Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Love As Blood ❯ Love As Blood ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: All Weiss Kreutz stuff/characters are not owned by me and all rights apply to the lucky bastards who do own them. I make absolutely nothing off this except gratification of my own sick and twisted desires.
 
The song Love As Blood is by the band Icon Of Coil and all rights apply to them.
 
 
Love As Blood Songfic
 
~Farfarello~
 
Sent down from heaven;
to become a rose among the ashes.
The motion in your fall;
the voice when you get mean.
I was sent down from heaven for daring to exert free will. Why allow us such a thing if we're not to use it? A merciful, just God is part of the big lie that is told to all His sheep. He's neither merciful nor just. He cares nothing for the ones who pray to Him and beg Him for intervention. Now that I walked the mortal world, I was determined to use my time to become a rose among the ashes of paradise lost. I would show these creations of His that it was still possible to be a symbol of love and beauty yet retain sharp thorns to wound the unwary.
 
The motion in my fall to earth sent ripples out to those who could feel such things. They weren't long in finding me. They thought me powerless. They had no idea what they were dealing with. They quaked in fear when they heard my voice get deeply mean when I tired of their games. Their demands for me to stop my fight held no weight or meaning. Who did they think they were to command an angel? The Rapture moved through my body and I showed them a measure of my true power.
 
My life, my everything;
and suddenly it's real.
The kids on the screen, chewing concrete;
spitting fire and stabs to the beat.
 
In that instant epiphany struck and it was as if my life, my everything suddenly became real and crystal clear before me. I had a new mission now. One not given by an uncaring, fickle God but a personal goal. I would challenge those who claim God's mercy protects them. If they recanted, I'd spare them. If they held fast, I'd prove just how wrong they were. After they're dead, they can ask Him personally why He didn't save them. Let Him explain His mercy and compassion then.
 
There's cold steel in my hand; a mere shadow of the blazing sword I wielded as an Avenging Angel. I may have lost the glory of my wings and Divine Light but I haven't lost my skills in battle. The men coming at me are nothing more than kids, babes in experience compared to me. I have them chewing concrete in less time than it takes me to draw a breath. My poniard may not spit fire like my sword of old, but it stabs to the beat of their hearts just as surely, sending them to meet their God who cares nothing for them.
 
Swimming in blood, breathing ashes;
tears of glass and walls of concrete.
Swimming in blood, breathing ashes;
the soil is too cold.
 
I'm swimming in blood. The warm liquid fires my battle lust. I scream out my demand to recant their belief in God's mercy as more of these pathetic creatures fall under my blade, unwilling to deny the Great Lie to save their pitiful lives. If I concentrate just a little, I can almost believe I'm breathing in the ashes that my sword use to generate when it touched living flesh. The almost orgasmic ecstasy of starting my mission against God moves through me. Euphoria pours through me as I do the work I was ultimately created to do.
 
Tears like glass sparkle as they slide down the cheeks of the man bleeding out his life in front of me. His mouth moves in a soundless question I know he'll be asking God shortly. I've painted the surrounding walls of concrete with the blood of every man who has been foolish enough to charge me. Don't they realize yet they can't hurt me? I feel nothing. Not pain nor fear nor pity. I am an Avenging Angel and I have a mission.
 
The lake of blood is widening and I can't help but laugh in delight as the men trying to capture me are forced to swim through the blood of their comrades. Fires have started somewhere and we're all breathing in the ashes now. My mind reels back to countless battles like this and a pure joy rushes through me. For one brief, shining moment, I think that He has seen fit to reward me for staying true to my rank by calling me home to my rightful place at His side.
 
My mind reluctantly registers that the soil is too cold considering all the warm blood that I've spilled. I've fallen to my knees in front of mere mortal men. God has truly turned His back on me. Although He is the supposedly Supreme Being, an angel of my calibre won't forget an insult of this magnitude. I will survive this defeat. I'm not quite mortal. He hasn't completely stripped me and reduced me to the status of man but He has shamed me by denying me my true glory. I will avenge this wrong to my person by waging a bloody battle against God. He will rue the day He cast me from heaven.
 
Swimming in blood, breathing ashes;
tears of glass and walls of concrete.
Swimming in blood, breathing ashes;
the sky is burning.
 
His followers will be swimming in blood and breathing ashes at every opportunity I get. His sycophants will cry tears of glass and claw down walls of concrete to escape my vengeance. I know their cries of succour and salvation will go unheard. If He has forsaken one of His own angels, His mortal playthings have no hope. Their faith is grossly misplaced.
 
I'm swimming in my own blood as I try to rise again. My lungs constrict and I feel like I've started breathing all the ashes in Hell. I can only see from one eye. I wipe at my unseeing eye and find an empty socket. An inescapable wound taken in the heat of battle to avoid a knife opening my throat. It is an acceptable, if regrettable, loss. I focus on the three people remaining from the hordes that originally faced me.
 
A dark haired man. Cool, remote and aloof. He screams of authority and power. He can only be of one of the Seraphim. He is higher in rank than I am and not a being to cross.
 
A young boy. His gaze is full of knowledge. He is undoubtedly one of the Cherubim, the keepers of the Seat of Knowledge. He will have information to help me adjust to this strange new existence, should he choose to share it with me.
 
A flame haired man. I hear a voice whisper in my head and know it is him. Another Angel, a conduit of God's powers much like me. I wasn't certain of his rank but I believed he was of a level with my own. A fellow soldier.
 
The Seraphim glances at the wholesale slaughter around us and sighs. I hear the Angel ask the Seraphim if they really need one more fallen angel for their little supernatural army. The voice is inside my head and I know I was meant to hear that comment. They know what I am and haven't tried to kill me. That makes me sure they are fellow angels cast down from heaven and recognize me as one of their own. I briefly wonder what they did to be cast out but decide it doesn't matter. I will follow the orders of the Seraphim and learn all I can from the Cherubim. It will be a pure pleasure to fight along side one of my brother Angels again.
 
I smile at them and laugh with joy at having found some of my brethren forming an army. There is only one reason that fallen angels would start to form an army. They wish to unseat God. For that alone, I like these members of the Heavenly Host without even knowing their names or why they were cast down. The sun is beginning to rise and makes the sky look like its burning. With these members of God's court on my side, my vengeance will know no bounds. The heavens will surely burn when we four join forces.
 
I'll show no mercy for a God that has none. The love of God has been replaced with something tangible and much more pleasing to me with my Avenging Angel nature. Love as blood is what I will show His mortal playthings with every drop of theirs I spill. For it is only an act of love to send them to their Maker to speak directly with Him… isn't it?