Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Falls ❯ Don't Look ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi~ Yo!!

^^ My second try on Mediaminer... this is kind of based off the movie Darkness Falls... Youji-torture fic cause... I just like the guy too much! >P

But anyways, rest of it will follow - this is just a starting chapter, and a little AU, so... don't worry. It'll make sense later...

Warnings: ... don't know whether I want it shounen-ai or not, so we'll see. >P

Pairings: Undecided as of now

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimers: Don't own them, with the exceptions of my own characters.

~~~~*~~~~

"Alright now, into bed - both of you." The woman stood at the door as the two children climbed under their covers. Once settled, the woman walked over to the bunk, climbing two-three steps up the ladder to give the youngest son a good-night kiss.

"Now you two fall right to sleep! No under-the-covers flashlights, okay?" The boy nodded his head, she looked below to see the elder daughter nodding her head as well. The mother smiled, heading back towards the door, hand on the light switch she said good-night to them one last time, then turned the lights off and closed the door, leaving it open just ajar.

After a few minutes had passed, the elder sister crawled out of her bed, and climbed up the ladder to her brother's.

"You have your tooth?" She asked, the boy nodded, reaching under his pillow to show his sister the tooth. He smiled at her excitingly when he held it up.

"My last one, o-neechan!"

"Hai, you last baby tooth. It means you're not a baby anymore." She crawled up next to him, taking the tooth from his hand and placed it back underneath his pillow. She gave him a sisterly kiss on the forehead, before climbing back down the ladder.

"Remember, when she comes - don't look at her!" She warned, climbing down the ladder to crawl back into her own bed. The boy laid back down on the mattress, turning on to his side, jade green eyes slowly closing to the welcoming sleep.

~~~~*~~~~

His eyes snapped wide open; he felt as if someone or something was looming over him. A cold, eerie present seemed to be watching him closely - so close he could almost feel warm and cooling air against the back of his neck. It felt like someone breathing; he heard something shoosh around the room, like a bird or bat expect - faster. Afraid, he pulled the covers over his head, searching for the flashlight hidden among the covers.

He held it close to him, keeping it off to avoid drawing attention to himself. He felt something hit the covers, making them flutter just a little so; panic-stricken, he turned the flashlight on, not caring if he drew attention - he already had the attention on him.

"O-neechan?" He whispered softly, hoping his sister would hear him and not the present in the room - he received no response. Taking a risk, he cautiously pulled the covers down just below his eyes, his heart pounding in his chest; he flashed the light around the room, looking to see if the being or present was gone. Pulling the covers completely away from his face, he shone the light more to double check the thing was gone.

Feeling his heart-beat returning to normal, and feeling less panicked, he reached to turn the flashlight off. Just as his finger was on the button, a shadow plunged right in front of him, a white face appeared, but he could only see the shadow outlining the eyes and mouth. He shined the light in the face and let out a scream.

~~~~*~~~~

In the master bedroom, the mother woke up with a start, hearing something she thought was in her dreams. Checking to see her husband still asleep, she slipped out of bed, careful not to disturb his sleep; she opened the door looking down the hall to see the door to the children's bedroom wide open. She noticed a small stream of light under another closed door - the bathroom door to be exact.

She walked down to the door, opening it see both children in there, the elder daughter tugging on the son's arm who was seated on the floor.

"What's wrong, Reina?"

"Youji said he needed to go the bathroom, so we went and now he won't go back in to our room!" The younger blond had himself wrapped tightly into a ball, face buried in his knees. The mother knelt down near Youji, gently running a hand through his hair getting him to look up at her.

"What's the matter, Youji?"

"Mama, something is the room and it wants to get me!" Reina sat cross-legged on the bathroom floor next to her brother, hands resting on her legs. She sighed and pouted at her little brother.

"There's nothing in there! I keep telling you that! You're being such a baby!!"

"Reina, hush!" The dark-haired woman turned to her with a slight stern look; the darker blond looked down to the tilted floor, biting her lower lip. The mother turned back to Youji, standing up to her feet, she signaled the two to follow her; she headed down the hall towards their room. Youji stood at the door, with Reina standing behind him, hand on his shoulder.

// Stay in the light... //

Their mother got closer to the room, and farther from the light of the bathroom; she looked back briefly to see the two were still standing there.

// Please... stay in the light! //

Finally, she reached the door to their room, looking inside to see nothing out of the ordinary. She turned back to them, stepping into the room fully. Youji closed his eyes, repeated in a whisper what he was thinking; Reina looked down at him, then looked back up to their mother.

"See, there's nothing to fear - no ones here."

"MAMA! STAY IN THE LIGHT!!" He yelled, seeing the shadow move behind the woman.

"O-kaasan, behind you!!" The mother looked behind to face the shadow, letting out a scream that was quickly cut off when she was grabbed. Not sparing another moment, Reina pulled Youji back into the lit bathroom, shutting the door tight. The two jumped into the empty tub, Reina holding her brother close in her arms; she didn't see what had gotten their mother, but she knew she didn't want it to get her brother. She looked down at him, gently rocking him back and forth, wiping away the tears.

"It's okay, Youji. Everything will be alright, it's okay, it's okay..." The darker blond buried her face in his hair, holding him tightly. They heard something move along the wall above them and then in front of them, looming outside the door. Reina stared at the door, feeling her pulse and breathing increasing each second; Youji kept his face buried in her chest, looking at the door through the corner of his eyes.

The door suddenly bursted open, an ear-piercing shrill sounded through the open frame and in the hall. Reina looked away from the door, burying her face back into her brother's hair; Youji held on to her, crying into her chest. With either one afraid to move, the two stayed there for the rest of the night.

~~~~*~~~~

Next Morning:

Police and ambulance were crowded around one house; one officer was questioned the father about the incident. The man couldn't explain, all he could say was he woke up, found both his children asleep in the bathroom with the light on and the mother dead in their bedroom. The officer nodded, saying he would update the family for anything found, then dismissed him. He headed for the car, where Reina and Youji were sitting in the back waiting for him; Seating himself in the on the driver's side, he sighed before starting up the engine.


"O-toosan?"

"Daijoubu, Reina, Youji - daijoubu." Reina nodded, watching behind them as they drove off. Once the house was out of sight, she looked down to her little brother, staring out the window; she reached her hand out to place on his shoulder, but flinched away from her touch.

"It's not your fault... it never was." The lighter blond remained silent for a moment, before speaking.

"I saw her..."

"Who?" Again he remained silent, staring out the car window. Reina leaned in closer, getting a good hold on her brother's shoulder.

"Who did you see?"

"Her - I saw her, O-neechan. You were right... I shouldn't have looked." He looked at her with a blank look; the darker blond didn't understand what her brother meant, but the last part seemed to how clicked something in her mind. She had to laugh.

"Youji, it's just a story - nothing more! It was just to scare us as kids! She doesn't exist!!"

"I saw her and now she's going to get me just like she got mama..."

"... Youji..." The lighter blond looked down to the floor, small tears escaping his child green eyes. Reina unbuckled his seat belt and pulled him in the middle, fastening him back in; she held Youji against her, one hand gently rubbing his scalp to calm him down.

"Daijoubu - we're leaving now, it's okay, right? Youji? Youji?"

~~~~*~~~~

Thought I try something supernatural for a change. And yes, Youji does have an older sister in this one, so just pretend with me, onegai? ;-;

For those of you who haven't seen or heard of Darkness Falls, it's a story about the tooth fairy. That's right the tooth fairy, but not those nice and happy and magical stories - nope, I'm talking about the scary, spooky, vengeful type tooth fairy.

Anyways, can't say too much, or I'll give my fic away, so see ya next time!


Emotional_Hikari