Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Frozen ❯ Frozen ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Frozen

A/N: I actually got the inspiration for this fic while I was playing Diablo2 and building up my character's cold resistance. So I stopped playing and started writing and wrote this fic in about hour.

Yohji sighed and watched his breath linger on the chilly air in front of him. He didn't like this mission from the start. From the word `go' the mission had been plagued with problems. The security system for the building was complex and Omi had nearly ended up setting it off before finally managing to disengage it. Once inside they separated into two groups, Siberian and Bombay were to retrieve files on the company's research while Abyssinian and Balinese were to eliminate the targets. As soon as they began to move deeper into the building they realized that the blueprints that Kritiker had supplied them with for the building were of no use, as recent renovations had changed everything around. Though luck was on the side of Abyssinian and Balinese when they found the first target. Though they only found this target because Mizowori Taki had happened to walk down the same hallway that they were following. With a quick flash of Balinese's wire the target was down, and within moments the dead body was hidden in a nearby closet to hopefully prolong his discovery. It was when Abyssinian went to report to the others, that one target had been eliminated, that they ran into their next problem. The communicators proved to be worthless. There wasn't even any static, only dead silence. Despite the problems they proceeded with the mission. Fifteen minutes later Balinese was sure that he had spotted the second target and gave chase, with Abyssinian close behind him. However, when they went through the door at the end of the hall it lead them into a large freezer, filled with empty shelves. As they turned to leave they heard the door click shut and saw the face of the remaining target grinning at them through the small window. Balinese and Abyssinian rushed the door, and Balinese attempted to open it, only to find it locked. The man grinned at them and waved before walking away. And that is what led to their current predicament, locked in freezer praying for Omi and Ken to come and rescue them before they froze to death.

Yohji wasn't sure how long it had been; only that it felt like hours had passed. The cold had seemed to soak through to his bones and made his lungs ache. Though he doubted the ice prince Aya even noticed the cold. He almost laughed out loud at the thought and turned to look at Aya. Aya was sitting completely still his head hung forward. Yohji frowned. "Aya?" No response. "Aya!" He said a little louder this time. Aya stirred slightly but didn't respond. Yohji moved over to kneel in front of Aya. Aya was paler then normal and his lips had a bluish tinge, which worried Yohji. He grabbed his shoulders and gave him a light shake. "Aya!"

This time Aya's eyes opened and he looked at Yohji with tired violet eyes. "What?"

"You weren't responding." Yohji said. He relaxed his hold on Aya's shoulders but didn't let go.

"Didn't hear you."

"You have to stay awake. Remember? You were the one that pointed that out before." Yohji chuckled slightly.

"Sleepy."

Yohji lightly massaged Aya's shoulders as he spoke. "I know, so am I. It's because of the cold. But we can't go to sleep, you know that."

"They aren't going to come." Aya said quietly.

"Hey, don't think that way." Yohji said firmly. But he had been thinking the exact same thing Omi and Ken were not going to come, not in time to save them and maybe not ever.

Aya looked away from Yohji. "Why not? It's the truth." Aya said, his voice as sad and tired.

Yohji gently turned Aya's head back, hating to see such sadness in the violet eyes. He gave Aya a reassuring smile. "They'll be here."

Aya closed his eyes again. He was cold and tired and just wanted to go to sleep and couldn't understand why Yohji wouldn't just let him. Help was not coming and he wasn't going to delude himself into thinking it was.

"Aya… please stay awake."

Reluctantly, Aya opened his eyes again and looked at Yohji. "There is no help coming, Yohji. You have to accept that."

Yohji shook his head. "I can't believe that you are willing to just give in. If you go to sleep now you will die. Do you get that?" When Aya said nothing Yohji continued. "Is that what you want? Do you want to die?" Aya tried to turn his head but Yohji firmly held his chin to stop him from doing so. "Answer me, Aya. Do you want to die?"

"I…" A part of him had wanted to die every since the tragic day that had destroyed his happy life. "It doesn't matter, we are going to die."

"That wasn't the question." Yohji said.

Aya was silent for a moment, and Yohji was about to ask again when Aya answered the question. "Yes."

Yohji's eyes saddened. "Why?" He asked as he moved to lean against the wall next to Aya. He hoped he could keep Aya awake long enough by keeping him talking.

"I have no reason to live." Aya said.

"What about your sister?" Yohji asked.

Aya stiffened and was quiet for a moment. "Perhaps death is what I deserve for being unable to help her."

"If you die now she will be alone." Yohji pointed out.

"At times I wonder if she would be better off away from me and what I have become." Aya said.

Yohji didn't need to ask Aya what he had become for it was the same thing he had became after losing Asuka… a killer. "What about her medical bills? I thought Kritiker only paid as long as you were in Weiss."

"If I die on a mission her bills will keeping being paid. I made sure of that." Aya said.

Yohji wasn't sure what to say, he had thought reminding Aya of his sister would be enough to make the red head want to hold on, but it seemed he been mistaken. Not knowing what else to do he wrapped his arms around Aya and held him close.

Aya stiffened but made no movement to pull away from Yohji. "What are you doing?"

"You may want to die but I don't want you too." Yohji said.

"Why would you care?"

"Because… because I care about you and I don't want to lose any more of the people that I care about."

Aya looked at Yohji in surprise. He had kept walls up all around himself to keep from getting close to anyone and to keep people away from him. Now Yohji said that he cared about him despite all of that and he was confused as to how it could be possible. "Why?"

Yohji shrugged slightly. "I think because at times I have looked into your eyes and seen the person you are without the cold mask of Abyssinian in place."

Aya wasn't sure what to say so he just stared at Yohji and said nothing.

Yohji was quiet for a moment as well. He was really starting to doubt there would be a rescue and decided if he was going to die there were some things that he wanted to tell Aya before he went to hell for his sins. "Truthfully…. I don't just care about you, I am in love with you."

Aya's eyes widened as he thought that he surely had heard Yohji wrong. There was no way the infamous playboy Yohji Kudoh was proclaiming that he was in love with him. "What?"

Yohji turned slightly so they were looking into each other's eyes. "I love you." He said quietly before leaning forward and gently kissing Aya on the lips.

Aya stiffened at first but quickly relaxed at the feeling of Yohji's lips pressed against his own in a tender a kiss. He parted his lips to allow Yohji to deepen the kiss, and Yohji was quick to oblige. Yohji ran his fingers through Aya's crimson hair, holding him close as he kissed him deeply. Yohji figured this would be the first and last time he kissed Aya and wanted to have the memory stay with him even through death. When the need for air became overwhelming the two parted lips and stared breathlessly into each other's eyes.

Somehow the kiss made him feel warmer all over. It made him feel loved. It made him find a reason to live. A reason he knew then had been in his heart all along. "I love you too, Yohji."

"Really?" Yohji asked hopefully.

Aya smiled and nodded. "I will live for you."

Yohji grinned brightly and hugged Aya tightly. "Thank you." He whispered into Aya's ear.

Aya wrapped his arms around Yohji and leaned into the embrace, and despite the frigid cold that surrounded them, he felt warmer. "Would you kiss me again?"

Yohji chuckled. "Of course." He pulled Aya's lips to his own, and once again deeply kissed the younger man.

When the kiss broke Aya smiled at Yohji. "Your kisses and embrace make me feel warm."

"And yours warm me." Yohji lightly kissed Aya's lips and smiled at him. "Now we will stay warm until help arrives."

"And forever after." Aya said.

This time it was Aya who captured Yohji's lips with a searing kiss.

` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` `

The mission was a disaster. Bombay had only retrieved half of the files off the computer before they ran into problems and alarms went off. Bombay and Siberian moved quickly, but in a matter of minutes a couple dozen guards had descended upon them. It was only the lack of experience most the guards had that allowed them to escape relatively unharmed. As they made their way to the exit, to meet up with Abyssinian and Balinese they crossed paths with the one of the targets. Siberian leapt forward, readied to strike the man dead. But, Kilorimi Seiko avoided the deadly strike and pulled out his gun and aimed it at Siberian.

"I took your friends out and I can take you out just as easily." Seiko's eyes were wide and wild and he started firing off several shots.

One bullet found its mark tearing through Siberian's left shoulder. Siberian stumbled back, clenching a hand over the wound and gritting his teeth in pain. Bombay raised his crossbow and fired a single arrow through the Seiko's arm. Seiko screamed in pain and dropped the gun as he stumbled backwards.

Bombay readied a second arrow and aimed it at Seiko. "What did you do to our friends?"

Seiko laughing, his hand clamped over his bleeding arm. "You can't save them. They'll be dead by now."

"What did you do to them?" Bombay yelled. He fought back the tears he could feel building in his eyes at the thought that the two eldest Weiss were dead.

"Put them on ice." Seiko grinned. He slowly reached for a second gun while he thought the two assassins were distracted.

There was a flash of metal. "OMI! He's got another gun!"

Omi fired the second arrow. This arrow pierced Seiko's heart and instantly killed him. Omi stared at the dead man tearfully, he hadn't meant to kill him, not when he was the only one who knew where Aya and Yohji where. Ken walked over and put a hand on Omi's shoulder.

"Now he can't tell us where they are." Omi said sadly.

"You had no choice." Ken said. "And I'm sure we can find them. What about the tracers?"

"I don't know if they'll work. The communicators don't." Omi said. He pulled a small device out of his pocket. At first he frowned, hitting the side of the machine a couple times with the palm. Then he grinned. "I got a lock on them."

"Great. Let's go get them." Ken said.

"What if…" Omi's voice trailed off.

"I'm sure they're fine." Ken said.

Omi turned and looked at Ken. "What about your shoulder?"

"It will be fine. It mostly just grazed the shoulder. Luckily he had quite bad aim." Ken chuckled.

Omi didn't look entirely convinced but he nodded. Then they took off running, dispatching any remaining guards as they tracked their tracers.

They reached the freezer door minutes later. "This where it says they are." Omi said as he tucked the device back into his pocket. "Let's hope it's right and that they're okay."

Ken pulled the lock pin and opened the door. Omi went to rush in but froze at the sight that met his eyes. Aya and Yohji were holding each other in an embrace, their lips locked together in a kiss as they say unmoving.

"Aya-kun? Yohji-kun?" Omi said as he looked at the elder Weiss members in confusion. But they didn't answer, nor did they make any movement.

Ken moved past Omi and walked over Aya and Yohji. The closer he stepped the paler he could see their skin was and that there was frost clinging to their clothes and hair. With his breath held he knelt down in front of them and reached out to check their pulses. He pressed his fingers against Yohji's neck and then Aya's. Then he slowly stood up and looked sadly at Omi and shook his head.

"No… they can't be…." Omi didn't care about trying to hide his tears and allowed them to flow freely down his cheeks.

"They are." Ken said as he stepped back over to Omi and put an arm around the younger man.

"They're dead?"

Ken nodded sadly. "I'm afraid so. They… they froze to death." Omi started to cry hard, clinging to Ken. Ken gently rubbed Omi's back. "I think they died happy. They were both smiling."

"We have to get them out of there." Omi said as he stepped away.

Ken shook his head. "We couldn't carry them. We have to leave them behind. But we do need to get out of here."

"I don't want to leave them." Omi said sadly.

"Neither do I. But, we have no choice."

Omi looked at Aya and Yohji's frozen forms one last time then nodded reluctantly. The remaining two members of Weiss then hurried away, never looking back, leaving their teammates behind frozen in their embrace forevermore.