Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Back in the Saddle ❯ Back in the Saddle ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Date: November 3, 2002
Title: Back in the Saddle
Author: babaca
Archive: http://www.wuffie.net, http://members.fortunecity.com/babacas/
Pairings: Aya + Yoji
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: None. I guess you could say there's mild angst. Or slightly schmaltzy you decide.
Spoilers: Omi's job in Gluhen
Notes: This is another Gluhen inspired ficlet. It falls my opinion of Yoji's new togs (http://www.babaca.org/sample/ljyoji3.gif). It's kind of a sequel to Waiting Hours (which can be found at the links above and ff.net, and mediaminer.org). I will probably write something between these two stories. But this one decided to make it's appearance first. Other notes since I haven't seen Gluhen past episode 2, I don't know if Kyou and Sena are the only ones that Aya works with on a kill. Rex (Omi's secretary) seems to get in the thick of it, but I somehow doubt she goes on missions). A quick recap to anyone who haven't read Visiting Hours, I explain Yoji and Ken's absence from the first two episodes of Gluhen by having them locked up in the psych ward per Kritiker's orders. In this story they have been released from the hospital but they are on inactive duty. Thus the action begins ...

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss. That honor goes to Takehito Koyasu, Project Weiss, AnimeWorks, and a host of others that are not me. So don't sue. Don't whine. (And please don't flame).



Back in the Saddle by babaca



Aya was getting ready to leave. Tonight they had the target and needed to meet across town to complete the job they took. He was placing his katana in the folds of his long jacket when he felt he was no longer alone in the room. He turned to Yoji to explain that he had to leave, however, he stopped when he saw his lover. "What are you doing? Why are you dressed that way?"

Yoji decided this was as good a time as any to light his cigarette. "I'm coming with you."

Aya found himself frowning. "No you're not. You're on inactive duty remember?"

"If you think I'm letting you go without back up you're crazy."

"I will have back up. Kyou and Sena will be there. Weiss is backing me up," Aya said slowly.

"They aren't Weiss, Aya," Yoji sighed. "They are Kritiker agents... yes. And I'm sure they are very capable. But do they know you as well as I do? Or Ken or Omi? If you want, I'll stay far in the shadows and they'll never know I'm there. But I'm not letting you go out there alone."

Aya shook his head. "I'm not going to be alone. Sena and Kyou are indeed very capable. I've been working with them for months. I know it doesn't seem like Weiss but by definition they are. They may not know me as well, that's true. But nothing bad will happen."

Yoji grunted. "I'm still going. Whether you want me there or not.."

Aya sighed. "Okay, if you insist. But I have to ask about the outfit. What the hell is it?"

Yoji frowned. "Well since Omi, Kritiker, whomever decided to put my things in storage somewhere, including my gear, I had to improvise. Why? Don't you like it?"

Aya decided to take a good long appraising look. Yoji was wearing low riding brown pants. The belt bunkle seeming to make the pants ride even lower. Not that Aya minded at all. He was quietly admiring the hip bones jutting out over the wasteband of the pants. The hinted curve of groin almost put a lecherous smile of Aya's face. The brownish-black furry looking short coat that lacked the style of his old long flowing blue-black coat. He was barechested except for ... what the hell was that? A huge red cross that was on his chest. Aya wasn't sure what to make of that. Still subconscious of the short curly haircut, Yoji wore a western cowboy hat. There were things about this outfit he really liked and things that just looked ridiculously wrong.

Aya held back a snicker. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you look like a gay cowboy. What's that red thing on your chest? I know you didn't have time to get a tattoo."

"It's body paint. I don't know why Omi has such a fetish about red crosses on the clothes, this was the best I could do," Yoji said. "What? You don't like it?"

"You look like a walking target, with a giant red 'aim for here' cross on your chest," Aya started to laugh.

"You know ridiculing me won't prevent me from coming with you," Yoji gritted out, feeling a little embarrassed that his lover didn't think much of his new assassin gear. It's not like he had a lot to work with here.

Aya tried to regain some of his earlier focus since he did have a mission coming up. "I know I can't stop you. But if Omi finds out about this, you'll be inactive for even longer."

"I told you. I'll stick to the shadows. 'Weiss the Next Generation' will never see me. But if I think you are in serious trouble, I will be there to back you."

"With what?" Aya asked.

Yoji pulled back his brown jacket sleeve to reveal his watch. "Omi thought he got them all, but he was wrong."

"You'll need one more item. It's now standard with Kritiker," Aya said as he walked over to a dresser drawer. "Here," he said as he handed Yoji a gun.

"We carry guns too?" Yoji was amazed. "You're carrying one?"

Aya nodded.

"Hell, I wish we had these when we were chasing Schwarz around. We might have really gotten a chance to beat them every now and then."

"I can't say I love carrying a gun. I try never to use it if I don't need to. You'll have to go through gun training. So try not to shoot me while helping tonight," Aya said with a small smile.

"I do know how to handle a gun. But a refresher course could never hurt," Yoji agreed. "So what time does the English dandy and his Gay cowboy have to be at the rendezvous point?"

Aya raised a eyebrow. "I look like an English dandy?"

"You see anyone else walking around Japan like that except for maybe a J-Rocker?" Yoji laughed.

"Keep it up Target boy, I'll make sure someone shines a spotlight on your chest," Aya joked. He knew he should feel anger that Yoji didn't think he could handle this mission with people he had been working with for months. He should be livid that the man felt a need to protect him like he was too helpless or too stupid to do it on his own. However, he discovered that deep down he felt a weird sense of relief that Yoji would be there. That he wouldn't have to second think if Sena or Kyou would understand his silent cues. This team wasn't really Weiss to him, but just a team. He hoped Omi would let Yoji and Ken get back to active duty soon.

Aya started to let the concept of the mission at hand take over his brain. Yoji recognized the shift and prepared accordingly. "Let's go," Aya muttered, as they headed out into the night.

*********

The mission went without a hitch. The others never saw Yoji, and Yoji did help dispatch a few of the guards that Aya was fighting off. They returned to Aya's apartment exhausted.

Yoji was humming a tune, Aya didn't recognize. "What are you humming?"

"Our new crimefighting theme song. Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy," Yoji laughed.

"I don't understand," Aya frowned.

"It's an old Elton John song," Yoji supplied.

"So I'm suppose to be Captain Fantastic?" Aya asked.

"Unless you want the brown dirt cowboy tag, we could swap outfits," Yoji smiled. He wasn't thrilled to be back in the killing business, but he felt pretty good that he could keep those he loved safe.

The phone rang. Aya walked over to the table to pick up the phone. "Moshi Moshi," He answered.

"Aya-kun, is Yoji with you?" Omi asked, with a slight edge to his voice.

"Hello Omi. Yes, he's here, what do you want?" Aya asked. Yoji moved closer to Aya. Aya waved him back and press the Speaker button on the phone.

"There were some victims that sustained injuries consistent with a wire. Did Yoji go with you tonight Aya-kun?"

"Omi, good to hear from you. How have you been?" Yoji said into the speaker.

"Yoji, don't change the subject. Were you there tonight?" Omi asked the anger barely contained.

"I wasn't there, Omi. Where would I get a wire? You confiscated my watches," Yoji lied.

Omi sighed on the other end. "I know you're lying to me Yotan. I'm not happy about this. But ... I'm going to let this pass. This time only. Do you understand?"

"Understood, Omi. I just wanted to see the others in action. NOT that I did however, since I was home all night waiting for Captain Fantastic," Yoji replied.

"What?" Omi asked. "Okay. Yoji. Just remember this was your only warning. You're not dealing with 'the chibi' anymore. I have lots of responsibilities and I don't want to be forced into taking action against you."

"I'm sorry Omi. It won't happen again," Aya answered for Yoji.

"I hope not," Omi replied. "I'll expect a report soon, Aya."

"You'll have it by tomorrow," Aya replied. "Talk to you soon."

"Goodnight Aya. Yoji," Omi said.

"Bye, Omi." The connection ended.

"I can't believe I got chewed out by the chibi," Yoji sighed.

"Like he said, he's not the chibi anymore. He's Persia these days. You'd do well to remember that," Aya replied.

Yoji sighed. "Don't I know it. So why are we standing here? Shouldn't we be soaking in the shower by now?"

Aya nodded and started to walk to the bathroom, untying the cravat and stripping the long coat.

Yoji followed with a big hentai smile. "Maybe I should the start the water. I have less to take off. You'll be at that for a while. Unless you'd like for me to help you with that."

Aya flashed a glare that had no fire behind it. "You get the shower ready. I'll meet there soon enough."

"You'd better," Yoji laughed.

"Someone's got to scrub that target off you," Aya smiled. Yoji left the room. The sound of running water could be heard, as Aya stripped out of his gear. 'Yes, I think I'll rather enjoy scrubbing that off,' Aya smiled as he entered the bathroom.

OWARI

End Note: Why Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy a very stupid Elton John song with a very unique album cover? I don't know the gay cowboy concept got stuck in my head and Captain Fantastic seemed to fit the bill. No hentai fun in this one because it just didn't really seem to fit for the purpose of this story.