Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Beast ❯ The Confession ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, I've decided to return. Thank you all so much for letting me know that my work is appreciated, and my special thanks to ________, for he/she (I have no idea which gender, and I don't want to assume) pointed out some points of history that really helped to boost up my moral. It's not that the rest of you who reviewed had no part in bringing me back—and don't worry, you did—it's just that ___________ really seemed to put some effort into encouraging me. Kisses to all of you who replied, and extra hugs to ______. Well, I'd better stop rambling now, or I'll never stop gushing… Enjoy!
_
Disclaimer: I don't own Weiß. Never did, never will.
_
_
“How about the café?” Ken blurted out. Ran froze, but then smiled.
“Of course.” Ran said. “I'm glad that you finally settled on a place to talk. How about we go tomorrow? They're already closed right now.” Ken relaxed, nodded, and agreed.
“Sure,” he said, “why not?' Ran examined Ken, trying to determine by Ken's eyes alone whether he would attempt to escape or not. Once assured, he allowed Ken to leave and get ready for their mission that night.
_
After the mission, Ran lay awake in bed, thinking over all that had happened during the mission. It only assured him that he had made the right decision in deciding to talk to Ken. It would not be acceptable for Ken to be so out of control as he was during the mission. Not only was it dangerous, but it was also unnerving to see Ken being so savage and bloodthirsty in his kills. Just remembering how Ken had acted sent shivers down Ran's spine.
God, he really needed to talk to Ken if Ken was going to be like this during missions. It was too risky to he rest of Weiß, as well as for Ken, for that matter. Kritiker would not take to kindly to Ken if they found out that Ken had gone berserk. If Kritiker found out that Ken posed as a threat, then Ken was done for, and there would be no saving him, no matter what Ran did. Ran hoped that it would end up being so.
Ran suddenly shot strait up as he heard an odd whimpering coming from Ken's room, and then what sounded like a struggle. Ran quickly crept from his room and silently approached Ken. He paused before opening the door, for he could discern only silence beyond it.
Just as Ran was about to pass it off as his imagination and return to his room and his nice cool sheets, he heard Ken thrashing around again. This time, Ran didn't hesitate, and just barged into Ken's room. Contrary to what Ran had expected, Ken wasn't alone. The struggle he heard wasn't against an outside force, but rather, it seemed to be in Ken's dreams.
Ran studied Ken lying there tangled in his sheets, completely oblivious to the fact that there was another person in his personal quarters. Ran held back his gasp of surprise when his scrutiny reached Ken's face. Agony and horror filled it, leaving hardly any room for any other emotion, except for regret.
Unable to stand to bear the grimace of pain marring Ken's features, Ran reached over and gently shook Ken awake. Ran quickly jumped back when Ken shot up, eyes wide and unseeing, skin shining with a thin layer of sweat. Ran gently placed a hand on Ken's shoulder, hoping that it would bring Ken back to reality.
Luckily, it worked. Ken finally noticed that there was someone else in his room. Ran hoped that the reaction that he received was not what Ken did to everyone who came into his room while he was asleep.
Ken leaned into Ran's hand, slightly cuddling it, ironically, ran thought, like the way in which a kitten would. Ken turned slightly to look into Ran's eyes, a silent plea in his own.
“Please stay with me.” Ken said, his hand reaching up to grasp Ran's own. “Just for tonight to keep the nightmares away. Please?” Ken's warm, chocolate brown eyes, devoid of all blood-thirst, but filled with torment, instead. Ran found that he was unable to resist Ken's anguished gaze so he sat down on the edge of the bed and stroked Ken's hair, hoping to calm him down. Ken leaned into Ran's touch, hoping that Ran wouldn't get up and walk away, leaving him alone to deal with his nightmares, with no one to save him.
After a while, Ran shifted so that he was not actually sitting on the bed, instead of bracing his weight on his feet, trying not to fall off of the edge of the mattress. Ken stirred from his light slumber at the movement and looked up at Ran with sleep-blurred eyes. Ran just shook his head and continued caressing Ken's hair. Ken shifted slightly so that Ran would have room to lie down. Ran noticed the faint blush that danced across Ken's bronze cheeks.
“If you're gonna stay the night,” Ken said, “the you should at least be comfortable.” Ran noted how the blush that had graced Ken's cheeks darkened a bit and chuckled a bit. He eased himself down to a comfortable position and was surprised when Ken hesitantly scooted over and curled up against his side. “Are you okay with me being this close?” Ken asked. “It's okay if you aren't. I know that you might not share my preferences.”
Ran froze as he realized what Ken was implying. Ken wasn't straight. Luckily, neither was Ran. In fact, he housed a secret fondness for Ken that wasn't all that brotherly. Unfortunately, Ken took Ran's stiffness the wrong way, and thought that he had sickened Ran.
Ken stumbled out of the bed, eyes wide with horror. “I'm sorry!” He said. “I didn't mean to disgust you. Um, I'll leave you alone now. Sorry for bothering you. Um, yeah. See ya later!” Ken stumbled towards the door, cursing himself for leaving all his clothes on the ground, instead of putting them in the hamper, as Omi had often yelled at him to do. He was interrupted during his curse over muddy pants from the kids' game the week before by a firm hand on his wrist that pulled him back to the bed.
_
Next time…The Reassurance
_
_
Well, hope all of you enjoyed this. Don't worry if the quality of writing sounds bad right now. This is from when I first started to story, so it's a bit… err… bad. You can expect better writing in the near future. By the way, for future reference: I will post a new chapter every other week or so. I have a few chapters written out right now, but I figure it's better to spread them out than to have a sudden gap in the middle because I'm going through writer's block. Well… leave a review if you're up to it… Let me know if I'm doing good, or if there are some areas of improvement. I won't go back to former chapters to change things, but I will do my best to prevent it from occurring in my future writing. Well, until next chapter…
Signed,
PrincessFlame91