Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Library ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Library- Chapter 2

Sitting by his usual window seat in the classroom, Omi Tsukiyino frowned as he stared at the stack of un-organized pile of papers, which he's supposed to hand them in by the end of the lesson. It had been two days since his encounter with Nagi Naoe of Schwarz at the Tokyo Public library. He took a folder out of his backpack, trying to organize the jumbled up pages and arranging it in the correct sequence. He bite back a curse when one of the pages dropped onto the ground, muttering under his breath, he crouches down to reach the page before straightening his posture. The moment he sat back down on his seat, the teacher swept into the classroom ordering silence from the class.

As soon as the class settled down, the teacher announced that they had a new student and encourages the students to welcome the new kid. Omi's eyes widen as the classroom door opened admitting the telekinetic from Schwarz. He watched as Nagi stand in front of the class and introduced himself curtly as "Nagi Naoe", Omi glanced around the class and realized the only empty seat is the one next to him.

"Naoe-san, take the seat next to Tsukiyino-san." The teacher motioned for Nagi to move over to Omi.

"Tsukiyino-san, kindly stand up and signal the direction for your new classmate to follow." The teacher shot a look of annoyance over at Omi.

Omi stifled his urge to yell at the teacher, and stood up promptly. He tried to hold his papers in place, so that they won't fly all over the place when he let go. Although, he knew that Nagi will have no trouble locating him, since they knew each other from their previous encounter. Of course, no one in class knew about it so he did what he was told to do.

Nagi Naoe walked over to his assigned seat in silence. He couldn't believed his luck, he knew he would be studying in the same school as Omi when Brad Crawford announced the school's name over breakfast earlier. What he hadn't expected was he being in the same class with Omi Tsukiyino.

Nagi waited patiently for Omi to remove the lap-top from his seat before sitting down. He watched as Omi took out a notebook, flipped to an empty page, and started taking notes while the teacher droned on about 'Civilisations'. At the same time, trying to bind his research and report together in an empty folder.

Omi knew he's a wreck right now, he wondered what Nagi was thinking right now. He watched as Nagi took out a pen and notebook for notes-taking out of the corner of his eyes, while he was organizing everything and binding them together. After which, he took notes with one hand, while using the other to pass his folder to the front where the History representative of the class is busy collecting them. The rest of the lesson progressed on uneventfully, by the end of the lesson everyone was keen on getting out of class.

The bell rang as the teacher swept out of the class, students piling out of the class heading for the washroom to refresh themselves. Nagi was still sitting unmovingly, while the girls in the class gathered in a group to start gossiping. The class representative stepped forward to introduce themselves to Nagi and pointing out their respective duties, assuring Nagi that if he ever need any help they will be able to assist him. For that, Nagi had been very polite and agreeable but before anyone could say anything else, Omi had shot them a glare which simply tell them 'to mind their own business.'

Omi took the short ten minutes break to organize his stationery and labtop properly before turning to Nagi and apologize for his untidy organizing. Omi took this time to take in Nagi's appearance, that was when he blurted out "You are wearing School Uniform!"

"Huh?" Nagi looked at Omi weirdly before asking "Isn't it compulsory to wear school uniform to school?"

"Oh no... not exactly. Private academies does, but public schools like us doesn't required formal school wear. Although it's encouraged, not all of us are doing it. For me, I only had two set of school uniform instead of the usual three set. I bet some of them only had one set, I only wear school uniform cause' I don't have time to choose my attire. But sometimes, I'm just too tired to change into school uniform so I'll just come to school in casual jeans and T-shirts. Especially after those nights out..." Omi explained.

Nagi had no doubt that those 'nights out' refers to Weiss's missions, he nodded at Omi signaling he understood before interjecting "Well... I wear Uniforms because Brad insisted upon it..."

"So where did you transfer from?" Omi changed the subject as he made himself comfortable in his seat.

"I'll rather not talk about it, it had been unpleasant" Nagi answered softly and almost whispered the last part.

"Oh..." Omi made a knowing sound, apparently after their last encounter Swatchz had betrayed Essets... this might be the reason why Nagi had a need to transfer schools. That thought alone brought him to another question, he then asked "So what did you guys do for a living now?"

"Brad was looking up some free lance jobs..." Nagi answered carefully.

"Oh well... I hope we won't cross paths again..." Omi replied as he turned his attention back to the front when the next teacher strolled into the class.

"Okay, Class listen up! For your English Project for this term, you shall work in pairs. The person beside you will be your partner throughout the whole project. You shall be working on your partner lifestyle and family, you'll have to live with your partner for one week and observed each other lifestyle. At the end of the term, I want a full report on it and if possible, I want the head of the household to comment on your partner behavior when they stayed over with you. I expected everyone of you to keep a journal recording each day events when you stayed over, this will be collected and graded. Now, either you do it or failed it, this project took up 70% of your term work."The teacher paused in the midst of the announcement allowing the students to absorb this new piece of information.

"During this period, whatever assignments which I assigned will be required you and your partner to work together. Also, you have to give me an essay on the description of your partner impression to you by the end of this week. For now, I allow all of you to discuss this in class. Give me a rough time-table for the project to take place by the end of this period. You may begin now!" The English teacher continued.

'Oh Shit!' Both Nagi and Omi shared a look and held back a groan, they took out their notebook and brainstorm ideas on how to approached their team mates about this projects. "Somehow, I think they're not going to be happy..." Omi grumbled under his breath.

"That's an understatement, let's just hope we will live to see the end of the day." Nagi muttered as Omi handed in the rough time plan for the project to take place. The moment they stepped out of the classroom, they headed for the washroom when Omi suddenly exclaimed "Shit! I forgot about other factor... What are we going to do about our night jobs..."

"Oh, Damn! Another problem to the list..." Nagi mentally jotted it down.

They were about to leave the washroom when Omi pulled out a page in his spiral notebook and wrote down something on it, giving it to Nagi he said "That's my personal email which I used for school work, so feel free to contact me using that. Below the email is my cell phone number, you can also contact me using that. It's safer than the phone number in the Koneko."

"Oh, thanks... I'll be sure to take note of it. Here's mine..." He pulled out his own and give it to Omi, before adding as an afterthought "The emergency number belongs to Brad, so unless you can't reach me... I would prefer you not to use it. My cell number is there too, feel free to call at any time. No one else uses it, it's basically the number I gave to my previous schoolmates. Schwarz seldom used it, since we had our resident mastermind for the job of contacting each other directly in the mind."

Omi slipped the piece of paper into one of his textbook and said "Thanks, I'll be sure to keep it in mind. So shall we go now?"

Together they stepped out of the bathroom and headed for home, since they need to inform their respective team mates of the latest developments. They are not looking forward to the idea of dropping that piece of information to their team mates, they make a pact to inform each other of the latest developments and their team mates reaction as soon as they get the permission. Somehow, they both had to think of reasons and trying to stop their team mates from murdering them or the teacher.

~ to be continue~

date completed: 09/03/05

date revised: 02/04/05

[Notes: In this chapter, Omi found out that Nagi was his new classmates and they're supposed to be working together on a project throughout the whole term. They exchange contact number with each other.]