Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Crazy Sunday Mornings ❯ To Hell and Back ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“You want me to what?!”
 
Sacrifice yourself. In behalf of those entirely innocent people that you constantly pit yourself against death to protect.
 
* * *
 
It should hurt. It was supposed to hurt. But damn it if he could feel a thing. He feels a bit lightheaded though; a minute after the first thrust and the skin broke. Now the only thought running through Aya's mind was “This is so fucking homosexual.”
 
* * *
 
“No.”
 
Come now Ran, where is your sense of justice?
 
“I don't live to protect them all from weirdoes like you.”
 
I see. I never thought it would come down to this, Ran, I had such great faith on your profound, if misplaced, sense of justice. But very well, know that you have put this upon yourself.
 
“Where are you going?”
* * *
He put it upon himself, he knows. But he just couldn't let the man go. If it was a man. Common sense would not let him believe the reality… what a fucking paradox. Framed against the window and the moonlight stood Aya in his room in the arms of Yohji, of all people. This was not his night.
 
* * *
 
I need to feed. That is why I have survived all these millennia of years, why I would let my survival rest in the hands of one eager scientist… They thought I am just a myth, did they? Ah, but there is always that one man who thinks otherwise… too bad you killed him.
 
“Jeumans?”
 
I was hoping you were the one to kill him, but never mind. Dream and reality rarely coincide with you fickle humans.
 
“I won't let you kill another innocent bystander.”
 
How, pray tell? You can't even match me, let alone defeat me. I have perfected myself long before even any of your ancestors were ever born. You are mortal and I am not.
 
* * *
 
He knows the futility of struggle, first hand. Feeling dizzier, Aya reluctantly threw an arm over Yohji's neck to support himself. His knees are giving way, and Yohji felt it, so the older man wound an arm around Aya's hips. This close, they can feel each other's emotion. Yohji's embrace tightened as his emotions escalated near euphoria, and Aya gasped.
 
* * *
 
“What have they done against you?”
 
Nothing. Do you ask yourself that same question when you feed? Do you need to have a vendetta against all plants just to eat a potato? I think not.
 
“Fuck you. We're not your food.”
 
On the contrary, you are. As amusing as conversing with you can be, I have to leave. Pressing matters need my attention.
 
* * *
 
Aya tried to remember why he was doing this as the other man's emotion washed over him. He could feel it, though he can't explain why. Like velvety warm sunlight brushing all over his skin, tingling the minute hairs and washing him pink.
 
* * *
 
“Stop…”
 
Listen, boy, no one is innocent. Everyone deserves to die. I just help them get to that a little earlier. Now bug off. I have a certain girl in mind that would do nicely as a surrogate to you. I think you know her. Dark braided hair, brown eyes, and temperamental but mostly nice, lives in her college dorm…
 
“Aya-chan!”
 
Ah yes, that's her name.
 
* * *
 
“Ah… Aya-chan…”
 
Aya screwed his eyes shut as another wave of euphoria emanated from the other man towards him, consuming him and washing out his rage and embarrassment. This wasn't supposed to feel… well… damn well good.
 
* * *
 
“You. Slimy. Bastard. Just you try and I swear I'll…”
 
What? With a sword and a rosary? Maybe some garlic while you're at it? The Church's top occult assassins couldn't even touch my robes, what makes you think you can?
 
“I'll damn well try.”
 
Ah, your sense of justice is coming back. Poor little innocent Aya-chan, killed by a vampire just after resuming life…
 
* * *
 
Minutes stretch like millennia, as Yohji's muscles tightened, preparing for the last few seconds before pulling out. Aya could not see the blood tinged eyes as it opened wide at the moment that felt like the world would shatter and turn inward at the same time.
 
* * *
 
“Damn you.”
 
How far will you go to save her from me, Ran?
 
“To hell and back.”
 
Very well then… All you have to do is accept my simple proposal. Be my willing victim Ran. Let me feed on you for one night in a month. Its just another little sacrifice the world demanded from you to protect your darling little sister…
 
* * *
 
Another sacrifice… just another small sacrifice the world demands of Aya…
 
Yohji made a small hissing sound as he pulled out, licking his teeth lasciviously as he held on to the last of the fading euphoria. Aya almost swooned, almost forgetting himself completely, and he felt the sated sensation of the other man mingling with his own emotions… he felt drained…
 
Ran, Ran, Ran, your blood is exquisite…
 
Coming to himself once more, the horror came back as he stood there in Yohji's arms, his neck licked clean of any droplets of blood there may still be. He mustered his strength and pushed hard at Yohji's chest, unbalancing himself as he stumbled backwards to further the divide. He could hardly form coherent sentences as he snarled the best curses he could gather from a presently feeble mind.
 
“You've got what you want, now leave. I mean it.”
 
Yohji frowned momentarily, before looking out the window towards the pale moon.
 
It will heal. My saliva will close the punctures and you'll regain color once you've rested.
 
“Go away!”
 
With a last sideway glance Yohji hoisted himself deftly on the window ledge and in a moment disappeared into the night, leaving Aya alone, more than ever, and exhaustedly slumped on the hard, wooden floor. Head down, a callused hand felt the punctures on the neck as they closed themselves.
 
* * *
 
“…Damn you…”
 
I already am. But that doesn't mean I can't take you with me.
 
* * *
The darkness hides whatever emotion Aya has, and whether in rage or in sorrow the night only knows. One thing's for sure, however, as the stillness of the night can't conceal the low whisper of a dangerous voice.
 
“Now I'm really going to kill Yohji.”