Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Angels of the Assassins ❯ Morgaine, Fall from Grace ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sora and Manx sat across each other with the former reading a book while the red-haired woman is frowning at her.
 
“Why are you sitting there frowning and all?” Sora smiled
“Nothing. I'm just thinking...”
“What? About going out with Yoji or something?” she grinned sheepishly.
“No.” the other woman glared.
“ Then what is it?”
“I don't know if I'm just getting paranoid but I'm starting to feel that the Angels are walking the same path we took…” Sora looked at her, took off her reading glasses and laid down her book, ready to pay full attention to her friend.
“What do you mean?”
“Yuki was called back because she let go of her charge. Jelmerie's getting closer with Omi and Aya-chan everyday and Ryo's well, still Ryo except that she's found another brother…”
“And what's wrong with that?”
“Haven't you noticed how much they are like us?” Manx muttered. Sora stared down at the book.
***************************************************************** *******
Willow looked dreamily at the sky. Yuki noticed that Camellia had gotten that certain habit from her half sister and just smiled.
 
“It's all about attachments Yuki. A tragic story of attachments.”
“But the place? Where did it happen? You just told me the word “place” but not the real location.” Willow smiled at her.
“Here in Transylvania”
“Here?!?!?!?!” Yuk igaped
“Are you kidding me?!?!”
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko, Omi, Aya-chan and Jelmerie are still in disbelief at seeing the video of Camellia playing. The girl was sitting in front of them, grinning as if she knew what's happening to them.
 
“I hate her when she grins like that. More often than not, that's a sign that there's an evil plan brewing inside her demented mind.” Ryoko muttered.
“So, on to business.” Camellia suddenly said from the screen making the others jump.
“First, I just want to clear that by the time you're watching this, I'm more or less nothing but bones six feet under. Yuki's on a sabbatical because she had deliberately set my charge free, much to my disdain, and you four are trying to find out what the hell have I written in my blog.” She snickered.
“I swear I'm going to kill you Camellia!!! Again…” Ryoko muttered.
“How'd she ever knew that?” Aya-chan asked.
“She's a pre-cog.” Jelmerie shrugged
“A very evil and demented one…” Ryoko added
“Now, about Morgaine…”
***************************************************************** *******
“You know that the batch that preceded you were composed of Camellia, Hanae, Kyoko, and Sora right?” Willow asked.
“Yeah.”
“But you do know that every time an Angel reach twenty, she'll be no longer part of the Rebelling Angels.”
“Because she has to pose as secretary to higher Kritiker officials if not a Kritiker official herself, or become the superior of the next batch of Angels.” Yuki continued.
“Right.”
“Well, before Camellia joined them as a fielder, the rebelling angels were composed of Hanae, Kyoko, Sora, and…”
***************************************************************** *******
“Don't tell me it's Morgaine????” Ryoko shouted.
“She's Morgaine, or to us Charlotte, Sora's twin sister.”
***************************************************************** *******
Folter gaped at Morgaine when she let the truth out. Hecate and Todesursache stared at their oldest member then to each other, trying to digest what had been said to them.
 
“Nelchael's your twin sister?!?!?!?! I still can accept you being a former Angel but Nelchael's twin?!?!?!?!” Folter shouted hysterically.
“So that's why there's a familiarity with the face.” Todesursache said.
“I still can't believe it, Nelchael's your twin sister?!?!?!” Folter burst out again.
“Shaddup Folt and let her finish.” Hecate glared.
 
When Folter had calmed down, Morgaine looked at the three girls surrounding her thinking if she did right by deciding to tell themt he whole story. She shrugged when she realized that there's no getting out of it now that she hadt started with the story. All she ahs to do is to finish it to end everything.
 
“Yeah. I'm her twin sister and a former Angel…”
***************************************************************** *******
“She's not just an ordinary Angel. She's their official leader and was highly favored by their superiors.” Willow continued, watching the surprise in Yuki's face.
“She's a good fighter, leader, comrade and friend. Actually, she had made a strong bond of friendship with her fellow angels and their trainee Camellia.”
“Really? What happened?”
“You do know the mission of your group right?”
***************************************************************** *******
“Yeah. To protect whatever group in Kritiker's in danger…” Ryoko muttered.
“Ryo, since little Percy's there, I might as well correct you…”
“Who's Percy?” Omi asked Jelmerie.
“That's Cammy and Yuki's nickname for Persia…” the girl answered.
“The Rebelling Angels is one of Kritiker's high-ranking group…” Omi's eyes widened in shock while Ryoko and Jelmerie beamed with pride.
“And the members composed only of the best.”
“And the most insane…”Omi muttered.
***************************************************************** *******
“All Kritiker trainees are under supervision, as they undergo different routines and lessons, they are evaluated and they pull out the best for the Rebelling Angels. To be an Angel is something. You have a chance to be a Kritiker official or choice to withdraw from the group anytime you want, to enjoy a life of luxury, your records will never be erased so there is something for you aside from butchering.” Morgaine explained to the three whose jaws had dropped.
“But then, their status contrasts their mission.”
***************************************************************** *******
“What is the main purpose of a Rebelling Angel Yuki?” Willow asked.
“To protect Kritiker's top assassin group if ever they or they mission is in danger.” Willow nodded with a smile.
“How high may your status in Kritiker be, your missions is just to protect the welfare of a bunch of guys who are just the pawns of Kritiker. Didn't you find that irritating?”
***************************************************************** *******
“Weird isn't it? Or should I say ironic?” Camellia said with a smile.
“Why in hell does she have to remind me of that?!?” Ryoko groaned.
“But that is the mission of the group, and so, we must protect those who are of value to the organization. With our lives”
***************************************************************** *******
“Protecting them means two things, either we do that without ever being seen, or to deliberately go into field with them. The latter's chosen when the lives of the assassins are in danger. In our case, Kritiker went for the latter.” Morgaine stopped and looked on the intent gazes of her team. With a small smile, she continued her story.
“Wait, what if no one's in grave trouble?” Todesursache asked.
“They still have some activities, going undercover and” Todesursache nodded.
“So, you were lucky enough to have a mission is that it?” it was Hecate's turn to ask.
“Now, I wouldn't dare call it luck. But then, it was more of a dream come true to be sent to the field…”
***************************************************************** *******
The silence inside the room where Manx and Sora are staying is deafening. Sora, who had resumed reading her book didn't notice Manx's stare at everything else in the room. A few moments later, Manx was able to voice her thougths.
 
“Sora, could you still remember that day when we were given our first mission?” Sora laid down her book again.
“Yeah. Kyoko and Charlotte were jumping up and down,” Manx looked at Sora who, for once after four years called her twin sister by name.
“I was grinning widely, while you just came into the room still half-asleep.” Sora laughed at the glare on the other woman's face.
“Yeah, and who was it who got sick on the way?” now it was Sora's turn to glare.
“Everyone anticipated that mission…” Manx looked at Sora
“but none of us was ready for what happened…”
***************************************************************** *******
“We were sent to Transylvania where we will join our charges. At that time, they are having an operation, which involves high-ranking government officials in that country. Their missions were starting to be tracked by their opponents and so Kritiker sent us there to guard them and to make sure that the operation will be finished successfully.
“Who are your charges?” Folter asked.
“There were four of them, Michael code named “Arthur”, Darwin better known as “Lancelot”, Shinji, our “Gawaine” and Paul, “Uther”.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Those are them?” Ryoko asked when a picture of the four boys appeared on the screen.
“Michael was assigned with Hanae better known to you as Manx, Kyoko who is now Birman was assigned to Darwin, Sora got Paul, and Charlotte, Shinji.”
***************************************************************** *******
Willow looked at Yuki who was obviously absorbed by the story. She took one more glance at the sky before continuing.
 
“I believe you've met Darwin and Michael in England.” Willow interjected.
“Yeah. They were included in the panel who questioned me. They are really nice guys though.”
“Moving on. They all fit great with each other save for Hanae and Michael who at first wouldn't stop arguing over the most little things” The woman laughed.
“So much like Ryo and Yoji…” Yuki muttered
“Actually, based on your accounts while you're in Japan, I could see every Rebelling Angel now in the place of Hanae, Kyoko, Charlotte and Sora…”
***************************************************************** *******
“And that brings me to my former statement that they're starting to be like us…” Manx said, straing at Sora.
“I don't think…”
“Sora, just look at Ryo and Yoji now and me and Mike then…” Sora choked at trying to hide her laughter making Manx throw visual daggers at her.
“Ran, Yuki, Kyoko and Darwin…”
***************************************************************** *******
“I was a trainee before but I was sent to the field to help. There got along well with Darwin who helped me pull out my pranks with the others.” Camellia smiled.
“Just like the two I know…” Ryoko muttered, looking sideways at Jelmerie and Omi. Aya who noticed this, chuckled.
“And if I remember right, I could say that Sora and Shinji were a bit like,” Camellia coughed then smirked.
“Sleeping Beauty and her prince.” Jelmerie grinned, elbowing Omi whose face was tomato red. Ryoko laughed hysterically.
“Actually, I don't know what Ken and I would be since I'd never live to see it. But as I see it, he's just like Michael too.”
***************************************************************** *******
“If my observations are right, Jelmerie is a mixture between Camellia and Kyoko…”
“In what, in being the innocent-yet-demented-girl type?” Manx grinned.
“You of course, is still you. I hate to say this but Yuki's getting more and more like Morgaine as days go by.” Sora shook her head at Manx's words
“She's always been like Morgaine… But I doubt she'll end up like her.” Then, her eyes gleamed as they focused on Manx.
“And of course you, my ever so dear friend Hanae is so very much like Ryoko!!!! That makes you and Yoji really click!!!!” Sora lety out a shrill laughter
***************************************************************** *******
“But why did you leave?” Hecate asked.
 
Morgaine thought for a while, weighing her words while trying to recall the things she had chosen to forget.
 
“I never really intended to leave. It's just that something happened…”
***************************************************************** *******
Ryoko, Jelmerie, Aya-chan and Omi had unconsciously inched closer to the computer screen, waiting the unfolding of the events that had happened before.
 
“Their mission was simple. They are to protect Rosen Kreuz, who, at that time were trying to penetrate and destroy network of smugglers and vigilantes who are affiliated with various organizations in Romania. The said network had been terrorizing the country and they brought goods for the black market.”
“Wait, isn't Rosen Kreuz one of the group that is under Kritiker observation? I believe there's a unit watching out for their every move.” Ryoko asked, puzzled.
***************************************************************** *******
“Yes. But the group Rosen Kreuz that I'm talking about is different. And it disbanded after that mission.” Willow explained
“But why?”
“Why did it disband?” Yuki nodded.
***************************************************************** *******
“Because they failed.” Morgaine said after a deep breath.
“You mean the Rosen kreuz got wiped out?” Folter asked
“No. It's not the mission that failed, it's the people. Even the Angels failed.” The others looked quizzically at each other, confused at what Morgaine had said.
***************************************************************** *******
Camellia had stopped narrating and is now just staring at them with a serious face.
 
“As I told you a while ago, the mission of Rosen Kreuz had gone into a dangerous situation. The targets started suspecting that someone's after them and are trying really hard to track us down, with a fast progress.”
***************************************************************** *******
“That was the time Cammy was ordered to go in the field…” Willow said, her voice bearing a tinge of sadness…
“Before she left, she told me that the others are in a very grave danger. That even she will never be able to help…”
***************************************************************** *******
“Wait, if she's a pre-cog then she should've had prevented anything bad from happening…” Aya-chan said.
“The future that she sees can still be changed. We still don't know how it really works but she's been telling us that.” Ryoko shrugged
“And so I finally joined them, became friends with everyone and had a wonderful time despite the tension… But things doesn't last”
***************************************************************** *******
“Our operations were slowly being exposed. We didn't knew how or by who, but little by little, our targets had made the connection and started to unite against us…” The three other Erinyes looked at the woman and saw bitterness and anger in her eyes.
***************************************************************** *******
“We had no other choice but to meet them head on. Every mission we had included high risks of not getting out of alive.” Camellia said, her face showing traces of what happened.
***************************************************************** *******
“It's easy when you're running after a target who is oblivious of what's happening but when it becomes a chase, things get very complicated.”
“We had to carefully plan out everything, from going out to coming back. We knew our targets' eyes are already focused on us and we just couldn't let them get any wiser.”
***************************************************************** *******
Willow leaned back and heaved a deep breath before she looked at Yuki. She smiled wearily then continued,
 
“Despite their enemies' campaigns against them, Morgaine had led them all through safely. Even Cammy owes her life to her when she saved my sister once during a mission.” Yuki's eyes widened at what she heard.
“Morgaine is not at all evil. In fact, she's one of the greates leaders the Rebelling Angels have had. She would've also been Shuichi Takatori's secretary if she hadm't left…”
***************************************************************** *******
“Morgaine, was the one behind the success of our every mission. She, together with Shinji, the elader of Rosen Kreuz worked out all the plans and saw that it will all be commenced properly. Actually. I admire her for that.” Ryoko's eyes widened ins hock.
“Are you sure we're stil ltalking about the same Morgaine here?”
“Calm down Ryo-chan. Not everyone is born evil.” Aya-chan reasoned out.
Camellia stoped for a while as if thinking how to relate the next few occurences when her face lit up and she smiled.
 
“Even though we were called the Rebellign Angels, our charges had given us new names that they thought “suited” us.”
“Names?”
“Since the guys' code names were all taken from Arthutiran legends, they've decided to give us a new code name based ont eh same field.” Camellia's eyes shone with mischief.
“Hanae-san was called Niniane, Kyoko-san, Vivianne. And I was called Nimue. And Sora-san, Guinevere”
***************************************************************** *******
“Charlotte did great during those missions. I must admit the Angels wouldn't have survived if not for her. I admit I envy her sometimes but admiration outweighed whatever envy it is that I had. I respected my twin sister very much.” Sora said with a nostalgic smile.
“Everyone admired her, even our superiors did. The Rosen Kreuz all regarded her with utmost respect. She was named Mogaine, taken from Morgan of the Faeries.”
***************************************************************** *******
“So that's why Cammy was so in to reading Arthurian legends.” Yuki said in awe.
“Yes. Those code names were the ones given to them. It just shows how friendship sprouted in a middle of a crisis.”
“But do they really have a high respect for Morgaine? Even the guys?” Willow nodded
“Even the guys. But you do know you can't have everything in this world…” she said knowingly.
***************************************************************** *******
“Despite her achievements in the field and during our missions, it seems Morgaine wasn't at all happy.” Manx looked at Sora who was looking out the window
“I should've known she'd fall for Shinji…” Sora interjected in a soft voice.
“It wasn't you fault Shinji chose you…”
***************************************************************** *******
“The trouble really didn't start with our enemies closing in on us, it started way before they even joined forces to wipe us out.” Camellia narrated again.
“What? Why? How?” Ryoko asked continuously.
“And the trouble started from within our midst.
***************************************************************** *******
“It's been a while after the Angels have arrived. They have started to blend with each other's personality and were fast becoming friends. Or more than…”
“Do you mean?”
***************************************************************** *******
“Even though she had whatever is it an Angel could want at that time, still in her, Morgaine lacks something…” Manx stared at Sora.
“Something that you, of all people have.” Sora flinched and looked at her friend. Manx was looking at her, was that sadness in her eyes? Or was it pity?
***************************************************************** *******
The rest of the Erinyes listened intently on Morgaine. None had thrown any questions so far. They all sat there, listening like pre-schoolers to their teacher.
 
“No matter what I do, it seems like its all not accounted for. I may have been responsible for the Angels' successful missions with their charges but my luck did not go beyond that field. No matter what I do, I still wasn't able to get what I wished for”
***************************************************************** *******
“Falling for a groupmate is inevitable in that field. You're always together, you see nothing but the same people, and you're looking out for nothing but your charge's welfare, and he, yours. You know what I mean don't you?” Yuki frowned but nodded.
“To put it simply, some of the guys fell for an angel…”
***************************************************************** *******
“Who?” Ryoko asked, thinking on who could it be.
“Sora.”
***************************************************************** *******
“We all know that both Hanae and Kyoko are beautiful ladies. But it was Sora who caught the eye of Shinji…” Willow continued
***************************************************************** *******
“What's so special about that Shinji guy?” Ryoko asked.
“Well for starters, he's cute.” Aya-chan pointed out, holding out the picture under Ryoko's nose.
“Heard that?” Jelmerie nudged Omi, snickering.
“Shattup.” The boy glared
“And?” the raven haired girl asked again.
***************************************************************** *******
“Morgaine had also taken a liking on him.” Willow's tone was as casual as can be.
“What?!?!” which was countered by Yuki's reaction.
***************************************************************** *******
“Since they were the leaders of both groups and Shinji also happened to be her charge, morgaine fell for him, only that he fell for her twin sister.”
“How'd that ever happened?”
***************************************************************** *******
“You really don't need a reason to love do you?” Willow asked. Yuki straightened her face when she nodded.
“It seemed Fate had toyed them, that in the middle of the mission, a disorder in their group came out.”
“Why? Because Morgaine liked Shinji but he likes Sora?”
***************************************************************** *******
“It's not that simple really, you see, Paul, who is Sora's charge also fell for her.”
“That's just it!!! The mission fell apart just because of that?!?! Are they stupid or what???” Ryoko shrieked.
“Calm down.” Jelemerie hissed.
“I mean, they could've just set aside whatever feelings they have and killed each other after the mission.”
“It's not that simple Ryo.” Camellie chimed in.
“She still creeps me out when she does that.” Aya-chan whispered.
“If it's that simple, then Yuki wouldn't have been in Transylvania now… And what happened to her could not be compared with what happened between Sora, Shinji, Paul and Morgaine.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Yuki, do you mind if I ask you this one question?” Yuki smiled.
“What would you do if a mission you've planned so hard was ruined and everyone's in dire trouble. Would you pull everyone back or still pursue for the plan?” Yuki stopped for a while.
“Pull everyone back of course.”
***************************************************************** *******
Camellia had asked the same question to Ryoko, Aya-chan, Omi and Jelmerie. She stopped and looked at them as if expecting to her them from the screen.
 
“Pull back.” Aya-chan said.
“Yeah. Then plan revenge.” Jelmerie glared.
“Forget the mission. What matters is everypne's safety.”
“Stay and kill the bad guys.” Ryoko answered enthusiastically.
***************************************************************** *******
“But what if something needs to be taken from the opponent's base and going back could mean your life. Would you go for it?” there was a pause. Willow could feel Yuki's mind weighing things out.
***************************************************************** *******
“YES!!!” Ryoko shouted in haste then laughed hysterically as the others were still in deep thought.
“Youthful arrogance.” Omi, Jelmerie and Aya-chan said to teach other, shaking their heads.
***************************************************************** *******
“Do you really think it was my fault?” Manx was taken aback by what Sora had asked.
“Sora?”
“Do you think it's my fault Shinji and Paul died?” Sora looked at her. Manx couldn't help but see the face of the 16-year old girl who had asked her the same question four years ago.
“No…” she answered.
***************************************************************** *******
“What happened was nobody's fault. Not even Morgaine's”
“Not even Morgaine's?” Yuk iechoed..
“Not even her.” Willow said.
***************************************************************** *******
“But then, everything changed afterwe were allowed a three-day vacation. For their opponents to thinkt hat we've laid down for a while. We spent time in Shinji's villa, now Sora's.”
` “That was Shinji's villa????” Jelmerie gaped at the screen.
“Yup. Shinji gave it to her after their engagement.” Ryoko and Jelmerie's jaw dropped while Omi and Aya-chan stared at the screen in disbelief.
***************************************************************** *******
“Sora was 16 back then and Shinji, 22. But it didn't matter for them. Shinji proposed to her and she accepted it.” Willow said.
“What? Wait? Sora was engaged at 16!?!?!” Yuki nearly fell off her seat.
“What? It was just an engagement? Shinji was willing to wait for her. Besides, age doesn't matter, does it?” Willow said in an amused voice.
“Hell…” Yuki muttered.
“There was already a celebration in the villa that night. They had all been planning on the wedding that night. Shinji even asked permission from Morgaine before he proposed.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Ouch! That must've hurt a lot!” Hecate flinched at what she heard.
“Shhh…” Todesursache and Folter elbowed her.
“It did. Very much.” Morgaine answered.
***************************************************************** *******
“When we got back, all Morgaine did was to check on the mission. She didn't stop working. Shinji offered to help and she was thankful for it.” Manx said.
***************************************************************** *******
“Thankful for the attention he gives her. Even if it's not like how he treats Sora, but still, Morgain'es happy that Shinji's paying attention to her. That she's still his Angel…”
***************************************************************** *******
“I knew I had no chance of changing things and I must be happy for them. I tried to forget him and drown myself into the mission but I still couldn't get the fact that my sister's engaged with the man I love.”
“What did you do?” Todesursache asked.
“Nothing. I contented myself with what I have. I'm happy my relationship with Shinji as his Angel didn't change. I was happy he still loves me like he always did, like his own sister.” Hecate flinched again, now, joined by the other two.
“But it didn't matter. As long as I have him with me, as long as he's safe. I don't care about him and Sora. My feelings for him continued even though I knew it will never be returned.” She said with a wry smile.
***************************************************************** *******
“But what about Paul? Where does he comes in?” Aya-chan asked.
“Paul accepted his defeat to Shinji like a gentleman. He's about Sora's age by the way but he accepted everything. At first he avoided Sora but as she is his Angel, she noticed it and asked. They talked about it and there, Paul wished them the best.
***************************************************************** *******
“It seemed that everything was as normal as they could be. The others rejoicing despite their problems. Shinji and Sora braving the mission for their future, Paul resigned to whatever Sora's wish. And Morgaine, silently enduring her pain.” Yuki rolled her eyes, thinking that the description “normal” doesn't fir with the situation Willow had just described.
***************************************************************** *******
“We never thought our worst nightmare was just about to start.” Camellia said, a with a cryptic gleam in her eyes.
***************************************************************** *******
Morgaine pulled out all the courage in her to recount what had happened that night. She looekd at the faces of the girls and knew that she might as well tell everything now.
 
“The blow came one night. Our mission then was to get a computer program from the enemy. The said program can grant them access to the files of the government and circumvent orders that are to be given. Especially, to manipulate the ammunitions of the government. And it too, could be used to penetrate into Kritiker database that could lead to the group's exposure.”
“Cool!!! Where do you think we could get that program?” Folter, Hecate and Todesursache whispered to each other.
***************************************************************** *******
“The mission was a tough one and the fact that we had just came from thethree-day break from Japan made things worse. None of us seemed to be ready for work.” Camellia said animatedly.
“But we were awed when Morgaine and Shinji declared a meeting and announced their plan.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I must give them credit for that. They were able to cook up a plan 32 hours after our flight back from Japan. I know Morgaine alqways wanted to kick those guys out of this world but Shinji, I believe what had ghhappened in his villa helped.” Manx smiled faintly at Sora.
“Yeah. But it was it that triggered everything…” Manx smile dropped. Sora still feels guilty of everything.
***************************************************************** *******
“When everything was all worked out, we set forth to retrieve the program. We had a good head start but then, we were caught.”
***************************************************************** *******
“It seemed that someone had tipped the targets that we're coming and so they were able to prepare for us.”
***************************************************************** *******
“We haven't even gotten ten feet away from the front door when we were surrounded by loads of men.
***************************************************************** *******
“They were lucky to get rid of the men alive. But they were all injured that they wouldn't survive anymore attacks like that.”
***************************************************************** *******
“We knew we had to turn back. Shinji and I were already leading everyone back when another assault happened.
***************************************************************** *******
“I have already forseen what would happen but I was then too weak to warn anyone.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I never thought we'd get out of there alive.”
“But we did. Thanks to Charlotte…”
***************************************************************** *******
“Morgaine saved them all. She made a distraction when she made a part of place blow out thanks to the grenades she had grabbed from a dead guy. She threw them to different places. And she succeeded in luring their attackers to different parts of the place. They were able to get out alive.”
***************************************************************** *******
Aya-chan heaved a deep sigh and leaned back from the screen. She could feel that the others too have finally breathed after what Camellia had said.
 
“Well. What's next?” Jelmerie asked.
***************************************************************** *******
 
A/N: From this point on, only Morgaine and Sora are talking
***************************************************************** *******
“We found ourselves a good deal away from the enemy base. We're all alive but we didn't ge the computer program.” Morgaine said.
“So, the mission did fail!”
“No Tod. We were able to get the program and they subsequently crushed the groups that hunted them down.”
“E? I can't get you…” Todesursache said.
***************************************************************** *******
“I still don't know why I did that. I know none of us wanted what had happened but…”
“You wanted to get the program. You can't let your group fall.”
“But…”
“You just wanted to help.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Morgaine had decided to go back for the computer program. She wouldn't let anyone ruin everything. While everyone's still recuperating, she started her research on who has the program.”
***************************************************************** *******
“She eventually found it. She made up her mind to go after the guy who has it thus, arranging a secret meeting with him.”
“She went undercover without letting the others know about it?!?!” Jelmerie gaped.
“She intended not to let us know, though she failed.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Sora found out about her plan. She was able to hack into Morgaine's email and tap into her conversations with the holder of the program.”
“So, what did she do?”
***************************************************************** *******
“I could never let Charlotte do that. When I found out her plan, I've decided to talk to her.”
“Did she listen?”
“She apparently did. But I knew better. I knew she'd never let me or anyone come with her dangerous as the mission is.”
“So that's why you made an advanced move?”
***************************************************************** *******
“Sora found out what I was planning and talked to me. I agreed to let her come with me but I did not intend on keeping it. I don't want her to be hurt. Not then when she has Shinji waiting for her. And so I re-arranged my plan. Not knowing the consequences.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I continued listening to Morgaine's conversations on phone and hacking her mails. She never knew that. No one knew that. There I realized she had moved the meeting earlier than expected. I made a decision. I'll go in her place and take the computer program no matter what happens…”
***************************************************************** *******
“I never knew Sora had known I moved the meeting. The day of the meeting, while I was preparing to leave, she came to my room and talked to me. She was in her usual mood, and offered me a drink. I took it, not knowing she had mixed sleeping pills in it.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I hated doing that to her but I needed to go. When she's asleep. I told you and Kyoko that I'll be going out for a while. Cammy came to me and tried to stop me but I knocked her out with a tranquilizer.”
“Then, I proceeded to go to the meeting…”
***************************************************************** *******
“I woke up hours later and realized what she did. I started to panic and was about to go after her when I ran into Shinji. He was looking for her, I didn't knew what to tell him. I lied to him but he caught me. I was never good at lying when I'm panicking” she laughed.
“Shinji was surprised and he said he'll go after her. I tried to stop him. I told him I'll go after Sora myself but he wouldn't listen. We went together.”
“By that time, news had started to spread around us. Camellia was revived and backed me up. Paul knew and decided to come with us. I had no choice, by then I knew my plan was ruined. But I didn't have any idea how ruined.”
***************************************************************** *******
“The meeting was going well. I thought I had them fooled but I was wrong. They knew I was from Kritiker and an assault started.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Camellia had told us to hurry and we did. We found Sora fighting with a group of armed men. We helped her, Sinji, me and Paul. Together we were able to get he program. But we were separated on our way out. More enemies came, Shinji and I got out and tried to communicate with Sora and Paul but it seemed that their communicator had broken down. Shinji gave me the disk that contained the program while he ran back. I stopped him…”
***************************************************************** *******
“Paul and I were trapped inside the building that winded like a labyrinth. We have no idea how to go out and we're getting tired of fighting. Our wounds have opened and we're getting weaker by the second. I never expected we would egt out of there alive.
***************************************************************** *******
“Shinji wouldn't listen to me, I had no choice, I told him how I feel about him but he told me that if I really love him then I would let him rescue Sora and Paul. I still didn't permit him. I knew he wanted to save his fiancée and all and that thought blinded me. I pleaded for him to stay. We were startled when we heard an explosion from the building. A wing had exploded. Shinji looked at me and wrenched his hands from mine. He ran back to the building. I stood there frozen but followed him.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Seeing Shinji was the most welcoming sight I saw that night. He helped me and Pual to find our way out. I was happy because I knew everything will be alright.”
“Or so I thought…”
***************************************************************** *******
“I stayed glued in front of the building. I don't know why I didn't go inside. I wasn't afraid, it's just that, I was not myself then. I just stood there and watched until Paul, Sora and Shinji came out. I smiled then felt my feet move. I ran towards them and helped my twin sister. We led the way while Paul was behind us and Shinji was on the rear. Then, another explosion erupted. We were thrown back…”
***************************************************************** *******
“What the hell…” Ryoko muttered.
“Now you know how complicated things got?” Camellia asked
***************************************************************** *******
Willow looked at Yuki who was sitting in front of her.
“Sounds familiar?”
“Y-yeah…” she muttered, remembering the night Yuriko was kidnapped and the night Ken and Yuriko died.
***************************************************************** *******
Sora stood up from her chair and went to the window, Manx followed her.
 
“We were about to leave the site triumphantly when we noticed Paul crouching over something on the ground.
***************************************************************** *******
“Shinji was lying on the ground, bleeding. He was caught in the explosion. We all knew that he'll never last the night but we still hoped. Paul tried to carry him but her resisted. He too knew his time was up.”
***************************************************************** *******
“He knew he'd die that night and bravely said his goodbye to us…” Manx noticed Sora's voice quivering. She realized that her friends still hasn't gotten over that tragedy.
***************************************************************** *******
“He smiled, fought back his tears while talking to us. He told Paul to take care of Sora and he said that I'll be his only Angel. Then he said goodbye to Sora and told her”
***************************************************************** *******
“That he's happy to die now that I'm safe and that he won't stop loving me in his death.”
***************************************************************** *******
Camellia sighed. The three looked at each other, as if Camellia's lying to them.
 
“That started the fight between the siblings. Morgaine's world shattered at Shinji's death and by the fact that he thought of nothing but her sister. Her world came crashing down to her and she felt that Sora had taken everything from her…”
“Can't blame her for that…” Omi muttered.
***************************************************************** *******
“Morgaine then hated Sora. She started contacting their enemies and soon joined forces with them. Morgaine became less vigilant while Sora took over the operations. Their superiors praised her, fueling Morgaine's anger.
***************************************************************** *******
“I told myself that I will get revenge. That I will pull down Sora from where she is. And my new group helped me.”
***************************************************************** *******
“One day, Morgaine told me she knew the place where our enemies will be having a meeting. She told me that we'll be going there that night without the others knowing. I agreed. I never thought my own sister would want to kill me…”
***************************************************************** *******
“We planned on killing Sora that night but Paul who had been having doubts about my loyalty rounded up the others and followed us.”
***************************************************************** *******
“Morgaine led me into a room where I was surrounded by the leaders of our enemy group. I wondered why Morgaine had walked to them, it was too late when realized that she had switched sides.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I wouldv'e succeeded in killing SOra if the Rosen Kreuz and the Angels hadn't arrived. The leaders were wiped out. I was about to plunge a dagger to Sora when Paul hurled himself in front of her. He fell dead and it only pissed me off more. They all wanted to kill me but Sora asked to have a one on one fight.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I tried to talk sense into her but it didn't work. She instead challenged me to kill her. I didn't do it. I let her go. I've already explained to her my side. But she didn't budge.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I told her that I don't care what the hell her side is. I told her that if she won't kill me right there, then I'll kill her, not at that time but I will kill her.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I just stood there and watched her walk away. I reported to our superiors the next day and refrained from telling anyone what had happened until the mission was finished. When a news came that the remaining cronies of our enemies were ambushed somewhere and one of them was a woman. We all thought that she was one of them. I thought everything was finished then…”
***************************************************************** *******
“I left Transylvania and was referred to Russia where I was trained. I left the country even before the rest of the group was wiped out.”
***************************************************************** *******
“I guess that's all I can say…” Willow said.
“It was one hell of a ride…” Yuki mused.
“yeah. Now you kno why Morgaine hates Sora so much?”
***************************************************************** *******
“So, is that it?” Ryok oasked.
“So many things had happened…” Aya-chan said.
“Yes. And with that, I end my last mission to you. But before I completely be wiped out the face of this earth, let me just leave you with one last prediction…” Ryoko and Jelemrie's eyes narrowed.
“I'm not liking this…” Ryoko muttered.
“First off, Omi-kun…”: Camellia smiled sweetly.
“What? Me? Why?” Omi looked sideways from Jelmerie to Aya-chan then to Ryoko in confusion.
“Percy-chan, please take care of the kitties very much and of course, your hime…” Camellia smiled.
“Ne, Aya-chan…” Camellia smiled widely.
“I'm very happy for you!!!!” Aya-chan swaetdropped.
“That girl's going crazy again.” Ryoko muttered.
“RYO!!!” Camellia called.
“Not everyone's an enemy. And just take note of this, gazebo, starts, ring, brunette, bodyguard.” Camellia smiled knowingly.
“And event hough it's hard, love will alaways find a way.”
“WHA THE HELL…” Ryoko muttered.
“Jel-chan!!! I see flowers, white dress and the ringing of bells so early in spring!!!!” Jelmerie glared.
“And please tell my beloved friend Yuki that she might as well stop running away from the kitty…”
“What? What?” Jelmerie said, glaring at the screen.
“So, this is Camellia Montgomery, Angel Sachiel, signing off.”
 
Before anyone could protest, the screen went blank.
***************************************************************** *******
Manx patted Sora's shoulder. Sora turned to her and smiled, pushing everything back again.
 
“I'll be going now. I'm sorry I made you remember it all.”
“That's nothing. I'm okay. Don't worry.”
“I'm going now. Maybe you need time to rest…”
 
Sora nodded and watched Manx as she went to the door. Manx stopped cold when she opened the door and saw Ran behind it.
 
“Aya?” Manx asked.
“Sora, some files came. They are addressed to you...
 
Manx walked passed him and he waited until Sora came and received the file.
 
“Hey, this is a report about Yuki! It looks like she's near to coming back!”
“Don't pretend you're not hurting Sora… No one's telling you not to cry. For once, let it all out…”
***************************************************************** ******
 
“You're bound to go back to England next week. Are you ready to go back? I can extend your stay here.” Yuki nodded.
“But what will you choose? To stay in England and be trained as Vaughn's secretary? Or go back to Japan?”
“I prefer the second one. I still have to avenge Ken.” She said nonchalantly.
“Besides, I've heard Vaughn's having a lot of paperwork these days, I don't want to be there and file them all or something.” She smirked
“So, I'll be telling your superiors that you're ready to go back to the field as an Angel?” Yuki nodded.
***************************************************************** *******
Aya-chan walked towards Yuki's apartment with her head still bursting with the information Camellia had told them. She was asked by her cousin to watch over the place and to Tabriz who currently resides with her and Ran. The lights flicked opened as she turned on the switch.
 
“This room has become dull.” She sighed as she looked around.
 
She walked through the deserted apartment, checking on everything as she always did. Lastly, she walked to the room to complete her inspection.
 
“Why the hell do I feel like not going inside?” she asked in her mind.
“Nah. It's not like there's a ghost or goblin or one of the Schwarz or Erinyes in there or something…” she thought, pushing the fact that she had just heard a story from a girl who's already dead.
“Come on Aya, you've been going in and out of this apartment for so long. Why be afraid now?” she scolded herself when her hand involuntarily withdrew itself from the knob.
 
After gathering enough courage to open the door, she turned the knob and faced the darkness in front of her. With one shaking hand, she opened the lights and heaved a sigh of relief as she found the room empty of supernatural creatures or enemies. She dared to walk a few steps more but she jumped as the door shut behind her. She turned around and tried to scream but no voice came out. Instead, she felt dizzy and fainted.