Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Say Goodbye ❯ Say Goodbye ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Say Goodbye [Song by S club 7]
 
[In the years to come, will you think about the moments that we shared?
In the years to come, are you going to think it over and how we lived each day with no regrets?
Nothing lasts forever though we wanted to
The road ahead holds different dreams for me and you...]
 
The last sweater was folded into a rectangle and placed into a nearly packed suitcase. Closing it, Omi stood up and gazed at the empty cupboard and drawers that silently served him for the last six years. There they stood, bare and lifeless, like abandoned furniture. He moved his fingers to touch the bed sheets. They were stiff and hard, not as soft as Omi remembered. A summer breeze flew in, lifting the curtains in a waving motion. The wind chimes tinkled solemnly. Pulling up his collar to his cheeks, Omi shivered at the chilling silence. He felt he was inside a coffin.
 
[In a year from now, maybe there are things we wish we never say
Maybe in a year from now, maybe we will see each other
Standing on the same street corner, full of regrets...]
 
Though the pots were removed, Ken could smell the ripe floral scent of the summer flowers. Without the name tags, he knew where each type of flowers was displayed, from the floor to the highest display panel. Despite the silence, he could hear the school girls laughing, the ringing 'ka-ching' of the cashier and the crackling of wrapping papers. Looking around, he could see themselves running the store in their habitual ways. Within these four walls, happiness and sorrow co-existed harmoniously. The rag slipped from his fingers and splashed into the pail. Ken stared at the sinking cloth. He did not know why he was cleaning the store.
 
[Each and every moment, we'll look up to the stars
And if only I could stop the world, I'll make this last...]
 
The neurotoxins were numbing Yoji's brain but he did not care. He never did. He looked across the table, visualizing Omi. He would be sitting there, lecturing him about the harmful effects of smoking and its destructive consequences in a grown-up voice. Yoji's lips began to bend but it felt stiff and fake. Exhaling a wisp of lavender smoke, he waved his hand to the right, extending the cigarette. Aya would quietly take it and inhaled a little. Aya wasn't a good smoker but a fine companion for this little pleasure of life. As usual, he wouldn't talk much but his stern face would break into an amusing scowl whenever Yoji joked about their indirect kiss. Ah! He would definitely miss his drinking partner, Ken. Together, they could dry up any pub in Tokyo. Filling his lungs again with the toxin, Yoji wondered if they could do those things all over again.
 
 
[And when you need my arms to run into,
I will run to you
Nothing will ever change the way I feel...]
 
The sword reflected the disturbing sadness in its owner's eyes. The inevitable finally came. Aya knew it would. It was only a matter of time. It was the last mission that triggered it. In the name of Deception, they pretended to kill each other to trick those hideous villains. The plan worked but the seed was sown in their minds, flourishing with conflicts in each mission. Before they could confront the source of their discord, it bloomed out of control with a price. To solve the acrimonious situation, Persia decided that it was time for them to work solo. Omi was assigned to a secret academy for training, most likely to take over Persia's place. Both Yoji and Ken were briefed on their missions and arrangements had been made for them to leave by the crack of dawn. As for him, he was to train the newcomers. Judging from their photos, they were young, too young to walk down the path of Weiß. Aya sighed heavily. Somehow, if he could turn back time, the sword would be the last thing he would ever touch.
 
[Sometimes goodbye, though it hurts in your heart, is the only way for destiny
Sometimes goodbye, though it hurts, is the only way for you and me
Though it's the hardest thing to say, I miss your love in every way
So, say goodbye but don't you cry.
Cuz True Love never dies...]
 
With handshakes, nods, strained smiles and murmured farewells, the four men departed. One by one, the taxis drove off. As soon as the last taxi left, a summer breeze blew into a window that was left partially opened. It flew up the staircase and into one of the rooms. Inside, it saw a photo on a study table. A white silver cross necklace lay somberly on top of it. On the surface of the cross, read one sentence.
 
Weiß Kreuz, White Hunters of the Night
 
Le Fin
 
GeneWeiß's Mind:-
After watching the ending clip of Gluhen episode, GeneWeiß could not help feeling that the four has 'parted'. By the way, the last paragraph was taken from the ending clip. GeneWeiß is hopelessly in love with the cross. It's absolutely beautiful!