Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Meet Me in Las Vegas ❯ scary customers and assuming sisters ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

$Scary Customers and Assuming Sisters$
 
The nerve of that man! Ran fumed silently as he stomped into the restaurant, pausing to give the maitre'd a look. Aya-chan followed him with a hand over her mouth, cheeks tinted with a slight pink. She apologized to the surprised maitre'd and asked to be given a table for two, and that yes she was with Ran Fujimiya. They were quickly seated and Ran barked out an order for steak and red wine, crossed his arms and continued fuming silently. Aya-chan cleared their orders to the frightened waiter and informed him that according to her brother's contract the hotel would be picking up the bill. When the waiter left, Aya-chan turned to her brother slowly with a secret smile on her lips. Ran felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, the same one he always felt when Aya-chan gives him that look and he turned his eyes towards the stage where a slightly amusing show was on.
 
“RAaan…” Aya-chan called out in a sing-song voice, a mischievous glint in her eyes.
“Don't! Don't even think about…” Ran floundered, not meeting his sister's eyes and face turning a shade of red.
“You're blushing.”
“Am not!”
“Is too.”
“Am… oh I'm not playing this childish argument with you Aya-chan.”
“He was pretty good-looking, wasn't he Ran?”
“He was too damned confident and had no respect for other people whatsoever!”
“But he's really good-looking…actually downright handsome…”
“Aya-chan…”
 
He was cut short by the coming of the food, so he shot the waiter another disapproving look and the waiter promptly cringed and hurried away. Aya-chan clucked.
 
“You should at least try to be amiable Ran. You don't have to kill everyone with a look.”
 
Ran grunted in reply and settled for eating his steak rather than argue endlessly with his sister. The show on the stage ended, and it seemed they were preparing for closing, but Ran ate unhurriedly. The two ate in silence until they finished their respective courses.
 
“Ran…” Aya-chan started. Ran raised an elegant eyebrow in reply. “You think that guy at the slot machines would come looking for you?”
 
Ran almost choked on his red wine. Wiping his mouth and not looking at his sister, he frowned. “What made you say that?”
 
Aya-chan's face bursted into a smile. “Because here he comes.”
 
Ran's eyes widened and he gripped his glass to stop himself from whipping round to look. He instead cocked an eyebrow in question and Aya-chan nodded furiously, mouthing “behind you”.
 
 
Damn but if that redhead just disappeared. After winning at the slot machine, Ken suddenly appeared by his side, patting him on the back.
 
“Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! Finally, a win for you Yohji! So, who's the lucky charm?”
“Actually, Ken, I don't know his name. I just called him `baby'.”
Ken almost balked. “…His?”
“Yeah…his. But if it wasn't the warmest, softest hand a guy could ever hold…”
 
Ken gave a short laugh and shot Yohji a sympathetic look. “You know, you better get that dreamy look off of your face and get your winnings, or else somebody will.”
“Huh? Oh…oh yeah…yeah the winnings…” Yohji shook his head and smiled, crouching down to pick up the tokens from the slot machine. Ken gave him a look that Yohji couldn't fathom.
 
“What?”
“Nothing, Yohji. Better keep the money rather than lose them all over again. Quit while you're ahead, buddy.”
 
And with a last pat, Ken left Yohji to his own devices. After securing the tokens in a tray, Yohji decided that he should split his winnings with his mysterious lucky charm, but the problem was the redhead was nowhere in the casino. While looking for the redhead however, Yohji got a little sidetracked and betted away his half of the winnings, trying a myriad of hands to see if it was him or the redhead who was lucky. After almost getting cleaned out of his half of the money, Yohji decided it was the redhead who was lucky. He abandoned the tables in favor of looking for the redhead again. After futile walks around the casino, Yohji decided it was a lost cause. So he headed to the restaurant instead, thinking of getting something to chew on and visit the showgirls as they packed up. The maitre'd was familiar with Yohji, and they greeted each other as friends would.
 
“Say, Joe (the maitre'd), not yet closing?”
“Ah, no. Still got some patrons eating inside.”
“Oh?”
“Yeah, this guy who could shoot daggers from his eyes and his sweet, polite younger sister.”
“Eh? Shoot daggers you say? He… he doesn't happen to be a redhead who's this tall (places a hand by his eyes, indicating the height) and wearing… uh, a black jacket, would he?”
“Hmm… yeah, that'd be him. What, he's your friend Yohji? Can't see what you could possibly talk about with him.”
“And the girl… did she have black, bordering on violet, hair in two braids, brown eyes, a sunny smile and was about this tall and didn't seem 18?”
“Yeah, that'd be her. Why, what's up?”
 
“Yohji's face broke into a huge grin. He patted the maitre'd in the back heartily, and rushed inside, eyes darting around. He spotted a red-haired head and headed towards it. He caught the girl's eyes (she was sitting facing Yohji) and recognition sparked in her eyes. She and her brother exchanged a few words, and then the girl nodded her head furiously. Yohji waved a hand at her, and she smiled and waved back instantly. But before Yohji could greet her and her brother, the redhead suddenly stood and sped towards the door.
 
“Hey, wait…”
“Ran!” The girl called out, but the guy didn't stop and was soon gone from the restaurant. Not one to be unnerved, Yohji smiled and sat across the girl.
“Must've needed to go to the men's room.”
The girl gave a nervous laugh. “Yeah. Sorry, he's just not very sociable.”
“So I see. By the way, I'm Yohji Kudou.” And he offered a hand, which the girl brightly shook.
“I'm Aya Fujimiya. Just call me Aya-chan.”
“How do you do, Aya-chan?”
“I'm fine. Ah, are you here for Ran?”
“Who?”
“Ran, my brother… the redhead.”
“Oh. Oh, yeah. Ran Fujimiya… why does that name sound familiar?”
“Well, this hotel just signed him in a contract. He's the premiere ballet dancer of Ballet Franqais you know. He'll be dancing on the stage by next week. I just tagged along.”
“Aah… yeah, the ballet dancer… no wonder…”
“No wonder what?”
“Huh? Oh… no wonder… no wonder he has… uh… great physique…”
 
Aya-chan gave him a look, a slightly amused version of the look Ken gave him which he still couldn't fathom. He suddenly felt self-conscious. Was it perverse to notice another man's …uh…'physique'? Duh, probably. Yohji mentally smacked himself on the forehead.
 
“Don't get me wrong Aya-chan; all I'm saying is…”
“Oh, I get you Mr. Kudou.” Aya-chan smiled deviously and Yohji doubted just how mature that sweet little head of hers was. Arguing probably was a lost cause, so Yohji just smiled and held up his hands in mock surrender.
“Sure you do Aya-chan. Ah; by the way, I'm here to give your brother half of the winnings we made from the slots earlier.” He took the small red tray with tokens and slid it across the table towards Aya-chan.
“Why don't you just give it to him yourself?”
“Oh, well sure, if he wasn't avoiding me.”
“Well, give him time; he's new to this sort of thing. He'll come around.”
Yohji lost his smile and his brows shot up. “What.Thing?”
“Oh, you know…” Aya-chan smiled sweetly. “Why don't you wait fro him to get back? Then you guys could be properly introduced. He's a very formal and proper person you know, him being a ballet dancer and all.”
“Hmm, you don't say.”
 
He was really beginning to doubt Aya-chan's apparent innocence. Giving in to Aya-chan, Yohji waited for Ran to get back and talked with the girl about stuff. But the conversations always seemed to steer back into the topic of ran, and soon Yohji knew several facts about Ran without the redhead knowing. 25 minutes passed and the redhead still wasn't back, and Aya-chan was getting a little worried. Yohji patted her hand and smiled at her.
 
“Don't worry too much, he'll be back once he feels the coast is clear, which means that if your brother's going to be back I shouldn't be here anymore.” Aya-chan sighed and nodded. Yohji gave her a brotherly peck on the forehead. “It was nice talking to you Aya-chan. Don't forget to give your brother his half of the winnings, and to explain to him what slot machines are.”
 
Aya-chan giggled and nodded her head. Yohji walked away from the table and towards the stage where several showgirls were waiting for him. Aya-chan called out to him across the room. “Yo-tan, we're staying at the presidential suite 1. Goodnight!” And she winked at him before walking out of the restaurant. Yohji shook his head in disbelief. That girl sure had crazy notions about him and her brother.
 
“She's pretty young, don't you think, darling?” A random showgirl called out.
“Nah, it's not what you think…”