Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ School Days ❯ Nothing's better than having your own money! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Schuldig's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

After a long night of partying, Schu-honey drunkenly stumbled home to only crash into bed. Well, the next morning, he awoke slowly, to the quiet dribble of running water in the nearby bathroom. With a yawn and a hangover, Schuldig wobbled into the bathroom scratching his head.

"'Bout time you woke up," came Crawford's snooty voice. Schuldig cringed as that extremely irritating voice made his hangover seem two times worse. After a wave of nausea passed, he noticed that Bradley Crawford was in his apartment, in front of his bathroom mirror, combing his raven locks, just wearing one of Schu's old tee shirts.

"How'd you get here?" Schu slurred out, with wide eyes.

Cradley-chan gave Schuldig a small snort, and a smirk. "You must've been drunk off your ass if you can't remember last night."

"What?" Schuldig asked, completely baffled. He was absolutely sure he'd come home and fell into bed. He didn't remember picking anyone up… and he SURELY would've remembered bringing Crawford home.

Shaking his head, Schuldig stepped up to the black bathroom counter. He managed to find the sink even though the alcohol he drank the night before gave his vision a blurry tint, and he turned both faucets in opposite directions.

He scratched his itching scalp as he waited for the water to reach the right temperature, and eyed Crawford. 'How DID he get here? Am I still drunk?' Schu thought.

Schu focused his attention back to the black counter. There were white flakes littering the counter top in random places. 'Just hair gel from the night before…' Schuldig thought tiredly.

Schuldig pulled a washcloth from beneath the counter top in hopes of cleaning up the mess… but, the flakes JUMP to the opposite side of the counter.

With a drunken mumble, Schuldig (still thinking he's insanely drunk and delusional) hobbled over to the location of the flakes. In a drunken frenzy, he rubbed the washcloth over the flakes in an attempt to clean them off. Seeing this would no longer work, Schu dropped the washcloth and fanned his hands wildly over the white speckles.

One by one, in a single file, the flakes make a wondrous leap of faith… right into Crawford's short, yet very clean, hair.

With a baffled expression, Schuldig jumped back from the counter, his head in a swirl.

Cradley-chan turned quickly, his eyes ablaze. "If you are going to just stand there, then get out! I have to get ready… we're already late for school!!"

Then it finally hit Schuldig. He remembered where he'd been the night before! He was out at Marlow's (a local bar), getting himself drunk and hanging all over every pretty thing on two legs, when Cradley-chan wondered in. Crawford SAID he was here because he was worried about Schuldig…

Then it gets fuzzy after the 7th shot of Tequila.

While throwing a lanky arm around Crawford's shoulder, Schu smirked and whispered into his ear: "We've got lice…"

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00pm*~

Well, no going to school today! Schu and Crawford had to go to Wal-Mart, to buy lice medicine. They were both currently standing in the Wal-Mart Pharmacy, behind a line of some 200 people.

"For the love of God!" Schuldig said in an exasperated voice. Crawford stood by him, mumbling to his shoulder… Schuldig raised an eyebrow and leaned forward to rest his weight on their shopping cart.

"Himura Kenshin!" a husky voice called out. A young man wobbled forward, sneezed a few times, the collapsed on the floor. It seems he had exhausted himself while awaiting his medication. Two medical students rambled out of a small door, dragged him into the back room, and all was silent.

Two more hours went by. Schuldig's legs were numb and they tingled something awful. Bradley had long since left, and Schu had no idea where he'd gone to. Schu-honey was extremely tired. He was debating to go and just wash his hair in gasoline.

But, the line WAS getting smaller. Schuldig placed both hands on the top of his head and scratched quickly. This was getting old. Fast.

"Heero Yuy," called the voice from behind the pharmacy counter.

A boy with spandex shorts and a green tank top stepped up… dragging a squealing girl behind him. Ugh, at least Schuldig THOUGHT it was a girl… it had long hair, after all. After taking a few panting steps, the boy fell forward under the intense weight of the screeching beast. He, too, was dragged off by two medical students, and all was silent once more.

This pissed Schu off. After digging at his scalp a few more minutes, Schu pushed his cart away, and walked up to the untouched bag of medication. Schu hastily snatched the bag, held it close to his chest while walking away from the crowd, and sat on a nearby bench. He opened the bag to see if this Heero Yuy would have any medicine worth trying.

"Hm…" murmured Schuldig as he read the label on the orange pill bottles, "Prozac?"

~Bradley's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Wow, what a night! Bradley had woken up next to Schuldig, got laid, AND got somebody drunk all in one night! Kick ass!!! Mini-Schu smiled in approval as he noticed how happy Bradley was now.

Bradley woke up before Schuldig, meaning he'd get to admire that beautiful face for a little while longer. He'd admired that face so long that he'd fallen back asleep on accident. When he woke back up, it was nearly 8:30. He'd be late for school!!! What was a school without it's sexy, rich guy walking around???

Bradley quickly got out of bed, pulled on one of Schuldig's old shirts and nudged Mini-Schu, who was sleeping in a mini-ball on a little spot on his pillow. After much mini-cursing and yelling, Bradley stalked off to the bathroom. He checked the digital clock that sat on the black counter. 8:24!!! OH MY GOD! Hurry!

Bradley started prepping himself up for work immediately. He began coming his soft hair… such pretty hair. No time for a shower today. He'd have to go off smelling like 'Schuldig love'. After a few moments of silence, Schuldig finally woke and wobbled into the bathroom, smelling like cheap beer and sex.

"'Bout time you woke up," Bradley said in a deep, sexy voice. He knew Schuldig loved this voice, and so he used it often. Bradley loved the way Schuldig reacted to it.

"How'd you get here?" Schuldig slurred out, his eyes wide. Bradley had to force back a giggle. Mini-Schu suddenly appeared on his shoulder.

Bradley gave Schuldig a small smirk. "You must've been drunk off your ass if you can't remember last night."

"What?" Schuldig asked.

"Wow," Mini-Schu said while quirking an eyebrow, "you and I take a drive around the block, and end up at Marlow's. Amazing. But it was well worth it."

And with a nod and a smirk, Mini-Schu disappeared. Bradley smiled a wicked smile as Schuldig continued to slowly hobble around the bathroom with a washcloth in his hand.

He swiveled his hips and stuck out his rear in a hope that Schuldig would pay him attention. But no. The drunken fool just walked around, wiping up flakes with his washcloth.

Now, this pissed Mr. Bradley Crawford off. It pissed him off so much that his head began to itch. Bradley turned quickly to face Schuldig, whose eyes were ringed with red from the over consumption of alcohol.

"If you are going to just stand there, then get out! I have to get ready… we're already late for school!!" Bradley yelled out, on the verge of tears. Where was his cane?! He needed to hit something!!!

Schuldig merely blinked at him, and continued to act as if he had no idea what was going on. That sadistic bastard. After many moments of sheer confusion, a single arm was thrown over Bradley's shoulder. Bradley had to bite back the urge to beat Schuldig… but sense he had no cane, he knew he would be an easy kill for the other bishonen.

Suddenly Bradley felt warm breath on his ear and a voice slowly whispered: "We've got lice…"

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00pm*~

Bradley took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. At the current time, he and Schuldig were waiting behind a line of about 200 people. There seemed to be just two people working in the pharmacy, which was located in the local Wal-Mart.

"For the love of God!" Schuldig said in an exasperated voice. Bradley stood by the redheaded bishonen, mumbling to Mini-Schu, who was perched on Bradley's shoulder.

"This sucks!" yelled Mini-Schu. "I wish something awesome would happen right NOW!"

"Himura Kenshin!" a husky voice called out from behind the counter. A very attractive young man wobbled forward, sneezed a few times, the collapsed on the floor. Two medical students rambled out of a small door, dragged him into the back room, and all was silent.

"SWEET!" Mini-Schu shouted after everything had returned to normal.

Bradley looked to Mini-Schu. "Did you do that…?" he questioned softly, so no one would hear. Mini-Schu shook his head and shrugged.

"Let's go look at some CDs," he said casually. Bradley nodded, and without even telling Schuldig where he was going, walked toward the electronic section.

After digging at his scalp momentarily, Bradley decided to sit on a bench right beside of the clothing department.

"Why are we sitting???" Mini-Schu asked in a very aggravated voice. "I HAVE to buy the new Nickel Back CD! If I don't, I swear I'll make your life a living hell!!!"

Bradley continued to dig at his head. "Having lice sucks," he murmured.

"Are you ignoring me???" the tiny conscience asked.

Bradley continued to scratch. Mini-Schu took hold of Bradley's ear and pulled.

"Stop ignoring me! Get your fat ASS off this bench and go get that CD!" Mini-Schu yelled into his ear.

Bradley quickly shook his head, causing Mini-Schu to lose his grip and tumble into Bradley's lap. "Stop touching me," Bradley said angrily, "I hate it when people touch me… that's why I don't like cats!"

He stood and quickly began walking to the exit of the store. People began to stare at the young businessman walking around talking to himself. Odd, ne?

~Nagi's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Nagi slowly sipped his orange juice as Omi, who was sitting beside him, nibbled on a cracker. The two exchanged smiles and looked away quickly out of shyness. Aww, young love. But it couldn't last long… nope. Nagi's mother and father had gotten him a job!!! A horrible job, and his parents were going to pick him up before lunch and force him to work his soft, gentle hands to the bone!!!!

Omi placed a hand under Nagi's chin and tilted his face to where their eyes met.

"What's bothering you, Pet? You seem sad." Omi asked as he looked into the other's eyes.

"I have to leave you early today…" Nagi said as he sighed. "I have a job."

"Job? Great! That means you can have your own money!" Omi-chan said happily. "You won't have to depend on your parents anymore!! Tell me, what do you do?"

Nagi stuck out his tongue as he made a face. "I'm a paper boy."

"Well, that's not… too bad! How much do you earn? How many houses do you have to deliver to?"

"I get 150 dollars a week to deliver papers to four houses…"

"Hey!" Omi said as he smiled happily. 'That's not bad at all!!!"

"No, you see, there's a catch."

"Huh?"

"The houses are like 5 miles apart…"

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00am*~

Nagi peddled his bike across the mud-slickened road as the rain beat down on the ground in heavy sheets, causing his bike to occasionally swerve. Just four papers to deliver! No problem! Just… 20 miles right??? It was like someone was laughing at him, mocking him as he done his best to not crash his bike into the many trees that lined the country road.

A bolt of lightning lit up the sky, and Nagi gave a short cry of fear. He hated lightning!!! Suddenly, Nagi lost control of his bike, and went careening forward into a deep ditch.

After awaking in a completely foreign place (which appeared to be a nice, cozy cabin), Nagi sat up in a fluffy feather bed and rubbed his bruised behind. Wow, some storm, ne? Little Nagi guessed he must be at one of the houses he was supposed to deliver a newspaper to.

He stood shakily on his legs and walked to the kitchen, which was emitting noises. He entered and saw a young blonde boy standing at a counter top, chopping vegetables.

"Oh, you're up!" said the blonde one. Nagi rubbed his head.

"Where am I?"

"Our house."

Nagi sweatdropped. "Where's that?"

"A little off of the country road… don't worry. We found your bike as well. After you rest a while you can be on your way. By the way, I'm Chesta."

Nagi smiled thankfully. At least there were a few decent people in this world. "I'm Nagi. I need to start back soon---"

"CHESTA!"

Chesta gasped and dropped the knife he had been using to chop up carrots. "DILANDAU!" he said in a panicked voice. Chesta looked over to Nagi, who was standing about, looking curious. "Fly you fool," Chesta continued, "you know not your peril!!!"

Nagi blinked. 'My peril?' he thought.

Suddenly, a very angry looking boy stomped in through the front door, glaring daggers at all that crossed his path. "Chesta!!" he repeated more forcefully.

The boy walked into the kitchen, his white hair frizzled and his… good Lord does he have pink eyes??? Maybe… they're red…

Nagi gulped. The younger blonde hid himself behind Nagi, and coward as the one named Dilandau walked up to face them.

"CHESTA! Who is this…?" Dilandau asked, his… ugh, pink eyes flashing.

Chesta fumbled for words a minute, then looked up to Nagi. "He's just this person I found laying along side the road, Dilly. Honestly…"

Dilandau's eye's narrowed. "Did you have sex with him?!"

"What?" Chesta and Nagi asked at once.

"Of course not!" Chesta said as he pushed past Nagi and walked up to Dilandau.

Dilandau took Nagi by the collar of his blue school jacket and held him tightly. "Good. You don't know the hell I could bring you!"

~Ken's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Ken-Ken was sitting with his soccer buds, waiting for Ran-chan to arrive. Right now, his pals were talking about their Saturday nights. Two of his friends where currently speaking of their amazing night out.

Etea, the only girl on the team, and Dedier, the team's captain, were bragging about their humorous situation.

Ken-Ken sat quietly, and chewed his biscuit while he listened.

"Who was on the bottom??" someone randomly asked.

"We switched," said Dedier. "But that was AFTER she gave me head…"

"Nuh-uh!" argued Etea, "I didn't do anything I swear!"

Dedier snorted. "What'd you do then? Set there and look at it?"

This erupted giggles of laughter from everyone and a blush from Etea. Ken-Ken sighed. He missed his Ran-chan. Finally, the bell rang, and students began filing out of the lunchroom and into their classes.

Ran-chan didn't show up. Ken hoped he was ok. He walked into his class and sat down behind a very disturbed little boy. He was named Brenick. He had problems. Ran-chan said to never speak to this boy. Ken-Ken soon found out why.

Brenick turned in his seat and faced Ken. "I hate you," he said quickly. "I hate this school. I hate the people in it. I hate me."

Ken-Ken blinked. He'd never heard anyone act this way before. "Why?" Ken simply asked.

"I don't know. I just do. I think I'll go home early…"

And with that, Brenick turned in his seat and faced the front of the classroom. Ken-Ken was a bit frightened. He looked at the person who was sitting across from him. It was a soccer buddy. Thank God.

"Don't worry," said Soccer Buddy. "He's always like this. Tuesday is his national 'I'm-Going-To-Kill-Myself-Day'. The medication doesn't kick in until after lunch. He'll be fine."

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00am*~

Ran-chan never showed up!!!! What's wrong??? Ken sat in his class, looking out the window with worry-filled eyes. As soon as the bell rang, he quickly darted out of the classroom and down a hallway. He needed to hear from Ran-chan!

Ken slowed himself to a quick walk; he wasn't going to take any chances with running. Even Ken-Ken knew he couldn't run very far without falling. You see, whenever Ken sets himself to do something, he has this adrenaline rush. He wants to run and hurry and do whatever it is he needs to do, but he doesn't because he knows he'll fall. It doesn't bother him all that much; it's just the fact that it'll slow him down.

Finally finding a pay phone, Ken-Ken dug into his pockets for spare change. After dropping most of his money, Ken finally managed to get 35 cents into the darn contraption. He dialed Ran's number, and waited while it rang.

Five rings. Seven rings. No one's going to pick up!!!! Oh my God! Ran's dead!

"Hello?" came Ran's gasping voice.

"Ran?!" Ken quickly asked. "Are you ok? Why aren't you at school? You're gasping! Are you feeling all right? Are you??"

"Yes Ken," Ran panted. "I'm fine. I just got caught up in something. Please don't worry. Oh, I have to go now. Bye."

Click.

Ken went white as a sheet. Ran never JUST hung up! He'd always tell Ken: 'I was shy in front of the most beautiful creature in the world… now, how could I have something as precious as this?'

Ken-Ken was SURE there was something up. Maybe… maybe Ran has a secret lover! Ken growled. This had to do with the whole story thing, didn't it? Well, Ran deserved it.

Ken slammed down the phone as he planned a way to get back at Ran… oh, revenge was going to be sweet.

~Omi's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Omi and Nagi were sitting beside each other, eating their breakfast. Well, Omi was eating, and he was positive it was going to go straight to his hips. But, nevertheless, Omi ate. Something was bothering Nagi; Omi could tell in the way his eyes didn't dance with happiness whenever Omi agreed to eat something. He ate two WHOLE crackers, and Nagi never even said 'Are we going to go for three?'

Omi nibbled the cracker in his hand as he watched Nagi sip his orange juice. Finally, Omi placed a hand under Nagi's chin and tilted his face to where their eyes met.

"What's bothering you, Pet? You seem sad." Omi asked as he looked into those endless blue depths.

"I have to leave you early today…" Nagi said as he sighed. "I have a job."

"Job? Great! That means you can have your own money!" Omi said happily. 'This means more dates for us then, sense I'm usually broke,' he thought.

"You won't have to depend on your parents anymore!! Tell me, what do you do?" Omi continued

Nagi stuck out his tongue as he made a face, which Omi found adorably cute. "I'm a paper boy."

"Well, that's not… too bad! How much do you earn? How many houses do you have to deliver to?"

Ugh, God help this poor child. A paper boy?? Nagi can barely open his locker, what makes his employers think he can throw a newspaper three feet?

"I get 150 dollars a week to deliver papers to four houses…"

God… dogs, evil children, traffic. Poor, poor boy.

"Hey!" Omi said as he faked a happy smile. "That's not bad at all!!!"

Lies… all lies!!! Spare this youth, for he knows not of his fate!

"No, you see, there's a catch," Nagi said slowly.

"Huh?"

"The houses are like 5 miles apart…"

Always a catch… always.

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00pm*~

Omi walked down the hallway to his next class with a frown on his face. Nagi had left earlier that day. Omi wished the boy good luck. He didn't even know if Nagi knew how to ride a bike or not. He quickly pushed past everyone in his hurry to get to class. He didn't have any reason to be out in the hallways, and if Mr. Crawford was here today, he certainly didn't want to be whacked with a cane.

A taller boy walked right into him, causing Omi to drop all his books onto the floor. Omi gave the taller form a shove.

"Dear God," Omi said bitterly. "Get the fuck off you little lard ass."

"Cursing hurts God…" was a husky reply.

"Do we want to hurt God?" was another, much softer, voice.

"What have I told you about being respectful to others? Be evil… ok?"

The shorter youth nodded. "Ok, Farfies!"

The one named 'Farfies' smacked the shorter boy across the face repeatedly. "YOU ADRESS ME AS SENSEI!"

The bell that signaled tardiness rang loudly, and students quickly scurried to their classes. Omi crouched in the floor as he gathered up his materials. Time for math class.

Upon entering the room, students found their seats and the teacher walked up to the board. He began writing down equations for the students to solve, since this was Tuesday and on Tuesdays their teachers are lazy. Ok?

"Ok," the teacher began, "today, we're learning about Linear Combinations! Isn't that great?"

Omi grimaced. 'Big whoop…' he thought bitterly.

"Now," the teacher continued as he pointed to the problem he just wrote on the board. "This is the type of problems you will be doing for the next week. You will--"

"Wait!" said the dumb ass of the class, Touma. "Stop that, I don't understand…"

The teacher slapped his forehead. This happened every time the class started something new. "Stop what??? I just wrote the problem down!"

"Huh?" said poor Touma.

Omi blinked. This was boring. He might as well drift off into his dream world… the teacher would take the next 30 minutes to explain the layout of the problem to Touma. Anything would be better than listening to the following arguments. Omi would even listen to himself…

'I'm left-handed…' ((warning: this information is not known… I just now made it up ^^)) Omi thought, bemused. 'Amazing. I'm a lefty, but I can still eat with my right hand… ain't I special??'

~Ran's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Ran combed his hair as he studied his reflection in his bedroom mirror. He had to hurry off to school, or else… HE might catch him. Ran shivered as he quickly pushed thoughts of HIM out of his head. After grabbing a muffin for breakfast and his backpack, he bolted for the door.

But… HE caught him

A little boy with a dirty face and torn clothes was at his doorstep. He sniffed and rubbed his nose with the back of his hand as he rocked back on forth on the balls of his feet.

"Mister…" he began shyly, "can I use your phone?"

Ran blinked. "It's 8:30am," he replied dryly.

"Oh," said the small one, while looking as if he destroyed the most precious thing in the world. "Ok, I'll go home now."

That always tugged at Ran's heartstrings. "No, no…" said young Ran. "Come on, you can use it…"

He opened the door and let the smaller child step inside and led him to the phone. So what if he was a few minutes late? It's not like the world would crumble if he were a bit tardy.

The chibi used the telephone, and gave Ran many, many thank-you's. Then, a tiny rumbling was heard.

THIS is what made this child so annoying. Every FREAKIN' day he came over at the crack of dawn wanting to use the phone, and then he came back at four in the evening to get a Popsicle. Popsicles, Popsicles, Popsicles! Well, sometimes there just wasn't anymore FREAKIN' Popsicles!!!

"Can I have a Popsicle?" Chibi asked. Ran's eyebrow twitched. Chibi was a few hours early on this whole Popsicle thing…

"You," he began," ATE the last Popsicle yesterday."

"Nu-uh!" the little boy argued. "I gave it to my stupid sister… so can I have one now?"

"But there AIN'T no more Popsicles!"

"I told you, my sister ate it!!!"

"THERE'S NO MORE TO GIVE AWAY! YOU ATE ALL OF THE POPSICLES!!!"

The chibi stopped, sniffed, and began to cry. Ran gulped. Chibi ran out of the door and never looked back. Bad, bad Ran-chan!

Ran blinked and looked out the window. Yohji was on his front lawn… Odd.

Ran walked outside to greet the Senior Slut. Yohji was standing with his hand on his hip, while smoking a cigarette.

"So," little Yo-tan began, "is that the little kid that always wants the Popsicle?"

Ran nodded. "Yeah, it's him and his little bow-legged sister that live across the creek…"

Yo-tan blinked. "Bow-legged? What's wrong with them?"

Ran sighed. "Nothing really, they're just all cousins."

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00pm*~

What is it with this whole story and traffic jams? Ran sighed. He was stuck behind a school bus that was undoubtedly taking their children on a field trip. But something odd was up. The bus WASN'T moving.

Ran slapped his forehead and grumbled. He literally threw his entire body onto the horn and yelled loudly: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE! THE GAS IS ON THE RIGHT!"

This was one of those bad days that happen to good people, ne? Perhaps Ran should change schools. He would go to one of those neat schools in the western hemisphere. The kind where everyone runs around saying "And then my make-up smudged off! I Nearly DIED!"

Wait, naah. Ran could never change schools. One reason being his Ken-Ken. The other was the fact he was afraid no one would like him. Then a thought hit him; why should he care? Nobody liked him around here anyways.

As much as he would hate to admit it, he'd miss this school. He'd miss the 'Yo-Mamma' jokes and the low test grades. Sigh. He'd even miss the experimental 'Crack-Loops' they'd created for science class. They tried to say you wouldn't get addicted to drugs anymore, and the cereal market would sky rocket. Life would be good.

Wait… that never happened. Oh, Ran dreamed that. Never mind.

The school bus finally kicked into gear and drove off, leaving a line of traffic two times the length of Kyoto long. Ran sighed a thankful sigh, and shifted his still running car's gears out of park into drive. SCREETCH! The car's engine stopped…

Ran blinked.

Blink.

Blink, blink.

Why was the car not moving? The line of people behind him blew their horns and shouted obscenities. It… it couldn't be possible! He tried to restart the car, but to no avail.

What is with the author??? Why is she so cruel???

((A.n.: Heh, heh, heh…))

Then, Ran's cell phone rang. Thank GOD! Someone was worried enough to call and check up on him! Ran quickly picked up the cellular phone, then dropped it, and began panting due to the utter horror of being stuck like this. The grasped the cell phone in both hands and held it up to his ear.

"Hello?" Ran gasped into the phone.

"Ran?!" Ken quickly asked. "Are you ok? Why aren't you at school? You're gasping! Are you feeling all right? Are you??"

"Yes Ken," Ran lied… he couldn't bear to worry his Ken. Ken didn't even know what to do in this situation anyways; Ken would more than likely end up hurting himself on the way to help Ran. "I'm fine. I just got caught up in something. Please don't worry… Oh, I have to go now. Bye."

The driver in the car behind Ran's blew his horn. "I DON'T HAVE ALL FREAKIN' DAY!" he yelled out. Ran let his face fall forward onto the steering wheel and his grimaced. What a horrible day. Wait! He had his trusty cell phone with him! He could call for a mechanic! Ran happily began dialing the local mechanic shop as the line of cars passed him up, leaving him alone in the middle of the road.

"We're sorry…" came the reply on the other end of the line. "The number you have reached has been temporarily disconnected. Please hang up and try again later, or redial the number you are trying to reach."

Ran gulped. He slowly tossed the phone into the passenger's seat, and got out of his wonderful car. He knew there had to be something wrong with it. I mean, he DID get it pretty cheap…

Ran took to walking towards his home. He'd nicely ask his neighbor's to help him fix his beloved automobile, and give their stupid child all the Popsicles he could eat.

~Yohji's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Yohji was sitting with Farfarello at their own lunch table. Yohji was sniffing his marker, and Farfarello was sucking on a plastic fork.

"So then," Yo-tan said in between sniffs, "I said we'd go out and get drunk. Do you wanna go get drunk Farfs? We can go to a chicken fight later on."

Farfarello nodded, now gnawing on the fork.

"Ok, but you're gonna pay for the booze ok?"

Farfarello nodded again.

"We'll have to cut school. Do you know where the Paintsville Market is? They have lots of chicken fights there."

Yohji stood, and Farfarello followed. They walked to the front lobby doors of the school and walked out, teachers yelling and students cheering.

"Anyways," Yohji continued sat they sat in Farfarello's car. "You can buy pizza there, too. And it's the good kind of pizza, the kind that's sold beside the place where they hold the chicken fights. And they have dogfights after midnight. You wanna stay 'til after midnight? We can go look at the stars when all the fighting is over with."

The car swerved.

Yohji sputtered. "Ok so we don't have to go look at the stars!"

The car centered itself in the correct lane and all was silent.

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00am*~

Yohji ran up the muddy hill and quickly motioned for the slow-walking Farfarello to follow. This was SO awesome!

"Hurry, Farf! They're starting the chicken fights!"

Yohji had already illegally obtained a cup of hard liquor and was hastily finishing it off. Farfarello, however, it was evident that he couldn't hold his alcohol very well. He stumbled up the slick hill, grinning stupidly, and face flushed.

Yohji smiled and ran off, leaving Farfarello where he stood. Yohji ran up to a crowd circling the chicken ring and pushed his way through. This was WAAAY cooler than driving really fast passing up coal trucks!!!

After moments of hoarse shouting, drinking, and swaying, Farfarello made his curvy way over to Yo-tan. Yohji smiled and took his arm, holding him steady.

"See? This is fun! I'm a lot smarter than I look, feel, and am!"

Farfarello blinked, and shrugged his shoulders. Yohji smiled a sadistic smile, and held his arm out for Farfarello to take. As the white-haired psychopath took the other's arm, they casually made their way to the top of a nearby hill to do some stargazing. Yo-tan smiled shyly at Farfarello, who was standing very close.

Suddenly, Farfarello snatched Yohji up into his arms, and quickly brought his lips to Yohji's…

Then he woke up…

Yohji sat up in bed quickly, his honey-colored hair matted to his face. He looked about. No Farfie… Yohji suddenly felt disappointed. He frowned and looked at the digital clock on his bedside table. Hm… 12:00pm? Well, his school day was shot.

His quickly dressed and left his home, walking briskly down the street. He suddenly came upon Ran's house. How did he know it was Ran's? Why, the wonderful car sitting out in the driveway, of course! That and Ran's yelling.

"THERE'S NO MORE TO GIVE AWAY! YOU ATE ALL OF THE POPSICLES!!!"

Yohji sighed and dug in his pocket. He pulled out a slightly bent cigarette and lit it, while puffing on it casually. This would be interesting. Ran walked out, after the neighbor's child ran from the house, crying. Yohji smirked; he always knew Ran was into child porn.

"So," little Yo-tan began after Ran had walked out to stand beside him, "is that the little kid that always wants the Popsicle?"

Yohji smiled widely, showing off his lovely teeth. He'd heard Ran talking with Ken about this kid.

Ran nodded. "Yeah, it's him and his little bow-legged sister that live across the creek…"

Yo-tan blinked. "Bow-legged? What's wrong with them?"

Ran sighed. "Nothing really, they're just all cousins."

~Farfarello's POV~

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 8:30am*~

Farfarello waited for Yohji to arrive. He and grasshopper were the only people Farfie cared for right now. Grasshopper sat beside of his Master and happily munched on his breakfast.

Farfarello sighed as he looked at the large clock on the lunchroom wall. Yohji was 5 minutes late. He wasn't coming today.

Grasshopper took his master's arm and smiled.

"They say," he began shyly, "that if you love someone, and you let them free… if they come back to you, they're yours forever!"

He smiled sweetly and tucked his blonde hair behind his ear as he began to eat again. Farfarello blinked.

"What if they don't come back…?" he questioned.

Grasshopper blinked.

"Do you hunt them down and kill them…?"

~*Tuesday, March 5, 2002 12:00am*~

Farfarello walked through the hallway, pulled Grasshopper along behind him. What Grasshopper said had him thinking. If he let Yohji go, he might come back! But, if Yohji DIDN'T come back… well. We'll talk about that some other time.

Farfie tugged for Grasshopper to speed up, since he didn't want to be late for his next class. He suddenly came in contact with another form. This form would later be named 'The Cute Thing That Curses'.

"Dear God," Omi said bitterly. "Get the fuck off you little lard ass."

"Cursing hurts God…" was Farfie's husky reply.

"Do we want to hurt God?" Grasshopper said softly.

"What have I told you about being respectful to others? Be evil… ok?"

"Ok, Farfies!"

Farfie twitched. He'd told this boy a million times!!!! Farf sighed and quickly backhanded Grasshopper across the face repeatedly. "YOU ADRESS ME AS SENSEI!"

Grasshopper rubbed his cheek and sniffed. He… he loved his master so much! Why does Farfie-sensei insist on beating him so? Why does his sensei hate God…???? Grasshopper put his arms around himself and sniffed.

Farfarello sighed. He was really being too nice to this poor child. Here he was, going out of his way, trying to teach him the dark ways. Not that Farfie cared for Grasshopper that way, I mean, c'mon! He didn't even know the boy's real name!