Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Were-something ❯ Were-something ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AU CHALLENGE FIC
(A Snippet Spin-off from Crazy Sunday Mornings)
 
Jacqueline Jeumans, equally (if not more) demented as her twin brother Jacques, could not get over the fact that her dear brother is now to be addressed as her dearly departed brother. Somehow, she had to continue whatever Jacques dedicated his life to, because it all seems grand and besides, after escaping from the mental hospital there's nothing much to do anyway. And so there she was, in her brother's, oh sorry, her late brother's old backwater abandoned laboratory/shed/torture chamber. And so there the boys were again, about to assassin a lunatic of a scientist experimenting with young women leading to, so far, 12 deaths in the self-same backwater abandoned laboratory/shed/torture chamber.
 
“Why the fuck are we here in this godforsaken shit-hole again?” Yohji hissed into the intercom as he swiped at something that had been crawling on his arm, momentarily stopping from crawling on all fours amidst tall green things. The electric buzz came before Omi's voice was heard, in reply to Yohji's oh-so-articulate question. “There's someone trying to copy Jacques Jeumans, and we have to take that person out before experimenting on young women becomes a general trend in Tokyo.” Yohji snickered. “But Bombay-chan, you're actually supposed to experiment with younger women, unless, you know, you swing the other way…” The intercom buzzed again and an annoyed voice came through. “Balinese. Shut.Up.” Somewhere in the jungle of a front lawn, Yohji made a dour face; sure that even Aya can't be that omnipotent.* And once again, Ken was oblivious to whatever the three assassins had been talking about, since he had to do the thankless job of scout duty, and was ready to break into the abandoned laboratory/shed/torture chamber. As if on cue, all four Assassins nodded when Ken reported over the intercom that he was ready to go in, and Yohji and Aya followed as stealthily as shadows.
 
* * * *
 
Morning crept into the unnamed apartment no. 1, Tokyo, Japan and had trouble creeping into a specific room with too thick curtains, and had more trouble trying to wake up a man lost somewhere in between dark blue sheets, eventually giving up the lost cause. Morning found out that if Kudou Yohji was hard to wake up on a normal morning, he is harder still to wake up on this particular one. Tangled in Yohji's sheets (and also in Yohji's wayward limbs) along with the blond was a peacefully slumbering Aya, the two men doing a one-man short rendition of the sculpture of Laocoon**.
 
Give the peaceful, if somehow disconcerting, moment a chance before a redheaded spitfire wakes up and ruins it all.
 
Now is the time for the redheaded spitfire to wake up and ruin it all. But it wasn't instantaneous, mind you, as the earlier sentence was wont to imagine. No, it actually took five minutes before the redheaded spitfire decided he would certainly wake up now, despite mumbled protestations from the voice inside his head and the annoyance of that voiceless thing inside his head, particularly in the hindbrain, who was determined to cling on to the warm fuzzy feeling it got from slumbering in that certain position enveloped by something that the warm fuzzy feeling came from***. He cracked open an eye, quickly shut it again, and then tried to crack it open once more, only slower.
 
His field of vision took a moment to focus, since his right eye had something fleshy in front of it, and his left eye could make out some yellow strands. Hn. It didn't seem right, said Aya, and a while later his other voice (who would've insisted on being called Edouard, but was too sleepy to do so) replied, of course it's not right, you have our eyes wide open while I'm trying to go back to sleep. Aya ignored this, of course, and ventured out a muscle movement, one that involved his far flung hand, and found that it was gently reposed upon some soft skin with a sharp bone underneath. He flexed his fingers a bit, sending his pointer, ring, middle and pinky finger out on scout duty to figure out just where his hand actually was, and the nerve endings sent back to his brain the report that it was on some soft skin with a sharp bone underneath. Gingerly pulling back his hand to his general direction, while at the same time trying to locate his right arm and using it to push his torso up a bit, Aya found himself to be on a bed, with a slumbering Kudou Yohji, trapped in the writhing coils of a dark blue sheet^. Slowly, ever so slowly, Aya's eyes widened, and he recoiled in horror (on slow motion), raising his left hand somewhere near his face, like old-school horror movie heroines. And, in realizing that that hand had been gently reposing upon Yohji's hip (however did that get there?), he looked at it as if it would suddenly bite him.
 
[--Now, to help out the reader on trying to visualize, this was how things were positioned: Yohji was on his back on the far left (to the viewpoint of someone standing in front of the bed), in fact it could be called edge, of the bed, his whole right arm and a portion of his right shoulder hanging in between bed and floor. His head, stretched out to his right, laid on top of an askew pillow, his left shoulder and arm hidden underneath Aya's body. Presumably, because his left hand ends alighted on Aya's left shoulder. His right leg was bent, knee pointing to the ceiling, while most of his left leg was coiled upon by the sheets and Aya's right leg. Right, now onto Aya. We have mentioned that Aya's left hand was gently reposing on Yohji's hip, his right hip to be precise. Aya was lying on his right side, before he woke up, and his face was pushed towards Yohji's, his nose nuzzling Yohji's jaw, right eye facing an ear, lips almost kissing Yohji's neck. His right arm stayed between him and Yohji, hand clutching at the coiled sheet and pressing it towards his chest. His right leg was unceremoniously flung over Yohji's left leg, and Aya's own left leg is nowhere to be seen under the limbs and sheets above it, but presumably it's there, bent slightly. Okay, now the sheets. It wound starting from under Yohji's right foot, wound around Yohji's left leg binding it to Aya's right leg on top of it, wound some more, twisted a bit and ended up going under Aya's hip, emerging over Aya's middle and stretched towards Yohji's, went underneath Yohji's back and ended up clutched by Aya's right hand. There, it looked something like that before a certain redheaded spitfire woke up and ruined it.--]
 
Aya had half the mind to push Yohji off the bed and away from him as quickly as possible, but then the other half of his mind realized that if Yohji went down, Aya would go down with the blond like an unfortunate captain on a sinking ship he really didn't really like to be on in the beginning. He figured this out when he tried getting out of the sheets. If he was going to get out of the impromptu twister game he never remembered playing with the other man, he had to get out of the sheets first. To do this, Aya concluded, he had to wake Yohji up first. And he carried out this plan by hitting Yohji squarely on an unsuspecting naked shoulder and shouting “WAKE UP” with an “ASSHOLE” as an afterthought.
 
And Yohji, though hard to wake up when he wants it to be, certainly responds well to pain, response being a mumbled “OW” and to turn over to his right, and this he really tried to do, only he realized as he half-fell off his own bed (remember, his right side was already over the bed) and half-stayed on it (again, remember, his left arm was somewhere underneath Aya) that this endeavor was physically impossible without a.) ripping of his left shoulder or the more unlikely choice b.) pushing Aya off of him. Again, pain, only sharper and self-inflicted. He quickly turned back on his back, and to alleviate the pain on his left shoulder, turned to the left-- only to meet Aya's indignant-looking collar bone^^. Yohji sighed. Crummy day, having to square with Aya's indignant collar bones first thing in the morning… and even on his own bed, mind you.
 
He tried sitting up to meet Aya head on, well, face on, but having his arm, as mentioned, pinned underneath the resentful weight of the redhead beside him, he resorted to the docile position of being on his back looking up to lightning and thunder (a.k.a. the steely violet orbs that Aya calls his pupils). Docile as it was, at least it wasn't painful… yet. He sighed again and rolled his eyes a bit; definitely a look of being put-upon took hold of his features. Aya's left eye twitched a bit in return, definitely a look of becoming homicidal anytime soon digging in its heels on his features. Yohji's features promptly cleared and settled in a more pleasing, patient, wide-eyed `what-did-I-do-now?' look he has come to mastering whenever Aya was in the vicinity.
 
A low hiss emanated from somewhere, presumably from the redhead's compressed lips, but it somehow sounds like it didn't even really bother to pass through those thin lines, if anything can really pass through them at all. Yohji gulped.
 
“Kudou…”
 
“Lord.”
 
A bit thrown off by the reply, Aya's left hand stopped it's advance towards Yohji's neck, the redhead's face momentarily registered a look of puzzlement. Yohji cleared his throat and smiled, practically beamed and poured and radiated a look of doting understanding in his eyes.
 
“Lord. That's what you called me last night.”
 
“Lor…d…?”
 
“'Course you did love, don't you remember? You were practically shouting it to the world.”
 
“…shouting?...”
 
“Yep… shouted and grunted and pleaded… and by gods can you moan… oh and yes, you purred… (waggles eyebrows and leers)”
 
“…mo…”
 
“But of course, between the both of us love, we know Lord's just short for Lord Yohji God of Incredibly Mind Blowing Sex (insert malicious grin and one salacious wink).”
 
“SE… (choke choke splutter choke blood withdraws from whole face) …se..x…?”
 
At seeing the redhead's reaction Yohji's nostrils flared and he had to bite his tongue from guffawing, but alas, that he did. Loudly, side-aching and teary-eyed guffawed. Rather quick on the uptake Aya recovered, and the room possibly went several degrees colder by his glare alone. It's amazing how Aya managed to haul Yohji to a sitting position and get the blond trapped in a rather menacing arm bar, further agitating the much-abused left shoulder, in the length it took for his eyes to blink. Face near his own right knee, Yohji sensed it more than saw it, as his eyes are actually screwed shut with pain. Now it was the blond's turn to hiss, in his own style, through clenched teeth. He felt something brush by his ear, and heard the low whisper promising more pain to come.
 
“finefinem'sorrynowgetoff!”
 
“WHAT?”
 
“I SAID I'M SORRY YOU DAFT OL….OOoooweeeeoooooo…. I said I'm sorry, sorry oh gods really really sorry!”
 
“Hn. I thought that was what you said.”
 
“Oh man… can't take a joke can you? Mumblemumblegrumble… this is gonna hurt… now how do you suppose I can garrote anyone with a shoulder hurting like this? Mumblemumblemumble…”
 
“WHAT?”
 
“I said dude relax.”
 
Aya let the blond simmer a bit before mixing in an interrogation. It started with a rather curious question.
 
“Are you sure we didn't have sex?”
 
“mumblemumblenotovermydeadbodymumblemumble”
 
“What?”
 
“I said no.”
 
“You mean, no we had sex or no, we didn't have sex?”
 
“I said no, we didn't have sex.”
 
Aya looked Yohji up and down suspiciously. “Are you absolutely sure?”
 
“ Aya, let me put it this way… even if we even actually did want to have sex, in some convoluted time and space warp in some other galaxy in this infinite universe, even if we even actually agreed to it, we wouldn't be able to, because you would have frozen my dick off before we ever got to anything interesting.”
 
Aya didn't understand why, but he felt affronted by this. He made a mental note to ask why Yohji wouldn't want to have sex with him, even if Aya himself doesn't want to, let's just have that clear, but if ever he did, and if ever he himself actually thought Yohji good enough to have sex with, then why would Yohji spurn him? That's just plain absurd, but that would have to be cleared later. Right now he'd really want to know what he was doing waking up on Yohji's bed in his boxers.
 
“Okay then… why am in your bed?”
 
Yohji's intended reply hovered a bit in his lips, and then he shot Aya a suspicious look. “You mean, you don't remember?”
 
Now it's Aya's turn to be suspicious. Narrowing his eyes, he replied, “Is there anything I have to remember?”
 
Yohji pursed his lips as he swiveled his eyes towards the ceiling, thinking. This only served to increase Aya's suspicion. After a while, Yohji clicked his tongue and shrugged. “So you really don't remember having sex with me? Ok ok just kidding please let go of my neck <ick!> thank you that's better.” Massaging his neck and grimacing, Yohji clambered off his bed and made a beeline towards the door, hurried to it halfway when Aya began ordering him back, and moved quickly as lightning to get out and close the door before a flying shoe hit him. Running towards the stairs, he heard the distant sound of thunder which was Aya bellowing out his name. He made a mental note to clean out the remnants of massacred carrots from under his bed later, when the terrible force of nature which is a pissed off and confused Aya finally vacates his bedroom which Yohji was sure to happen in, oh, the year of the infinity. Still, a man can hope. He marched towards the laundry room to get some clothes and then passed by the petty cash box on the ring-up counter in the shop to finagle some money before heading right out, barefoot, to some place Aya wasn't.
 
Then yadda yadda yadda the time passed by so quickly until the next Tuesday night, the minutes interspersed with confrontations between a really pissed Aya and a sheepish Yohji. Steeling himself, Yohji camped out on his bed with a borrowed video camera and a grocery bag full of carrots. Then yadda yadda yadda it's the next morning yet again. And morning found Aya trapped among twisted sheets and wayward limbs on Yohji's bed… again. You can just bet how livid Aya was when he woke up that when he shouted Yohji into waking up he didn't give the blonde a chance to speak and went straight to administering a painful headlock on the unfortunate choking blonde.
 
“(choke choke splutter choke wheeze gasp) A…ya…let…g…go!”
 
“Not until you swear on pain of a future of more pain that you won't hightail it out here the moment I let go of you.”
 
“(nod nod) y…ye…yes…sss!”
 
“And you'll give me an explanation or else your balls are going on a date with my katana.”
 
“(frantic continuous nodding) gah! (points towards bedside table to his right)”
 
Aya's eyes trailed towards the bedside table, on which an unassuming video camera sat quietly. He slowly released Yohji from the headlock from hell, but Yohji didn't mind the slow speed because he helped it speed up by clawing at the offending arm. Sparing Yohji an angry glance, Aya snatched the camera off the table and settled back into the pillows behind him as he turned it on. Then he flung his right leg and caught a recovering Yohji on the chest, pushing a now surprised Yohji flat on the back while a yelp escaped from the blonde's mouth.
 
“You're not going anywhere.” Aya said as a matter-of-factly, without even tearing his gaze away from the video camera's small screen. His right leg rose up and down as Yohji sighed.
 
“As if I can go anywhere now.” Yohji mumbled, trying his damnest to glare at Aya's offending leg without going cross-eyed from the way he was positioned. From the comfort of being under Aya's leg Yohji felt the said leg tense, and then go limp. He craned to see Aya, but it was all upside down, so he gave the leg an experimental prod before pushing it off of him, sat up and turned towards Aya, who was staring dumbfounded (there's no other word for it) at the video being played before him.
 
The video moved a lot, given that Yohji who was holding it was backing away from an oncoming Aya. Aya didn't so much move as leapt, yes, leapt towards Yohji in great, ballet-like jumps. One can hear Yohji's voice protesting miserably and trying to get Aya to stop following him. Later on the camera shot the ceiling, and this was due to the fact that Yohji backed into his bed and fell, he scrabbled a bit and gave out a loud “OOMPH!” as Aya's face filled the whole shot, smiling in a feral way, occasionally twitching his nose and scratching at it with the back of his hand. Yohji's further protests informed the viewers that Aya has just jumped on him and was biting at his free hand in a playful, albeit not altogether painless way. A hand, presumably Yohji's, reached out behind Aya's ear and started scratching at it, and Aya closed his eyes and twitched his nose. Taking advantage of the moment the video moved about again as Yohji struggled to get something from beside the bed. Exclaiming “A-HA!” Yohji's hand threw something away from the bed and Aya stopped moving and went rigid save for the twitching nose. Then the camera actually blurred between the moments Aya was in the shot to the next one where he wasn't. The video moved, indicating a movement from Yohji, and then settled at Aya who was on the floor on all fours busy with stalking out a carrot. Then in a flash of movement Aya's hand darted out, seemed as if strangling the carrot for all its worth, and then the next moment the unfortunate carrot was in his mouth being nibbled to death.
 
Aya's hand stopped the video on its own accord. Yohji was already well away from the bed and was sitting on a window ledge, cigarette in hand, smoke curling up towards the ceiling where there was a yellowish stain. Shocked, Aya replayed the video from the start, and then again until he was sure of the flicker of fangs that he saw a moment before the demise of the carrot. Then he watched the rest of the video, past the part where he was stripping off his clothes with Yohji actually begging him to keep on the boxers, up until the part he yawned, hopped around a bit, and settled down on the bed (by this time Yohji has left the camera on the bedside table), snuggling up beside an exhausted Yohji.
 
Finally Aya found his voice as he let fall the video camera to his lap. “Was I… was I drugged?”
 
“Tch, I wish you were, and then at least I could've found an antidote and stopped you from stressing me out so much.”
 
“You're not suggesting…”
 
“Nope. I'm saying. Remember, you got bit by the only test rabbit left alive in that weirdo lab last… well the second time we raided it, right? Sounds eerily familiar, I would say.”
 
“So… I'm…?”
 
Yohji nodded grimly.
 
Aya's eyes fell on the floor where he found, yes, the remnant stalks of all those poor carrots he nibbled to death last night. It couldn't have been a hoax, if it was then it was very elaborate and costly, having to hire an Aya look-alike or bribe Omi to do an incredible computer simulation. He shook his head in disbelief, but his eyes were unfocused. Yohji afforded him a look of sympathy.
 
“If it's any consolation Aya, I have to deal with being a vampire every Saturday night.”
 
This woke Aya from his mental stupor and he stared hard at Yohji, as if willing the other man to grow fangs on the spot. Then he shook his head again, clambered off the bed and started hunting for his discarded clothing. He didn't dare look at Yohji the whole time he was putting on his clothes, and once finished he headed resolutely towards the door. Before leaving, however, he spoke softly.
 
“At least you didn't end up becoming a were-rabbit.”
 
People would think that Aya was actually sad when he did this. Actually, if one paid close attention to the hand gripping the doorknob with such vehemence that the knuckles seemed like they're about to break through the skin, then one would find that Aya was actually livid with rage and not sad at all.
 
Yohji's eyes followed the redhead's movements and stared at the closed door well after Aya left his room. Outside, as Aya walked slowly back to his room, a vein popped out in his left temple and his hands clenched involuntarily as he heard Yohji laugh his head off, occasionally shouting “A were-rabbit! Hysterical!”.
 
 
*a dour face which Aya totally saw, given that he was back-up to Yohji and was watching out for him somewhere amidst tall green things.
 
**Yohji's sheets serving as the humongous coiled serpent.
 
***Some would say this to be Aya's more primal instincts, the one that goes way back to the time when people were more of half-monkeys gathering around the only fire inside a wet, unhappy little cave while outside dinosaurs roamed about for the occasional early evening homo meal. People have the tendency to go near something warm enough and stay put there, not too hot or too cold, just comfortably (toe-curling-in-a-good-way) right. Call it the Goldilocks tendency. Then there are others who would say that Aya's instincts don't really call for anything warm, just a good sharp blade and some ubiquitous senator with mutton chops resembling a koala to carve with. Considerable debate has thus ensued from this, and in the end the two sides decided to agree on not agreeing, and that was that.
 
^the sheets started writhing when Aya started moving. Incidentally, his left hand was positioned upon Yohji's hip.
 
^^well-known fact between anyone who's ever met Aya- he's so righteous he can make even his boots, when you accidentally scruff them, look unpleasantly indignant. What more a collar bone?