Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ A Long Night ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
 
Karasuma gazed at Michael, sat before the bank of computer screens, headphones on, engrossed in his work. Not really a young man, she thought, instead stuck in an in-between phase, no more a boy, but yet to grow into manhood. He was gangly, and painfully thin, at the age where he could eat any amount of anything and not put on weight. He looked like a normal youth, listening to his music, playing on his computer. It was only when you looked closer, that you realised that there was something not normal about him. His jumper was too big for him, and slightly moth-eaten, his skin tinged with pallor unusual for even a boy of that age. She sighed. It was hard not to feel pity for him, trapped in the old, warren-like building that was STN-J's office. Still, she shook her head to clear her thoughts, he chose the path he now followed, he had chosen to live this way, though, admittedly, his choices had been limited. Standing, she called “Goodnight, I'm off now”. The small figure removed a headphone and replied “see you later,” then returned straight away to his typing.