Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Maternal Instinct ❯ And so it begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Maternal Instinct

Disclaimer: Sadly, I only own Mariko Katsuragi, Various secondary and bit characters and the crap plot. Koyasu Takehito and Project Weiss own everything else. Unless, of course, Koyasu-sama is willing to give them to me.

Teaser: One of Hirofumi's female 'prey' hears something coming from the house and goes to investigate. She finds a distraught Omi/Mamoru and tries to help...

Setting: Takatori Hirofumi's rather large house in the forest near Mt. Fuji.

*~*~*

" I wish I hadn't followed that man, but I was so damn bored! Damn sick

psychos chasing me, the girl in the orange dress and that young pair of

teens. What was that youngish man's name? Takanori Hiroyuki ? No, that

old guy thought his name was Takatori Hirofumi. Fricking crazies! "

Mariko Katsuragi muttered in a constant litany of self-deprecation and

semi-crazed ranting. Suddenly, her ears pricked up and she could have

swore she heard crying coming from that bastard's house, it pulled at her

and stirred up a strong desire to soothe and protect whoever that was

crying. She stalked up to the house and went through the door someone

had kicked or forced open. She saw two men and one teen-age boy. The

tall redhead and average brunet in front of her were looking at the

short honey-blond boy collapsed on the floor crying. She went up to the

shorter male and asked " Excuse me, but will he be alright? " indicating

the weeping boy with a small gesture. Both males jumped slightly with

surprise. The brunet shrugged and said "I'm not sure." " Either of you

mind if I try and soothe him?" Neither of them said anything but they

didn't stop her when she walked toward the weeping boy, nor when knelt down beside him, started rubbing his back and singing. " Zankoku na tenshi no you no ni shounen yo shinwa ni nare. Aoi kaze ga ima, mune no doa wo tataitemo, Watashi dake wo tada mitsumete, hohoenderu anata.

Sotto fureru mono-" She continued to sing, but the brunet male could have sworn that he heard her voice in his mind. // What's your name, tenshiki? \\ // Ken, Hidaka Ken. What's 'tenshiki' mean? \\ // Young one. Well, Hidaka Ken, what does the little one like to eat ? \\ // Vegetables. Oh, and pocky.\\ //Come over here and continue rubbing his back I'm going to get him something to eat. Just keep rubbing his back slowly and rhythmically. By the way, I'm Mariko, Katsuragi Mariko. \\ While she was waiting for Ken to walk over, she slipped into the silent redhead's mind. // Thank you for saving me.......Ran. \\ She got up and started piping the last few verses into the troubled boy's mind, using every nuance and subtle change of intonation and pitch she would have used had she been vocalizing the song.

A few minutes later she found the kitchen. Mariko bustled around the room, getting a tray, making tea, finding, rinsing and cutting vegetables, looking for pocky. She laid everything out on the tray, using blue-banded white china she found in the cupboards. ' It looks nice and neat but I feel like I'm forgetting something, ' She thought for a bit then snapped her fingers as she remembered. ' That's it! ' she grabbed a rather large chocolate bar and put it one the plate she was using as a saucer for the teen's bowl-cup and three smaller bars, for her, Ken and Ran. " Much better. " She picked up the laden tray and walked back into the main room. Mariko set the tray down and started off-loading the tea cups on a convenient stool. Gently, she placed her hands on the boy's shoulders. " Kiraishi,- " He looked up into her eyes, " I brought you some tea and a few things to eat. Your brown-haired friend told me what you might like. " Deftly, she added two drops to his tea from a small vial concealed in her hand. " I'm Mariko. Katsuragi Mariko. What may your name be ? I would like to know what to call you other than kiraishi, but you don't have to tell me now." Hestantly, he spoke up. " What does 'kiraishi' mean? " " Kiraishi is a term of endearment used for small children. It means 'sweet little one' or 'sweet innocent one'. It just seemed appropriate for you. " With that she picked up two sets of cups and saucers and walked over to where Ken and Ran were standing. " Here, I made some tea,- " She handed him the cup and saucer. " Hn." He looked at the cup suspiously. " Mind if i ask what your name is ? I'm Mariko, Katsuragi Mariko. " " Fujimiya Aya. " He said one level above grunting. " Drink your tea, eat the chocolate, you'll feel better." " Hn." " Or at least I will, humor a victim of attemped homicide? " Aya said nothing but started quietly sipping his tea. Mariko walked back over to the kiraishi and picked up the last tea cup. As she went to give ken his tea and chocolate bar, she heard a quavering, hesitant voice speak her name. " Mariko-san? " She knelt down carefully. " Yes little one, what is it? " He swallowed. " I'm Tsukiyono Omi. "