Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Ghost of Castle Crawford ❯ 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

"Well, that's really unexpected!" Youji replied, looking at the red spot on the floor.

Manx immediately turned her head towards the twins.

"Ken? Omi? Did you paint this on the floor?" the red-haired woman asked her sons.

Both boys looked at each other and then at their mother.

"But we didn’t do anything, Mom! We swear!" they exclaimed in union.

"They are right! They were with me the whole time!" Aya said.


The red-haired woman looked at them sceptically. Finally she sighed.

"Fine. I will believe you this time! But if I ever...!" Manx started.

"We know, mom!" the twins said.

"Alright! Well, let's remove it again then!"

The red-haired woman disappeared for a moment and appeared with her small blue bottle, which contained the special polish. She repeated the same procedure as yesterday by removing the stain with a few small drops of the lotion. And as it had been yesterday, the blood stain vanished easily.

"So. And it's gone!" Manx said.

"But who knows for how long?" Youji finally replied.

"Oh, I'm sure it won't reappear!" Manx said after that.

The duke chuckled.

"Don’t underestimate the old Sir Bradley! After all, he has to keep up his reputation!"

Youji took a glance at his watch.

"Well, it's late and I really have to go. But first I want thank you for the nice evening. I really enjoyed it despite this little incident."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe we could repeat this!" Shuichi said, shaking the younger man's hand.

"Oh, I hope so! Why not tomorrow? I'd like you to invite you over to my house for dinner. But only if you have no other plans, of course...!" Youji suggested.

"Thank you for your invitation, but I'm afraid we don’t know when we'll be back tomorrow from the city! Maybe we could postpone this on another day!" Manx replied.

Youji's face suddenly brightened. Who would have thought that? Then an idea began to form in his mind and he clasped his hands.

"You want to go to the city? What a coincidence! Me too! Have to do some family business! We could go together and I could show you around." He said smiling.

And with a short, seductive glance to Ran, who blushed slightly, he added:

"I'm sure it is going to be an interesting day."

Manx and Shuichi looked each other. What should they do now? A look at their children told them that these ones didn’t seem to have anything against the duke's suggestion.

"I don’t know. We don’t want to impose on you..." The red-haired woman began to speak, but the young duke interrupted her.

"Oh no, you don’t impose on me. It's an honour for me! By the way, there are a lot of interesting places I can show you!"

"But...!"

"Awww, come on, Mom! It'll be fun!" the twins begged.

Manx finally sighed.

"Fine. Why not? Where and when do we meet?" she asked.

"How about 9 o'clock at my house? We could take two of my cars!" Youji said and took his coat, which Schu had gotten in the meantime.

Then he shook hands with then and went to the door.

"Alright then. I wish you all a good and ghost-free night! Goodbye and we'll see us tomorrow!" he said.

Then Youji turned to Ran, who had accompanied him the way, and breathed a kiss on the redhead's palm.

"Good Night, Beautiful! Sleep well!"

With these words he was gone. Ran stared after him, until he couldn’t see the light's of Youji's car anymore. Just when a hand touched his shoulders, he jerked out of his train of thoughts and saw Aya standing behind him.

"I think he likes you!" she said.

"I know. I like him, too!" he answered.

Aya smiled and closed the still open door.

"Come on, brother! It's late and you need sleep if you want to enjoy your rendezvous tomorrow!"

THAT startled Ran.

"Hey. We have no *rendezvous* tomorrow. He was just so polite to offer to show us around! That doesn’t mean we have a *date*!" he protested.

Aya giggled.

"If you think so...!" she laughed and started to run upstairs, past her younger brothers, who were shooed upstairs by her mother.

"That's it!" Ran said and started chasing after her.

Soon several giggles from upstairs could be heard. Shortly after, the whole family went to sleep and it became dark and quiet in the whole castle.

But not for long.

****

Sir Bradley de Crawford was boiling with anger. They had done it again. This damn family had removed the stain again. How could they dare...?

That was it. He had really tried to be patient...as patient a ghost could be...but now the final line had been crossed. Never before, one human had treated him and his name like this. Time to step in, before the rest of the village started to think of him as a coward, too. He had to keep up a certain reputation after all.

So what should he do now? He had thought about the situation the whole day and he had come up with a plan, which was brilliant, at least in his opinion. Tonight would be the night to convince those humans of his very own existence.

When he was still alive and happy with his lover Julian, one of his greatest passions had been playing theatre. He had often played with Julian and his lover had loved it to watch him. So why not bringing this passion in into his plan? He would do one of his best entrances tonight.

//Tonight is my night. Stage free for me!// he thought, before the ghost left the room.

****

Meanwhile in the family wing.

"Okay. Got it?" a youthful voice whispered.

"Yeah. And what's the plan now?" another voice whispered.

"We'll wait, until he appears and then we scare him instead he us. Simple plan." The first voice whispered again.

"I just hope that Mom and Dad don’t catch us or we're in deep trouble!"

"Don’t worry. They are deep asleep. I've checked on them a little while ago!"

"Good! Now give me that damn sheets and the scissors. We don’t have much time till midnight."

****

Sir Bradley walked along the corridors in the family wing, chains rattling around his arm and on the floor. He had taken them with him to get a better effect. And he had been right. They really made a nice, creepy sound.

****

Manx woke up, hearing a really strange noise. It sounded like...rattling chains. Rattling chains? Here in the castle? Well, she guessed there had to be some of them here, since it was a castle. But who was rattling with them in the middle of the night?

An idea came to her mind and immediately she got up, careful not to disturb her sleeping. Maybe the twins were making this noise. If they were it, she would give them now a real talking-to about disturbing other people's sleep.

She grabbed her kimono-like dressing gown and put it on. Then the red-haired woman opened slowly the door and stepped out of the room. There she looked back and forth. But no Ken and no Omi. Only a man of her age – dressed in strange, old-fashioned clothes and with...chains.

Narrowing her eyes, she stalked towards him.

"Hey you! Are you mad? Don’t you know that some people are trying to get some sleep at this time? And what are you doing? Rattling with those rusty chains! But if you feel like doing this...Fine! But it'd be nice of you to oil your chains and please don’t disturb us again or I'll call the police!" Manx said in a low voice, anger blazing in her eyes.

Then she turned round on the spot and stalked back to her bedroom, almost slamming the door shut.

Brad just stared after her, as if she were the ghost. What was wrong with these people? He just tried to keep up his reputation and scare those people to death. And what did this woman do? She scolded him, as if he was a bad infant. Nothing like this would have happened in former times.

The ghost stood very stiffly for a moment, his face full of annoyance and indignation. If Bradley hadn’t been sure that he was already dead, he could have sworn that he had felt his eyebrows twitching.

Finally he came out of his stiffness and made a face. Those damn people. Not a little bit of respect for old castle ghosts like him. Full with anger, Bradley began to run towards the stairs, pulling the chains behind him.

While he ran, his ghostly body began to glow in a creepy green light and he let out some hollow sighs, just to pretend possible other persons from disturbing him. But it didn’t work.

Just as he reached the end of the stairs, a door flew open and two small figures, completely clothed in white, shot out of the room. They giggled insanely and all of a sudden a pillow made its way towards him.

But since Bradley had no physical body anymore, it flew right through him and hit someone else instead. This someone was no one else than Ran, who had woken because of the strange sighs.

The pillow hit the redhead right into the face.

"Ken! Omi! What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn’t you two be in bed?" the redhead growled.

"Sorry, Ran! We just wanted to scare him!" one of the figures said, pointing at Bradley.

Ran narrowed his eyes and stared at the ghost, who stood truly in front of him. Who would have thought that he really did exist?

"But that's no excuse to hit me with your pillow!" he said, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"It really was just an accident! We...!"

The speech of the first figure stopped, when the sound of a door downstairs could be heard.

"Oh no...!" three male voices said in unison.

Then a well-known female voice resounded.

"Boys, I give you 5 seconds to get back into your beds. After that I'll come upstairs and lock you personally up! 5...4..."

Ken and Omi gulped nervously.

"Ahem...Night, Ran!" they said and fled back into their room, slamming the door shut.

The redhead also returned to his room, but not before risking a last glance at the ghost. He really looked like on the portrait.

****

Bradley just stood like a statue in the corridor. This last attack had been too much for his nerves. He had been attacked. With a Pillow. No one had ever dared attack him. No one. This was really too much for him.

He let the chains fall down and did the best he could think of at the moment. He fled. Bradley fled right through the panelling and right back into his safe little cell, where he spent the next few hours with thinking of a suited revenge.

****

The rest of the night went by without any disturbances, which were worth mentioning. Finally a new day dawned and the family had a new topic of conversation at breakfast.

"Wow, you really saw him?" Aya asked curiously, taking a bite of her toast.

"Yeah! We disguised us and when he was in front of our room, we stormed out and threw a pillow at him. Unfortunately it hit Ran." Ken explained happily.

Aya giggled and looked at the redhead, who threw a murderous glance at the twins.

"Omi! Ken! That wasn’t funny. You two have ruined two brand-new sheets because of your prank! And if I ever catch you again in the middle of the night, I'll take some more drastic measures. By the way, I don’t care if this ghost wants to scare innocent people. But he should at least oil his chains. They are making such a nerve-killing sound. I really couldn’t sleep last night!" Manx said.

"I heard nothing! Are you really sure there was someone?" Shuichi asked his wife.

"Believe me! I saw him! And I don’t wonder that you heard nothing! You're a heavy sleeper, after all, and I'm a light one. Or have you forgotten this little fact?" the red-haired woman countered.

"Oh...Yes. I remember!" Shuichi said.

Manx just rolled her eyes. Then her eyes looked at the old grandfather clock.

"Oh, we should hurry! Our meeting with the duke is in about 45 minutes!" she said and quickly finished her breakfast.

The others followed her example. After that everyone got their bags or rucksacks as well as their jackets...and they were out of the house. Only Manx stayed behind for a minute to give some last instructions to Schu.

"Okay, we don’t know when we'll be back. So you don’t have to wait for us. And since Youji invited us over for dinner, cooking isn’t necessary. Please enjoy your free day without us. We'll see us tomorrow!" she said to him.

"Thank you, Mrs. Fujimiya! I wish you all a nice day in the city!" the German said.

"Same to me! Goodbye!"

"Goodbye!"

With these words the red-haired woman stepped out of the house, the door closing behind her, and joined her family.

"Okay! Let's go!" she said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

Next time: A day in the city and Ran's first rendezvous with Youji. Stay Tuned!

It seems like an eternity since I have posted the last chapter and I'm really, really sorry for not updating sooner.

Ideas and comments are always welcome. Just write me:

Terrenis@web.de

Ja ne!

^^ Terrenis-chan ^.^