angels?” Yuki asked.
“I don’t know. That file is only made up of that picture. I can’t find their profiles. I think they’ve chopped the information and scattered them throughout the system or hid it in another place.” Omi shrugged.
“But according to my brother, they always place the file in order.” Jelmerie pointed out.
“Well, it’s as if they knew someone will dare look into that certain file.” The three girls looked at each other.
“Camellia. She must’ve known this.” The three whispered.
“But why would she hide it so deep into the system?”
“Maybe because there’s a heavy reason for that.”
********************************************************** **************
A/N: At last, after finishing a 20 page MS Publisher project, and an 86-page story for my English project, I’ve finally finished this. Sorry if it took me long just didn’t have enough time to do this. Damn those profs…
Converting /tmp/phpxmnUIj to /dev/stdout