Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Coven ❯ Outcasts ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Coven - Chapter 1 - Outcasts
 
 
At Zena University…
 
A green sports car drove into a parking lot. Its engine hummed for a while before ending into a grunt. Removing his sunglasses, Yoji looked at Omi. Like flipping a page of a book, Omi had grown into a young man, at the edge of embracing adulthood. Beneath the dark blonde hair and a striking curl dangling down his forehead, there was a faint boyish look that Omi had on the first day they met. There was innocence like a new flower bud, waiting to bloom into a better man that Yoji hoped Omi would become. A joyful squeal of women's laughter caught his attention. He looked up and saw the university campus, alive with dreams and fantasies. Hopefully, Rex's friendly negotiation was persuasive enough to allow him to enter the school as an art teacher. Yoji smiled. He liked art, especially body art.
 
"Here we are.” He playfully rubbed Omi's head. "Are you ready to study?"
"We are on a mission, remember?" Omi scowled, pushing away his hand. "And stop doing that! You will make everyone think I'm a little kid."
"Of course you are, you are my little 'cousin'," He pulled out a school bag, "Here's your bag."
"Thank you," Omi got out of the car. "What are you going to do?"
"The same as always, irritate Rex and visit Aya at the hospital. Ken's with him."
"Yoji..." Omi paused. "Aya will regain his sight one day, will he?"
 
Yoji kept silent, put on his sunglasses and replied, "One day, he will." Straining a smile, "Don't think of gloomy things. Focus on the grades. I'll be back this Saturday to pick you up. Meanwhile, stay out of trouble. You hear me?"
 
"Yes, sir!" Omi pretended to salute him.
 
 
The school rang bell and everyone flooded into the lecture halls. Quietly, Omi took a seat at the back, having a clear view of everyone. Then, someone touched his shoulder. He turned and saw a young lady with sea green hair hanging down her shoulders, twinkling apple eyes and cubby cheeks. As her supple pink lips bent into a crescent, a warm tingle rose in Omi's cheeks.
 
"Hi, you must be Kazuki Asataka, the new student." Lifting her hand. "I'm Sara Mikagami."
"Hi," Omi shook her hand. Her skin was like rose petals. "How did you know I'm the new student."
"As member of student council, it's my duty to make sure all new students are welcomed here."
“So, as student council member, is there any advice?"
"Three things. Pay attention, don't be late for classes and study."
"I think I can do that."
"I know you will and oh, one more thing," Lowering her voice, she pointed. "Whatever you do, stay away from these three."
 
 
Following Sara's direction, Omi saw three boys sitting at the other end. The first one was a fairly lanky man whose ash hair was groomed exactly like an ancient swordsman. His elfish face bore a pair of thin brows over his dark sapphire eyes. With a jacket over his black turtleneck shirt, he sat motionlessly with one leg upon the other. The second was athletically built in his casual attire of baggy T-shirts and jeans. Brushing his electric orange hair aside, he rubbed his firmly set jaw and turned his almond eyes to a girl. Flashing a rouge smile, he winked at her. The girl looked away and hurried to her seat. The last one reminded Omi of Crawford with his scholar appearance consisting of neatly combed navy hair, black-rimmed glasses and collar sweater dressing. Around his neck, he wore a bronze necklace of the crucified Christ.
 
"What about them?"
 
 
 
"If you don't want to stick in the wrong crowd, it's them." Sara sat up straight and looked at the lecturer taking out his notes. "People say that they caused Hitoro's death. I believe them. Hiroto wasn't the same after he joined them."
 
“Hiroto?” Omi asked innocently.
 
“Hiroto Kazeyousei. Surely, you must have heard of the multi million Kazeyousei Corporation. Hiroto was to inherit his family's business right after he finished school. Thankfully for his father, he has two more offspring.”
 
"What do you mean when you said Hiroto wasn't himself?"
 
"He became very secretive, avoided campus activities and other social functions. It's only them he wanted to hang out with."
 
"That's true," said a boy, who was sitting behind Omi. "Sorry about interruption. I couldn't help overhearing you two talking about them."
 
"It's okay," Sara replied. "Kazuki, meet Roberto Churko. He's your room mate and one of the leaders in the student council."
 
"Hi," Roberto softened his voice. "Do you know what the latest buzz about them?"
 
"No, I don't. What?"
"Those three are warlocks, male witches if you know what I mean."
 
"No kidding," Sara crossed her arms. 'Nowadays, it's difficult to differentiate the wolves from the sheep."
 
"What were you expecting? Black outfits? Vampire make-up? It only happens in the movies. Do you know what I have heard? These three are looking for a fourth member. Something about finishing the circle."
 
"Roberto, that is so lame."
 
"Hey, the minimum requirement of cult group is four people. You know, Earth, Fire, Wind, Water. North, South, East, West... the whole witch stuff. Whatever it is, Kazuki, stay far away from them or you might end up dead like poor Hiroto."
 
“I thought that the newspapers said he committed suicide after his girlfriend's accident.” Omi prompted. This conversation was going a lot better than he expected. It wasn't a surprise. He knew he had a way with people although he couldn't understand how he did it.
 
“Suicide?” Roberto snorted. “How many murders were made to appear as suicides?”
 
“Nevertheless,” Sara concluded. “It's best that not to get involved with them.”
 
 
 
Later in the afternoon…
 
At the archery arena, Omi held up a bow, drew back the string till his knuckles gazed at the angle of his jaw. He released. Out came a whizzing sound. The arrow flew and struck deeply into the heart of a red circle with a loud thud. The audience held their breathe in awe before going completely wild. The teachers stood dumbly and stared at each other in disbelief.
 
"All right, Kazuki!" Roberto applauded. "That was brillant. How did you do it?"
"Archery is my passion since childhood." Omi kept a wary eye on the girls. "It's nothing."
 
 
"Nothing?" Roberto slapped his hands upon Omi's shoulder. "Three bull eyes in the row and that is nothing? You're definitely part of the team. With your skills, we are going to win the national gold award! Tell you what. I'm going to discuss this with the teachers. They will have to let you in. See you later tonight in the dormitory."
 
"Sure, see you later," Omi replied, speeding off into the changing room before the girls had a chance to get a hold of him.
 
 
Turning the knob, Omi wished he could contact Yoji soon. Omi wasn't sure he was on the right track. It did feel great to be without the others yet awkward. On the other hand, he wasn't exactly hundred percent on his own because he was following what Yoji told him to do. Connections, he always said. The more connections one make, the easier to find information and the faster the mission would end. Omi looked at his digital watch. Wednesday. Considering what he learnt today, he should be doing just fine.
 
"Make more connections," he muttered, pulling down the handle. "A few more connections. Darn it! Why can't I open this locker?"
 
"You will have to bang it."
 
Omi jumped and saw three boys standing next to him, the ones whom Sara and Roberto mentioned.
 
"I'm sorry if I have frightened you," The one with the electric orange hair spoke. "See, I'll show you." Slamming his fist on the locker, he pulled down the handle. The locker door creaked opened. "Here you go."
 
"Thanks," Omi took out his bag. Feeling the dead silence, he held out his hand. "I'm Kazuki Asataka."
 
"Gau Suzuran," He pointed to the Crawford look-alike. "He's Michalik Fernandes and the other is Raphael Chaurasia." Half slouching, he continued. "I see you are skilled in archery. Ever thought of joining the school team."
 
"Not really, Roberto said he would be discussing with the teachers."
 
"Roberto, huh?" Crossing his arms. "Don't put too high hopes on him. He's full of empty words."
 
"Really," Omi slung his bag over his shoulders. "He sounds sincere."
 
"All members of the student council are trained to sound that way," said Gau. "Makes you feel like you are their friend."
 
"Especially Kelly," Raphael stroked his long ponytail. "She was capable of leading men on. Poor Hiroto, he didn't see that coming. Doesn't matter now. They are both dead. Guess that the runner-up is Sara. She's Kelly's best friend."
 
"What do you mean? Sara is sweet and friendly."
 
"The Devil always put the mask of a saint," Michalik adjusted his glasses.
 
"I don't understand."
 
"Kelly made Hiroto believed he could become a member of the student council. Such high hopes for a dream. Warned him, we did. He didn't listen and got his heart broken. She told him he wasn't student council material and not man enough for her," Gau closed the locker door. "The two got into a fierce argument and things became worse after that. So, beware of Sara. Don't say we didn't tell you." He grinned. "You don't believe us?"
 
"It's my first day and I'm already dragged into campus politics."
 
Raphael softly laughed. "There is no such thing as campus politics. It's simply tongue wagging that the student council creates to make themselves popular. It's the same in high school. Everyone wants to be somebody. Once you are at the top of the ladder, you have to do things to stay there. Even if it means to spread lies about other people."
 
"People like you?"
 
"Hit the nail on the head on your first day," Gau clapped. "Roberto and Sara know that we know they are dirty. To protect themselves, they dump the trash on us. It's their word against ours. Who would you believe? The student council or three helpless individuals? It's not that we are against them. We are against what they are preaching. If they are not practicing what they are preaching, then why should we obey their preaching? You get the picture?"
 
"Yeah, I do. Look, I have to go now. See you guys some other time?"
 
"Sure, no problem." Gau waved. "Catch you later, Kazuki."
 
 
 
Swiftly, Omi headed for the exit. Once outside, he heaved a sigh. He was glad to get out their presence. He didn't like the way they looked at him. It felt like they were trying to assess him.
 
 
"What makes you think he's the one?" Raphael spoke after the door was safely shut.
 
Michalik mentally calculated something with his fingers. "The stars show favour in Kazuki. I felt a strong presence in him. Deep," He licked his lips. "Mystical. He has a big secret."
 
"Besides that," Gau added. "His archery skills are very impressive. The precision, accuracy and the decisiveness he has displayed. Michalik is right. Kazuki has a secret. He did something more than just practicing on target boards.”
 
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED