Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Project An ❯ Annihilate ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Continue from end of Episode #24. Awaken of Omi's forgotten nightmares. Resurgence of Masafumi. Schwartz's hunt for the lost Eszett ancient ritual. The reappearance of Schreient. What is the cruel truth behind the origin of Kritiker?
 
+CODE09: ANNIHILATE+
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
 
BACKGROUND THEME: 'No Reason'-Opening theme of Weiss Kreuz OVA
 
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Weiss Kreuz or any of its characters, especially Takatori Mamoru although I 100% adore this kawaii bishonen. Any collaboration of its content to any events is caused by sheer coincidence so please DON'T SUE ME!!!!! I have no money for that!!!!!
 
WARNING: PG for this chapter for darkness and boy-boy love fluffiness
 
Pairing: Ken/Omi, Ken/Yuriko, Yoji/Asuka
 
New Appearance: READ ON AND FIND OUT!!!!
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
"Doshite... .... why didn't you come to fetch Tot Tot? Tot Tot is scared..... Tot Tot do not want to go back to 'him'... Tot Tot is so scared and lonely..... No one is coming to save Tot Tot....."
 
In the midst of the darkness, a small frail figure huddled shivering, sobbing in such child-like and despondent voice that was enough to break anyone's heart. Her green bang covered her face as she pulled her legs to her chest, hoping the dark abyss would swallow her forever so that she would no longer have to go through the cruel nightmare in reality.
 
"......Tot Tot ...... is really frightened......"
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
Dark is the shadow of Light;
 
And Light, the reflection of Dark.
 
In the Real World, who can clearly differentiate the boundary between rights and wrongs?
 
The answer is, No One.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
In a training basement hall, a twelve-year-old blonde boy was practicing his dart-shooting technique. Nearby, a tall well-built man in his early thirties watched on.
 
"Excellent, you have improved tremendously, Omi." The man praised and clapped: "Take a break."
 
The young boy turned and gave a bright smile: "You really think so, Persia?"
 
("Oi, Omi, wake up.....")
 
"Persia, why must I learn these? My classmates have never done that?"
 
Although the man's face was semi-covered in darkness, one could notice his softened eyes behind his sunglasses: "Omi, you have a mission to do so and you must learn how to protect yourself. No one can watch over you forever."
 
"But, I don't want to want to become an assassinator!" Young Omi protested.
 
("It's already eight o'clock, time to get up, Omittchi!")
 
"Omi," Persia's voice was firm: "You must understand."
 
"No, I don't!" Omi retorted angrily: "Why must people kill one another? Why can't everyone live in harmony? Why must I kill? No one has the right to take other people's lives!" Omi could feel his voice shaking.
 
("Omi, you are crying. Are you having a nightmare?")
 
"What makes you so irresponsible and cruel?" Omi screamed at Persia: "What makes you think you can order people to take other people's lives? You have no authority to do so! We can change people's thinking, but we can't take their lives!"
 
"Omi," Persia's voice was calm: "It's too late for some people to change. Their hands are already stained with innocent blood. Is this fair for those they have killed for their own benefits and ambitions?"
 
Persia's figure began to falter.
 
"NO, WAIT!! Don't go yet, Persia!!!" Omi yelled and ran after the disappearing figure.
 
"PERSIA!!!!!!!! UNCLE SHUICHI!!!!!!!!!!"
 
Everything became glaring white as morning light splashed into his eyes.
 
Omi blinked. The light softened to show Ken's concerned face before him.
 
"Oi, Omi, Daijoubu ka?"
 
Omi touched his own face and felt wetness on his cheeks. His head was resting on his computer that was now in sleeping mode.
 
"Uh, I was dreaming of Oka again." Omi lied.
 
"Yeah right, you were calling 'Persia' in your sleep." Ken said, poking Omi's forehead with a finger: "Think of a better excuse, Omi."
 
"You are working too hard, Omi. And Yoji's not returned from his tracking yet." Ran said as he handed a cup of coffee to Omi: "Go and wash up. Aya is waiting for you."
 
"Arigato, Ran-kun." Omi gratefully accepted the cup.
 
"Hayaku, Omi-kun!" Aya waved at the door: "We are going to be late!!"
 
"Uh! Gomen ne sai! Give me 10 minutes!" Omi switched off his computer and ran to get himself prepared for school.
 
Ken watched the running teen. The vision of a stranger holding Omi in his arms remained fresh on his mind.
 
~Urusai nai (Unforgivable)....... Who is he related to Omi?~ Ken could feel a tinge of anger within him.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
It was past a day and there was a single finding.
 
Yoji tried to shuffle a yawn in his car. He hadn't a wink of sleep for two consecutive nights, thanks to this young lady named Asuka.
 
But Yoji did not regret. Watching the Asuka-look-alike lady busying herself with news hunt reminded him of his old detective life with his partner- Asuka. It appeared that the lady was a part-time journalist who wrote and sold articles to newspapers and magazine publishers.
 
Yoji rested his chin against his elbow at his windowsill. He could not help smiling at the scenes.
 
It had been two years; two years since Persia sent his informers to save him from the clutch of some villains related to Takatori Reiji's ambitious plot after witnessing Asuka being shot right before his very eyes.
 
Yes, he could vividly remember that incident.
 
(Yoji watched in despair as Asuka fell at the gun shot before him. "ASUKA!!!!!!!!" Yoji screamed with his outstretched hand.)
 
~That's right, this scene will never be erased from my memory. Never ever...~ Yoji thought.
 
Two years ago, Yoji and Asuka came across a continuous young girls kidnapping and sold as prostitutes' case. Their target discovered their whereouts when their undercover friend was murdered. Yoji was seriously injured and Asuka shot when she tried to get help. Later, Yoji blacked out. When he came to, he was in the safety of a Kritiker-based hospital. According to Manx, Kritiker had been tracking the masterminds of the serial kidnapping because they were working under Takatori Reiji. Asuka's corpse was never found. By that time when Kritiker agents reached the scene, she had vanished as though she was never there before.
 
After the loss of Asuka, Yoji's life turned upside down. He was surviving like a living corpse. There was no longer meaning to live.
 
For months, Yoji lived on alcohol and night clubbing almost everyday whenever he had bits of cash in hand. One night, he was beaten up by some thugs for owing them money on gambling. Manx came to his aid.
 
Heavily indebt for his expenditures from his activities, he agreed to join as part of the assassination team--- Weiss Kreuz despite knowing that he would have to get his hands stained with human blood from now on. Human lives to be precise. He did not care. Anyway, he almost died once and Asuka was gone.
 
Kudo Yoji was the third to join. Hidaka Ken entered the team later. Before him was Tsukuyono Omi, then Fujimaya Ran.
 
Fujimaya Ran had joined the team to pay off his sister's hospital fees and to go for his enemy's blood whom he later knew was Takatori Reiji. Ken seemed to have joined for almost similar reason as his except he was betrayed and almost killed by his best friend who he later killed in a mission.
 
But Tsukuyono Omi? Yoji had expected Omi to be an old man, or someone at least around his or Ran's age, but he appeared to be a then fifteen year old innocent looking and cute looking youngster. Joining to pay off his education fee? Very unlikely, besides he was too young and happy looking to have loads of enemies to go for. Yoji never asked the child.
 
Yoji sighed: "Am I thinking too much?" He was supposed to watch the Asuka- alike and not doing flashbacks. This was supposed to be left for his retirement leisure. Yoji smirked sarcastically. Yeah, retirement leisure. What a sense of humor he had.
 
Asuka was now running into a dark alley. Yoji narrowed his eyes. He ran out of his car and followed from afar. He listened attentively through his transmitter. He had secretly attached one in Asuka's handbag. He could hear the lady panted heavily and the sound of her shoes as she ran.
 
"It is time for you to return where you belong, Asuka. Master seems to have give you too much freedom." A strangely familiar feminine voice was heard in the transmitter.
 
Yoji froze. That voice! He knew who she was, but it was impossible! Hell- the former member of Schreient! She was supposed to be dead. He remembered seeing her hugging Takatori Masafumi as chunks of cements fell on top of them.
 
"I don't know who you are, but I'm not going with you!" Yoji heard Asuka's rebellious like voice snarled: "And stop following me like a dog! I've been tolerating you for weeks!"
 
"Oh really? That's too bad...." Hell's voice chucked coldly.
 
There was a mixed noises of things thrown over, vaguely like dustbins and waste boxes.. and Asuka's shrieks!
 
Instantly, Yoji dashed into the alley. Dustbins and abandoned boxes scattered all over the place.
 
A handbag laid by his foot. Asuka's handbag, together with the tracker and transmitter.
 
Asuka was gone. He lost her. Again...
 
~Hell, has Hell abducted Asuka?~ Yoji grinded.
 
"ASUKA!!!!!!" Yoji roared on top of his voice.
 
There was nothing he could do except to head back for other Weiss Kreuz members' help.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
"Ken, Ken, what's on your mind?" Yuriko asked almost a dozen times.
 
"Er? Nothing." Ken quickly looked up from his drink in a café.
 
"Liar," Yuriko said lightly; her face became serious: "Something is bothering you. Do you mind sharing with me?"
 
"I...." Ken's face turned a fierce scarlet red. How could he possibly tell her that a man holding Omi during the night of the most recent mission was troubling him?
 
"Ken, don't you trust me?" Yuriko asked. Her concerned expression immediately reminded him of Omi. The same eyes that were willing to listen and the heart that was willing to share his woes.. the same honey coloured hair...
 
No, wait a minute, Yuriko reminded him of OMI?????!!!!! What was he thinking again?
 
"Eh... maybe I have been staying up too late. I'm.. tired...." Ken quickly shuffled a yawn.
 
Yuriko sighed: "Is that so? I think we should go back first." Her face brightened: "We can still meet other days. You need your rest too!" She picked up her bag and waved at Ken cheerfully: "Jah nah!"
 
~Gomen ne sai, Yuriko...~ Ken thought.
 
It was time for him to carry out his own investigation. He was not going to let that stranger go scot-free for interfering their last mission just like that.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
//There is no turning back as long as I stay true to my faith.//
 
Crawford Brad rested his back against his large comfortable armchair and whirled to the window that showed an overview of the beautiful night scenery of the busiest part of Tokyo city from his office in the highest storey of an important government building.
 
He pulled down his sunglasses. It was his strong faith to see his vision of humanity that prompted him to join Eszett after he graduated from a University in Washington many years back. Within a year, he won respects from the elderly in the organisation and formed Schwartz-a team of assassinators with supernatural abilities.
 
//Crawford, pondering over your past again?// He felt Schuldig's smirk by the door.
 
Crawford put on his sunglasses: "Anything?"
 
"Nagi went out," Schuldig grinned: "...again. He keeps thinking someone was stalking ever since he came back from the monster laboratory in the warehouse."
 
"He never changes his habit. He is still sensitive." Crawford said uninterested: "Any findings of 'that person'?"
 
"Very soon, I've set a trap for that." Schuldig smiled: "Soon, a good show is going to start."
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
Blood trickled down his arm as he made his way through the lit street. Aches and sores coursed through his body like parasites.
 
Physical injury was not his main concern. It was the emotional pain and regret.
 
//A pair of hurt child-like eyes pierced his heart: "Why didn't you look for Tot Tot? Tot Tot is hurt and scared..... Tot Tot has only Nagi to turn to now, but you did not look for me..."//
 
A sad smile drew across his thin lips: "I disappoint Tot Tot..." He gripped onto his wounds on his arm, hoping his pain would drown him from his regret. He never knew Tot had been watching him from the burning warehouse, he just felt it. She only appeared before him after he tried to pursue her.
 
//Sharp pain shot through his vein as he tried to reach forward to hug the green hair girl in the shadowed alley. A cruel expression replaced her tearful face.
 
"Do you think I'll be such a fool to wait for you forever? Who do you think you are? Dream on! I've no hope for you anymore!"//
 
He tried to force his tears back. Ever since the Schwartz took him in after being abandoned by the world, he had promised himself not to cry.
 
"Where have you gone to, Nagi?" Farfarello's monotonous voice woke him from his thoughts: "We are getting onto our next step of our plan." His uninjured eye shone at the sight of Nagi's bleeding arm.
 
"I'm going to wash up," Nagi quickly said, avoiding Farfarello's chilling stare.
 
Tot's leaping towards a newly emerged form of a middle-aged man in silhouette without looking back still troubled him.
 
~~ ++++ ~~
 
The Criminal Investigation Bureau Headquarter was heavily secured with guards and technology. Nearby, a small figure, like a shadow, slipped silently, easily assessing and broke through the security system as though it had been doing these all the times.
 
It was a teenage boy in dark blue jacket. Tsukiyono Omi.
 
Within an hour, he proceeded into Manx's office. Skillfully attaching false data into the surveillance cameras in the nearby areas, he moved into the room. There was no one there. His bright blue eyes narrowed as he neared her personal computer.
 
~ Time to get to work. ~ Omi ran through the files into the system. His eyes widened in shock and disbelief as he scanned his way through the documents.
 
Just then, his handphone vibrated in his pocket interrupting his thoughts. It was an SMS from Hidaka Ken.
 
It read: 'Don't come home, Omi, it concerns life and death!'
 
Omi stared for a second without moving; he had a very bad feeling that something terrible was happening in Koneko no Sumu Ie if what he saw on the computer was true. Swiftly shutting down the system, he made his way out of the building.
 
'Ken-kun, Ran-kun, Yoji-kun, you all must be alright!' Omi prayed silently to himself on his way back to Koneko no Sumu Ie.
 
Cold rain descended, drenching Omi to the skin, but he did not care. He rode his way back. Glaring reds and yellows zoomed past him as he traveled through the busy red light district in Shinjuku.
 
Rain drops ran down his scooter goggles, blurring his vision ahead.
 
Ken's SMS flashed through his mind again.
 
~ Don't come home, Omi, it concerns life and death! ~
 
Koneko no Sumu Ie was dark and quiet from afar. Omi slowed down his scooter to a halt. He jumped down and ran towards the entrance, ignoring the rain beating heavily on his body.
 
He stopped.
 
The rain became heavier.
 
Before Koneko no Sumu Ie, three tall figures stood in the rain.
 
"Ran-kun! Ken-kun! Yoji-kun! You are all alright!" Omi exclaimed in relief: "Was there anything wrong earlier?"
 
"Omi, why, why did you return?" Ken whispered sadly. His voice became angry and loud: "WHY DIDN'T YOU HEED MY MESSAGE???!!!"
 
Omi stared at Ken feeling puzzled and looked at Yoji. Yoji turned his face away.
 
Omi noticed they had no scars or marks of any earlier battles he had expected. He looked at Ran. There was light of predatory in his eyes. To Omi. Omi was the prey. Something dawned in his mind. They were all out to kill him-Tsukiyono Omi!
 
"Eh, guys?" Omi cleared his throat, trying to soften the atmosphere: "Is this some kind of jokes?"
 
"The latest mission, Omi." Ran said solemnly as he unsheathed his katana: ".... is to annihilate Tsukiyono Omi-the possessor of Eszett's long lost evil ritual that can destroy this world."
 
Omi stood stunned on the spot, not knowing how to react.
 
"Wait, Ran!" Yoji protested: "This could be some kind of misunderstanding! Omi is only a child!"
 
"This is a message from Persia brought forward to us by Manx in person. What more do you doubt?" Ran's fiery eyes did not leave Omi's face.
 
Omi stood trembling. No, he thought, this was not true. How could those he had trusted and had been treating like his family members suddenly all turned against him, wanting to take his life?
 
("Cold parents you have, kid, your father does not want you," The kidnapper snickered at the seven-year-old Takatori Mamoru.)
 
No, no, his father had already abandoned him once, leaving him to die. Why would the people in Kritiker, especially Manx who had watched him grown up, Yoji, Ran and Ken who had went through so much life and death wanting to take his life and not trusting him?
 
Omi felt like laughing out, to let out his angst and frustration that accumulated in within him. He suddenly felt despondent with this world. There was nothing to live for now.
 
Ran slowly advanced towards him. As if rooted to the ground, Omi only stared as the scarlet hair leader lifted his katana, ready to stab him.
 
"Don't worry, Omi." Ran's eyes remained cold and harsh, but Omi could detect slight hint of tenderness in his tone: "I'll make this quick so that you will not feel the pain."
 
Omi closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the blow.
 
It never arrived.
 
A metallic crank sounded in the air.
 
Omi opened his eyes to see Ken blocking Ran's katana with his bugnuks.
 
"Ken! Do you know what's going to happen if you deny Persia's order?!" Ran roared angrily.
 
"I'll never let you hurt Omi!" Ken screamed. Lightning flashed across the sky, brightening the surroundings and thunder roared.
 
Ken turned to Omi: "Run, Omi! I'll stall him up!"
 
"Demo, Ken-kun...." Omi hesitated.
 
"RUN, OMI!!! RUN, RUN, RUN!!!!" Ken screamed on top of his voice against the raging rain and thunder impatiently.
 
Another flash of lightning showed Ken's worried face. He flew another claw, blocking Ran's katana movement.
 
Omi felt tears strung in his eyes. He nodded and ran.
 
Suddenly, shiny strings webbed around him and bound his limbs apart.
 
"Yoji-kun!" Omi gasped and struggled hard, but ended up entangled deeper into the web of translucent wires.
 
"Gomen ne sai, Omittchi." Yoji said, pulling the other ends of his wires that confined Omi's freedom.
 
On the other side, Ran managed to throw Ken onto the ground: "The last chance, Hidaka, slain Tsukiyono Omi!"
 
Ken shot his blood red eyes at his leader and grinded his teeth so hard that Omi could hear chattering sound against the roaring rain pour. Knowing there was no escape, Ken rose to his feet and approached the bound blue- eyed teen.
 
Omi looked up fearfully. Ken moved closer and caressed the boy's face tenderly.
 
"Give me one day, just one day to clear my name..... Onegai, Ken-kun....." Omi pleaded helplessly.
 
Ken's eyes was filled with sadness as he lifted Omi's chin so that he could look into the younger boy's eyes: "I'm so sorry, Omi, I can't protect you anymore...."
 
He leaned forward and kissed Omi's pale lips. It was a gentle and warm kiss. Omi's heart raced. He closed his eyes. There would be no regret before dying knowing that in Ken's mind; he was more than his friend.
 
Two rows of tears, mixed with rainwater, ran down Omi's cheeks.
 
Yoji turned his face away guiltily. Ran continued to stare coldly as if administrating the trial.
 
Tenderly, the kiss broke and Ken raised his clawed gloved hand.
 
Instantly, Omi felt his bound relieved. He felt a hand grabbed his and pulled him into a run.
 
"Ken-kun?" Omi opened his eyes and stared at the older teen.
 
Ken grinned: "I'm running away with you, Omi."
 
"Hidaka Ken!" Ran roared and gave chase.
 
"Onni-chan!!!!" Aya cried out from Koneko no Sumu Ie in shock. She never expected her brother to go after Omi's life. Ran froze to look at his sister.
 
"Doshite, Onni-chan?" Aya stammered tearfully.
 
"Aya...." Ran whispered.
 
Ken immediately took the opportunity to pull Omi onto his motorcycle and left Koneko no Sumu Ie. Yoji only stood and watched their faltering backs. Like Ken, he was reluctant to kill Omi.
 
"Good luck, kids.." Yoji whispered to himself.
 
Cold wind blew.
 
Omi snuggled closer onto Ken's back on the motorcycle.
 
"Arigato, Ken-kun.." Omi whispered: "....for trusting me..."
 
Afar, four figures stood watching Ken and Omi's disappearing figures.
 
"The plan is working brilliantly, Crawford." Nagi smirked.
 
"That's right, Nagi," Crawford smiled: "Very soon, we'll be able to track 'him' down."
 
Watching the spot where Omi was last seen, Schuldig smirked: "What will be mine will soon be mine..... Mamoru......."
 
~~ ++END OF CODE09++ ~~