Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Memories... ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~ Yuki’s P.O.V. ~

I walked down to the dining room and found Willow waiting for me. She flashed me a smile as I sat down.

“Had a nice sleep?” I nodded.
“Yeah. I’m really enjoying my stay here” I added with a smile.

I’ve been here in Transylvania for three months now, staying with Camellia’s half-sister Willow. In this place I’m away from everything, from my family, my friends, and my enemies. Here I am nothing but a normal girl. My connection from Kritiker had been cut off after my superiors interrogated me. Ever since then I had no idea how the others are, or what’s happening to them, while I’m here I will live normally until the time when I will be called back to field.

“It’s been three months. I swear your sabbatical did great for you.” She commented after we have finished out breakfast.
“You’re bound to go back to the field soon. So, how do you feel about everything now?”
“Normal. No evil scheme of revenge cooking up in my mind. Everything’s okay now.” I shrugged.
“That’s good. Even I was pulled back from work for a time when Cammy died, and I wasn’t even handling an operation connected to you. It didn’t like it at first but I soon realized that it’s good. Revenge won’t do you good when you’re still raving about what happened.” Willow smiled at me and I believed everything she said.
“Yeah.” I smiled back.
“Don’t worry once you’re back you can take your revenge. In a sane manner.” She joked.
“Yeah.” I grinned. Later, she led me to the chateau where we usually stayed with Cammy during my training days.
“I know I shouldn’t ask this but, why did you let your charge go? You do know your duty is to protect him right?”

I took a sip from my glass and prepared to recount what happened three months ago…
************************************************************ ************
~ Three months back… ~

Yuki looked up from the heap in front of her and jumped off the bed to answer the door.

“Still awake?” Ken smiled from the other side.
“Yeah.”
“Thanks for helping me with the general cleaning.”
“That’s nothing since most of the trash came from my stay here.” Yuki grinned sheepishly
“It’s late, are you sure you want to go back to your house?”
“Yeah. We’re going to conduct a movie marathon tonight. I won’t miss it. I just need to finish this.”
“May I come in?”

Yuki stepped back and let the brunette walk inside. He sat on thee bed and looked at the scattered photos and things on it.

“A scrapbook?” he asked, picking up the book and leafing through it.
“Hey, isn’t this Aya? And is he really your cousin?” Ken gaped at seeing the pictures of Yuki, Ran and Aya-chan with the caption ‘Me and my cousins’.
“Uh huh. The Fujimiyas are my second cousins. Why?” she asked, amused by his confused look.
“So that’s why he’s so close to you…” he muttered under his breath.
“What?”
“N-nothing. It’s just weird. Does anyone save you three knows this?”
“Only Sora, and now you.”
“Hey, need some help with that?” Yuki gave him a grateful look.

The two worked on, sometimes harmoniously, sometimes arguing about something. By one thirty, there are still loads of pictures needed to be arranged but Yuki’s eyes started to drop.

“I’ll just rest for a while before I go back to work.” She said, lying down.

Ken smiled and looked at the scrapbook again. There are still a lot of pictures to sort out. After leafing through the half-finished scrapbook, he glanced at the now asleep Yuki, a stray piece of ribbon resting on her face. He blushed as he touched her face but managed to sweep it off anyway. Then a crashing noise broke the silence. Yuki suddenly opened her eyes, woken by the sound. Ken walked to the shattered window and picked up the cylinder that broke through it.

“What’s that?” Yuki asked, looking over his shoulder
‘We have Yuriko with us.’ the note inside the cylinder said.
“Yuriko? Hell.” Yuki said.
“We need to find her.” Ken said.
“Wait, call her up first just to make sure that it’s not a trap.” The brunette followed.

When Ken walked to the phone, Yuki read the letter again then grabbed her phone. She scanned for the number Hecate used when the Erinyes followed Ken and Yuriko and called it.

“Why the hell did you involve an innocent in this?” she roared over the phone.
“To make things more fun Sachiel.” Hecate answered.
“I swear I’m going to kill you.”
“You just can’t do that. Remember that we have your charge’s girlfriend with us.” she sneered.
“I’m your enemy, leave the others alone.”
“Sorry but I can’t. You know I’m after your charges.” Yuki’s blood reached its boiling point and ended the call.
“No one’s answering the phone.” Ken turned to her, distressed.
“Let’s not jump into this hastily. Go to her apartment and check on her. Call up anyone she knows or go to the places where she frequently goes. Then head back here, we’ll face the Erinyes together.” Ken nodded and dashed outside.

She looked around and saw the things littered on the bed. After scrawling something, she grabbed her weapon and sprinted out of the apartment.
************************************************************ ************
Yuki carefully walked into the empty house. After being rained by darts as a welcome greeting, and after her motorcycle blew just as she entered the house’s door, surely there are more to expect. Knowing that the Schwarz have already made a comeback, she needs to be more alert now that she’s alone.

“So, you’re Sachiel. Follow me.” Nagi said as he appeared. Yuki, found herself following the boy, with weapon cluthced tightly in her hand.
***************************************************************** *******
Ken returned to the now empty apartment and looked around for Yuki. He noticed the girl’s note taped to the window and read it.

“I’m sorry I have to trick you but I’ll be hunting them on my own. Don’t worry, I promise that I’m going to bring Yuriko back safely. Stay here and wait for us.” Ken crumpled the paper and marched to his bike.
***************************************************************** *******
Nagi showed her to a room upstairs where Yuriko lay asleep on the floor at the other side. Nagi closed the door behind her and she stared at Yuriko and the room. Carefully, she made one step after another unti lshe was in front of her.

“Yuriko-san, Yuriko-san.” She said nervously.
“Are you okay?” shye asked when the other finally responded.
“W-where am I?” Yuriko asked.
“You don’t know how you got here?”
“Yuki? I-I can’t remember exactly, my head’s aching.” She said.
“It’s okay. I’ll take you out of here. Come on.” Carefully, she helped Yuriko to her feet and ushered her on the way back.

Though having a hard time carrying the girl and her weapon, she was able to make it back downstairs. Yuki helped Yuriko to get out of the narrow door first but as she was about to follow, iron bars fell down, narrowly missing her. Yuuriko was thrown back, shocked by what had happened. Yuki, on the other hand, assured her that everything’s alright and handed her phone to her.

“S-sorry about that. Looks like I’ll have to find my own way out of here. Here, take my phone and call Ken. He’s worried sick about you. He’s probably on his way here anyway but please call him and tell him you’re safe.”
“What about you?”
“I can worm myself out of here. Just tell him I went on a chase and will go back immediately. Thanks.” She smiled.
*************************************************************** *********
Ken parked his motorcycle as he saw Yuriko on the steps of the house. He ran to her, asked her if she’s okay then smiled.

“You made me nervous.” He smiled.
“Me too. I was shocked when Yuki woke me up and we were in a huge empty room.” Yuriko said as Ken draped his jacket over her.
“Speaking of her, where’s she?” Yuriko blinked several times before she answered.
“She went on a chase but told me that she’ll be going straight back home after that.” Ken nodded and ushered her to his bike.

The two mounted his bike and with one last look, he saw the remains of Yuki’s bike but dismissed it.
******************************************************************* *****
“What the hell do you want?” Yuki glared at Hecate.
“Don’t be too fiery angel, the fun’s just getting started…” the girl grinned.
“Well then, let’s start this, so you can go to hell.” Yuki smirked, preparing to fight.

The two fought for a while, with Yuki able to avoid Hecate’s trident all the time. The same goes for the toher, who was smirking all the while. When Yuki again lunged at Hecate, Morgaine silently entered the room, then fired a gun at Yuki. The needle buried itself on her back, making her fall down. Yuki’s vision started to falter after a few seconds, kowing that she was injected with a sleeping formula, she sank down.

“Night, night angel.” Hecate smirked.
************************************************************** **********
Ken left Yuriko’s apartment after he had put her to sleep. Using Yuki’s phone, he called the girl’s house to check on her.


“Oh hi Ken!” Jelmerie’s cheerful voice said.
“Can I speak with Yuki?”
“Yuki? I thought she’s with you…” Jelmerie’s questioning voice said from the other line.
“Uhm, Y-yeah, she’s with me but I think she went out when I bought some food. I guess she’s with Aya or Omi. Sorry for disturbing you, by the way, Yuki’s staying with me for tonight.”
“General cleaning still isn’t finished?”
“Almost. Thanks again. Bye.” He dialed Omi’s number and received another negative answer. The same went when he called Aya-chan’s phone.
“Could it be…” he remembered the burning bike in front of the house and it finally struck him.
“Yuki…” he thought as he went back to the house.
**************************************************************** ********
“The door’s barred.” Ken muttered to himself when he noticed the iron bars at the door.

He tried the windows and proceeded to searching the house. The rooms around the ground floor were empty. Then, remembering Yuriko’s words, he immediately ran to the second floor and tried the rooms until he found Yuki, sleeping on the floor.

“So, you noticed that your angel’s misisng.” Hecate grinned.

A fight started. Yuki slowly woke up at the clashes going on around the room. She opened her eyes and saw Ken fighting with Hecate. Knowing that Morgaine’s just around the corner, she stood up, tried to steady her still unfocused gaze and scanned the room until she found Morgaine. Seeing that she’s aiming a gun at him, she made a quick move with her sword and managed to knock off the gun from the woman’s hands. Morgaine looked at her and made her presence known.

“Leave us Hec, I’ll take care of this two.”
“B-but…”
“Do as I say. Nagi already went back to base, you should too.” Hecate muttered under her breath but followed the orders.
“If I happened to be ignorant of how to be an Angel, I would’ve been cursing you for all you are now Sachiel. But since I know it, I can’t help but praise you, dedicated angel.” She said, moving closer to her.
“This is our fight Ken, don’t mess with it.,” Yuki glared, pulling out a dagger from her sleeve.
“Marvelous. Sora really did train you well, but I’m afraid you’re not in a good condition to fight now. You better have some rest.” She said, delivering a punch to her abdomen. Yuki collapsed on the floor once again.
“Don’t attack me hunter, I’m here to talk to you. Don’t worry, I won’t do anything to the little girl. Let’s just have some talk.”
“What is it?” Ken glared.
“You do know we just kidnapped your girlfriend, only your pesky angel ruined everything right?” Ken glared at her still.
“We’ll never stop until we get what we want hunter, By all means I swear we will finish our mission here. So if you know what’s best for your girlfriend’s sake, better leave her out of everything. Or better yet, go with her and leave everything behind. That seems to be a nicer one doesn’t it?” Morgaine said as Yuki was staggering to her feet once again.
“What do you think hunter? I swear I won’t run after anyone close to you again if you leave. Promise.”
“I won’t believe anything that you say.” Ken said between gritted teeth.
“Just think about it hunter, by the way, I really like your angel, she’s a strong one… though I must admit it irritates me…” Morgaine said as she turned her back against Ken and fired a warning shot at Yuki that scraped through her shoulder.
“Another point to ponder on, just think of the sacrifices your angel went through, even just for this night.” Morgaine said, leaping out of the window.
*************************************************************** *********
Yuki shifted and slowly opened her eyes. She raised her head from his shoulder just as Ken smiled at her.

“It’s a good thing that you’re awake.”
“Ken? What’re you doing here?” she asked.
“You don’t remember?” Yuki thought for a while before looking at him again.
“I do. You followed me here you jerk.” She said, trying to get up.
“Ouch!” she winced when her wound ached making her fall back to his arms.
“You have a wound, here let me help.” He helped her up.
“Thanks a lot.” She said.
“Come on, let’s head back.”
********************************************************** **************
Yuki looked at him as he finished bandaging her arm. She was looking gravely at him even after he smiled at her Finally, she was able to voice out her thoughts when he went out of her room to reutrn the first aid kit.

“Ken, I think, I think Morgaine’s right.” She started.
“What do you mean?” she heard him call back.
“I think she’s right in saying that you need to go away from here.” She replied, looking at the window and the rain that had started.
“What?”
“Ken. I know they will never stop until they kill you. They will never stop running after Yuriko too. They already know you have a relationship and that won’t stop them from trying to kill you. I really think you and Yuriko should go.” She had gone out of the room and was now looking at Ken who was filling a kettle with water.
“I can’t just leave you and the others behind. Besides, she’s not asking me to go with her.” He said, with his back turned to her, hiding his smile.
“She loves you Ken and you love her back. Don’t make things complicated for the two of you, you’ve been given a second chance in life, take it now.” He was silent at her words. Yuki started to edge to the door.
“Don’t worry about us, I still have Ran as my charge and we can handle everything on our here. Go with her and start a new life.”
“Yuki I don’t think I can do that.” It was Yuki’s turn to smile.
“I know you can. The Siberian I know can do anything he likes. Besides, it’s for your happiness.”
“Yuki…”
“Please tell me you’ll do it. For yours and Yuriko’s safety.” It took a minute of silence and Yuki walked out of the door silently.
“Yuki…” he looked back and saw the apartment empty.

Yuki walked outside the apartment building and into the rain with her mind full of things. She sat huddled on a pavement not minding the freezing rain. She buried her face in her knees feeling the comfort in the rain.

“There you are. Why the hell did you left?” he asked. Yuki took a while before she stood up and faced him with a smile.
“Please tell me you’re going with her to Australia.” Ken nodded.
“Thanks.” Her smile widened
“Come on, let’s go inside your dripping wet.”
“I’m okay. I’ll go back to my place. Bye.” She smiled before running away.
***************************************************************** *******
“You do know you can always take a bath here don’t you?” Ryoko asked when she saw Yuki passed by.
“Change immediately it could lead to something worse.” Jelmerie commented.
“Yeah. You look like a drowned rat.” Ryoko snickered.
“Where did you get that wound?” Sora asked suspiciously.

Yuki did not answer but went straight to the stairs and to her room. After an hour, Yuki came down and plopped down on the couch beside Jel and Ryoko. She grinned at the two before transferring to the recliner.

“What the hell happened to you?” Ryoko asked.
“What?!?! Oh, about my wound, I got this from the general cleaning. So,w hat’s the movie?” she asked, smiling widely.
“Final Destination 2.” Sora said.
“Uh. Okay.” She smiled as the movie played on, but she just stared at the window and the rain outside.
************************************************************** **********
Three days later, Yuki walked into the shop with Ran and Aya-chan after school. The two immediately went to help Ryoko and Yoji while Ran assisted Sora.

“Hey Yuki, where’s your bike?”
“Jammed Ryo. I brought it to a repair shop last night that’s why I was drenched when I came home.” She explained, making Ken look at her.
“I’ll be delivering some flowers. Yuki, could you help me with it?” Yuki blinked at him before nodding.
“You didn’t tell them what happened?” he asked on their return.
“No. I can’t tell them I’m letting you go. They might interfere.” She shrugged.
“Uh, okay. By the way, I’ve already told Yuriko that I’m coming with her back to Australia. And also told her your plan of staying in a house away from here. A friend of hers has found a house for us while we’re waiting for our flight. I’m moving in the day after tomorrow.”
“Really? That’s good. Can I see it? I mean, I must know where you are in case of another emergency.” Ken laughed.
“Sure. At least I’ll have help in moving my things.” Yuki glared at him.
“Just joking!” he laughed
“You’re such a dork. Do you know that? When are you leaving?” she smiled at him.
“I don’t know, but we won’t be here until next week.” Both were silent as they neared the shop.
***************************************************************** *******
Yuki smiled as her message was sent. She placed her phone inside her bag and turned to her Ken. Not seeing him there, she looked around, scanning the place for a sign of the brunette kitten. She was about to call him when he appeared beside her, holding two soda cans.

“Hey, where’ve you been?” She asked.
“Sorry. I thought these could be helpful after the hotdogs.” He smiled, reaching out a can to her.
“Not tired or sleepy snow girl?” she shook her head.
“I’ve already told you you don’t need to help in moving my things. You’re so stubborn do you know that?” Yuki glared at him and then smiled.

The two were silent for a while as they drained their soda cans. Now, they’re in the middle of Ueno Park sipping sodas after having hotdog in buns, staring at the cherry trees.

“Hey, don’t forget the protocol. After you leave, there will be no communications of any kind with anyone of us whatsoever. Failure to break the rules and it will be my personal mission to kill you.”
“Is that what you’ll give me as a farewell gift?”
“I’m just reminding you in case you forget kitten.” Ken sighed in defeat.
“Don’t forget to tell me when are you two getting married. Send me an invitation okay?” the other blushed.
“Wait, I thought you’d kill me if ever I communicate with anyone of you again?” he laughed
“Just for that occasion, I can forgive you Siberian.” She smiled.
“Jerk.” He muttered.
“What?” Yuki grinned sheepishly

A mild breeze shook the branches of the cherry trees that made petals sail the air. The two momentarily stopped and watched the sight.

“They’re really beautiful.” Yuki sighed.
“Yeah.”
“When I was about four or five years old, I had this crazy idea to make the cherry blossoms last until after winter and if I succeed, I’ll be the happiest person in the whole world Stupid really. But then I went on with my plan, I filled a bottle with cherry blossoms and kept it in my room knowing that I could save them until next spring. You could just imagine the dismay I had when I woke up a few days after and found them all wilted. I cried in my room the whole morning. Stupid really.” She said reminiscently, shaking her head with a smile.
“You did that?” he asked, amused by her story.
“Yeah. Sorry for that, the cherry blossoms got into my system.”
“That’s nothing.” Yuki’s phone sounded an incoming message and she stopped walking to read it.
“Ne Ken, are you in for one last mission?” she smiled at him.
“Sure.”
****************************************** ******************************
Sora and the others looked as Ken and Yuki walked into the basement. The meaning of Yoji’s grin was hard to place while Ran’s usually normal scowl turned into a death glare.

“And to think you call me the playboy…” Yoji grinned.
“So, you’ve replaced a basketball player for a former J-Leaguer Yuki? What happened to Andrei?” Ryoko grinned. Ken and Yuki looked at each other and shook their heads.
“Siblings.” Ken and Yuki muttered before going to their seat.
“Where’ve you been?” Ran whispered
“At home.” She muttered.
“I don’t remember a cherry blossom tree growing in your apartment.” He glared pulling a petal from her hair.
“Er. I went out earlier. Ken waited for me so that we can go here together.”
“You’re a terrible liar.” The redhead muttered
“Siberian. Sachiel. Everything you need to know are in the files. Just read it and good luck to all of you.” Manx said.
***************************************************************** *******
*Location*

“This will be fun.” Ryoko said with a mischievous glint in her eye.
“Yeah. So, want us to be the first one in?” Jelmerie smirked.
“Sorry but I think Yuki and Ken just beat you to it.” Omi said as the two darted into the place
“Yuuuuuukiiiii…” Ryoko hissed, as she followed.
************************************************************* ***********
“So much for your last mission.” Yuki grinned.
“Yeah. And I think I will somehow miss it.” he grinned sheepishly
“Yeah right.” The girl rolled her eyes.
“Hey you two, wanna stay here all night?” Yoji smirked.
“Come on.” She nudged.
*************************************************************** *********
“Morning Yo-tan!!!” Jelmerie grinned as the blonde walked in the shop at four in the afternoon.
“Mornin.” The blonde yawned.
“Had too much TV?” Yukismirked.
“Just like that one?” Aya-chan smiled, tilting her head to the sleeping Ryoko’s direction.
“Oi you, wake up.” Yoji said, hitting her lightly with a book Jelmerie lent.
“Ouch! Hey, can’t you see that I’m sleeping?”
“We’re going to need extra hands here.” He retorted.
“Tsk, tsk, tsk, that’s what you get from being up all night.” Yuki sneered as Ran passed an ice cream cone each to her and Aya-chan.
“Where in hell did you get that?!?!?!” she shouted, seeing the ice cream.
“Sorry lil girl, the ice creams are exclusively for us.” Yuki smiled as Ryoko lunged at her.
“Hey, where’s Ken again?” Om iasked.
“I dunno. I haven’t seen him since morning.” Jelmerie answered just as Yuki looked down on her phone.
“I’m sure he’s with Yuriko.” Ryoko said.

Yuki sat up from the chair and ran outside the shop, searching the surroundings for any sign of the brunette who sent her the message, “You and Ryo really get along very well. I mean, fighting over an ice cream? Another message came to her saying, “I’m standing just around the corner. Can we have a talk?” Locating him, she marched to the brunette and glared at him.

“You can’t show up here anymore. They must think you’re missing.”
“Can’t I just disappear on the day of my flight?”
“You can’t. You must look after Yuriko’s and your safety! By the way, what are those?” her glare softened upon seeing the plastic bag he holds.
“Nothing.” Yuki gave him a playful look.
“I see. You’re providing your needs before your flight.” Ken blushed at this.
“I’ll be going.” He smiled, patting her.
“Just be careful okay.”
“Hey Sachiel, I’ll be picking you up from school tomorrow. I just have to give my farewell gift to you. Is it okay?”
“Gift? Sure!”

A little after Ken disappeared in the crowd, a hand rested on Yuki’s shoulder. She looekd back and saw her cousin.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.
“Hm? Nothing. Come on, let’s go.” The redhead nodded and they went back.
***************************************************************** *******
Ken and Yuki strolled around Ueno Park. Yuki noticed the backpack the other carries but he just smiled whenever she asked its contents.
“What will they do if they found out you’ve let me slip?” he asked.
“I’ll probably be sent back to England for an interrogation, but nothing serious. They’re not going to kill me or something.” She shrugged.
“I need to get back. There’s…” she looked at Ken.
“there’s a party being thrown by Ryo. I don’t want to miss it.” Ken sighed.
“Come on, I’ll drive you to the shop. You have a mission.” He said
“How’d you know? Besides, you can’t drive me to the shop! You’re supposed to be missing!” the brunette chuckled at the mild anxiety in her voice.
“Stop fretting. I’ll drop you off a good distance away from the prying eyes of any Weiss or Rebelling Angels member.” He smiled.

Yuki lost the argument and ended up being escorted a block away from the shop. She was about to dash off to the shop after thanking the brunette, when he stopped her.

“Hey, since I can’t drag my bike all the way to Australia and since you lost yours when you saved Yuriko, I want you to have it.” he said, handing her the keys.
“Are you serious?” he nodded at her, smiling.
“Er, if it’s not too much, can I have your unit too? I mean, you’re not returning anyway right? So, can I occupy your place when you’re gone? Please?” he thought about it for a moment.
“Yeah sure!” he grinned.
“Really? Thanks a lot Kenken!!!” she exclaimed, hugging him.
“Y-yeah.” He muttered, blushing again.
“I need to go or else I’ll have to explain why I’m late. Safe trip and good luck.” She said.
“I’m taking your bike to your house.”
“Thanks. Just leave it in front of the gate or something.”
“Don’t you think they’ll be wondering why my bike’s in front of your house when I’m supposedly missing?” he smiled.
“Uhm, yeah right. Hide it in the garage. The cover of my bike’s still there, you can use it with that. Thanks a bunch.” She smiled back, throwing the keys to him.
“Hey, before you go…” Yuki called as she stopped walking and turned to look at him
“I’m going to miss you big time.” She grinned, turning around and walking casually away.
***************************************************************** *******
“Sorry I’m late… again. Our project took a long time.” Yuki apologized.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah.”
“Sachiel, where’s your charge?” Manx asked.
“Like hell I know. Maybe sleeping with Yuriko or something.” She shrugged earning a glare from Ran.
****************************************************************** ******
“Are we getting better or are they just getting dumber?” Ryoko jeered as they finished the mission.
“I prefer the latter one, You’re getting dumber.” Tod shouted as she attacked Ryoko.
“Damn, the Erinyes!” Yuki spat as Hecate landed in front of her.
“And not just them…” Schuldig added.
“Oh hell…” Jelmerie muttered.

“Hey Sachiel, where’s your charge?” Hecate sneered in the middle oft heir fight.
“None of your business.” Yuki glared.
“Your right but I’m afraid, it’s your business.” Yuki stopped.
“Don’t act as if you don’t know where they are. By the way, there’s going to be a fireworks display later. You better watch it, it’s to die for.” Yuki gasped.
“Ken.” She thought, abandoning the others.
“Yuki!!!” Jelmerie called as she noticed her running away.
“Looks like your Angel’s running away from battle.” Morgaine snickered at Ran.

The redhead need not telling twice, he saw how his cousin darted out of the place. With a last look at Morgaine and the others, he rushed out, hoping to track his cousin.
*************************************************************** *********
Ran saw his cousin running straight to a house. He followed her and was almost catching up when an explosion threw them both. Memories of what happened before flowed back to him and he stood dumbfounded. He only snapped back upon seeing Yuki running towards the flaming house.

“Yuki what the hell are you doing!?!?” he asked, pulling her back.
“I need to go there… ” she shouted, thrashing from his hold.
“What for? That house’s burning to the ground Yuki, you can’t take anything in there anymore.” Yuki stopped thrashing and faced him.
“What’s wrong? Why did you run away from us like that? What’s in the house?” Yuki hugged him tight, crying hard on his chest. Her words shocked him.
“…Ken…Ken’s in there…” He stared at the burning house, thinking about his cousin’s words.
**************************************************************** ********
Ran escorted Yuki back to their house with the girl still in trauma from what happened. After making sure that she’s all calm, Ran waited downstairs for Sora’s arrival from Aya-chan’s training. Jelmerie and Ryoko came back and Jelmerie, knowing what had happened quickly inquired on Yuki.

“She’s in her room, sleeping. Don’t disturb her.” Ran said in his monotone.
“Why? What happened?” Ryoko asked, looking at Jelmerie and Ran.
“Hi!” Sora and Aya-chan waved.
“Onii-chan, what are you doing here?” she asked.
“Sora, we need to talk.” Ran said, walking to a corner.
“What happened?” Aya-chan asked.
“I dunno. Yuki just ran away from mission.” Jelmerie said.

Sora and Ran’s talk finished and the redhead called his sister to go home with him. Aya-chan waved to the others and thanked Sora for the training before they went on their way. Sora faced the two girls seriously.

“Girls. Yuki’s currently unstable and I don’t want any of you bombarding her with questions about this night, especially you, Ryo.”
“Why? What happened?” Ryoko asked.
“You will find in due time but now, just leave Yuki alone. Understood” the girls nodded uncertainly.
“Good. Now head back to your rooms.”
********************************************************* ***************
Yuki pressed the stop button on her discman and sat up from her bed. She flicked open the lights and went to the terrace, thinking about what had happened. After shaking the thoughts from her ehad so that she could sleep, she headed back to her bed but stopped at seeing something on her bedside table. It was a jar full of pink cherry blossoms. She picked it up, sat on her bed and saw the note taped on the jar’s lid.

Open it.

She opened the lid and noticed that the cherry blossoms were all plastic. She reached inside and felt something in the middle of the pile opf cherry blososms. She took it out and found that it was a box. She opened it and found a note.

For you, to be the happiest angel on earth. The cherry blossoms in here will last for a lifetime so as your happiness. By the way, there are other things in the box, some things to remember me by. By the way, thanks a lot for watching over me.

Yuki took out the gentian from the box and the necklace and earrings inside. She looekd at the things her charge gave her and started to break down.
***************************************************************** *******
~ Yuki’s P.O.V. ~

And that’s how Weiss lost a member and me, my charge. I’ve found out later that Ken had been my sole charge ever since Sora-san came back (Ran became her charge). I was asked what I felt about it and I wasn’t able to answer for a while, actually, I didn’t answer that question.

“Don’t you think it was more dangerous if you let them on their own? The Erinyes could still find them.” I think that question took a full one and a half minute before I was able to answer.
“But if he’s been cut off from Weiss, there’s a possibility the Erinyes won’t be after him anymore.” She was looking at me all the while and when I finished, she chuckled.
“I am betting this whole estate that answer was on-the-spot.” I groaned inwardly, knowing that she’s correct. I almost forgot she’s a psychologist.
“I wanted to give him his life.” I said.
“His life with the one he loves?” I nodded.
“Is that the only reason why you let him go? Or is there something of a more personal plane that pushed you to do what you did? A reason only you should know and understand?” I said nothing, knowing that every word I say could be used against me and that she’s ready to drill into myself.
“That is the risk every Angel placed in the field faces. And it’s something we can’t completely wipe out. Emotions are as real as people, we can’t separate the two.” I just nodded at her words.
“That reminds me of something. A tale of not so long ago…” she smiled knowingly.
“A tale other than Dracula?” I snickered.
“No. This happened to nine Kritiker agents while they were on a mission in *place*.” She chuckled at seeing my confused face.
“Believe me, it’s real Yuki. This story is well-known to your superiors. Every single one of them, even Cammy.” I gaped at her words.
“Cammy would always call it, “Angels of Camelot”...”
********************************************** **************************
~Normal P.O.V ~

Back in Japan, Omi, Ryoko, Jelmerie and Aya-chan sat in a circle, each one holding a copy of Camellia’s livejournal. Ryoko was whining about not finding anything of importance in the pages. The others silently agreed but read on anyway, prayign they could find useful information somewhere.

“This is it… I quit!!!” Ryoko shouted, throwing the papers on the floor.
“Ryo…” Omi called.
“I think she’s right, my head’s starting to break into two.” Jelmerie said, sitting on the couch.
“Okay, this calls for a break.” Aya-chan said.
“The only thing that Cammy ever talks about in that was a flash game somewhere in the net.” Ryoko said.
“Omi and I have finished that already. We were bored one night and decided to play it. It was a fourteen-level game. You’re locked in a building and you have to make your way to the top. We managed to finish until level thirteen but the fourteenth level needs a password. And no matter what Omi did, he couldn’t crack it.” Jelmerie sighed.
“A password?” Aya-chan blinked, still reading her copy.
“Yeah.” Silence ruled them for sometime before Ryoko smiled.
“Hey, have you saved that game?” she asked sudenly.
“Yeah why?” Omi asked.
“Let’s try solving that password.”
****************************************************** ******************
Morgaine smiled as Folter, Hecate and Todesursache walked to the sitting room.

“Still haven’t gotten over the euphoria of sending Sachiel away?” Morgaine snickered.
“Yeah. It feels great!” the girls grinned widely.
“How did you know what’s going to happen? I mean, how did you know the hunter will leave and that his angel will let him?” Todesusrsache asked.
“That’se asy. When you know a Rebelling Angel, it will be easyto manipulate them.”
“By the way, you still haven’t told me what a Rebelling Angel really is.” Folter complained.
“Hey, don’t tell me you’re a former angel?!” Todesursache gasped.
“Like hell Tod. Whatever gave you that idea?” Hecate snapped.
“Actually, Tod’s right. I was a former Rebelling Angel. And if you want, I’ll tell you what happened before the Schwarz ruin the fun.” She grinned
*************************************************************** *********
Omi sat in front of his PC while Ryoko, Jelmerie, and Aya-chan were behind him, staring at the text on the screen. The background was a girl, throwing different kinds of flowers in the air. The flowers were scattered around, and served as the border of the text which serves as the clue to open the gate.

“The answer lies beneath this text. You will need the name behind the bloom to open this gate and to finish the game.” Jelmerie read aloud.
“So, how can we answer that?” Aya-chan asked.
“Omi, what kind of flower is that?” Ryoko asked, pointing to the flower under the first sentence.
“Freesia…” he muttered. The girl smiled and asked to sit in front of the keyboard.
“What are you typing?” Ryoko asked.
“A wild guess.” She smirked.
“Tsukiyono Omi?” Jelmerie and Aya-chan gasped.
“My name?” added Omi as Ryoko hit the enter key.
“It opened?!?!?!” the others gaped.
“Cammy said something about that in the journal. ‘I swear I couldn’t have beaten this puzzle if I didn’t have a clear glimpse. And I doubt Yuki could answer this, even if it means she just have to enter a family (I just love myself). Oh, well, at least it’s opened now.’ ”
“I’m really confused about her words.” Omi shook his head.
“Hey guys look.” Ryoko said as a video played.

Jelmerie and Ryoko’s blood froze when they recognized the girl on the screen. Her abck was turned to them but they’re sure that she’s none other than their former colleague Camellia Montgomery.

“Camellia?” Jelmerie asked when the girl turned around and sat on a chair.
“So that’s Camellia.” Aya-chan wondered silently.
“I know you’d be able to get this far.” She smiled.
“This is creepy.” Jelmerie whispered.
“And as a reward, I will give you what you want, the identity of Morgaine.”
****************************************************** ******************