Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Flammentanzer ❯ Why? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Hmm.. the usual.. that this characters does not belong to me…(if they were belong to me.. I would be the target of yaoi fangirls assassin^.^) Weiss and Schwarz and all characters that related to them belong to Project Weiss and the story is just fictional..

Pairing: when the time comes… as for now Yohji/Ran^^

Again this is a very-very OOC and AU story… thanks to my beta readers for this fiction,. thank you very much for your comments and grammar review^^ I also wished to express my special thanks to Mara-chan for her contribution in the last part of this Chapter^___^

Chapter 4 - Why?

Reality Is The Curse of The Sane

The Murder Book

They had checked in the small hotel room, somewhere downtown and Yohji had made sure that the hotel room was facing the road. This way he could check once in a while for anything suspicious. He could hear the sound of shower running in the bathroom, he had let Ran take his shower before him.

He looked at himself in the mirror, {I need to shave} He let out a big sigh. He had been sighing a lot nowadays.

Ran came out from the bathroom wrapped in only a towel, a breathtaking sight to see, "Your turn" he said tapping at Yohji's shoulder who was watching him without blinking for few minutes.

Yohji shook his head and stepped into the bathroom, letting the warm water caressing his body, soothing his nerves, right now dreams and hope does not matter. The sound of the shower lulled him. He closed his eyes, and remembered the day their life on the run started, like a film projecting a show in his mind.

**************

Takatori Masufami had been watching them, monitoring them, almost stalking them. Noting each of their every move, searching for any abnormalities. He was very interested on the development of his experiment. He had given the brown hair boy the mildest of the serum, the blue factor, the blond was injected with green serum and his mind wanders to the redhead-three serums, the redhead would be the best specimen if everything worked out. He would be famous, if the serum worked, his time and effort to create the perfect human weapon would be a success.

Their DNA should be reacting to the serums any days now. He wanted to examine them; test them and probe them with his own hands-they were his creation. He needed to get rid of anyone that close to them, no ties, no strings attached and when they disappear. No questions. His father Takatori Reiji is a prominent man, he wouldn't want any link that would connect the Takatori family to anything that would jeopardize the family reputation.

His patience was not fruitless. He was rewarded with few reports from his insiders in the college.

The brown hair boy was reported to be attracting metal objects…

The blond boy was reported had an ability to push people's mind. If he remembered it correctly, the term is Mind Pusher. It was also said that the blond could create illusions. He needed to study on him more.

But the redhead, nothing was reported but his scientific instincts knew that something was developing within the redhead. He smiled. Though he had no idea what the redhead capabilities is, he still wanted him badly.

He walked off from the college compound, took out his mobile phone from his coat and start dialing.

The Cleaner.

He will collect them once the unnecessary baggage had been removed...

***************

They were taking a short break from their studies, after the funeral service of Ran's parents and sister Aya, Ran was still flustered with what had happened, the death of his family was too much for him. He received the unexpected call one morning informing him of the tragedy, his family had involved in accident due to break failure…

Yohji knew how Ran's felt as he was very close to his family and he loved his sister more than anything. He had been crying all the way from the college to his hometown, at the funeral service and on their way back to the college. Yohji tried to comfort Ran, he and Ken suggested that they took a stop at Ran's grandparents house located far away from town for a day or more. Ran agreed, he hadn't been there for quite sometime and it is a serene place to calm a troubling mind.

They could see the house, which was surrounded by trees. The pathway to it was narrow, grass growing neatly along the sidewalks and on the lawn. It was a medium wooden house with an old fashioned Japanese glass window. It had a kitchen, three bedrooms and a hall with an old sofa. Ran had told them that the sofa was left by his father to his grandparents before they moved away.

The population in that area was small and houses were miles away from each other, secluded far from the metropolitan noises. No honking, no music, no neon lights and almost no people. The only thing they could hear was the bird singing welcoming a brand new dawn, the sounds of crickets and the fireflies lighting the night.

They had stayed there for almost three days and on the third night, Ran was cooking dinner in the kitchen, he was good at it. Yohji was too lazy to cook; he thought that it was too feminine for him, while Ken would burn everything he tried to cook. Yohji was seated lazily at the hall sofa while Ken was watching some game show on TV. Yohji heard something, but ignored it thinking that he was being worried for no reason.

Suddenly, Yohji and Ken heard a sound-a swirling swoosh! Followed by the sound of shattering glass. They turned to look at the sound when out of nowhere two canisters dropped on the hall floor, emitted a white yellowish smoke, burning their eyes to tears and making both of them cough violently. The hall filled with fumes, making their breathing painful and difficult. Ran had run towards them from the kitchen and was frantically calling them, his voice chocked off with convulsive cough. They had smoked the kitchen too.

They had thrown tear gas forcing them to come out from the house. An ambush! Ran found Yohji and Ken on the floor, coughing and gagging. Pulling themselves together, slamming the front door open, the three of them ran towards the lawn, away from that smoke.

Yohji's eyes was still burning and filled with tears that when he opened it, his vision was blurry, he could hear Ken's frantic voice, calling him and Ran over and over again. When he could focus, he saw one of the men had drawn some kind of a gun and fired. Then his eyes were blinded by bright light coming from the jeep headlight.

He heard Ken's voice again, this time more hysterically then before, he tried to focus and he saw a shooting net had spread and caught Ken in it. Ken fell down on the grass and struggled himself trying to break free from the net, but the net had tightened its hold.

Ran was on his knees, shocked, apparently not knowing what to do… he was in the middle.. on Yohji's right. Ken was trapped in the net. He ran towards Yohji, another net was shot, barely miss Ran by an inch, everything happened so fast, everything is confusing, one of the men drew his gun.

A shot went off!

"Not the redhead, moron. The big brass wants him back to the Facilities unharmed"

Yohji he was panic. He quickly grabbed Ran and pushed him to his back, looking confused and scared. Who the hell are these guys?

"Neutralized the brown hair"

Another shot went off.

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" Ran started to scream when he saw Ken was bleeding - that's when his power moved to strike its deadly blow.

Yohji could feel the deadly heat passing him, his mouth went gaping for he saw the man who had shot Ken was hurled by an unseen forces of gravity…

Up! up! up! and explode… shattering bits and pieces of his flesh on the ground-dispersing the blood like a mist.

The other two men backed away…. Yohji himself back away, he didn't know what was happening, but he saw Ran was standing there, unmoved and his deadly cold violet eyes were focusing on the men.

Yohji didn't have to wait any longer. He could hear the man scream, loud and gargling in unbearable pain as he was tossed and slammed to the nearest tree, the impact was so extreme that Yohji could swear to himself that he could heard the man's bones shatter- it didn't stop there, the man was tossed up again, more screams-crucified to the tree branch and burned.

The other man, the partner may be, tried to run away, running towards the waiting jeep… hands trembling to start the engine, he could not go far, the jeep rocked violently from side to side, swirling itself up to the air, making a whirling sound and another piercing and shuddering scream, a scream that those who heard it would never forget. The screaming ceased when the jeep burst into pieces in the air, like a spectacular firework display.

Ran turned his head towards the other men, a bright orange flame came out from nowhere-zigzagging across the lawn, as if dancing- swallowing whatever came across its path, hunting the running men, engulfing them as they ran, wailing before they dropped looking like a burning rag. The jeep gave a `rrrrrrrrr' sound then slammed itself to the nearest tree before blowing up, followed by a blast from another jeep.

Yohji realize this is Ran's capability. A horrific capability. Yohji turned to look at Ran.. who was.. smiling? Did he smile? He seemed to enjoy the fiery dance that he had created. The spot where the house stood was now engulfed by a crimson ball…

Among the bright orange light and the explosion, Yohji saw that the men in the Subaru car had picked Ken up and thrown him inside the car. He saw Ran had turned his head towards the car. Yohji was horrified. If he didn't stop him now, he would burn the car and with Ken in it.

"Stop Ran!!! Enough!! Ken is in the car!!" Yohji desperately yelled at Ran.

Ran didn't hear him, these men had shot Ken and they must pay for hurting his friend. The driver of the car had driven near to a barn not far away from the burning house, Ran rose his right hand, and from his palm came a sudden bolt of lightning striking the barn missing the car narrowly.

Yohji was getting more desperate; he moved closer to Ran and slapped him hard across the face, till his head tilted. Ran startled and looked accusingly at Yohji.

"Enough! Ran, enough! please…" his voice choked as he spoke as he hugged Ran "Please…"

Ran pulled himself from Yohji and look around-now realize what he had done and began to break down, his body trembled furiously, rocking back and forth. Yohji pulled Ran to his chest tightly, soothing him, cradling him like a mother cradles her crying baby.

"What have they done to us?" he whispered and joined Ran's cries.

"Ken?" Ran whispered, head still burrowing in Yohji's chest.

"They took him.. in the car"

Ran looked up at Yohji, body shaken as he spoke. "I..I.. I almost killed him?"

Yohji look at Ran's pallid face, his hand print was visible on the redhead's right cheek. He had slapped him on the cheek to wake him up from destroying everything and almost killing Ken. All that was left now was the burning sound, the false orange daylight brightening the sky and the smell of the barbequed burning corpses.

It was deafening….

"Hush! Ran, it's not your fault."

"Who are they? Why? What have we done?"

Yohji could not answer.

They took off on foot that night, afraid that the men had sent back ups, and to leave before the villagers and police swamped the place. A few days later, while they were running away, Yohji had heard on TV as they walked near the electrical shop, on the news of his and Ken's parents' death. His parent died in a house robbery and Ken's parent died in an elevator accident. Both happened simultaneously. Different places same story.

He cried; he could never see them again, he knew if he tried to attend the funeral service, then they will be waiting for him. He didn't mind about himself, but he could never leave Ran alone. He was sure that the men who had escaped must have reported to whoever had sent them what they saw and what the redhead had done.

************

Yohji opened his eyes, staring at the bathroom wall and sighing heavily.

He was worried about Ken but he didn't know where he was now, unless he let himself get caught. But if he did, what about Ran? Leave him? They want Ran more than anything now, their brainchild. What do they want to do to him? Test him further, to see if there are any hidden talents that they didn't know off? Confine him in a human test tube? But, why an ambush? Something click in his mind…maybe… Yohji thought. Maybe they thought that they were trying to run away.. since they didn't return to the college after Ran's family funeral service.

Their abilities were nothing to boast of. It was weak and harmless.

Ken has a mild magnetic capabilities, his body had become sort of magnetic field, attracting all metal elements.. it was funny back then, watching a stapler hanging onto Kens' body and the metal pins stuck on his face, Ran would tease Ken by calling him Magneto from the X-Men though he is not as powerful as the psycho mutant in that comic. They would start making fun of Ken where Ran will throw any metal things to Ken and see whether it would glue to his body. Both of them had laughed crazily watching Ken blushing furiously trying hard to take off a frying pan that had stuck stubbornly on his butt.

But now… It wasn't funny at all.

And he himself could push people's minds.. Getting them do what he wanted them to, projecting things that he wanted them to see. But he was not a telepath, so he couldn't read other people's thoughts. Also, it works only on people with weak minds, not those with too brilliant or complicated minds. It was fun watching all those people that he don't like especially the snobbish rich brat from the college acting exactly like monkey when he push their mind, he had a weak point whenever he used his capabilities. It would followed with a headache.. how severe? that would depend on how often he used it.

Ran had shown no sign at all. Yohji and Ken initially thought that Ran had received the placebo. Ran was content with that, he couldn't care less whether he had any abilities or not. What they couldn't explain is their room curtains and sometimes their books would burst into flame with no apparent reason.

They had blamed it on Yohji since he was the smoker in the group.

"Yohji… you're getting careless with your smoking habit." Ran had said to him.

"Yeah, it might burn you and us all one day" Ken added.

He replied with a snort, "or may be you accidentally set them on fire when you were cooking."

There's always a logical explanation like that.

***********

The knocks on the bathroom door woke him up from his thoughts. He quickly grabbed a towel and opened the door and saw Ran's concern face.

"Are you okay? You were taking too long in the bathroom. I was afraid that something had happened."

"No.. nothing. I'll be out in seconds"

Ran stared at Yohji's face suspiciously. "Okay, I'll make some drinks."

Yohji nodded and closed the bathroom door. When he came out, he saw two cups on the small coffee table placed near the room's window. The curtains hung from the window frame, some were drawn and some were pulled open. He walked to the window, took a peek outside and drew the curtain fully. Ran was lying on the bed wearing only the new boxer that they had bought earlier, exposing his pale body.

The room had a small single bed, for both of them to share the bed and to avoid falling off was by a close body contact. Not that it mattered to Yohji, Ran had been sleeping close to him for the last couple of days while they were on the run.

But looking at Ran now. Yohji had no doubt that Ran was a beautiful young man. Not only the girls had an eye on him but also the guys. They just didn't make any advances since Yohji was there-protecting him like a big brother. Oh! He heard what they had rumored behind his back, but he didn't care.

He admit that he admired Ran secretly, and he had hid the feeling effectively by pretending to go on dates with girls. He was afraid if he did or said something stupid, then Ran would never trust him again, or worse Ran would never want to be near him ever, probably thinking that he is some kind of twisted pervert who lusted over young boys.

His eyes lingered at Ran who was staring at the ceiling blankly, lost in his own thoughts. He looked so vulnerable, but Yohji knew he was deadly dangerous.

Yohji sighed. Now isn't the time to admire. He moved towards Ran and sat beside him on the bed.

"We are not staying in this town." Ran watched him questioningly. "We can't stay here. I have a hunch that those people are out there and catching us pretty quickly." He continued.

"Any plans?"

"Do you remember Asuka?" Ran nodded. "Well… she told me that before her parents migrated, they had bought a vacation house in a very isolated mountain area. We could stay there for a while. I hope they didn't know where the place is, or I might not know what to do," he paused. "Right now that's the only plan I can think of."

"How are we getting there?"

"We can't afford to go by any public transport, first of all it's easy for them to trail us and second of all we have little money. We will hitchhike, and hope that's the safest way."

Ran nodded again. "When?"

"We wait till it's dark, then we can walk through the park again and hike on the highway."

Ran sat up, but moved too fast and fell back onto the bed and accidentally pulled Yohji down with him, their faces were barely an inch apart. Yohji looked surprised and Ran was blushing.

Hesitantly, Yohji moved his hand burying it in the soft crimson locks and received no protest from the redhead, instead Ran snaked his hand around the blonde's neck.

It seemed like their faces were getting drawn closer together. Yohji could feel Ran's quickened breath warm against his own lips, his violet pools wide open and watching him closely.

He rested a hand on Ran's side and leaned in to close what little gap was left. But before he could…

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Yohji pulled back. Ran blinked, then blushed a bright red that gave his own hair a run for its money. Inwardly Yohji swore, then smiled apologetically and went to answer the door.

********

A/N I posted 2 chapters... because no. 1. I am going to concentrate on Ken, 2. My OC and Schwarz intro, 3. Omi and the last painful reason.. I have human resource training conducted by my office for 2 weeks. *sigh* But I really hope you like these 2 chapters though... btw, on Ran's power... may be some would say.. 'hey I know that power'.. Yes! I had wrote to the author and she told me not to worry as I did not plagarised her story.. thank God! *relief sigh*

Fuuma By the way.. I like to thanked Pandora for agreeing to be underneath me when this story ends *hentai grin*

Me *sweatdrop* Pandora-chan!!! gomen nasaaaaaaiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!! My muse is in his hentai overdose *sigh*