Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Wire Cuts Deep ❯ Familiar Stranger ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Can I help you?” A young man asked him. He was about as tall as Youji and blond hair fell down his face, covering his right eye.

It took sometime until Youji would answer the question. He still wasn’t sure if he wanted to go through with it, even though he was already standing in the “Kitten’s House”. He got this far but still he couldn’t just do it and leave.

That was until Ken came walking in. He was actually laughing and joking with another guy until he saw Youji. He froze on the spot starring at Youji. If anything it told Youji to just get over with it. Now.

“Yes, I hope so. I am looking for Fujimiya Aya” he told the blonde, trying to ignore Ken as much as he could.

“Oh,” the blonde stepped back a bit surprised, not yet noticing Ken, who still didn’t move or stop staring. “..what business do you have with Fujimiya-san, if may ask?”.

“Ah well…” Youji’s stomache started to feel funny. “… there’s something I have to give him… ”

“I see.” The blonde said, smiled, but didn’t move.

“I need to give it to him in person”.

The blonde enjoyed every second of the uncertainty in Youji’s eyes. Finally he said “Go upstairs, first door on the left”.

“Thank you a lot” Youji straightened his face and returned a polite smile at last. After a short bow he walked past the Blonde, up to the door when the Blonde returned “Not a problem. But I didn’t quite catch your name?”.

“Oh, I’m sorry. It’s Itou Youji” Youji didn’t bother to turn around and proceeded, walking past Ken and the guy who was standing beside him, giving both a curt and polite bow.

“Wait Youji!” Ken went after him the very next moment. “What on earth are you doing here?”

“I explained already” Youji said in a very calm tone and went on.

Ken didn’t recognize good old Youji. In fact this wasn’t at all like Youji. It wasn’t like Youji when they were still working in the Koneko, it also wasn’t like Youji in Germany and it wasn’t like Youji in Weiß’ last mission. It just wasn’t like Youji.

The guy looked like Youji’s body with a different guy in it. His hair was grown out again, reaching about onto his ears. He was wearing a suit. Youji Kudou of all people. A suit! He was calm and detached and didn’t seem to care for anything that had happened anymore. He halfway expected Youji to exclaim it was all a joke and laugh his ass off. But that never happened.

Youji went through the door and climbed up the staires. Ken considered following him but Yuki whom he had almost forgotten asked “Who was that?”

Taken by surprise Ken thought about it for a moment and said bitterly “No one I would know.”