Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

KEN'S POV
Something weird is going on with me. It's not normal! I wake up in the middle of the night, wanting the feel of blood, fresh and warm, dripping through my fingers. My fingers are twitching right now from just thinking of it.
This shouldn't be happening to me! I shouldn't be enjoying death like this! But still… The thrill of feeling my bugnuks rip through my victims body; to feel their skin tearing at my hands, to see the blood spray from heir mouth, to hear their last gurgling breath as they choke on their blood, and even just to smell and practically taste the coppery scent of blood… It excites me so much!
There are times when I decide to go to Ran to ask him for help, but I always wimp out at the last moment. I know that I should be able to trust him with this. Hell, it's not even that I don't trust him. I mean, come on! After all, he is basically our team's leader. But then, I imagine his eyes looking down on me in disappointment and disgust. I'm scared of him seeing me as just another one of those dark beasts that supposedly deserve their death.
What if I become Weiß's next mission? I would never know until much to late… After all, there are a ton of times when the other three can have a mission briefing when I am not there. I mean, well, I do spend most of my time with my little soccer kiddos.
Am I a danger to the rest of Weiß? Is it possible that I might completely lose control in the middle of a mission and just see everyone as just other targets to kill, including Ran, Yohji, and Omi? What do I do?!
 
RAN'S POV
Something seems to be wrong with Ken. I am often wakening during the night to the sound of him prowling around his room. As well as that, during our missions, he appears to get too much pleasure in his kills. He gets this strange animalistic gleam in his eyes that seem to be starving and craving for more blood. I am concerned about him. He seems to look forward to missions way too much. He carries them out with too much vigor. I am afraid we are losing him to madness.
There are times when it seems as though he is going to talk to me about something, but he always flees before reaching me. I want to help him, but I do not wish to force him. He will confide in me when he is ready. I really appreciate Omi for leaving Ken's… peculiarity out of the mission reports. I am sure that if Manx found out, it would be certain that though she means well, Ken will be sent for counseling, and I don't quite trust Kritiker doctors with dealing with Ken's mind. It's delicate as it is. They would most likely just muddle it more than it already is.
I truly do hope he comes to one of us soon, though. If he goes on along this path of deterioration, I cannot be certain of the rest of our team's safety. What can I do to get him to trust me? Can the damage done to him even be reversed? What am I to do?
 
KEN'S POV
We have a mission tonight. My body is all tensed up. I can't wait for it to become night! But this is what I should be scared of… I shouldn't be looking forward to the mission like this! But it's the only way I can relieve my tension. I can't get rid of it these days. Oh boy, do I try, though! I've tried running in the morning, playing soccer with the kids, working out, hell, I've even tried fighting with Yohji! Ran wasn't too happy with that when he found out about it, though, so I stopped using fights to help relieve my tension. I've probably already crossed the line of being a liability; I don't want to be a nuisance, too! But, I dunno how else to get rid of this tension!
Maybe I should try talking to Aya about it… Well, not my mission craving, but this tension that just won't leave me alone… I'm sure he'll know what to do. He seems like a very smart guy. I hope he knows what to do…
What am I talking about?! Of course he knows how! In the Koneko, during missions, hell, even in our normal… err, well as-normal-as-they-get lives, he has a solution to all of our problems! He saved our asses tons of times during missions and even patched up plenty of our fights between us, too! I know that I might sound like a bumbling idiot, but it's true! I can't remember a time when he hasn't known what to do!
I'm glad he's our leader… I dunno if we'd still be alive if he wasn't…
 
RAN'S POV
There is a mission tonight. Ken seems very agitated. He even snapped at Omi earlier when all Omi wanted to know was what Ken wanted for lunch. Now Omi believes that he did something wrong to make Ken angry with him. I'm considering talking to Ken about this, whether he wants to or not. The other day, he even picked a fight with Yohji.
I really wish that he didn't resort to harming our team with his anxiousness. I do know that he's trying, though. He runs in the morning, spends more time with his soccer brats, and I believe that he works out in the morning, too. I just wish that one of these methods would actually work on him…
What would work on his, though? I don't believe that he will be able to sit still long enough to meditate… but then, I didn't think that my sister would be able to still, and she can meditate just as well as I can. So maybe I should try that method with him. Perhaps I can even try aromatherapy on him. But then, it's the need for violence that causes this tension in him, so maybe I should attempt training with him, and perhaps teach him how to use the katana, if he seems ready to accept the life style of a samurai. Or perhaps I shouldn't bather teaching him the way of the samurai… Why have one more person tainting the honor of being a samurai with so much blood? I hope my decisions, whatever they end up to be, don't come back to haunt me…
I'm standing outside of his door now, waiting for him to open it… I hope I have made the right decisions…
Next time…The Confrontation
_
All right. So how was it? This is my first Weiß Kreuz fic, so I'm a bit nervous about it… Let alone the fact that I haven't seen/read all of the series… Yeah, so let me know what you think about it. I hope this becomes as much of a success as my Fruits Basket one did. Just leave me a review of what you think. If possible, can u give me a rating, based on a 1 to 10 scale, 1 being `it ought to be taken off', 10 being `OMG! I loved it!' Sorry if it seems to be asking for a lot… yeah, well, I'll stop babbling now…
-PrincessFlame91