Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Snippets of Daily Life ❯ Halloween ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Ok I know that the Japanese don't celebrate Halloween like the Americans do, but I have artistic licence, right? Anyway please see: http://www.jref.com/culture/japanese_national_holidays.shtml and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Festival for the real info on Halloween/ Halloween like holidays in Japan.
Special thanks to bews and deunan for providing that info!
 
I should warn that this one is un-edited by my beta reader, will fix as soon as I get around to it…
 
Dv: I'm glad you enjoyed the last one (it's one of my faves)
Dimonyo: hehe as if I'd let any (permanent) harm come to my Yotan
Gill: I'm glad you're enjoying (even though you are on the dark side…aya/ken *shudder* :P)
Bews: I'm glad I could have made your day better…I think we need to threaten KD more, she's still not writing…
KD: I can threaten more…*looks scary*
Bly: a little delayed, but here it is…
 
 
Part XI
 
Ken paused as the doorbell rang.
 
He was right by the door, he should answer it, the kids on the other side would expect him to, on the other hand, Aya would kill him as it was nearly mission time.
 
But those kids, with their mournful faces and sad yet expectant eyes. He couldn't disappoint them, could he?
 
And he was already dressed…
 
Ken opened the door, praying that his death at Aya's hands would be swift, and was greeted by four hellions. Or more specifically four boys dressed as demons from hell.
 
“What are you supposed to be?” sneered one of the boys, his face covered by a dripping blood. The makeup artist who put it on him was talented indeed.
 
“I'm an assassin.” Halloween where truth and lies merge.
 
“With that idiotic outfit, I think not,” said a second boy.
 
“I mean what kind of assassin wears a bright orange sweater around his waist?” The third boy piped in.
 
“It's a jacket -”
 
“To help you blend in, dufus?”
 
This wasn't how it was supposed to go, “Aren't you supposed to say trick or treat?”
 
Geez these boys were hellions, all except the fourth who just stood there holding out his bag, waiting for candy to magically enter.
 
“What's that on your head?” The fourth boy finally spoke up.
 
Ken knew how to salvage the situation now, knew how to make himself look cooler. “It's night vision goggles.”
 
“They look like cheap motorocycle goggles that yuppies wear.”
 
Ken hated the fourth boy now with a vengeance. Stupid bratty boy, what the hell did he know?
 
“Oh my God, you're a yuppie motorcyclist.”
 
Hate. Hate. Hate. Stupid kids. He coached brats like these why?
 
“Hey Ken, have you seen my - oops sorry, didn't see that we had company. Hi!” Omi bounced by.
 
“Hey, do you want us to take your little girl trick or treating with us?” The first boy asked.
 
“We wouldn't mind,” leered the second.
 
Wait. How old were these kids? And his little girl? They thought he was old enough to have kids???
 
The sound of heavy, methodical footfalls coming down the stairs knocked Ken out of his reverie. Aya. He had to get these kids out of here.
 
“Look, do you guys want candy or not?” Ken held the candy bowl in front of himself desperately. “Just take it.” Go, go, go.
 
“Ken who's that?” Too late. Aya stood beside Ken, in all his glory - black trench coat, making his pale skin glow in the dim lighting of the house.
 
“And what the hell are you supposed to be?” Kid number one.
 
“That Matrix guy?” Kid number three.
 
“Nah, that's old now.” Number one again.
 
“A vampire?” Number two.
 
Aya glared. “Your worst nightmare, brat.”
 
“A vamp? Seriously? Don't you know you should at least have sharp, pointy teeth.”
 
“You want sharp and pointy? I'll give you a sharp and pointy sw—”
 
Aya was cut off by two golden hands covering his mouth. Yohji was there.
 
`Help me. Rescue me.' Ken's eyes pleaded.
 
`—right through your guts,' Aya's eyes spat.
 
“Ayan, why don't you go inside and help Omi find his shoes. Kenken, give me the candy.” Ken turned heel and fled. “Now gentlemen, how may I assist you?”
 
The first kid eyed Yohji up and down, “What are you a gigolo?”
 
“Well that depends.”
 
“On what?”
 
“Do you have a sister over the age of eighteen?”
 
“That's sick and gross, dude. We're outta here.”
 
“Don't you want any candy?”
 
“Hellooo, trick or treating's for kids. We're just doing this for fun.”
 
As one, they turned and left.
 
Just as Yohji was closing the door, the fourth kid ran back and grabbed a handful of candy from the bowl in Yohji's hand.
 
Smack!
 
Yohji's head hit the door.
 
“What the hell was that for, Aya?”
 
Aya glared, but didn't say what was on his mind. “Mission,” he barked and turned on the heel.
 
Hmm, right he wasn't supposed to mention that `girls over eighteen line anymore.' Oops.