Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ It's All Relative ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Aya had left Yohji stirring something unrecognizable for breakfast. The blond assassin's question burned in his mind. Why HAD Crawford allowed him to be stabbed? Could he have prevented it? The urge to confront Crawford in his office and demand answers was very strong, but Aya ignored it. He needed time alone to come to terms with the pain he felt in his chest. Aya didn't understand why he felt hurt anyway. It wasn't like they had been lovers when he was attacked. Still, it felt like a betrayal of some kind. He rubbed his knuckles over his breastbone and padded to his room for his sword. Maybe a punishing workout would make things clearer.

Schuldig was waiting for him in his room. Aya sighed heavily. He should have known the telepath would eavesdrop on his conversation with Yohji.

"It wasn't with malicious intent, Aya. Yohji's mental pain is considerable. It's not easy to block emotions that strong. I started listening to see if he would be okay."

"So you know what he asked me?"

"Ja."

"Well?"

Schuldig shrugged his shoulders. "What do you want me to say, kitty? It's not like Crawford makes me privy to all his thoughts. I didn't know we were rescuing you until right before we did."

"And after?" Aya asked.

"You know what happened after. We brought you home and took care of you."

"Manipulated my emotions, too."

Schuldig looked offended. "More like made you realize you had some." He spread his hands wide in supplication. "Have you been unhappy with us? Was it such a bad deal to join us?"

"Couldn't Crawford have approached me earlier?"

"I don't know. Can you honestly say you would have listened and even considered his proposal?"

Aya considered that and had to admit to himself that he probably wouldn't have. It was more likely he would have attacked them first and asked questions later or never. Aya drew in a deep breath and closed his eyes. He felt Schuldig cross the room and cup his face. Aya opened his eyes to see earnest blue ones searching his expression.

"Don't be angry, Aya. Things worked out for the best. Maybe events happened the way they were supposed to. For what it's worth, I'm glad you're here." A small mysterious smile curved the telepath's mouth. "I'm glad you're both here."

Aya touched his forehead to Schuldig's and stroked the other man's long hair. That was a change in himself he couldn't regret, the ability to touch and accept the touch of another. Schuldig cocked his head to the side and snickered. At Aya's puzzled look he gestured to the downstairs.

"Yohji is not so great in the kitchen. He's cursing and picking egg shells from the eggs."

Aya smiled faintly. "Maybe we better rescue him before he poisons us all."

"I'll go. You need to talk to Crawford, Ja?" Schuldig beamed his most mischievous grin. "Take some of the starch out of him."

Aya gave the smirking telepath a light shove and knocked on Crawford's office door right before entering. The man behind everything sat at his desk, his silvery hair hanging in his eyes. Honey brown eyes gleamed knowingly over the top of his steel-framed glasses. He watched Aya approach expectantly.

"I think you already know what I want to ask," Aya began.

"Yes and I did let you get hurt," Crawford interrupted him.

That traitorous pang twinged Aya's chest again. He ruthlessly suppressed it.

"You wouldn't have talked to me otherwise," Crawford continued. "You know it and I know it."

"You took advantage of my weakened state and used my loneliness against me," Aya accused.

"I did," Crawford acknowledged. He removed his glasses and rose from his leather chair to stand before Aya. "I used every opening to get you to join us and I would do it again."

Aya stared fixedly at Crawford's collar instead of meeting his gaze. His throat tightened painfully on his next question, but he had to know.

"Is that why you took me to bed, too?"

Soft laughter followed his question and Aya flinched at his own stupidity. The bastard was laughing at him! He stepped backwards before the urge to do something violent overtook him. Crawford caught his chin in a vise like grip and forced Aya's head up to meet his gaze.

"I took you to bed because I desired you, Aya, no other reason," Crawford said with a husky tone of voice. "Believe me when I say my job as leader of Schwarz would be easier without you as my lover. You started to matter to me."

Because of the irritation in his lover's voice, Aya took his words as truth. He remembered that Crawford's anger had been disproportionate over his arrival in Japan. Some small amount of relief flooded him. Crawford wasn't using him. Aya threaded his fingers through Crawford's silver hair to pull his head down the couple of inches necessary to reach his mouth.

"I can't say I'm sorry I'm here, Brad," Aya mouthed the words in a whisper over Crawford's lips. He could feel the slight responsive shaking in the taller man's hand on his jaw. "But if you ever try manipulating me like that again I'll filet you with my katana."

"So noted," Crawford answered and crushed his mouth in a bruising kiss. He brushed a possessive hand over the vulnerable skin and recent injury of Aya's neck.

Crawford turned Aya until his hips rested against the edge of the desk and tilted his head back with a handful of red hair. He skimmed his lips down the pale throat to feel the rapid pulse and swirled his tongue in the hollow. Aya arched his back and one leg raised in reflex to wrap around Crawford's flank. His breathing quickened at the feel of teeth lightly scraping against his skin. He leaned back on his elbows when Crawford raised the hem of his shirt to lave the skin of his taut abdomen while clever hands made quick work of unfastening his pants. Crawford took him in with one swallow and Aya's breath left him in an explosive gasp.

The incredible heat and suction left Aya trembling with need. Crawford teased him by slowing his movements to a leisurely pace that ratcheted his desire but denied him release.

"Brad," Aya moaned. "Gods, I want..."

Aya's words trailed off as Crawford stripped him of his pants and pushed him further onto the desk. Dislodged papers fluttered unheeded to the floor. Crawford leaned over Aya and reached for the top drawer and came up with a familiar tube.

"You planned this?" Aya tried to focus his thoughts enough to be coherent.

Crawford licked the shell of his ear and flipped the top to coat his fingers. Sure, confident touches had Aya writhing and panting. He rocked his hips against Crawford's fingers and clutched at his back. Crawford drew back to drop his own slacks and briefs. He used his slick hand to stroke their erections together. Aya hummed deep in his throat and crossed his ankles behind Crawford's back to grind them tighter together.

"It always pays to be prepared," Crawford answered and thrust forward in one smooth stroke.

"What?" Aya forgot the question as Crawford hit his prostate dead on. He groaned and clung to broad shoulders.

Crawford wrapped his fingers around Aya's throat to force eye contact while he flexed his hips. Brown bore into lavender and he sped up his strokes until Aya came with a hoarse cry. His body tightened on Crawford and the man slammed him hard into the desk with another stroke to empty himself with a throbbing moan. They sprawled over the desk, trembling and gasping for air. Aya felt thoroughly debauched and sated. His back ached from contact with the unyielding wood and his legs felt rubbery. Crawford rested on his chest and framed his face to kiss him deeply.

/Yohji and I are going out for breakfast./ Schuldig's voice invaded both their heads. /You two are on your own./

"Fine with me," Crawford answered aloud, still holding Aya's gaze. "Come back around lunch."

/Lunch? You're bragging, Crawford./

/Go away, Schu/ Aya grinned and slid off the desk to pull Crawford after him to stumble back to the bedroom.

Aya let the rest of his doubts flow from his mind and grabbed Crawford's shirt to rip the buttons loose. Crawford's eyes popped open in disbelief at his lover's impatient eagerness.

"That was Turnbull and Asser."

"Now it's a rag," Aya purred.

"I should take that out on your ass," Crawford stalked the redhead across the room.

"Not this time, Brad." Aya pounced and wrestled the heavier man beneath him to the bed. "Turn about's fair play. My turn."

Schuldig grabbed his keys and hustled Yohji into the garage to keep from jumping the blond goaded by second hand lust. When he finally got Yohji back into bed Schuldig wanted it to be purely the two of them and not the echoes of their teammates. He was sure it was only a matter of time. Life in Schwarz hadn't been this good ever.