Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ The Living Dead ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CODE 07: +THE LIVING DEAD+
 
Disclaimer: No, I DO NOT own Weiss Kreuz and any of its characters so don't sue me because I don't have any extra money for that. Any similar of content to any events is due to pure coincidence and has nothing to do with discriminative or infringing copyrights.
 
RATING: PG-13 for Violence, blood scenes, slight yaoi and darkness
 
PAIRING: Ken/Omi, Ken/Yuriko, Omi/Aya-chan
 
Theme song: 'True Light' by Miyamoto Shunichi-The Opening theme of 'D.N.Angel'
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
A choke shriek faltered like a thunder roar in the stormy night outside the window.
 
Blood smeared all over the four walls in a wild exotic dance pattern as if it was eager to report the world what had happened in the house earlier. Furniture lay scattered and overturned carelessly in the huge living room after a fierce struggle between life and death from its occupiers. Behind an overturned sofa, a small hand, still gripping tight onto its broken doll, lay stretched in a pool of blood. Nearby, a couple's corpses lay cold and wide-eyed into the empty ceiling. A portrait of a happy family of three hung tilted on the wall was a great insult to the event that had just happened a few moments ago.
 
Casting onto the blood stained wall, a well-built shadow pulled itself up. Giggling in a cry-like manner, it encircled a wire round its neck.
 
A tight tug.
 
More blood spattered onto the wall.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
What lies in the root of humanity?
 
Good? Evil? No one knows.
 
Perhaps, in the beginning, human beings are doomed to confusion...
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
Inside the basement of the flower shop..
 
"Now, now, Miss 'Asuka'," Ken growled sarcastically as he slammed the print outs of the novel onto the table loudly onto the table before the green hair lady known as Asuka-who had the same name and appearance of Kudo Yoji's former deceased detective colleague and lover: "Can you 'kindly' explain what is going on and what 'inspire' you to carry out this work?"
 
Asuka tossed her wary eyes around the four young men and two ladies in smart attires surrounding her in the room. As usual, Aya-chan was not allowed into the room again.
 
"Hey," Asuka gave a snort: "Are you threatening me or are you going to silence me?"
 
"Which group and organisation are you related to? Eszett, Schreient or Schwartz?" Ran asked coldly.
 
"No one! I belong to me---A-Su-Ka!!!"
 
"Then why are you investigating our mission?" Omi asked.
 
"I've always dream of becoming a thrill novel author and you guys' topic is too good to be missed!" Asuka shrugged.
 
"Where are your family members? Do you have any siblings?" The unusually quiet Yoji suddenly asked.
 
"Why should I tell you? Hey..." Asuka's face neared Yoji's slyly: "Are you interested in me?"
 
A deep scarlet spread across Yoji's face: "BAKA!!! What makes you think of that?!"
 
'Wow,' Ken wondered: 'Am I seeing things? Yoji ACTUALLY blushes!!' Omi's blue eyes also widened in surprise at the unusual blushing scene from playboy, Yoji.
 
"We are investigation officers here. If we find you spreading our details around or poke into our matters again, we will not hesitate to take actions against you. Do you understand?" Manx said coldly.
 
"I know." Asuka snorted without looking at Manx. She got up and turned to go.
 
"Wait a minute!" Birman suddenly called and ran to touch her back: "You forgot your purse."
 
"Thanks." Asuka said coldly and left.
 
"Can we trust her?" Ken asked.
 
"Don't worry, Birman has already put a tracking device between the leather within her purse." Omi smiled.
 
"Clever boy." Birman teased: "There's no identity card in her purse. So a bit of following is needed to know her background now."
 
"I'll track her," Yoji suddenly volunteered. No one disagreed. Omi handed him a small laptop to trace her and he ran off like a wind.
 
Ran and Ken sweat-dropped.
 
"Let's go back, I've a lot of things to rush." Manx said and walked off.
 
"Manx's unusually cold and Yoji's weird today." Ken observed.
 
"I think I should go buy lottery or horse race later today," Omi said: "The numbers will be based on today's date or Manx and Yoji-kun's birthdays."
 
"You are underage, Omi." Ran said.
 
"Just kidding." Omi struck out a tongue playfully.
 
"Bye, everyone!" Birman waved before running after Manx.
 
"Ne, Omi," Ken asked as he and the youngest Weiss member walked back to their rooms to change out of their assassin clothes: "What's on your mind?"
 
"Remember Neu's case? Do you think it's another plot?" Omi's eyebrows narrowed and put a hand to his chin in thought: "I have a bad feeling about the entire matter."
 
'Yes and him...' Treufel's faltering figure in the night before appeared in Omi's mind eyes.
 
"You are thinking too much, Omi," Ken laughed lightly and put his hand to Omi's shoulder.
 
//His clawed hands drove into the blue-eyed teen's chest......//
 
Ken gasped: "O..Omi...."
 
Omi raised his eyes: "Nani, Ken-kun?"
 
Ken forced a smile: "N..nothing..."
 
"You are sweating, Ken-kun, and stammering." Omi said in concern: "Is there anything wrong?"
 
//In front of him, a shocked expression stared up at him in disbelief before the sadness and despondence in the sky blue eyes vanished behind the closing eyelids.. //
 
Ken's eyes stared silently in shock. That vision again!
 
"Ken-kun!!" Omi cried out: "What's the matter?"
 
No, not that vision again!
 
//The seventeen-year-old teen collapsed onto the ground in his own pool of blood... Blood smeared his clawed glove. Like a slow motion movie, it trickled through the gaps between his fingers.//
 
"Ken-kun!" Omi's cry woke him up from his daze: "You are hurting me!!!"
 
Ken hastily released his hold from Omi's shoulder: "Gomen, honto ni Gomen ne sai, Omi!"
 
"What's wrong with everyone today?" Omi said sadly: "First, Asuka's 'revival', then Yoji-kun's silence, Manx's coldness and now you."
 
'No, Omi, I'm scared, I'm afraid I will hurt you, I want to protect you so much, I....' Ken thought. Aloud, he shuttered: "I..."
 
"I understand, you are worried for Yoji-kun and Manx, ne?" Omi gave a quick smile.
 
No, no, that's not it, Omi... I'm afraid one day I may take away your life with my very hands... I want to see your smile, hear your cheerful laughter and your happy eyes... I only want to see you safe and sound... I....
 
Ken thought in shock: 'When did I ever have such thoughts for Omi?' He remembered that ever after the 'final' battle with Eszett and Schwartz, he started to have this strange feeling for his younger battle mate. This feeling was unlike that with Yoji and Ran... No, it feels much deeper and strange, yet familiar.. just like the time with...... Yuriko?
 
"Ken-kun," Omi shook Ken's shoulder: "You okay?"
 
Ken looked down to see Omi's worried looking eyes.
 
"Ne, I'm fine." He lied: "I'm just....tired."
 
"Have a good rest then," Omi smiled: "I got to prepare for school. Aya- chan's waiting for me."
 
Ken put his hands onto his head and shook. What was wrong with him today?
 
This would not happen, it would never come true.
 
It was already past seven o'clock in the morning by the time he finished changing. He was the first to reach the shop. Unthinkingly, he stepped into the florist shop and pulled up the metal shutter to start another day of business.
 
Sunlight steamed into the shop. Wait a minute; a pair of familiar feminine boots disrupted the horizontal light beneath the shutter.
 
"That pair of boots?" Ken gasped and quickly pulled the shutter all the way up. It was far too familiar.
 
"Ken!" A feminine voice called. A long blond hair young lady of late teens with green eyes greeted him.
 
Yuriko!
 
"Yuri..Yuriko!" Ken's eyes widened in disbelief.
 
"Ken!" Yuriko burst into tears and swung her arms round Ken's shoulder, burying her face into his chest.
 
"Yuriko...." Ken echoed. That face, that feeling.... He felt his voice shaky. He thought he would never see her again-especially when he saw her boarding the flight to Australia.
 
"We're going to school..." Omi's voice rang, interrupting Ken's thought. Abruptly, Ken broke the embrace to see Omi staring at them with wide blue eyes. Behind him, Aya-chan followed closely.
 
For a second, Ken was struck stunned and was staring at Omi without saying a word.
 
He quickly recollected himself: "Eh..., Omi, that..." Ken stammered, feeling a strange surge of guilt within him.
 
A mischievous grin played on the blond boy's lips: "Ah ha! Ken-kun's girlfriend, right?" Turning to Yuriko, he extended his hand: "Hi! I'm Tsukiyono Omi, Ken-kun's friend! How do you do?"
 
A strange disappointment dawned within Ken.
 
"Wow! Ken's girlfriend? How long have you been dating?" Aya exclaimed excitedly: "Forgot to introduce myself. I'm Fujimaya Aya!"
 
Yuriko smiled and shook hands with the two excited teens: "My name's Yuriko. Nice to meet you both!"
 
"How long have you been dating?" Aya asked again.
 
"Aya!" Ran's stern voice warned behind.
 
Aya struck out her tongue: "Onnichan's here, got to go to school, Omi-kun!" Without waiting for Omi's response, she ran off.
 
Omi waved to Ran, Ken and Yuriko: "I won't be interrupting, we're off!" He darted down the path after the plaint hair girl.
 
"How did you find your way here, Yuriko?" Ken asked.
 
"I recalled you telling me about you working in a florist shop and I've searched all the shops in the area where we first and last met." Yuriko whispered.
 
"Ken, you take time off. I can manage the shop alone." Ran suddenly said.
 
Ken stared.
 
"Go ahead. It is non-peak period now." Ran repeated.
 
Dumbly, Ken nodded and went bike riding with Yuriko.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
Ken embraced Yuriko in his arms.....
 
Omi slapped his own face. What's wrong with him today? Why was he so concerned about whom Ken was embracing?
 
~No idle time for all these trivial matters, Ken-kun has his rights to date a girl, ne? I'm going to be late for lessons.~ Omi shook the thoughts away and made his way along the school corridor.
 
His head bumped into someone.
 
"Gomen ne, Gomen ne sai!!" Omi hastily apologised and looked to see the face of Treufel before him.
 
//The lips of Treufel curved into a strange smile as he vanished into the night with his hawk appeared in Omi's mind...//
 
"We need to talk, Omi-kun." Treufel said slyly. Without waiting for Omi's reply, he pulled Omi away.
 
"Hey, where are you taking me?" Omi protested and struggled, trying to wriggle out of his hold, but in vain.
 
"We need to talk.. in privacy." Treufel smiled in secrecy. He dragged Omi to a deserted room and pinned the blond blue-eyed teen to the wall. His face neared Omi's, almost touching the other boy's nose tip.
 
"Listen, Omi-kun," Omi could feel Treufel's warm breath on his face: "Don't ever breath anything that happened last night or my identity to anyone, okay? In turn, I'll keep your little secret from everyone in school, promise?"
 
"Why did you do that? Who are you?" Omi glared.
 
"Omi-kun," Treufel whispered slowly against Omi's ears: "You do not need to learn so much. Knowing less is a blessing, don't you ever learn this yet?" He released his hold on Omi and walked off, leaving the other teen alone in the room.
 
Omi hit the ground with his fist: "Danmit!"
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
Yoji sat in his car, biting a cigarette between his teeth. Within three hours, he had already smoked two packs of cigarette. No much luck today. Asuka was apparently not concerned of solving her problem in a short time. Nearby, she was doing window-shopping outside a showcase of a fashion shop.
 
// "Look, isn't this cap cute? Can you buy for me?" Asuka asked when she and Yoji stood outside the usual fashion shop showcase.//
 
"Asuka, are you the same Asuka I used to know?" Yoji whispered to himself.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
"A mission, guys." Birman said as she and Manx entered the florist shop.
 
"Ah, three out of four. Yoji's not back from his tracking?" Manx seemed to have recovered from her depression.
 
"It's alright. We can still manage without him for time being." Ran said.
 
Persia's image appeared on the screen.
 
"Good evening, WeiB. Cold blooded massacre on families of important businessmen and politicians have been carried out over the past few months."
 
The scene of corpses littering carpet floors of different houses - including both elderly and young children murdered in various brutal manners flashed on the screen. Some had been forcefully pressed into pails of water, and many were dismembered obviously without the use of any tools.
 
"The common point is, at the scene of the murders, the culprits are found dead from committing suicide. The same drug was uncovered from these culprits' corpses. It is believed that the drug increases their strength at unbelievable level and at the same time, destroys their brain cells, luring them into committing these murders.
 
Actions must be carried out to eliminate the mastermind who creates and distributes such drug in the public. My white assassinators, defy these villains of their tomorrows."
 
The screen went blank.
 
Ken was the first to protest.
 
"NOT AGAIN!!!" He growled: "What is this??? There's not a lead at all!! How are we going to trace our target like this??"
 
"The common thing among the deceased murderers is that they are suffering from depressions of all kinds inflicted by the ones they have killed. You can choose not to accept," Manx said challengingly: "Well?"
 
"We accept the challenge." Ran said.
 
"Hey!" Ken protested.
 
Omi shook his head. He had a very, very bad feeling. Just as he expected..
 
"Omi, we're counting on you." Ken petted his back the moment Manx and Birman left the basement.
 
"We'll go and rest now. Information search is Omi's job." Ran said.
 
"Hey! Why me again?!" Omi whined: "The world's so unfair to me!!"
 
"Good luck, Omi." Ken yawned and stretched himself. He was totally exhausted after playing tennis with Yuriko the entire afternoon. She was currently staying in a rented apartment and intended to stay in Tokyo for a few months. Before she left, she made him promise to meet her again two days later, which Ken smilingly agreed.
 
"You all are bullies!" Omi shouted after Ran and Ken.
 
"Don't worry, Omi-kun," Aya said as she entered the room, overhearing their conversation: "I'll stay up with you!"
 
"Arigato, Aya-chan!" Omi smiled back gratefully.
 
Omi scrolled down the window: "10 years ago, a similar drug was found and sold widely by a trial named 'Dark Dragon'. It was abolished on the same year," He rubbed his chin: "Uh, does this case have anything to do with this case?" He shook his head. Very unlikely since this organisation and its headquarter was destroyed and burnt to the ground many years ago.
 
He had to trace other ways.
 
"Any progress, Omi-kun?" Aya asked.
 
"Nope, I'm still looking." Omi sighed without tearing his eyes from the screen.
 
"Is it possible to trace whom these victims have offended in common?" Aya suggested as she peered over Omi's shoulder.
 
"Thanks, Aya-chan, you're a great help!" Omi gleamed although he knew it would be useless.
 
He looked at the clock.
 
3:30A.M.
 
"Don't worry, there's no lesson tomorrow." Aya reminded.
 
Omi smiled and nodded.
 
Minutes ticked past.
 
Omi hacked through his way in many companies' systems. Watching proved to be too tedious for Aya for by the time Omi turned to look at her, she was fast dozing on a sofa.
 
Omi tiptoed and covered her with a blanket before resuming his search.
 
In one of the websites, the picture of a dark passingby popped up before his eyes.
 
It was an area that was part of a headquarter of the late organisation 'Dark Dragon'.
 
// "Sayonara, Mamoru-kun...." A distant, yet familiar voice smirked. //
 
Omi clutched his head with a hand.
 
What was this voice?
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
In a semi-dark room, dimly lit by a hanging ceiling lamp, Takatori Masafumi leaned comfortably on a large armchair.
 
"Correct. Get more people on my drug. Yes, give it to them for free. I want to prove to everyone that I can create miracles for the hopeless. Consuming my drug will satisfy their dreams to accomplish the impossible.. and to revenge on those who have caused them their current doom."
 
"Why.... You are asking me why I'm doing this?" His eyes grew large with craze of excitement: "Because I want to save the hopeless from the sea of misery."
 
"Because I am God."
 
TO BE CONTINUE......