Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Baby's Soccer Game ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Baby's Soccer Game

Yarg… I swore I'd never write such a pointlessly fluffy story. Well actually it's not all that fluffy, it's more pointless than fluffy. It's as close as I get to pure fluff.

This evil was inspired by an episode of 'a baby story' which is also evil. I foreward no explanation for Omi's pregnancy. He's a guy, and therefor not prone to getting pregnant, but you'll just have to live with the fact that male pregnancy seems to be a viable option in this universe.

Ken blinked sleepily. The lights were dimming to allow people to get what little sleep they could catch during the flight. He looked over at Omi, who was staring out the window.

Ken reached up and squeezed his husband's shoulder. "Try to get some sleep Omiichi. Big day tomorrow."

Omi turned his large blue eyes away from the window. He smiled good naturedly, "I don't think baby is going to let me Ken." He said taking Ken's hand and placing it on his pregnancy swollen belly.

"He's going to be a star soccer player when he comes out." Commented Ken.

A particularly vigorous prod from the unborn child could be felt even through Omi's shirt. "And the crowd goes wild." Omi whispered.

"What do you think they'll name him?" asked Ken thoughtfully.

"On the phone they said it would either be Cody or William. They hadn't decided yet."

"Good old American names." Sighed Ken.

"He is American, Ken. That's why we're going to them instead of them coming to us. So baby will be born in The US."

Ken didn't answer.

"Ken-kun…"

"I'm sorry Omi. It's just hard for me. You've been carrying their baby for almost nine months. How could I not get attached to the little guy?" He shook his head. "What am I talking about? You are closer to that baby than I could ever be. It must have been hard for you too."

Omi smiled. "It was worth it. It'll be tough letting go, but think about what we're giving Karen and her husband. They're going to finally have a baby, they tried for so long, and could never have any by themselves."

"Yeah." Said Ken, feeling slightly guilty.

"Being pregnant again was worth it too." Added Omi.

"I don't know why people find pregnancy so interesting." Mumbled Ken.

"That's because you've never been pregnant Ken-kun."

"Don't plan to either."

Omi giggled. There was a comfortable silence in which Omi resumed his gazing out the plane window and Ken tried to surreptitiously steal one of the tiny airplane pillows from the sleeping man in the next seat up.

"We're not having any more kids right?" he asked after a while.

"I don't know. Why do you ask?" said Omi.

"Oh, I don't know. This whole thing just got me thinking. I mean, we had never planned to have kids at all. Baiko just kind of happened, baby was our first planned pregnancy. Do you think we should have brought him with us?"

"Baiko can't miss this much school, you know that. He'll be fine with Aya-chan"

"Yeah, but he should be there for when baby is born."

"It isn't his little brother Ken. It's Karen and Nick's baby." Said Omi flatly.

"Don't be like that Omi. You know that wasn't what I meant."

Omi sighed. "Yeah, I'm sorry Ken-kun. I'm just a bit nervous about…"

"Meeting the O-Kurleys for the first time? Me too."

"It's a whole new country. What do you think will happen?"

"Just like planned. Karen and Nick will be at the airport to meet us. I'm sure she will be absolutely delighted to see you."

"Yeah, and I'm looking forward to meeting her in person, finally."

"See? No problems."

Omi looked thoughtfully down at the bulge underneath his shirt.

"Soccer game over yet?"

"I think so."

"Time for the post game interview." Said Ken suddenly appearing to hold an invisible microphone. "So Baby, how did your team do it? Undefeated all season, that's a pretty amazing record." He held the imaginary mic out toward Omi's swollen belly. After a pause he continued. "All in the strategy? But your amazing skill in the midfield must contribute quite a bit." Another pause. Ken winked at Omi. "He's modest."

Omi snickered. "You should have been an actor Ken."

"To be or not to be, that is the question." Said Ken dramatically.

"You get punchy when you're tired."

"That I do." Said Ken with a yawn.

"Lets get some sleep."

"Alright."